Jump to topic:

Non literal genesis interpretation Christians

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 11:47:07 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
How can you justify your position in rejecting Genesis as a literal interpretation of how Yawheh created the universe and everything within it and still identify as a Christian?

Why would Yawheh present an account that appears to be intended to be read as a factual description of how creation happened if it didn't actually happen?

What would motivate him to present a false account?

Why didn't he provide the truthful creation account that could have been supported by science?

Or reveal scientific information not known to humanity?
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
IM-True
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 4:28:18 PM
At 9/25/2016 11:47:07 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
How can you justify your position in rejecting Genesis as a literal interpretation of how Yawheh created the universe and everything within it and still identify as a Christian?

Why would Yawheh present an account that appears to be intended to be read as a factual description of how creation happened if it didn't actually happen?

Why didn't he provide the truthful creation account that could have been supported by science?

Or reveal scientific information not known to humanity? : :

I can't imagine Adam and Eve understanding computer technology with only a rudiment spoken language to speak to each other. In fact, none of God's prophets knew how to write until one of them was trained to write by men under the influence of the beast. Then it took another few thousand years before the beast taught man how to build computer technology for God to teach me how he created his program.
rnjs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 5:28:08 PM

Nothing would motivate Him to give a false account, that's why He gave a true account.
It can be supported by science, depending on ones interpretation of the facts/evidence.
He did reveal a number of things unknown to man in the Bible.
rnjs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 5:36:06 PM
At 9/26/2016 4:28:18 PM, IM-True wrote:

I can't imagine Adam and Eve understanding computer technology with only a rudiment spoken language to speak to each other. In fact, none of God's prophets knew how to write until one of them was trained to write by men under the influence of the beast. Then it took another few thousand years before the beast taught man how to build computer technology for God to teach me how he created his program.

Most of that is pure speculation, since the first man(Adam as well as Eve) was highly intelligent there is no reason to believe he couldn't write and he used the fastest most complex computer in the known universe, his brain.
An studies have concluded that man is actually getting less smart as compared to previous generations.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 5:46:50 PM
At 9/26/2016 5:36:06 PM, rnjs wrote:
At 9/26/2016 4:28:18 PM, IM-True wrote:

Most of that is pure speculation, since the first man(Adam as well as Eve) was highly intelligent there is no reason to believe he couldn't write and he used the fastest most complex computer in the known universe, his brain.
An studies have concluded that man is actually getting less smart as compared to previous generations.

Sorry, but you'll need to produce peer reviewed studies for that claim.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 8:59:23 PM
At 9/26/2016 5:28:08 PM, rnjs wrote:

Nothing would motivate Him to give a false account, that's why He gave a true account.

Wrong. The genesis creation account is false. The universe is demonstrably older than the 6, 000 years claimed by around 13 billion years.

It can be supported by science, depending on ones interpretation of the facts/evidence.

It is proven false by science. It's a known fact the sun existed before plants.

He did reveal a number of things unknown to man in the Bible.

Like what?
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.