Total Posts:94|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

You must think like a child to get to heaven

Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 11:56:30 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Matthew 18:3:

And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 18:17:

Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

In these verses Jesus tells his followers that to reach heaven it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought and instead make the assumption that proclaimed miracles and biblical tales are the undisputed truth merely because someone else said they are even if no evidence supporting the occurrence of these alleged events exists.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
annanicole
Posts: 19,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 12:21:48 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/25/2016 11:56:30 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Matthew 18:3:

And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 18:17:

Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

In these verses Jesus tells his followers that to reach heaven it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought and instead make the assumption that proclaimed miracles and biblical tales are the undisputed truth merely because someone else said they are even if no evidence supporting the occurrence of these alleged events exists.

How do you know that "become like little children" equates to "it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought"?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
roun12
Posts: 177
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 12:26:39 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/26/2016 12:21:48 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/25/2016 11:56:30 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Matthew 18:3:

And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 18:17:

Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

In these verses Jesus tells his followers that to reach heaven it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought and instead make the assumption that proclaimed miracles and biblical tales are the undisputed truth merely because someone else said they are even if no evidence supporting the occurrence of these alleged events exists.

How do you know that "become like little children" equates to "it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought"?

When was the last time you saw a small child think critically?
"No, I disagree. 'R' is among the most menacing of sounds. That's why they call it MURDER, not Muckduck." - Dwight

"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure." - George Carlin
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 12:33:14 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/26/2016 12:21:48 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/25/2016 11:56:30 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Matthew 18:3:

And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 18:17:

Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

In these verses Jesus tells his followers that to reach heaven it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought and instead make the assumption that proclaimed miracles and biblical tales are the undisputed truth merely because someone else said they are even if no evidence supporting the occurrence of these alleged events exists.

How do you know that "become like little children" equates to "it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought"?

Because little children are incapable of the same levels of critical thought as adults. They take the word of influential people (teachers, parents etc) in their lives as the truth as they are incapable of assessing the validity of what they are taught for themselves.

This is effectively the message Christianity teaches it's believers:

Because you are incapable of understanding for yourself just take with blind faith the opinions of others as the unquestionable truth. If you have any doubt or questions it must be your own stupidity.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Emmarie
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 12:40:14 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/26/2016 12:33:14 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 9/26/2016 12:21:48 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/25/2016 11:56:30 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Matthew 18:3:

And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 18:17:

Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

In these verses Jesus tells his followers that to reach heaven it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought and instead make the assumption that proclaimed miracles and biblical tales are the undisputed truth merely because someone else said they are even if no evidence supporting the occurrence of these alleged events exists.

How do you know that "become like little children" equates to "it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought"?

Because little children are incapable of the same levels of critical thought as adults. They take the word of influential people (teachers, parents etc) in their lives as the truth as they are incapable of assessing the validity of what they are taught for themselves.

This is effectively the message Christianity teaches it's believers:

Because you are incapable of understanding for yourself just take with blind faith the opinions of others as the unquestionable truth. If you have any doubt or questions it must be your own stupidity.
I questioned everything when I was a little kid. I didn't, however, hold grudges, or look for reasons to hate anyone, so that is what I think is meant by, "become like little children."
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 12:44:20 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/26/2016 12:40:14 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 9/26/2016 12:33:14 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 9/26/2016 12:21:48 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/25/2016 11:56:30 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Matthew 18:3:

And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 18:17:

Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

In these verses Jesus tells his followers that to reach heaven it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought and instead make the assumption that proclaimed miracles and biblical tales are the undisputed truth merely because someone else said they are even if no evidence supporting the occurrence of these alleged events exists.

How do you know that "become like little children" equates to "it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought"?

Because little children are incapable of the same levels of critical thought as adults. They take the word of influential people (teachers, parents etc) in their lives as the truth as they are incapable of assessing the validity of what they are taught for themselves.

This is effectively the message Christianity teaches it's believers:

Because you are incapable of understanding for yourself just take with blind faith the opinions of others as the unquestionable truth. If you have any doubt or questions it must be your own stupidity.
I questioned everything when I was a little kid. I didn't, however, hold grudges, or look for reasons to hate anyone, so that is what I think is meant by, "become like little children."

You questioned everything and listened to what influential people in your life told you because at that age you were incapable of critical thought.

How do you deal with that problem? To become like a small child you must refrain from critical thought.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Idealist
Posts: 2,520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 12:48:38 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/25/2016 11:56:30 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Matthew 18:3:

And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 18:17:

Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

In these verses Jesus tells his followers that to reach heaven it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought and instead make the assumption that proclaimed miracles and biblical tales are the undisputed truth merely because someone else said they are even if no evidence supporting the occurrence of these alleged events exists.

I've never been a big fan of quoting the Bible, but I have to say that the first time I heard this one it caused a clutch in my heart. I think the message is that to be like a child is to be special in a way few adults ever can. People look at children and see something super-special. A person with dreams, faith, trust and especially loyalty. Your child loves you even when you mistreat him/her, and while child abuse is totally despicable, a child's ability to bond, forgive and love with a totally open heart is enough to bring tears to one's eyes. Any parent can tell you this. To love as a child loves is to love without reservation, and so the thought of this has always touched me deeply.
Perussi
Posts: 781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 12:58:08 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/25/2016 11:56:30 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Matthew 18:3:

And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 18:17:

Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

In these verses Jesus tells his followers that to reach heaven it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought and instead make the assumption that proclaimed miracles and biblical tales are the undisputed truth merely because someone else said they are even if no evidence supporting the occurrence of these alleged events exists.

Still going strong hmmm?

The bible is full of examples like these. Obviously it doesn't actually mean be like a child.
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-
Emmarie
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 12:58:44 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/26/2016 12:44:20 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 9/26/2016 12:40:14 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 9/26/2016 12:33:14 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 9/26/2016 12:21:48 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/25/2016 11:56:30 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Matthew 18:3:

And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 18:17:

Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

In these verses Jesus tells his followers that to reach heaven it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought and instead make the assumption that proclaimed miracles and biblical tales are the undisputed truth merely because someone else said they are even if no evidence supporting the occurrence of these alleged events exists.

How do you know that "become like little children" equates to "it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought"?

Because little children are incapable of the same levels of critical thought as adults. They take the word of influential people (teachers, parents etc) in their lives as the truth as they are incapable of assessing the validity of what they are taught for themselves.

This is effectively the message Christianity teaches it's believers:

Because you are incapable of understanding for yourself just take with blind faith the opinions of others as the unquestionable truth. If you have any doubt or questions it must be your own stupidity.
I questioned everything when I was a little kid. I didn't, however, hold grudges, or look for reasons to hate anyone, so that is what I think is meant by, "become like little children."

You questioned everything and listened to what influential people in your life told you because at that age you were incapable of critical thought.
Don't tell me how I responded to "influential" people. The most influential person in my life was my dad, who would pat me on the back for having a mind of my own and for thinking critically. He'd get a kick out of it when I stumped teachers by questions I asked them, and came home and told him, he'd pat me on the back and tell me keep it up. He'd always tell my mom, "that kid has a mind of her own," when she'd ask me where I came up with my ideas.

How do you deal with that problem? To become like a small child you must refrain from critical thought.
No, to become like a small child, you must stop holding grudges and live in the moment.
illegalcombat
Posts: 632
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 1:00:29 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/25/2016 11:56:30 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Matthew 18:3:

And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 18:17:

Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

In these verses Jesus tells his followers that to reach heaven it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought and instead make the assumption that proclaimed miracles and biblical tales are the undisputed truth merely because someone else said they are even if no evidence supporting the occurrence of these alleged events exists.

Well like many things it's open to interpretation.

Maybe Jesus could of explained in more detail what he mean't, without such it just becomes woo, I mean it sounds spiritual, not too sure what it means, but hey It's Jesus so lets just go along with it.
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 1:05:58 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/26/2016 12:48:38 AM, Idealist wrote:
At 9/25/2016 11:56:30 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Matthew 18:3:

And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 18:17:

Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

In these verses Jesus tells his followers that to reach heaven it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought and instead make the assumption that proclaimed miracles and biblical tales are the undisputed truth merely because someone else said they are even if no evidence supporting the occurrence of these alleged events exists.

I've never been a big fan of quoting the Bible, but I have to say that the first time I heard this one it caused a clutch in my heart. I think the message is that to be like a child is to be special in a way few adults ever can. People look at children and see something super-special. A person with dreams, faith, trust and especially loyalty. Your child loves you even when you mistreat him/her, and while child abuse is totally despicable, a child's ability to bond, forgive and love with a totally open heart is enough to bring tears to one's eyes. Any parent can tell you this. To love as a child loves is to love without reservation, and so the thought of this has always touched me deeply.

Yes children are vulnerable to abuse. The message of the bible is meekly accept abuse like a child without questioning those dishing it out. How Is that in any way a good thing. To me your post glorifies suffering and child abuse which I find disgusting.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 1:07:31 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/26/2016 12:58:08 AM, Perussi wrote:
At 9/25/2016 11:56:30 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Matthew 18:3:

And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 18:17:

Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

In these verses Jesus tells his followers that to reach heaven it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought and instead make the assumption that proclaimed miracles and biblical tales are the undisputed truth merely because someone else said they are even if no evidence supporting the occurrence of these alleged events exists.

Still going strong hmmm?

The bible is full of examples like these. Obviously it doesn't actually mean be like a child.

Well what does it mean then?
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Perussi
Posts: 781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 1:10:32 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/26/2016 1:07:31 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 9/26/2016 12:58:08 AM, Perussi wrote:
At 9/25/2016 11:56:30 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Matthew 18:3:

And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 18:17:

Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

In these verses Jesus tells his followers that to reach heaven it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought and instead make the assumption that proclaimed miracles and biblical tales are the undisputed truth merely because someone else said they are even if no evidence supporting the occurrence of these alleged events exists.

Still going strong hmmm?

The bible is full of examples like these. Obviously it doesn't actually mean be like a child.

Well what does it mean then?

It is a simile. You must fully believe and follow.
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 1:11:10 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/26/2016 12:58:44 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 9/26/2016 12:44:20 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 9/26/2016 12:40:14 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 9/26/2016 12:33:14 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 9/26/2016 12:21:48 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/25/2016 11:56:30 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Matthew 18:3:

And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 18:17:

Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

In these verses Jesus tells his followers that to reach heaven it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought and instead make the assumption that proclaimed miracles and biblical tales are the undisputed truth merely because someone else said they are even if no evidence supporting the occurrence of these alleged events exists.

How do you know that "become like little children" equates to "it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought"?

Because little children are incapable of the same levels of critical thought as adults. They take the word of influential people (teachers, parents etc) in their lives as the truth as they are incapable of assessing the validity of what they are taught for themselves.

This is effectively the message Christianity teaches it's believers:

Because you are incapable of understanding for yourself just take with blind faith the opinions of others as the unquestionable truth. If you have any doubt or questions it must be your own stupidity.
I questioned everything when I was a little kid. I didn't, however, hold grudges, or look for reasons to hate anyone, so that is what I think is meant by, "become like little children."

You questioned everything and listened to what influential people in your life told you because at that age you were incapable of critical thought.
Don't tell me how I responded to "influential" people. The most influential person in my life was my dad, who would pat me on the back for having a mind of my own and for thinking critically. He'd get a kick out of it when I stumped teachers by questions I asked them, and came home and told him, he'd pat me on the back and tell me keep it up. He'd always tell my mom, "that kid has a mind of her own," when she'd ask me where I came up with my ideas.

The reality is children are on average not capable of the same level of critical thought as adults due to their level of cognitive development.

How do you deal with that problem? To become like a small child you must refrain from critical thought.
No, to become like a small child, you must stop holding grudges and live in the moment.

Children can also hold grudges and adults can also live in the moment. What can't be disputed is children have a lower level of cognitive development then adults and therefore are less capable of critical thought.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 1:13:48 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/26/2016 1:00:29 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 9/25/2016 11:56:30 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Matthew 18:3:

And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 18:17:

Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

In these verses Jesus tells his followers that to reach heaven it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought and instead make the assumption that proclaimed miracles and biblical tales are the undisputed truth merely because someone else said they are even if no evidence supporting the occurrence of these alleged events exists.

Well like many things it's open to interpretation.

Maybe Jesus could of explained in more detail what he mean't, without such it just becomes woo, I mean it sounds spiritual, not too sure what it means, but hey It's Jesus so lets just go along with it.

Little children have not reached their potential in terms of ability to think critically.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Hiu
Posts: 1,015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 1:13:57 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/25/2016 11:56:30 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Matthew 18:3:

And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 18:17:

Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

In these verses Jesus tells his followers that to reach heaven it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought and instead make the assumption that proclaimed miracles and biblical tales are the undisputed truth merely because someone else said they are even if no evidence supporting the occurrence of these alleged events exists.

SMH you think this is what actually Jesus taught....? What Jesus said was allegorical.
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 1:16:13 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/26/2016 1:10:32 AM, Perussi wrote:
At 9/26/2016 1:07:31 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 9/26/2016 12:58:08 AM, Perussi wrote:
At 9/25/2016 11:56:30 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Matthew 18:3:

And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 18:17:

Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

In these verses Jesus tells his followers that to reach heaven it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought and instead make the assumption that proclaimed miracles and biblical tales are the undisputed truth merely because someone else said they are even if no evidence supporting the occurrence of these alleged events exists.

Still going strong hmmm?

The bible is full of examples like these. Obviously it doesn't actually mean be like a child.

Well what does it mean then?

It is a simile. You must fully believe and follow.

In other words you must believe in blind faith what those above you say because it's beyond your understanding. Act like a young child and ignore rational thoughts.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
annanicole
Posts: 19,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 1:22:12 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/26/2016 12:26:39 AM, roun12 wrote:
At 9/26/2016 12:21:48 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/25/2016 11:56:30 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Matthew 18:3:

And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 18:17:

Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

In these verses Jesus tells his followers that to reach heaven it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought and instead make the assumption that proclaimed miracles and biblical tales are the undisputed truth merely because someone else said they are even if no evidence supporting the occurrence of these alleged events exists.

How do you know that "become like little children" equates to "it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought"?

When was the last time you saw a small child think critically?

I haven't. I haven't seen a six-foot-tall one, either. How in the world do you expect an adult to become the size of a child?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Emmarie
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 1:22:46 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/26/2016 1:11:10 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 9/26/2016 12:58:44 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 9/26/2016 12:44:20 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 9/26/2016 12:40:14 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 9/26/2016 12:33:14 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 9/26/2016 12:21:48 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/25/2016 11:56:30 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Matthew 18:3:

And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 18:17:

Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

In these verses Jesus tells his followers that to reach heaven it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought and instead make the assumption that proclaimed miracles and biblical tales are the undisputed truth merely because someone else said they are even if no evidence supporting the occurrence of these alleged events exists.

How do you know that "become like little children" equates to "it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought"?

Because little children are incapable of the same levels of critical thought as adults. They take the word of influential people (teachers, parents etc) in their lives as the truth as they are incapable of assessing the validity of what they are taught for themselves.

This is effectively the message Christianity teaches it's believers:

Because you are incapable of understanding for yourself just take with blind faith the opinions of others as the unquestionable truth. If you have any doubt or questions it must be your own stupidity.
I questioned everything when I was a little kid. I didn't, however, hold grudges, or look for reasons to hate anyone, so that is what I think is meant by, "become like little children."

You questioned everything and listened to what influential people in your life told you because at that age you were incapable of critical thought.
Don't tell me how I responded to "influential" people. The most influential person in my life was my dad, who would pat me on the back for having a mind of my own and for thinking critically. He'd get a kick out of it when I stumped teachers by questions I asked them, and came home and told him, he'd pat me on the back and tell me keep it up. He'd always tell my mom, "that kid has a mind of her own," when she'd ask me where I came up with my ideas.

The reality is children are on average not capable of the same level of critical thought as adults due to their level of cognitive development.

How do you deal with that problem? To become like a small child you must refrain from critical thought.
No, to become like a small child, you must stop holding grudges and live in the moment.

Children can also hold grudges and adults can also live in the moment. What can't be disputed is children have a lower level of cognitive development then adults and therefore are less capable of critical thought.
Not unless you were raised to be compliant, which I wasn't, nor did I raise my kids to be. Kids thoughts are exceptionally profound when they aren't programmed to conform to societies expectations of how and what to think.

Also, kids are taught to hold grudges and worry about the future, they don't do so naturally!
annanicole
Posts: 19,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 1:22:54 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/26/2016 12:33:14 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 9/26/2016 12:21:48 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/25/2016 11:56:30 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Matthew 18:3:

And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 18:17:

Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

In these verses Jesus tells his followers that to reach heaven it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought and instead make the assumption that proclaimed miracles and biblical tales are the undisputed truth merely because someone else said they are even if no evidence supporting the occurrence of these alleged events exists.

How do you know that "become like little children" equates to "it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought"?

Because little children are incapable of the same levels of critical thought as adults. They take the word of influential people (teachers, parents etc) in their lives as the truth as they are incapable of assessing the validity of what they are taught for themselves.

This is effectively the message Christianity teaches it's believers:

Because you are incapable of understanding for yourself just take with blind faith the opinions of others as the unquestionable truth. If you have any doubt or questions it must be your own stupidity.

How do you know it doesn't mean "become 3 ft tall and weight 40 lbs?"
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Idealist
Posts: 2,520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 1:25:00 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/26/2016 12:40:14 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 9/26/2016 12:33:14 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 9/26/2016 12:21:48 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/25/2016 11:56:30 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Matthew 18:3:

And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 18:17:

Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

In these verses Jesus tells his followers that to reach heaven it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought and instead make the assumption that proclaimed miracles and biblical tales are the undisputed truth merely because someone else said they are even if no evidence supporting the occurrence of these alleged events exists.

How do you know that "become like little children" equates to "it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought"?

Because little children are incapable of the same levels of critical thought as adults. They take the word of influential people (teachers, parents etc) in their lives as the truth as they are incapable of assessing the validity of what they are taught for themselves.

This is effectively the message Christianity teaches it's believers:

Because you are incapable of understanding for yourself just take with blind faith the opinions of others as the unquestionable truth. If you have any doubt or questions it must be your own stupidity.
I questioned everything when I was a little kid. I didn't, however, hold grudges, or look for reasons to hate anyone, so that is what I think is meant by, "become like little children."

Bravo!
Emmarie
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 1:28:39 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/26/2016 1:25:00 AM, Idealist wrote:
At 9/26/2016 12:40:14 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 9/26/2016 12:33:14 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 9/26/2016 12:21:48 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/25/2016 11:56:30 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Matthew 18:3:

And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 18:17:

Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

In these verses Jesus tells his followers that to reach heaven it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought and instead make the assumption that proclaimed miracles and biblical tales are the undisputed truth merely because someone else said they are even if no evidence supporting the occurrence of these alleged events exists.

How do you know that "become like little children" equates to "it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought"?

Because little children are incapable of the same levels of critical thought as adults. They take the word of influential people (teachers, parents etc) in their lives as the truth as they are incapable of assessing the validity of what they are taught for themselves.

This is effectively the message Christianity teaches it's believers:

Because you are incapable of understanding for yourself just take with blind faith the opinions of others as the unquestionable truth. If you have any doubt or questions it must be your own stupidity.
I questioned everything when I was a little kid. I didn't, however, hold grudges, or look for reasons to hate anyone, so that is what I think is meant by, "become like little children."

Bravo!
Thanks :)
Idealist
Posts: 2,520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 1:32:59 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/26/2016 1:05:58 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 9/26/2016 12:48:38 AM, Idealist wrote:
At 9/25/2016 11:56:30 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Matthew 18:3:

And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 18:17:

Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

In these verses Jesus tells his followers that to reach heaven it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought and instead make the assumption that proclaimed miracles and biblical tales are the undisputed truth merely because someone else said they are even if no evidence supporting the occurrence of these alleged events exists.

I've never been a big fan of quoting the Bible, but I have to say that the first time I heard this one it caused a clutch in my heart. I think the message is that to be like a child is to be special in a way few adults ever can. People look at children and see something super-special. A person with dreams, faith, trust and especially loyalty. Your child loves you even when you mistreat him/her, and while child abuse is totally despicable, a child's ability to bond, forgive and love with a totally open heart is enough to bring tears to one's eyes. Any parent can tell you this. To love as a child loves is to love without reservation, and so the thought of this has always touched me deeply.

Yes children are vulnerable to abuse. The message of the bible is meekly accept abuse like a child without questioning those dishing it out. How Is that in any way a good thing. To me your post glorifies suffering and child abuse which I find disgusting.

Your government (and every other superior organization) has contained members who would gladly bend your own thought in order to dump their own responsibilities on you, yet I so often hear people talk of this as "opportunity." You can be a spiritual person without being a religious robot. When it comes to child abuse, I would dare say that just as high a percentage are abused by atheists as otherwise. It never pays to play the self-righteous role.
Perussi
Posts: 781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 2:22:19 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/26/2016 1:16:13 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 9/26/2016 1:10:32 AM, Perussi wrote:
At 9/26/2016 1:07:31 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 9/26/2016 12:58:08 AM, Perussi wrote:
At 9/25/2016 11:56:30 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Matthew 18:3:

And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 18:17:

Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

In these verses Jesus tells his followers that to reach heaven it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought and instead make the assumption that proclaimed miracles and biblical tales are the undisputed truth merely because someone else said they are even if no evidence supporting the occurrence of these alleged events exists.

Still going strong hmmm?

The bible is full of examples like these. Obviously it doesn't actually mean be like a child.

Well what does it mean then?

It is a simile. You must fully believe and follow.

In other words you must believe in blind faith what those above you say because it's beyond your understanding. Act like a young child and ignore rational thoughts.

Not really, your parents say santa claus exists blah blah blah. You trust your parents and really believe in santa. More like that. But once you believe you inherit blind faith. I have challenged my beliefs and over time have constructed an argument proving his existence but have blind faith that what he has planned shall be done and that is the best for earth.
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-
Emmarie
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 2:38:48 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/26/2016 2:22:19 AM, Perussi wrote:
At 9/26/2016 1:16:13 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 9/26/2016 1:10:32 AM, Perussi wrote:
At 9/26/2016 1:07:31 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 9/26/2016 12:58:08 AM, Perussi wrote:
At 9/25/2016 11:56:30 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Matthew 18:3:

And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 18:17:

Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

In these verses Jesus tells his followers that to reach heaven it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought and instead make the assumption that proclaimed miracles and biblical tales are the undisputed truth merely because someone else said they are even if no evidence supporting the occurrence of these alleged events exists.

Still going strong hmmm?

The bible is full of examples like these. Obviously it doesn't actually mean be like a child.

Well what does it mean then?

It is a simile. You must fully believe and follow.

In other words you must believe in blind faith what those above you say because it's beyond your understanding. Act like a young child and ignore rational thoughts.

Not really, your parents say santa claus exists blah blah blah. You trust your parents and really believe in santa. More like that. But once you believe you inherit blind faith. I have challenged my beliefs and over time have constructed an argument proving his existence but have blind faith that what he has planned shall be done and that is the best for earth.

I questioned the belief in Santa when I was THREE because I recognized my moms handwriting on the boxes. I didn't tell her I didn't believe, because she was so excited to see me open presents, but from the time I could think, I KNEW she was Santa. When I was 5, I told her I didn't believe, because I tested if he was real, when I sat on Santa's lap in a store and made up a toy that didn't exist to see if I'd get it. I was a very bright child. I never got the toy and it confirmed my own thoughts that Santa isn't real. When I told her what I did, she was very sad and accused the kids of the woman who babysat for me of telling me the truth, even though they didn't. My dad told me it was great, that I figured it out myself and told my mom to quit lying to me to get me to re believe in it, or it would mess up my intuition.
Perussi
Posts: 781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 2:52:18 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/26/2016 2:38:48 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 9/26/2016 2:22:19 AM, Perussi wrote:
At 9/26/2016 1:16:13 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 9/26/2016 1:10:32 AM, Perussi wrote:
At 9/26/2016 1:07:31 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 9/26/2016 12:58:08 AM, Perussi wrote:
At 9/25/2016 11:56:30 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Matthew 18:3:

And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 18:17:

Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

In these verses Jesus tells his followers that to reach heaven it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought and instead make the assumption that proclaimed miracles and biblical tales are the undisputed truth merely because someone else said they are even if no evidence supporting the occurrence of these alleged events exists.

Still going strong hmmm?

The bible is full of examples like these. Obviously it doesn't actually mean be like a child.

Well what does it mean then?

It is a simile. You must fully believe and follow.

In other words you must believe in blind faith what those above you say because it's beyond your understanding. Act like a young child and ignore rational thoughts.

Not really, your parents say santa claus exists blah blah blah. You trust your parents and really believe in santa. More like that. But once you believe you inherit blind faith. I have challenged my beliefs and over time have constructed an argument proving his existence but have blind faith that what he has planned shall be done and that is the best for earth.

I questioned the belief in Santa when I was THREE because I recognized my moms handwriting on the boxes. I didn't tell her I didn't believe, because she was so excited to see me open presents, but from the time I could think, I KNEW she was Santa. When I was 5, I told her I didn't believe, because I tested if he was real, when I sat on Santa's lap in a store and made up a toy that didn't exist to see if I'd get it. I was a very bright child. I never got the toy and it confirmed my own thoughts that Santa isn't real. When I told her what I did, she was very sad and accused the kids of the woman who babysat for me of telling me the truth, even though they didn't. My dad told me it was great, that I figured it out myself and told my mom to quit lying to me to get me to re believe in it, or it would mess up my intuition.

WHY ARE YOU SO VILE? That was just an example! I didn't even mention myself in there! Why are you so eager to get in my face?
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-
Emmarie
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 3:11:02 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/26/2016 2:52:18 AM, Perussi wrote:
At 9/26/2016 2:38:48 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 9/26/2016 2:22:19 AM, Perussi wrote:
At 9/26/2016 1:16:13 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 9/26/2016 1:10:32 AM, Perussi wrote:
At 9/26/2016 1:07:31 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 9/26/2016 12:58:08 AM, Perussi wrote:
At 9/25/2016 11:56:30 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Matthew 18:3:

And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 18:17:

Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

In these verses Jesus tells his followers that to reach heaven it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought and instead make the assumption that proclaimed miracles and biblical tales are the undisputed truth merely because someone else said they are even if no evidence supporting the occurrence of these alleged events exists.

Still going strong hmmm?

The bible is full of examples like these. Obviously it doesn't actually mean be like a child.

Well what does it mean then?

It is a simile. You must fully believe and follow.

In other words you must believe in blind faith what those above you say because it's beyond your understanding. Act like a young child and ignore rational thoughts.

Not really, your parents say santa claus exists blah blah blah. You trust your parents and really believe in santa. More like that. But once you believe you inherit blind faith. I have challenged my beliefs and over time have constructed an argument proving his existence but have blind faith that what he has planned shall be done and that is the best for earth.

I questioned the belief in Santa when I was THREE because I recognized my moms handwriting on the boxes. I didn't tell her I didn't believe, because she was so excited to see me open presents, but from the time I could think, I KNEW she was Santa. When I was 5, I told her I didn't believe, because I tested if he was real, when I sat on Santa's lap in a store and made up a toy that didn't exist to see if I'd get it. I was a very bright child. I never got the toy and it confirmed my own thoughts that Santa isn't real. When I told her what I did, she was very sad and accused the kids of the woman who babysat for me of telling me the truth, even though they didn't. My dad told me it was great, that I figured it out myself and told my mom to quit lying to me to get me to re believe in it, or it would mess up my intuition.

WHY ARE YOU SO VILE? That was just an example! I didn't even mention myself in there! Why are you so eager to get in my face?
You calling me vile - is way more vile than anything I've said.
vile
vīl/Submit
adjective
extremely unpleasant.
"he has a vile temper"
synonyms:foul, nasty, unpleasant, bad, disagreeable, horrid, horrible, dreadful, abominable, atrocious, offensive, obnoxious, odious, unsavory, repulsive, disgusting, distasteful, loathsome, hateful, nauseating, sickening; More
morally bad; wicked.
"as vile a rogue as ever lived"
archaic
of little worth or value. https://www.google.com...

I responded cuz you said, "your parents say santa claus exists blah blah blah. You trust your parents and really believe in santa. More like that. But once you believe you inherit blind faith. I have challenged my beliefs and over time have constructed an argument proving his existence but have blind faith that what he has planned shall be done and that is the best for earth."

That wasn't my experience, so I was pointing out that kids who don't have a parent who encourage them to think for themselves, are likely to deny their own thoughts.

I never tried to make my kids believe in Santa. I told them he was a legend that some kids believe in cuz their parents don't want to take credit for buying the presents on Christmas. I told them that I didn't want to lie to them and make them not trust me or mess up their own thoughts.

I'm sorry if your parents lied to you and made you doubt your own intuition. I think believing in Santa causes many kids to become atheists later on because it must really hurt when you believe in Santa until someone tells you he isn't real, rather than figuring it out and having a parent who encourages you for questioning and using your own logic.

BTW - I always believed in God, from the first time I looked at the sun and felt its warmth on my skin, I knew there was a greater power who had made me and I was in awe.
Perussi
Posts: 781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 3:21:18 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/26/2016 3:11:02 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 9/26/2016 2:52:18 AM, Perussi wrote:
At 9/26/2016 2:38:48 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 9/26/2016 2:22:19 AM, Perussi wrote:
At 9/26/2016 1:16:13 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 9/26/2016 1:10:32 AM, Perussi wrote:
At 9/26/2016 1:07:31 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 9/26/2016 12:58:08 AM, Perussi wrote:
At 9/25/2016 11:56:30 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Matthew 18:3:

And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 18:17:

Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

In these verses Jesus tells his followers that to reach heaven it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought and instead make the assumption that proclaimed miracles and biblical tales are the undisputed truth merely because someone else said they are even if no evidence supporting the occurrence of these alleged events exists.

Still going strong hmmm?

The bible is full of examples like these. Obviously it doesn't actually mean be like a child.

Well what does it mean then?

It is a simile. You must fully believe and follow.

In other words you must believe in blind faith what those above you say because it's beyond your understanding. Act like a young child and ignore rational thoughts.

Not really, your parents say santa claus exists blah blah blah. You trust your parents and really believe in santa. More like that. But once you believe you inherit blind faith. I have challenged my beliefs and over time have constructed an argument proving his existence but have blind faith that what he has planned shall be done and that is the best for earth.

I questioned the belief in Santa when I was THREE because I recognized my moms handwriting on the boxes. I didn't tell her I didn't believe, because she was so excited to see me open presents, but from the time I could think, I KNEW she was Santa. When I was 5, I told her I didn't believe, because I tested if he was real, when I sat on Santa's lap in a store and made up a toy that didn't exist to see if I'd get it. I was a very bright child. I never got the toy and it confirmed my own thoughts that Santa isn't real. When I told her what I did, she was very sad and accused the kids of the woman who babysat for me of telling me the truth, even though they didn't. My dad told me it was great, that I figured it out myself and told my mom to quit lying to me to get me to re believe in it, or it would mess up my intuition.

WHY ARE YOU SO VILE? That was just an example! I didn't even mention myself in there! Why are you so eager to get in my face?
You calling me vile - is way more vile than anything I've said.
vile
vīl/Submit
adjective
extremely unpleasant.
"he has a vile temper"
synonyms:foul, nasty, unpleasant, bad, disagreeable, horrid, horrible, dreadful, abominable, atrocious, offensive, obnoxious, odious, unsavory, repulsive, disgusting, distasteful, loathsome, hateful, nauseating, sickening; More
morally bad; wicked.
"as vile a rogue as ever lived"
archaic
of little worth or value. https://www.google.com...


I responded cuz you said, "your parents say santa claus exists blah blah blah. You trust your parents and really believe in santa. More like that. But once you believe you inherit blind faith. I have challenged my beliefs and over time have constructed an argument proving his existence but have blind faith that what he has planned shall be done and that is the best for earth."

That wasn't my experience, so I was pointing out that kids who don't have a parent who encourage them to think for themselves, are likely to deny their own thoughts.

I never tried to make my kids believe in Santa. I told them he was a legend that some kids believe in cuz their parents don't want to take credit for buying the presents on Christmas. I told them that I didn't want to lie to them and make them not trust me or mess up their own thoughts.

I'm sorry if your parents lied to you and made you doubt your own intuition. I think believing in Santa causes many kids to become atheists later on because it must really hurt when you believe in Santa until someone tells you he isn't real, rather than figuring it out and having a parent who encourages you for questioning and using your own logic.

BTW - I always believed in God, from the first time I looked at the sun and felt its warmth on my skin, I knew there was a greater power who had made me and I was in awe.

How you came on was crazy bro. And i don't even remember believing in santa.

Lets shake hands and forget this.
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-
Emmarie
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 3:35:46 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/26/2016 3:21:18 AM, Perussi wrote:
At 9/26/2016 3:11:02 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 9/26/2016 2:52:18 AM, Perussi wrote:
At 9/26/2016 2:38:48 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 9/26/2016 2:22:19 AM, Perussi wrote:
At 9/26/2016 1:16:13 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 9/26/2016 1:10:32 AM, Perussi wrote:
At 9/26/2016 1:07:31 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 9/26/2016 12:58:08 AM, Perussi wrote:
At 9/25/2016 11:56:30 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Matthew 18:3:

And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 18:17:

Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

In these verses Jesus tells his followers that to reach heaven it's neccessary to refrain from critical thought and instead make the assumption that proclaimed miracles and biblical tales are the undisputed truth merely because someone else said they are even if no evidence supporting the occurrence of these alleged events exists.

Still going strong hmmm?

The bible is full of examples like these. Obviously it doesn't actually mean be like a child.

Well what does it mean then?

It is a simile. You must fully believe and follow.

In other words you must believe in blind faith what those above you say because it's beyond your understanding. Act like a young child and ignore rational thoughts.

Not really, your parents say santa claus exists blah blah blah. You trust your parents and really believe in santa. More like that. But once you believe you inherit blind faith. I have challenged my beliefs and over time have constructed an argument proving his existence but have blind faith that what he has planned shall be done and that is the best for earth.

I questioned the belief in Santa when I was THREE because I recognized my moms handwriting on the boxes. I didn't tell her I didn't believe, because she was so excited to see me open presents, but from the time I could think, I KNEW she was Santa. When I was 5, I told her I didn't believe, because I tested if he was real, when I sat on Santa's lap in a store and made up a toy that didn't exist to see if I'd get it. I was a very bright child. I never got the toy and it confirmed my own thoughts that Santa isn't real. When I told her what I did, she was very sad and accused the kids of the woman who babysat for me of telling me the truth, even though they didn't. My dad told me it was great, that I figured it out myself and told my mom to quit lying to me to get me to re believe in it, or it would mess up my intuition.

WHY ARE YOU SO VILE? That was just an example! I didn't even mention myself in there! Why are you so eager to get in my face?
You calling me vile - is way more vile than anything I've said.
vile
vīl/Submit
adjective
extremely unpleasant.
"he has a vile temper"
synonyms:foul, nasty, unpleasant, bad, disagreeable, horrid, horrible, dreadful, abominable, atrocious, offensive, obnoxious, odious, unsavory, repulsive, disgusting, distasteful, loathsome, hateful, nauseating, sickening; More
morally bad; wicked.
"as vile a rogue as ever lived"
archaic
of little worth or value. https://www.google.com...


I responded cuz you said, "your parents say santa claus exists blah blah blah. You trust your parents and really believe in santa. More like that. But once you believe you inherit blind faith. I have challenged my beliefs and over time have constructed an argument proving his existence but have blind faith that what he has planned shall be done and that is the best for earth."

That wasn't my experience, so I was pointing out that kids who don't have a parent who encourage them to think for themselves, are likely to deny their own thoughts.

I never tried to make my kids believe in Santa. I told them he was a legend that some kids believe in cuz their parents don't want to take credit for buying the presents on Christmas. I told them that I didn't want to lie to them and make them not trust me or mess up their own thoughts.

I'm sorry if your parents lied to you and made you doubt your own intuition. I think believing in Santa causes many kids to become atheists later on because it must really hurt when you believe in Santa until someone tells you he isn't real, rather than figuring it out and having a parent who encourages you for questioning and using your own logic.

BTW - I always believed in God, from the first time I looked at the sun and felt its warmth on my skin, I knew there was a greater power who had made me and I was in awe.

How you came on was crazy bro. And i don't even remember believing in santa.

Lets shake hands and forget this.
You assumed most other people believed in him though. I'm glad if you weren't encouraged to believe in something that isn't real by the people who you should trust the most.

The Santa clause thing really bothers me because I was a single mom who lived with my mom and kids after my dad passed, and she and I had many arguments about my decision to not do the whole Santa Clause Christmas thing, but just place the presents under the tree and not say where they came from until they asked and then be truthful.

She was still hurt that I had stopped believing at such a young age, because she derived joy from seeing her nephews and nieces who believed in him whole heartedly and she forbid me from telling them the truth until their parents did. It bothers me that a make believe concept caused such a huge rift in my relationship with my mom who I loved, but didn't agree with and this is why I snapped. I apologize if it seemed I directed it at you.
Stymie13
Posts: 2,162
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 3:53:48 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
Can I think like my cat? He's pretty fvcking awesome an I'm sure he's going to heaven.