Jump to topic:

Helpful Tips For Theists

Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2016 9:11:27 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
The world is not flat and man has landed on the moon.

There is no such thing as the "Bermuda triangle" and the pyramids have no energy, nor do crystals.

Naturopaths, chiropractors, acupuncturists, hypnotists, homeopaths, reiki healers, astrologists, numerologists, aromatherapists and clairvoyants are all con artists. If there is something wrong with you, see a doctor.

Vaccinations are 100% safe.

Dolphins do not smile nor are they particularly intelligent. They are aggressive predators whose males pack-rape the females of their species, sometimes killing them.

There is no such thing as an aura or a soul.

The sky is blue, not red.

There is no such thing as paranormal, psychics or anything spiritual.

Organics and non GM food are absolute scams.

There are no such things as fairies, goblins, God, witches or angels.

Sales and bargains are a con, if it looks too good to be true, it isn't.

I sincerely trust that this information will be of great value to you.
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2016 11:38:46 AM
At 10/1/2016 9:11:27 AM, Willows wrote:

There is no such thing as the "Bermuda triangle" and the pyramids have no energy, nor do crystals.

Don't be silly, all power to Jesus !!!

Naturopaths, chiropractors, acupuncturists, hypnotists, homeopaths, reiki healers, astrologists, numerologists, aromatherapists and clairvoyants are all con artists. If there is something wrong with you, see a doctor.

Of course, bunch of satans minions, luckily at my church we have the healing power of the holy spirit !!!

If by vacs you mean Jesus, then yes.

Dolphins do not smile nor are they particularly intelligent. They are aggressive predators whose males pack-rape the females of their species, sometimes killing them.

He who is without sin................or flipper.

When your soul burns in hell you think otherwise.

Sure.............when it isn't red.

Typical atheist naturalistic presuppositions............

God made the food, and made it good.

Of course not, except my God is real the others are not.

Cat food doesn't taste as bad as you would think.
RoderickSpode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2016 1:22:17 PM

Probably about as valuable as recommending Ted Nugent supporting the NRA.

Very little of that have anything to do with theists. Most of those are simply for the gullible which include many atheists and agnostics.

You may as well have created a thread recommending being nice to your neighbor.

My "helpful" tip would be.....

if you want to address theists, focus on......God. Everything else appears to be vanity.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2016 1:27:16 PM

No fairies or witches?

What about Liberace and Hillary Clinton?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2016 1:38:15 PM

There is no such thing as the "Bermuda triangle"

Yes. There is.

It just as no supernatural significance.

and the pyramids have no energy, nor do crystals.

Meh? Some do work, some don't. It depends on the "practitioner" as to whether or not they actually research something.

I know, I know.

Dolphins do not smile nor are they particularly intelligent.

That is sort of subjective, don't you think? Not the smile part, but the intelligence aspect.

They are aggressive predators whose males pack-rape the females of their species, sometimes killing them.

Well, there is an "aura", but again, it has no significance.

Depends on how indepth the "organic" part goes. I think common sense would dictate that if you have crop dusted orchards with whatever insect and herbicide de jour routinely sprayed on it that it would be better for your tissue in the long run than apples from an orchard that don't do that.

Wait, are you trying to tell me that those various sales at car dealerships are just using social engineering and buzz words to get me to show up? I can't believe it. XD

I know I was being nit-picky on some of the stuff you listed, but in the interest of veracity, it would be wise to consider some things on individual merits rather that lumping them in as one big pile of BS.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2016 1:44:52 PM

Except there is a Bermuda Triangle, and pyramids like crystals and all matter are forms of energy.

You should see a doctor. Tell him you're a confused satanist that hates the world because you're gay.

Except they're not safe. Many people have become seriously injured from vaccinations, or have actually died.

Dolphins are smart. They even have their own language. They can be aggressive when their survival depends on outwitting the white sharks that are in direct competition for the same sources for foods. These sharks are becoming extinct because they're not smart like the dolphins.

But there is. A persons aura changes with mood. The aura can be seen as a color that radiates outwards of the body. If you don't have a soul, then what makes your personality different from everyone else?

The sky isn't blue either. It just appears blue because the molecules scattered about can absorb all color spectrums, except for blue.

There definitely is. I happen to know some real psychics with real powers, powers so strong they frequently blow the transformers used to power the whole block. Look for a transformer that constantly blows, and there you'll often find in close proximity a psychic with real skills.

Organic foods are always best. You'd be a total idiot to think otherwise. I think you're an idiot.

Then why are you a lowly satanist playing with your Kids'R'Us weegee board?

If you want to be that guy paying full price for everything, then be that sucker.

Not really. You literally got every fact wrong. Thanks for trying.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2016 1:59:14 PM
At 10/1/2016 1:44:52 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Except there is a Bermuda Triangle, and pyramids like crystals and all matter are forms of energy.

You should see a doctor. Tell him you're a confused satanist that hates the world because you're gay.

Except they're not safe. Many people have become seriously injured from vaccinations, or have actually died.

Dolphins are smart. They even have their own language. They can be aggressive when their survival depends on outwitting the white sharks that are in direct competition for the same sources for foods. These sharks are becoming extinct because they're not smart like the dolphins.

But there is. A persons aura changes with mood. The aura can be seen as a color that radiates outwards of the body. If you don't have a soul, then what makes your personality different from everyone else?

The sky isn't blue either. It just appears blue because the molecules scattered about can absorb all color spectrums, except for blue.

There definitely is. I happen to know some real psychics with real powers, powers so strong they frequently blow the transformers used to power the whole block. Look for a transformer that constantly blows, and there you'll often find in close proximity a psychic with real skills.

Organic foods are always best. You'd be a total idiot to think otherwise. I think you're an idiot.

If you want to be that guy paying full price for everything, then be that sucker.

Typical delusional scornful response: if the sky is blue, find any bizarre, stupid way of refuting it.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2016 2:01:15 PM
At 10/1/2016 1:22:17 PM, RoderickSpode wrote:

Very little of that have anything to do with theists. Most of those are simply for the gullible which include many atheists and agnostics.

if you want to address theists, focus on......God. Everything else appears to be vanity.

Exactly my point, if theists believe God they will believe anything without verifying it's validity.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2016 2:06:25 PM
At 10/1/2016 1:27:16 PM, annanicole wrote:

No fairies or witches?

What about Liberace and Hillary Clinton?

I didn't know Liberace and Hillary Clinton were an item....what an ugly thought.
Oh, I get it now, one was a fairy and the other is a witch....makes sense.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2016 2:10:18 PM
At 10/1/2016 1:38:15 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

There is no such thing as the "Bermuda triangle"

Yes. There is.

It just as no supernatural significance.

and the pyramids have no energy, nor do crystals.

Meh? Some do work, some don't. It depends on the "practitioner" as to whether or not they actually research something.

I know, I know.

Dolphins do not smile nor are they particularly intelligent.

That is sort of subjective, don't you think? Not the smile part, but the intelligence aspect.

They are aggressive predators whose males pack-rape the females of their species, sometimes killing them.

Well, there is an "aura", but again, it has no significance.

Depends on how indepth the "organic" part goes. I think common sense would dictate that if you have crop dusted orchards with whatever insect and herbicide de jour routinely sprayed on it that it would be better for your tissue in the long run than apples from an orchard that don't do that.

Wait, are you trying to tell me that those various sales at car dealerships are just using social engineering and buzz words to get me to show up? I can't believe it. XD

I know I was being nit-picky on some of the stuff you listed, but in the interest of veracity, it would be wise to consider some things on individual merits rather that lumping them in as one big pile of BS.

Make no mistake, I considered and researched each on their merits and I challenge anyone to claim otherwise.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2016 2:15:58 PM
At 10/1/2016 1:59:14 PM, Willows wrote:
At 10/1/2016 1:44:52 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Typical delusional scornful response: if the sky is blue, find any bizarre, stupid way of refuting it.

I don't know what that means. If the sky were blue, there would be no way to refute it. But the sky is not blue. It just appears blue. It appears blue because of the foreign molecules floating in the air that absorb all the wavelengths other than the color blue. Why don't you just bottle up some of the sky and see if it now looks blue. Maybe it looks only clear. Cool experiment. Get to it.
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2016 2:19:33 PM
Of course, but does the Bible really say that our planet is flat?
Yes there is. It is a, "loosely-defined region in the western part of the North Atlantic Ocean." (Source: Wikipedia)
I bet some of those people can do good, but definitely not astrologists, numerologists, reiki healers, clairvoyants, etc.
Nope, there have been reports of serious side effects.
I already despised dolphins before this, so it doesn't really matter.
There is a soul.
To colorblind folks, it isn't anything.
The Holy Spirit exists.
Nope, there are many health and environmental reasons to purchase organic and non-GMO foods.
God and angels exist. Also, Hillary Clinton does too, which proves the existence of witches. :-)
Agreed, but some sales are worth it. (A penny saved is a penny earned.)
Some of it is, some of it is untrue.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2016 2:21:35 PM
At 10/1/2016 2:15:58 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

I don't know what that means. If the sky were blue, there would be no way to refute it. But the sky is not blue. It just appears blue. It appears blue because of the foreign molecules floating in the air that absorb all the wavelengths other than the color blue. Why don't you just bottle up some of the sky and see if it now looks blue. Maybe it looks only clear. Cool experiment. Get to it.

And God is not non-existent, He just appears to be non-existent....right!
Back to the pre-school playground logic I see.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2016 2:39:20 PM
At 10/1/2016 2:19:33 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
Of course, but does the Bible really say that our planet is flat?
Who said the bible had anything to do with it, or are you "bible infatuated"?
Yes there is. It is a, "loosely-defined region in the western part of the North Atlantic Ocean." (Source: Wikipedia)
And...go on....you seem to have conveniently left out the rest of the article.
I bet some of those people can do good, but definitely not astrologists, numerologists, reiki healers, clairvoyants, etc.
Not one of them can do good, except make a living out of pretending so.
Nope, there have been reports of serious side effects.
And those reports are bogus.
I already despised dolphins before this, so it doesn't really matter.
There is a soul.
No such thing...prove it.
To colorblind folks, it isn't anything.
Usually green or black.
The Holy Spirit exists.
No such thing and there is no evidence to support the existence.
Nope, there are many health and environmental reasons to purchase organic and non-GMO foods.
There is not one reason...do your research.
God and angels exist. Also, Hillary Clinton does too, which proves the existence of witches. :-)
Agreed, but some sales are worth it. (A penny saved is a penny earned.)
A penny saved is a penny not properly spent on the right product.
Some of it is, some of it is untrue.

Hmmmm...you didn't do well in the test. Do some homework, come back later and we'll see what answers you have then.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2016 2:44:42 PM
At 10/1/2016 2:21:35 PM, Willows wrote:

Before you change the subject, can you at least admit that the sky isn't blue? that it only appears blue. Or is this beyond the zenith of capabilities for you to come to terms with a truth? This is an important quality for anyone hoping to further an education to knowing what's right and what's wrong. To stay blinded by one's ego is to always be the smartest person you'll ever know. But that's not knowing much. My education, my real education came the instant a formal request from the soul asked for truth. It was at that moment that I began to learn that almost everything previously learned was false. The initiation that occurred at the moment of request for truth did not actually provide me with truths, rather it incised an ability to neutralize all prejudices that polarize our determinations. It didn't tell me what was right, it only allowed myself to see when it was wrong. The truths were still left for me to discover.
RoderickSpode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2016 2:48:46 PM
At 10/1/2016 2:01:15 PM, Willows wrote:

Exactly my point, if theists believe God they will believe anything without verifying it's validity.
I assume you mean believe in the existence of God. And a theist won't believe anything without verifying it's validity. Your thread is very similar to a thread started earlier claiming the religious are more likely to believe in conspiracy theories, which is actually contradictory as CTs are usually allegations against a government.

Unless you actually think anyone here believes in fairies and witches (as a for instance), refuses to accept medical help, etc., then you're doing the equivalent of accusing PETA of animal abuse.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2016 2:50:44 PM

Precisely, god is vanity.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 9:09:11 AM
At 10/1/2016 2:48:46 PM, RoderickSpode wrote:

I assume you mean believe in the existence of God. And a theist won't believe anything without verifying it's validity. Your thread is very similar to a thread started earlier claiming the religious are more likely to believe in conspiracy theories, which is actually contradictory as CTs are usually allegations against a government.

Unless you actually think anyone here believes in fairies and witches (as a for instance), refuses to accept medical help, etc., then you're doing the equivalent of accusing PETA of animal abuse.
What I think is that people who are religious have a predisposition to believe in what others have concocted as answers for the unexplainable or complicated. Snake oil salesmen and religious institutions have exploited this phenomenon for centuries.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 9:21:55 AM
At 10/1/2016 2:44:42 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Before you change the subject, can you at least admit that the sky isn't blue? that it only appears blue. Or is this beyond the zenith of capabilities for you to come to terms with a truth? This is an important quality for anyone hoping to further an education to knowing what's right and what's wrong. To stay blinded by one's ego is to always be the smartest person you'll ever know. But that's not knowing much. My education, my real education came the instant a formal request from the soul asked for truth. It was at that moment that I began to learn that almost everything previously learned was false. The initiation that occurred at the moment of request for truth did not actually provide me with truths, rather it incised an ability to neutralize all prejudices that polarize our determinations. It didn't tell me what was right, it only allowed myself to see when it was wrong. The truths were still left for me to discover.

Sorry to bring you bad tidings but in fact, the sky is blue.
I have qualifications in chromatology and such a diversion as colour reflection and absorption are about as silly as it gets.
You know exactly what normal, intelligent people are talking about when saying "the sky is blue" and you have just exemplified the reason for my including that phrase.

Theists with a bee in his bonnet will twist and turn anything around in order for it to fit his or her distorted way of seeing things then blurt it out to others.

The sky is blue.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 1:58:57 PM
At 10/2/2016 9:21:55 AM, Willows wrote:
At 10/1/2016 2:44:42 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Sorry to bring you bad tidings but in fact, the sky is blue.
I have qualifications in chromatology and such a diversion as colour reflection and absorption are about as silly as it gets.
You know exactly what normal, intelligent people are talking about when saying "the sky is blue" and you have just exemplified the reason for my including that phrase.

Theists with a bee in his bonnet will twist and turn anything around in order for it to fit his or her distorted way of seeing things then blurt it out to others.

The sky is blue.

I wasn't aware you had qualifications in chromatology. This changes everything. I don't even know what chromatology is. Do you get to play with litmus paper? I need to check the chlorin level in my pool today. If only I had your qualifications.
Dirty.Harry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 2:04:55 PM

This is all very well and good and a great summary of materialistic empiricism but having said all you did is it not a little ironic that today's leading scientific thinkers expect us to believe "everything came from nothing" which is no less absurd than the things you denounced above!
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 2:05:15 PM

There is no such thing as the fairytale of a mythological nothing with supernatural nothing powers that can create something.

A regress of infinite causality is a real thing.

Infinite sets with properties of infinity create the greatest being possible within said "set", by mathematical default.

You are welcome. Now tune in next week for "You are a chimp if you don't believe in the big, bad, magical nothing monster".
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Dirty.Harry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 2:07:14 PM

Ahh the folly of youth!

Tell me how did you verify the validity of the process you use for verification?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 2:23:33 PM
At 10/2/2016 2:05:15 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
There is no such thing as the fairytale of a mythological nothing with supernatural nothing powers that can create something.
Have you read the bible?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 2:34:53 PM
At 10/2/2016 2:23:33 PM, bulproof wrote:
Have you read the bible?

(No. I haven't. What's it say?)

Whooooo...woooooo..Bulproof is scared of the nothing monster and its mythological powers to destroy infinality per a full fledged heat death per supernova which in and of itself is the descendant of said nothing monster. He's under your bed bull! He's under your bed! What are you going to do? Dematerialize and go back per default into the very original nothing that constituted your somethingness defying all logic, common sense, and good old fahioned British philosophy? Hail the redcoats! They will stop the sun from consuming your descendents. They know what to do....I digress. What was the question?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 3:57:09 PM
At 10/2/2016 2:34:53 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 10/2/2016 2:23:33 PM, bulproof wrote:

Have you read the bible?

(No. I haven't. What's it say?)

Lol.
RoderickSpode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 5:35:29 AM
At 10/2/2016 9:09:11 AM, Willows wrote:
At 10/1/2016 2:48:46 PM, RoderickSpode wrote:

What I think is that people who are religious have a predisposition to believe in what others have concocted as answers for the unexplainable or complicated. Snake oil salesmen and religious institutions have exploited this phenomenon for centuries.
Well, of course you have a right to think what you wish. And it's nice that you're honest about declaring your position as something based on your opinion.

What you're doing however is addressing a specific party, which in this case are theists. A theist is someone who believes in god. That's all you really need to focus on. Our belief in God.

the belief in one God as the creator and ruler of the universe, without rejection of revelation (distinguished from deism ).

Or in some cases depending on the religion, gods in the plural

belief in the existence of a god or gods (opposed to atheism )

This speaks nothing of fairies, goblins, strange medical practices, handling snakes, etc. And it doesn't matter that there are some theists who have fallen for religious con-artists. Being conned is not something relegated to theists or religion.

I think there's a strong delusional idea being presented that there's something particularly special about atheism/atheists. And I think this is due partially to the emergence of atheist activist groups, various websites, public figures, debaters, etc. And as a result some are believing that these various high profile atheists, and those who become their followers so to speak represent atheism in some sort of atheist community. The problem is that it's impossible to identify an atheist community or demography because not all atheists are outspoken about their position of belief in terms of God. Atheism is not a white collar, or educated segment of society. The mechanic who fixed your transmission who never went to college, who doesn't know what continent Madagascar is in could be just as atheistic as you are. And atheists get conned as much as anyone else. An atheist doesn't believe in God, but that doesn't mean they won't spend money on a psychic.

All you're doing is taking a stance against the belief in God, and then including irrelevant add-ons like fairies and witches that very few people believe in. in an obvious attempt to make theists appear stupid.

And I recall distinctively that it was you I addressed a challenge to in your decree that God doesn't exist, pointing out that very few including avid atheists make such a claim. You are in an extreme minority.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 5:57:47 AM
At 10/3/2016 5:35:29 AM, RoderickSpode wrote:

What you're doing however is addressing a specific party, which in this case are theists. A theist is someone who believes in god. That's all you really need to focus on. Our belief in God.

I don't need to at all, which was the reason for the topic.
the belief in one God as the creator and ruler of the universe, without rejection of revelation (distinguished from deism ).

This speaks nothing of fairies, goblins, strange medical practices, handling snakes, etc. And it doesn't matter that there are some theists who have fallen for religious con-artists. Being conned is not something relegated to theists or religion.

And I never said that it was although you appear to be drawing that conclusion.

I think there's a strong delusional idea being presented that there's something particularly special about atheism/atheists. And I think this is due partially to the emergence of atheist activist groups, various websites, public figures, debaters, etc. And as a result some are believing that these various high profile atheists, and those who become their followers so to speak represent atheism in some sort of atheist community. The problem is that it's impossible to identify an atheist community or demography because not all atheists are outspoken about their position of belief in terms of God. Atheism is not a white collar, or educated segment of society. The mechanic who fixed your transmission who never went to college, who doesn't know what continent Madagascar is in could be just as atheistic as you are. And atheists get conned as much as anyone else. An atheist doesn't believe in God, but that doesn't mean they won't spend money on a psychic.

All you're doing is taking a stance against the belief in God, and then including irrelevant add-ons like fairies and witches that very few people believe in. in an obvious attempt to make theists appear stupid.

And I recall distinctively that it was you I addressed a challenge to in your decree that God doesn't exist, pointing out that very few including avid atheists make such a claim. You are in an extreme minority.

There is one item I should have included in the list:

"Don't believe in conspiracy theories".
RoderickSpode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 6:25:21 AM
At 10/3/2016 5:57:47 AM, Willows wrote:

How about this for an alternative.

Thread Title: Helpful Tip For Theists

Opening post:

There is no such thing as God.

What more do you really need in addressing theists?

I'm not sure why you mention that, but I did bring that up in my first post here referring to a different thread. And my position is that CTs as we generally know them, or the more common CTs are generally not embraced by theists. Most of them are contrary to theistic or Christian beliefs in that CTs often have an anti-government theme. Any particular reason for bringing CTs up?
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 6:34:13 AM
At 10/3/2016 6:25:21 AM, RoderickSpode wrote:
At 10/3/2016 5:57:47 AM, Willows wrote:

How about this for an alternative.

Thread Title: Helpful Tip For Theists

Opening post:

There is no such thing as God.

What more do you really need in addressing theists?

I'm not sure why you mention that, but I did bring that up in my first post here referring to a different thread. And my position is that CTs as we generally know them, or the more common CTs are generally not embraced by theists. Most of them are contrary to theistic or Christian beliefs in that CTs often have an anti-government theme. Any particular reason for bringing CTs up?

Have a good read of what you posted above and unless you can justify or prove what you said about atheist activist groups, it is nothing more than a concocted,malicious conspiracy theory.