Death doesn't Exist.

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2016 4:34:11 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
This is the mantra of the godbotherers.
Godbotherers are so afraid of death that they have convinced themselves that death doesn't exist.
Just ask a godbotherer about death and s/he will explain how it doesn't exist.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2016 10:00:28 PM
At 10/1/2016 4:34:11 PM, bulproof wrote:
Godbotherers are so afraid of death that they have convinced themselves that death doesn't exist.

Not a "godbotherer", but..
Prove that death does objectively exist.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2016 11:12:54 PM
The first law of energy conservation says energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transferred. The human consciousness is energy. If this energy cannot be destroyed, rather transferred, then where does it go?
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2016 11:25:20 PM
At 10/1/2016 11:12:54 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
The first law of energy conservation says energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transferred. The human consciousness is energy. If this energy cannot be destroyed, rather transferred, then where does it go?

Fires are energy, and so fires last forever, right?
Oh, wait, no, the energy from the fire is transferred to becoming other things...

But consciousness, that is energy and thus forever, right? There is no way that consciousness could be like fire and just end with the energy going elsewhere, right?
#WarOnDDO
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2016 11:44:59 PM
At 10/1/2016 11:25:20 PM, SNP1 wrote:

Oh, wait, no, the energy from the fire is transferred to becoming other things...

But consciousness, that is energy and thus forever, right? There is no way that consciousness could be like fire and just end with the energy going elsewhere, right?

A fire does not have an intelligence. A fire cannot think for itself. I can think. I can think of a way to separate my consciousness from my body. I bet when my body dies, I'll think of a way to carry on. Moving on, did you know that the reason why we dream every night is because energy can never stand still. It's true. Have you ever met a person who can enter another person's dreams? It's true.
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2016 11:51:40 PM
At 10/1/2016 11:44:59 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

A fire does not have an intelligence. A fire cannot think for itself. I can think.

So what? A fire is still energy.

I can think of a way to separate my consciousness from my body.

Really now? Have you done it? If so, then where is your $1 million from the JREF?

I bet when my body dies, I'll think of a way to carry on. Moving on, did you know that the reason why we dream every night is because energy can never stand still.

Hahahahaha...

Oh, you are serious? Ya, you should actual study the real science behind dreams.

It's true. Have you ever met a person who can enter another person's dreams? It's true.

No one can enter other people's dreams. If you are claiming it is possible, do it and win $1million from the JREF
#WarOnDDO
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 12:02:04 AM
At 10/1/2016 11:51:40 PM, SNP1 wrote:

A fire does not have an intelligence. A fire cannot think for itself. I can think.

Really now? Have you done it? If so, then where is your $1 million from the JREF?

I bet when my body dies, I'll think of a way to carry on. Moving on, did you know that the reason why we dream every night is because energy can never stand still.

Hahahahaha...

Oh, you are serious? Ya, you should actual study the real science behind dreams.

It's true. Have you ever met a person who can enter another person's dreams? It's true.

No one can enter other people's dreams. If you are claiming it is possible, do it and win $1million from the JREF

Sure they can. They do it all the time. We battle each other in the astral all the time. There are some societies that are so secretive, that this is sorta where they hold group meetings. Sort of. If you can't begin to grasp this, then you'll never going to believe me when I say some people can walk through walls. To become literally invisible and still be able to touch the physical is a cool trick.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 3:48:13 AM
The first law of energy conservation says energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transferred. The human consciousness is energy.

Rubbish. The physical brain uses energy but consciousness is an emergent phenomenon arising out of the operation of the brain. Consciousness is not energy.

If this energy cannot be destroyed, rather transferred, then where does it go?

Um, any energy in the brain transfers as heat to the surrounding environment when the brain (and body) dies. Hence the cold body of a corpse. D'oh.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 3:49:44 AM
At 10/1/2016 10:00:28 PM, SNP1 wrote:

Einstein is no longer alive. Therefore he must be dead by definition.
ANON_TacTiX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 9:10:10 AM

The human consciousness is a complex thing made of neurons and chemicals in the brain. The brain and the chemicals in it can decay, transferring any energy into their surroundings. The consciousness itself is not energy. It is not some mystical thing separate from the brain. It is simply a ton of fairly simple structures coming together to create something complex. Much like a computer program made of ones and zeroes, but much more complicated.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Albert Einstein
ANON_TacTiX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 9:14:30 AM

The brain controls everything from bodily functions to complex thought and emotion. When the brain is destroyed or damaged so that it cannot function, bodily function, thought, emotion, the entire consciousness ceases to exist. Human consciousness cannot exist without a brain, and it cannot be transferred without transferring or replicating the brain, which (at this point) is impossible. After the brain dies, that's it. You're gone. Poof.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Albert Einstein
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 10:05:08 AM

I think it is more the fact that "godbotherers" are extremely self-centered and refuse to believe that their egotistical "soul" will be no more.

Then, of course, there is the guilt trip thang where followers and gullible conscripts are threatened with eternal hell after death if they don't drop to their knees and kiss their invisible master's a**e every day.

I just feel very sorry for aged people who have had a good life. Their last days are spent in sickening worry as to whether they will make it to the holy land or not.
It sickens me that the arrogant, self-serving, deceitful merchants who put such ideas in these people's minds probably sleep at night.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 11:24:30 AM
At 10/2/2016 9:14:30 AM, ANON_TacTiX wrote:

The brain controls everything from bodily functions to complex thought and emotion. When the brain is destroyed or damaged so that it cannot function, bodily function, thought, emotion, the entire consciousness ceases to exist. Human consciousness cannot exist without a brain, and it cannot be transferred without transferring or replicating the brain, which (at this point) is impossible. After the brain dies, that's it. You're gone. Poof.

He knows all that. He's going to trot out one of the theories on time and then tell us that Einstein is still alive somewhere, sometime so no-one really dies. It is nonsense of course.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 1:08:21 PM
At 10/2/2016 12:02:04 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Hahahahaha...

Sure they can. They do it all the time. We battle each other in the astral all the time. There are some societies that are so secretive, that this is sorta where they hold group meetings. Sort of. If you can't begin to grasp this, then you'll never going to believe me when I say some people can walk through walls. To become literally invisible and still be able to touch the physical is a cool trick.
The slayman is the only godbotherer with th cojones to enter the thread and he confirms the OP.
Thanks for that.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 1:29:41 PM
At 10/2/2016 3:48:13 AM, dee-em wrote:
The first law of energy conservation says energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transferred. The human consciousness is energy.

Rubbish. The physical brain uses energy but consciousness is an emergent phenomenon arising out of the operation of the brain. Consciousness is not energy.

All thought are energy.

Um, any energy in the brain transfers as heat to the surrounding environment when the brain (and body) dies. Hence the cold body of a corpse. D'oh.

Yikes. You didn't put much of a thought into this.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 1:47:27 PM
At 10/2/2016 9:10:10 AM, ANON_TacTiX wrote:

The human consciousness is a complex thing made of neurons and chemicals in the brain. The brain and the chemicals in it can decay, transferring any energy into their surroundings. The consciousness itself is not energy. It is not some mystical thing separate from the brain. It is simply a ton of fairly simple structures coming together to create something complex. Much like a computer program made of ones and zeroes, but much more complicated.

Everything in the universe is energy. Thoughts are energy. A persons thoughts can easily manifest changes to the physical. Silly guy. You're being silly.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 2:06:56 PM
At 10/2/2016 1:08:21 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/2/2016 12:02:04 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Hahahahaha...

The slayman is the only godbotherer with th cojones to enter the thread and he confirms the OP.
Thanks for that.

This sounds like another attempt to insult me. Tell me about your satanic beliefs.
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 4:59:18 PM

Does a ruler cease to exist after the 12th inch? No, you just went beyond its edge, but the ruler still exists.
So, does life ever truly end or do you just go beyond its edge?
Death is the end of life, when life ceases to exist.
This requires for life to have an end, not just an edge.
Is this objectively the case?
#WarOnDDO
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 5:12:20 PM

And if it doesn't? Shall you scream to the void of nothingness or perhaps Richard Dawkins? Maybe they can tell you what to do.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 9:52:50 PM
At 10/2/2016 1:29:41 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 10/2/2016 3:48:13 AM, dee-em wrote:

All thought are energy.

No they are not. The underlying hardware (the brain) requires energy but thoughts are the product of the workings of that biological hardware. This is analogous to a computer system. The physical hardware requires electricity but the program which the computer executes is not energy, it is only the code or instructions for the computer to follow.

If thoughts were energy then they would be detectable and mind-reading at a distance would be possible. It is not. Some thought identification is possible but only by imaging the brain and monitoring blood flow, ie. scanning the biological hardware.

Yikes. You didn't put much of a thought into this.

More than you did, obviously.
Looncall
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 10:41:35 PM

Meaningless tripe. "Consciousness is energy"? Is this supposed to mean something? Not even wrong!
The metaphysicist has no laboratory.
ANON_TacTiX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 2:40:40 AM
At 10/2/2016 4:59:18 PM, SNP1 wrote:

Does a ruler cease to exist after the 12th inch? No, you just went beyond its edge, but the ruler still exists.
Life/consciousness are not things that you simply move along, like a ruler. Also, as you move forward in time, your past does not simply remain behind you like the previous eleven inches on a ruler. When the brain is destroyed or damaged so that it cannot function, you die. You are gone. Memories, emotions, thoughts, gone. You cease to exist.

And you know what? I wouldn't want it any other way. I don't want to worry about what will happen to me after death. I don't want to live my life fearing what could happen to me when my time is up. I find more comfort knowing that I would just cease to exist.

And you may ask: Then what's the point in life? How can your life have any purpose if you simply poof out of existence? I make purpose in my life. I find things that are worth living and striving for. I want to make the world a better place. I want to live life to the fullest and die peacefully with few regrets (nobody has zero regrets, let's be honest here). I want to have a family and raise kind, intelligent children. I want to make a difference. That is my purpose.
ANON_TacTiX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 2:47:52 AM
At 10/2/2016 1:47:27 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 10/2/2016 9:10:10 AM, ANON_TacTiX wrote:

Everything in the universe is energy. Thoughts are energy. A persons thoughts can easily manifest changes to the physical. Silly guy. You're being silly.

Thoughts are electrical signals sent from neuron to neuron. They are not mystical, and they cannot exist without a brain. After the brain is gone, they are gone.
ANON_TacTiX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 2:50:08 AM
At 10/2/2016 11:24:30 AM, dee-em wrote:

He knows all that. He's going to trot out one of the theories on time and then tell us that Einstein is still alive somewhere, sometime so no-one really dies. It is nonsense of course.

I don't think Einstein is still alive, and I believe that everyone dies and ceases to exist. I don't know if you were talking about me or the other person, but I thought I should clarify, just in case.
difference
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 6:34:47 AM

How could you know that consciousness ends with brain destruction? If consciousness ends when the brain dies, then the consciousness needed to know that the brain died wouldn't be there when the brain died.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 6:41:59 AM
At 10/2/2016 5:12:20 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

And if it doesn't? Shall you scream to the void of nothingness or perhaps Richard Dawkins? Maybe they can tell you what to do.
Hire someone to proof read your posts and just maybe you won't look as stupid as you do.
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 7:17:43 AM
At 10/3/2016 2:40:40 AM, ANON_TacTiX wrote:
At 10/2/2016 4:59:18 PM, SNP1 wrote:

Life/consciousness are not things that you simply move along, like a ruler. Also, as you move forward in time, your past does not simply remain behind you like the previous eleven inches on a ruler.

Really now?
So, you can refute eternalism?
You can prove that tensed facts objectively exist?
Good luck showing how.

When the brain is destroyed or damaged so that it cannot function, you die. You are gone. Memories, emotions, thoughts, gone. You cease to exist.

And you know what? I wouldn't want it any other way. I don't want to worry about what will happen to me after death. I don't want to live my life fearing what could happen to me when my time is up. I find more comfort knowing that I would just cease to exist.

And you may ask: Then what's the point in life? How can your life have any purpose if you simply poof out of existence? I make purpose in my life. I find things that are worth living and striving for. I want to make the world a better place. I want to live life to the fullest and die peacefully with few regrets (nobody has zero regrets, let's be honest here). I want to have a family and raise kind, intelligent children. I want to make a difference. That is my purpose.
#WarOnDDO
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 8:24:14 AM
At 10/3/2016 2:50:08 AM, ANON_TacTiX wrote:
At 10/2/2016 11:24:30 AM, dee-em wrote:

I don't think Einstein is still alive, and I believe that everyone dies and ceases to exist. I don't know if you were talking about me or the other person, but I thought I should clarify, just in case.

I was referring to SNP1. If he doesn't believe in death, I would like him to describe what happened to Einstein on 18th April 1955 without using the word death or some synonym for it.
Looncall
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 10:16:41 AM
At 10/3/2016 7:56:03 AM, freekundli wrote:
Only body die. The soul exist without body.

Evidence, please.

Please keep in mind that the soul/afterlife guff is a scam that keeps pews and collection plates full.
The metaphysicist has no laboratory.