Jump to topic:

The problem of divine inaction

illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2016 4:35:46 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
To help you heathen bastards know the ways of the lord, I thought it would be helpful to guide you to helpful memes.

Todays question, why does God allow child rape ?

https://memegenerator.net...
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2016 4:56:51 PM
At 10/1/2016 4:35:46 PM, illegalcombat wrote:
To help you heathen bastards know the ways of the lord, I thought it would be helpful to guide you to helpful memes.

Because HE will not violate "Free will".

Except for that thing with Moses and the Pharaoh. Ignore that, plz. Thnkz.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2016 5:12:54 PM

So are rapists forced to rape, or do they have free will?
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2016 7:11:12 PM
At 10/1/2016 5:12:54 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:

It would be merciful if your "infinitely merciful" God were to smite rapists with a holy impotence.
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 1:06:36 AM

Even granting the existence of free will............

Does perfect God allow child rape cause it values the free will to rape a child over the value of the child not to be raped ?

Or

A human made religious bullsh*t story ?
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 5:29:08 AM

You forget that God has to exist before you can accuse him of being immoral, but you don't accept his existence so your argument only becomes a revolt against something you don't even believe in.

Weird
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 5:41:13 AM
At 10/2/2016 5:29:08 AM, johnlubba wrote:

You forget that God has to exist before you can accuse him of being immoral, but you don't accept his existence so your argument only becomes a revolt against something you don't even believe in.

Weird

You seem to be so blind that you went to the evangelicals 101 bullsh*t defence for the faith.

The meme is about the excuses people come up with when challenged on there various faith/God construct.

No claims about God, or Gods morality or lack of needed.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 6:01:31 AM
At 10/2/2016 5:41:13 AM, illegalcombat wrote:

Weird

You seem to be so blind that you went to the evangelicals 101 bullsh*t defence for the faith.

The meme is about the excuses people come up with when challenged on there various faith/God construct.

When it comes to the point you open a post making claims about the ways of the lord and then deny the post is anything about God, it's time to bail.
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 6:13:58 AM
At 10/2/2016 6:01:31 AM, johnlubba wrote:

Weird

When it comes to the point you open a post making claims about the ways of the lord and then deny the post is anything about God, it's time to bail.

I mean you read what I said right ? first you tried some, oh you think have to believe in God to accuse God of immorality or some sh*t.......................then I correct you, I go out of my f*cking way to explain to you, even though on the f*Cking meme the first word is "excuses" that you have wrongly assumed various presuppositions that one must have in regard to the meme.

Then you come back with, oh hey I got you, you claim its not about God but it is about God, me so smart, me so autistic, hahahahah I got you now.

Either your unbelievably stupid or you know damm well what this is about, but to try and score a cheap point used deceptive conduct, well that just makes you a slimy piece of sh*t now doesn't it ?

Or your offended ? well i'am offended when peoples conduct is of a slimy piece of sh*t.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 6:15:47 AM
At 10/2/2016 6:13:58 AM, illegalcombat wrote:

Weird

I mean you read what I said right ? first you tried some, oh you think have to believe in God to accuse God of immorality or some sh*t.......................then I correct you, I go out of my f*cking way to explain to you, even though on the f*Cking meme the first word is "excuses" that you have wrongly assumed various presuppositions that one must have in regard to the meme.

Then you come back with, oh hey I got you, you claim its not about God but it is about God, me so smart, me so autistic, hahahahah I got you now.

Either your unbelievably stupid or you know damm well what this is about, but to try and score a cheap point used deceptive conduct, well that just makes you a slimy piece of sh*t now doesn't it ?

Or your offended ? well i'am offended when peoples conduct is of a slimy piece of sh*t.

You're
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 6:22:54 AM
At 10/2/2016 6:15:47 AM, johnlubba wrote:

Weird

You're

Did you know that if you fix a spelling or grammar mistake, even though you have being a slimy f*ck, that cancels the previous act of being a slimy f*ck ?

It's the rules of the internet, true story.

Speaking of stories let me tell you a story it involves..........

A perfect God

A child rapist

And Gods preference for allowing child rape out of concern for the free will of said child rapist.

Coming to an apologetic class near you.

You a................You're welcome.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 6:25:17 AM
At 10/2/2016 6:22:54 AM, illegalcombat wrote:

Weird

You're

Did you know that if you fix a spelling or grammar mistake, even though you have being a slimy f*ck, that cancels the previous act of being a slimy f*ck ?

A perfect God

A child rapist

And Gods preference for allowing child rape out of concern for the free will of said child rapist.

There They're Their.
Go get your toy's you just chucked out of your pram.
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 6:30:33 AM
At 10/2/2016 6:25:17 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 10/2/2016 6:22:54 AM, illegalcombat wrote:

Weird

You're

A perfect God

A child rapist

There They're Their.
Go get your toy's you just chucked out of your pram.

Really ? after all that, really ?
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 1:24:03 PM
At 10/2/2016 1:06:36 AM, illegalcombat wrote:

Does perfect God allow child rape cause it values the free will to rape a child over the value of the child not to be raped ?

Free will is required for loving actions to exist. Free will doesn't exist if we're forced to only do good. Those who are victimized by those who abuse their free will will be compensated by God either in this life, or the life to come.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 1:26:27 PM
At 10/1/2016 7:11:12 PM, Fly wrote:

It would be merciful if your "infinitely merciful" God were to smite rapists with a holy impotence.

Rapists will be dealt with either in this life or the next. Justice will be served.
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 1:41:55 PM
At 10/2/2016 1:24:03 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:

Free will is required for loving actions to exist. Free will doesn't exist if we're forced to only do good. Those who are victimized by those who abuse their free will will be compensated by God either in this life, or the life to come.

The child never consented to such a system, they get born, get raped, no free will there, that is to say no choice for them. I find the believers just doesn't really think that bit through it's all about, God, free will, and it all works out in the end cause of the whole reward/punishment thing.

Now going back to your story about the God, free will, the reward and punishments of child abuser and their victims.............

Truth ?

Or

Human made religious bullsh*t story ?
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 2:49:22 PM

The bigger question is why do we assume that God should intervene at all? We are the ones that rape our children, and we are the ones that have the power to choose not to. So why are we insisting that God do for us what we will not be bothered to do for ourselves?
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 2:55:39 PM
At 10/2/2016 2:49:22 PM, PureX wrote:

The bigger question is why do we assume that God should intervene at all? We are the ones that rape our children, and we are the ones that have the power to choose not to. So why are we insisting that God do for us what we will not be bothered to do for ourselves?

Well that's some Grade A bullsh*t. Plenty of people have the will to not allow child rape, human capabilities only go so far.

So when you talk about we can't be bothered.....................WHAT THE F*CK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ?
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 3:23:45 PM

Thank you pureX!

I have asked this idiot why he expects God to intervine and he has no coherent answer. I ask them all, if God has a responsibility to intervine, do we have any duties to Him? Again, they can't answer.

What the morons want is a God who will run to save them whenever they feel threatened, but otherwise should shut up and stay out of their business. God is either their personal genie or an evil uncaring tyrant.

Little immature brats throwing temper tantrums because God won't be at their beck and call. Come IC. Curse me. John is too decent a guy for an idiot like you. I'm your level. Pour your ignorance on me.

Dumb clucks who don't even know the doctrine they want to debate. Every one is as guilty as a child rapist in the light of God's holiness. God should stop YOU too, not just the rapist.

But you sit on your high donkey and pretend you're morally different from the rapist, all the while weeping crocodile tears about imagined raped kids, as real kids die all around you. Here, have another slice of pizza you militant hypocrite.

Your personality type indicates you may be supseptable to suicide, so i should go easy on you, but sorry, I cannot sit by and watch you be a dingleberry to people just because you hurt.

Everybody has pain. Everyone has been wronged. Stop cutting yourself, put those pills down, and grow up. Or do it already and save us the constant efeminate whining.
Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 3:52:17 PM
At 10/2/2016 1:26:27 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:

Rapists will be dealt with either in this life or the next. Justice will be served.

After the permanent damage has been done. That is cold comfort to rape victims and, even more so-- future rape victims. In that sense, your God's justice is no more profound or efficacious than frail, flawed, and limited human justice.
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 4:00:41 PM
At 10/2/2016 2:55:39 PM, illegalcombat wrote:

Well that's some Grade A bullsh*t. Plenty of people have the will to not allow child rape, human capabilities only go so far.

So your response is that because you cannot control your fellow humans' behaviors, God should do it for you. But the much more obvious realization is that your fellow humans should be controlling their own behavior. And when they fail to do so, their fellow humans should step in to help them do so. Why? Because human beings should hold themselves responsible for their own misbehavior. Both individually and collectively. And because we will learn nothing if we don't have to face our own failures.

That's the only way we human beings can change, and improve.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 4:30:31 PM
At 10/2/2016 1:41:55 PM, illegalcombat wrote:

The child never consented to such a system, they get born, get raped, no free will there, that is to say no choice for them

What is your point? Are you denying the existence of free will? You originally accepted its existence... Are you flip flopping now? Since when does the existence of free will mean everyone gets everything you want? Your argument appears to be some kind of red herring.

. I find the believers just doesn't really think that bit through it's all about, God, free will, and it all works out in the end cause of the whole reward/punishment thing.

Well, obviously you're mistaken.

Now going back to your story about the God, free will, the reward and punishments of child abuser and their victims.............

Truth ?

Or

Human made religious bullsh*t story ?

Truth.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 4:32:54 PM
At 10/2/2016 3:52:17 PM, Fly wrote:

After the permanent damage has been done. That is cold comfort to rape victims and, even more so-- future rape victims

I don't see how.

. In that sense, your God's justice is no more profound or efficacious than frail, flawed, and limited human justice.

Why would you say that? Humans cannot provide justice in the next life.
distraff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 5:16:03 PM

Christians are raised to believe as a unquestionable fact in Christianity and to them God is real and they know what happens if they disobey. They live their lives according to the bible to varying degrees of success.

Why is it that God hardly ever shows himself to his own children? He then requires faith to believe and if you rationally don't believe because of a perceived lack of evidence you get punished in hell forever without any chance at freedom.

It would be like if a parent had children but never directly communicated with them so there wasn't any direct evidence for the parent's existence and only rumors. If the child make even minor mistakes after a certain deadline the child was locked in a closet for the rest of her life. The only way out is to believe in the existence of that certain parent by name rather than rumors of other parents and if the child lacked belief for rational reasons or believed in another parent, then she got the punishment.

Why is faith and punishing people for not having it a good thing? Why doesn't God just show himself to his children so the question of his existence is completely resolved and this whole life can be about our ability to obey his laws just like with many Christians who have been raised to know for a fact God exists. God is like the father who was never around so of course many of his children went astray.
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 3:06:20 AM

Weird

What secularists mean is that according to their subjective morality, they find acts like rape and genocide repugnant under all circumstances.
Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 5:12:20 AM
At 10/2/2016 4:32:54 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:

After the permanent damage has been done. That is cold comfort to rape victims and, even more so-- future rape victims

I don't see how.

. In that sense, your God's justice is no more profound or efficacious than frail, flawed, and limited human justice.

Because your God's judgment in the alleged afterlife is merely reactive, not preventative.

So, the person who tortured your family to death will go to jail (and allegedly Hell). Is that justice supposed to be as merciful to you and your family as the crime never happening in the first place?
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 9:00:38 AM
At 10/3/2016 5:12:20 AM, Fly wrote:
At 10/2/2016 4:32:54 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:

I don't see how.

Because your God's judgment in the alleged afterlife is merely reactive, not preventative.

Preventative would require the removal of free will, which would be a bad thing.

So, the person who tortured your family to death will go to jail (and allegedly Hell). Is that justice supposed to be as merciful to you and your family as the crime never happening in the first place?

See above. The gift of free will is a good thing. Removing it would not be loving.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 9:47:09 AM
At 10/2/2016 3:23:45 PM, ethang5 wrote:

Thank you pureX!

I have asked this idiot why he expects God to intervine and he has no coherent answer. I ask them all, if God has a responsibility to intervine, do we have any duties to Him? Again, they can't answer.

What the morons want is a God who will run to save them whenever they feel threatened, but otherwise should shut up and stay out of their business. God is either their personal genie or an evil uncaring tyrant.

Little immature brats throwing temper tantrums because God won't be at their beck and call. Come IC. Curse me. John is too decent a guy for an idiot like you. I'm your level. Pour your ignorance on me.

Dumb clucks who don't even know the doctrine they want to debate. Every one is as guilty as a child rapist in the light of God's holiness. God should stop YOU too, not just the rapist.

But you sit on your high donkey and pretend you're morally different from the rapist, all the while weeping crocodile tears about imagined raped kids, as real kids die all around you. Here, have another slice of pizza you militant hypocrite.

Your personality type indicates you may be supseptable to suicide, so i should go easy on you, but sorry, I cannot sit by and watch you be a dingleberry to people just because you hurt.

Everybody has pain. Everyone has been wronged. Stop cutting yourself, put those pills down, and grow up. Or do it already and save us the constant efeminate whining.
I give you Thang.......................the princess of projection. Huzzah.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 10:14:42 AM

Not if the rapist repents. Stiff sh1t kiddie.
Oh and thanks god.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 10:27:37 AM

So what will be missing from heaven, free will or loving actions? Those who are turned into monsters as a result of their abuse will be rewarded how?