Jump to topic:

when/where does our victory start?

lightseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2016 7:29:50 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
well, there are a lot of people in the world, who think they've succeeded in life and are victorious.

there are also a lot of people who think they've failed their life, simply because they compare themselves with other people, or think that for being victorious, they should reach a certain something.

so, I have this question from you: where does our victory start/begin? and what is the criteria that defines a person as victorious or as a failure in life? I mean to really know ourselves as victorious, what requirements should be fulfilled first

this could be posted in other forums, but since it can also have a religious aspect, I decided to post it here.
thanks
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 4:53:33 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/5/2016 7:29:50 PM, lightseeker wrote:
well, there are a lot of people in the world, who think they've succeeded in life and are victorious.

there are also a lot of people who think they've failed their life, simply because they compare themselves with other people, or think that for being victorious, they should reach a certain something.

so, I have this question from you: where does our victory start/begin? and what is the criteria that defines a person as victorious or as a failure in life? I mean to really know ourselves as victorious, what requirements should be fulfilled first

this could be posted in other forums, but since it can also have a religious aspect, I decided to post it here.
thanks

That's simple.
Have grandkids who love you.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 11:37:34 AM
At 10/6/2016 4:53:33 AM, bulproof wrote:

thanks

That's simple.

+1
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 8:20:03 PM
When you can see those in Heaven and those in Hell, and feel the remorse of those yet to see their guilt, it is through the strength in this divine compassion that loves no boundaries, becomes then a sign of success that has no enemies. To be a peace with duality, within the odds to yourself and others, is a lifelong accomplishment few have ever achieved.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 8:35:57 PM

thanks

To never forget your childlike wonder and playful heart.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
lightseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 8:55:41 PM

thanks

That's simple.

oh, I didn't realize you were that old.

but let me ask you this:

so, those people who can't have children, or didn't get to the age that they can have children, are considered failures by your definition right?
so, a martyr who sacrifices himself to defend justice, is a failure according to you, correct?
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 8:58:55 PM

thanks

It depends on the person. "Victory" as you call it, is totally subjective.
lightseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 9:00:02 PM
At 10/6/2016 8:20:03 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
When you can see those in Heaven and those in Hell, and feel the remorse of those yet to see their guilt, it is through the strength in this divine compassion that loves no boundaries, becomes then a sign of success that has no enemies. To be a peace with duality, within the odds to yourself and others, is a lifelong accomplishment few have ever achieved.

so, first you have to believe in heaven and hell, and then be dead to be able to see those people? otherwise you're simply assuming that some people are heavenly and some are hellish, correct?

where does this divine compassion emanate from? and who is it aimed at?

what is duality?
lightseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 9:06:10 PM
At 10/6/2016 8:35:57 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

thanks

so you say all victorious people were the ones who'd never forgotten their childlike wonder and playful heart?

what is our childlike wonder ?
and can the heart of a God-wary person be defined as playful? or the heart of a mother who dies at childbirth?
lightseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 9:08:00 PM
At 10/6/2016 8:58:55 PM, janesix wrote:

thanks

but all who think of themselves as victorious, are attributing that "victory" to their self correct? so you have to at least know who you truly are to be able to call yourself victorious, right?
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 9:13:22 PM
At 10/6/2016 9:08:00 PM, lightseeker wrote:

thanks

but all who think of themselves as victorious, are attributing that "victory" to their self correct? so you have to at least know who you truly are to be able to call yourself victorious, right?

Not necessarily. I personally attribute my "victory" (having a family that loves me) to god, as he gave me my family.

But maybe you are referring to victory as some sort of self-accomplishment. Are you? If so, then I would have a completely different answer.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 9:23:01 PM

thanks

Jane is right, unless you can define exactly what it is your talking about, the OP is rather is subjective and somewhat meaningless.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 9:34:48 PM

thanks

the most important thing is to define yourself and your goals,... the world wants you to compare yourself to other, everyone of us is unique, you could kill yourself trying to be the best at something, having more or newer something but it is all pointless...

live, love, harm no one and just do your best, even if you think no one is watching you...
lightseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 9:37:59 PM
At 10/6/2016 9:13:22 PM, janesix wrote:

thanks

Not necessarily. I personally attribute my "victory" (having a family that loves me) to god, as he gave me my family.

But maybe you are referring to victory as some sort of self-accomplishment. Are you? If so, then I would have a completely different answer.

so, you're saying you're victorious in life, because you have a loving family that God gave you? so what's your role in all this? what have you done to be able to call yourself victorious? so a good person in a bad family who hates her, is a failure?
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 9:39:45 PM
At 10/6/2016 9:37:59 PM, lightseeker wrote:

thanks

so, you're saying you're victorious in life, because you have a loving family that God gave you? so what's your role in all this? what have you done to be able to call yourself victorious? so a good person in a bad family who hates her, is a failure?

Did you actually even read my response? I don't think you did.
lightseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 9:41:56 PM
At 10/6/2016 9:23:01 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

thanks

Jane is right, unless you can define exactly what it is your talking about, the OP is rather is subjective and somewhat meaningless.

it's a little ambiguous, I agree. but the subject of victory/failure is something that we attribute to ourselves. so, at least we should know our true self otherwise we can't really call ourselves victorious for a certain incident.

for example, a drunkard who find half a bottle of wine in a trash can, might think that he's victorious, but those who see him probably won't have the same feeling.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 9:45:01 PM
At 10/6/2016 9:41:56 PM, lightseeker wrote:
At 10/6/2016 9:23:01 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

thanks

it's a little ambiguous, I agree. but the subject of victory/failure is something that we attribute to ourselves.

Never heard of that before, you'll need to define what you're talking about.

so, at least we should know our true self otherwise we can't really call ourselves victorious for a certain incident.

for example, a drunkard who find half a bottle of wine in a trash can, might think that he's victorious, but those who see him probably won't have the same feeling.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
lightseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 9:45:02 PM
At 10/6/2016 9:34:48 PM, graceofgod wrote:

thanks

the most important thing is to define yourself and your goals,... the world wants you to compare yourself to other, everyone of us is unique, you could kill yourself trying to be the best at something, having more or newer something but it is all pointless...

live, love, harm no one and just do your best, even if you think no one is watching you...

so these are what defines humans as victorious? but a lot of animals are already doing these, and way better than we can ever hope to do.

so you're saying our ultimate goal is be to become like animals?

but we are humans, what are the goals of humans in life?
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 9:45:04 PM

thanks

Christians can take it from the Pope the leader of over a billion Christians. The pope advises Christians to lower their expectations and accept they are failures because they follow Jesus who was also a failure, a failure of the cross. He explains why they feel AT TIMES Their EFFORTS AND WORKS SEEM TO FAIL AND NOT PRODUCE FRUIT. It is at such times they should remember who they are following. They ARE FOLLOWERS OF JESUS CHRIST AND HIS LIFE, HUMANLY SPEAKING, which ENDED IN FAILURE, THE FAILURE OF THE CROSS.

The Pope said:""THE CROSS SHOWS US A DIFFERENT WAY OF MEASURING SUCCESS. OURS IS TO PLANT THE SEEDS. GOD SEES TO THE FRUITS OF OUR LABORS. AND IF AT TIMES OUR EFFORTS AND WORKS SEEM TO FAIL AND NOT PRODUCE FRUIT, WE NEED TO REMEMBER THAT WE ARE FOLLOWERS OF JESUS CHRIST AND HIS LIFE, HUMANLY SPEAKING, ENDED IN FAILURE, THE FAILURE OF THE CROSS."
lightseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 9:47:19 PM
At 10/6/2016 9:39:45 PM, janesix wrote:

thanks

you mean this one: "I personally attribute my "victory" (having a family that loves me) to god, as he gave me my family."
I think I asked a logical question. what was the point you think I missed?
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 9:49:01 PM
At 10/6/2016 9:47:19 PM, lightseeker wrote:
At 10/6/2016 9:39:45 PM, janesix wrote:

thanks

you mean this one: "I personally attribute my "victory" (having a family that loves me) to god, as he gave me my family."
I think I asked a logical question. what was the point you think I missed?

The point you missed was when I said that if you are talking about self-accomplishment, I would have a completely different answer.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 9:59:21 PM
At 10/6/2016 9:45:02 PM, lightseeker wrote:
At 10/6/2016 9:34:48 PM, graceofgod wrote:

thanks

so these are what defines humans as victorious? but a lot of animals are already doing these, and way better than we can ever hope to do.

so you're saying our ultimate goal is be to become like animals?

but we are humans, what are the goals of humans in life?

are we better than animals?? I see some in this world with human rights that never live or behave like a human being...

we set our own goals in life, if your goal was to leave school, meet a woman, marry her and have kids and you managed that, you are victorious, the key is to set your own goals, not compare yourself, the world wants you to be drawn in to the game of comparing, a game you can never win...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 10:47:19 PM
At 10/6/2016 9:06:10 PM, lightseeker wrote:
At 10/6/2016 8:35:57 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

thanks

so you say all victorious people were the ones who'd never forgotten their childlike wonder and playful heart?

what is our childlike wonder ?
and can the heart of a God-wary person be defined as playful? or the heart of a mother who dies at childbirth?

That might be one person's version of victory. The next might be to overcome being some kind of victim or a trauma. Mine was learning to move on after my town was attacked as a young adult, being forced from my home, taking asylum in the Netherlands, then about the time I got somewhat adjusted to a situation where I didn't understand the language or the culture, I was sent to a permanent asylum in the United States, and looked out all alone in a nation foreign to me where I didn't speak English. I learned English, got a job, saved money, created a business partnership, retired, and here I am.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 11:00:04 PM
At 10/6/2016 9:00:02 PM, lightseeker wrote:
At 10/6/2016 8:20:03 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

so, first you have to believe in heaven and hell, and then be dead to be able to see those people? otherwise you're simply assuming that some people are heavenly and some are hellish, correct?

where does this divine compassion emanate from? and who is it aimed at?

what is duality?

Good questions. All I have are bad answers. I get a lot of bad answers, offering easy work for easy money, if you don't mind living the rest of your life in the cellar. It's a dreary place to live down in the dampness of the hollows. Yeah, I'm thinking I'll pass. It seems you can only walk both sides the line of what's good and what's bad for a bit of time, until the time comes to make a choice. So I'm thinking now, and I'm thinking a crappy job making crappy money never sounded so good until just now.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 1:40:40 AM
At 10/6/2016 8:55:41 PM, lightseeker wrote:

thanks

That's simple.

oh, I didn't realize you were that old.

but let me ask you this:

so, those people who can't have children, or didn't get to the age that they can have children, are considered failures by your definition right?
so, a martyr who sacrifices himself to defend justice, is a failure according to you, correct?
I gave my answer to your question you can continue fabricating answers on my behalf and that would prove beyond doubt that being religious means being a liar, well in your case anyway.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin