Jump to topic:

Jesus is God

missmedic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2016 11:56:46 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
God of the old testament and god of the new testament are one and the same god, according to my Christian friends. So why did god change so much from the old to the new? Maybe having a son calmed him down, or perhaps he took an anger management course, either way god stop his divine assassinations in the NT.
It has never been explained by any Christian authority except in the feeblest terms of "metaphor" and "a Christ of faith."

The Bible is 66 individual books written on two (or possibly three) continents, in three different languages, over a period of approximately 1500 years by more than 40 authors, this may explain the contradictions between the two.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 12:12:23 AM
At 10/5/2016 11:56:46 PM, missmedic wrote:
God of the old testament and god of the new testament are one and the same god, according to my Christian friends. So why did god change so much from the old to the new? Maybe having a son calmed him down, or perhaps he took an anger management course, either way god stop his divine assassinations in the NT.
It has never been explained by any Christian authority except in the feeblest terms of "metaphor" and "a Christ of faith."

The Bible is 66 individual books written on two (or possibly three) continents, in three different languages, over a period of approximately 1500 years by more than 40 authors, this may explain the contradictions between the two.

Not really. The OT god is exactly parallel to the NT god. Read Revelation(New Testament) and tell us God is a little fairy pansy who doesn't know how to submit his enemies to his will. Read the OT proverbs, psalms etc and tell us God does not love deeply and show mercy deeply.

And finally, read Isaiah 9:6 and come back with a report for us.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 12:15:46 AM

I want a report on Revelation 19:12 (New Testament) too while you're at it.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 12:50:02 AM

Missmedic. Do you honestly not know what the process of raising your children entails? Seriously? This observation is like claiming that your own father is different because he didn't allow you to run into the street when traffic was coming when you were 5 but he allowed you to run across the driveway. See that's two different Gods or dads by your reasoning. Just because God was raising humanity in a way during a specific "length of time" then moved on to a seemingly another approach doesn't equate to two Gods.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 12:58:25 AM
At 10/6/2016 12:50:02 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:

Missmedic. Do you honestly not know what the process of raising your children entails? Seriously? This observation is like claiming that your own father is different because he didn't allow you to run into the street when traffic was coming when you were 5 but he allowed you to run across the driveway. See that's two different Gods or dads by your reasoning. Just because God was raising humanity in a way during a specific "length of time" then moved on to a seemingly another approach doesn't equate to two Gods.

I have excellent parenting skills, the minute my daughter ate an apple, I banished her from the house, cursed her and every child born thereafter and labeled her evil forever more. Now, that's a loving father.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
missmedic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 6:38:56 AM

So god change, somehow from a tyrant to more understanding god.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 10:10:23 AM
At 10/6/2016 12:12:23 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

Not really. The OT god is exactly parallel to the NT god. Read Revelation(New Testament) and tell us God is a little fairy pansy who doesn't know how to submit his enemies to his will. Read the OT proverbs, psalms etc and tell us God does not love deeply and show mercy deeply.

Your god is a pussie who has never subjected anyone to anything but he's got you and your lot sh1t frightened. It's so very FUNNY.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 10:12:03 AM

In OT God has no son so called Jesus.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 10:12:07 AM
At 10/6/2016 12:58:25 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

I have excellent parenting skills, the minute my daughter ate an apple, I banished her from the house, cursed her and every child born thereafter and labeled her evil forever more. Now, that's a loving father.
+10 hahahahaha.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 10:23:45 AM

So you're saying humans were evolving and your unchanging god had to make allowances?
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 10:24:42 AM
At 10/6/2016 10:12:03 AM, uncung wrote:

Explain Isaiah 9:6, not to me, I can clearly understand it. Explain it to yourself. Then pause, relax, quit living in Muhammed's lie, and? Accept it. Muhammed lied, is still lying, and knows nothing but lies. Any questions?

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 10:27:06 AM
For to us a child is born,
""""to us a son is given,
""""and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
""""Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
""""Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9:6

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 10:29:54 AM
At 10/6/2016 10:12:07 AM, bulproof wrote:

+10 hahahahaha.

But you forgot that you forgave her and that not all people are your children to take care ofbut belong to your neighbor down the street.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 10:32:19 AM

Post 14

uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 10:43:01 AM
At 10/6/2016 10:24:42 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

Explain Isaiah 9:6, not to me, I can clearly understand it. Explain it to yourself. Then pause, relax, quit living in Muhammed's lie, and? Accept it. Muhammed lied, is still lying, and knows nothing but lies. Any questions?

that verse doesn't mention Jesus.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 10:52:11 AM
At 10/6/2016 10:43:01 AM, uncung wrote:

Sure it does.

1) The OT told the time the messiah would come. That's when Jesus came.

2)It kills the Muslim claim that "It befitteth not the majesty of Allah that he should have a son".

Any questions?

uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 11:50:43 AM
At 10/6/2016 10:52:11 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 10/6/2016 10:43:01 AM, uncung wrote:

Sure it does.

1) The OT told the time the messiah would come. That's when Jesus came.

2)It kills the Muslim claim that "It befitteth not the majesty of Allah that he should have a son".

Any questions?
that verse doesn't mention the messiah.
rnjs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 12:45:02 PM

The Bible is 66 individual books written on two (or possibly three) continents, in three different languages, over a period of approximately 1500 years by more than 40 authors, this may explain the contradictions between the two

There are no contradictions in scripture. The God of the OT is the same as the God of the NT, He is a loving and just God in both.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 1:24:55 PM
At 10/6/2016 10:27:06 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
For to us a child is born,
""""to us a son is given,
""""and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
""""Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
""""Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9:6

None of those verses apply to Jesus.

Jesus was an illegitimate Jewish bastard born out of wedlock. When Joseph told Jesus he was an illegitimate child, Jesus sought the destruction of the traditional family.

Matthew 10:35 For I have come to turn "'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.

Jesus never held a job, he ever married and died a pauper. Even his grave was donated.

Jesus was not a wonderful Counsellor. He was despised and held in low esteem.

Isaiah 53:3 He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

Jesus was not a Prince of Peace.

Matthew 10:34 "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Read your scriptures.
keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 1:54:20 PM
Perhaps the first important name in this controversy is Marion of Sinope (1st century AD), who concluded the god of the OT and the god of the NT were entirely different gods - there are two gods, not one.

To quote wikipedia: "According to Marcion, the god of the Old Testament, whom he called the Demiurge, the creator of the material universe, is a jealous tribal deity of the Jews, whose law represents legalistic reciprocal justice and who punishes mankind for its sins through suffering and death. Contrastingly, the god that Jesus professed is an altogether different being, a universal god of compassion and love who looks upon humanity with benevolence and mercy. Marcion also produced his Antitheses contrasting the Demiurge of the Old Testament with the Heavenly Father of the New Testament."

Marcionite Christianity died out in the 5th century, but the basic idea of rejecting the OT as non-Christian has been around a long time!
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 2:29:00 PM
At 10/6/2016 12:45:02 PM, rnjs wrote:

The Bible is 66 individual books written on two (or possibly three) continents, in three different languages, over a period of approximately 1500 years by more than 40 authors, this may explain the contradictions between the two

There are no contradictions in scripture. The God of the OT is the same as the God of the NT, He is a loving and just God in both.

Matthew 5:38-39 admits a contradiction between the OT and NT.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
alonnah1919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 7:11:44 PM

12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 7:51:29 PM
God of the old testament and god of the new testament are one and the same god, according to my Christian friends. So why did god change so much from the old to the new?

I don"t see that to be true that God has changed. Righteousness is what matters also in OT as in NT.
missmedic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 1:35:12 AM
At 10/6/2016 7:51:29 PM, 12_13 wrote:
God of the old testament and god of the new testament are one and the same god, according to my Christian friends. So why did god change so much from the old to the new?

I don"t see that to be true that God has changed. Righteousness is what matters also in OT as in NT.

The way I read the bible, I see god's personality, behaviour and his intentions change from the OT to the NT. One god deals wrath with brutality and finality, while the other deals forgiveness, love and understanding, as long as you believe. God of the Old Testament is utterly unlike the God believed in by most practicing Christians.
They are two different gods or the one god changed.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 2:41:50 PM
Posted: 1 month ago

All of you come on with the smug certainty that you are right. If you are so right, why do you have to use silly dishonesty?

If I were doing a post about capital punishment and called the state execution of a mass murderer an assassination, would I not be assuming my claim true before debate? If your claim is true, shouldn't you be able to show it through logical argument instead of assuming it through smug declaration?

Do you call capital punishment, "state assassinations"? Why not?

I think you know you have no case. That is why you have to simply assume your claim. You cannot debate it. People are killed all the time. Some are assassinations and some are not. What makes the difference? Can you say?

No. Instead, you'll pander to limp-brained atheists and take bows at their clapping. You've done nothing but flap your gums. But logic-challenged people think you're the bomb. You got that. Was it as satisfying as a good argument based on clear logic?

If you even make such an argument, compare and let us know.