Jump to topic:

The "I'm Not religious" Thread

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 10:38:30 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
This is a thread for "not religious" people to tell religious people just how "not religious" they are and explain why they are obsessed with religion while not being religious...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 12:07:34 PM
At 10/6/2016 10:38:30 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
This is a thread for "not religious" people to tell religious people just how "not religious" they are and explain why they are obsessed with religion while not being religious...

Its interesting that the dyed-in-the-wool democrat turned republican former atheist now religious advocate, non-American whom is damned interested in US politics makes this thread.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 12:28:46 PM

This is a thread for "not politicians" to talk politics like a politician. And to explain why they are obsessed with talking politics when they are not a politician and only have 1 vote. 1 lousy vote.
Wanker.
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 12:37:23 PM

There are many reasons, I guess you would claim qualifies as obsessed with religion.

Reason number 1. The b*tt fuckery that moral values & well being of our fellow humans can be trumped with the God/faith/religion/bible/quran card.

Reason number 2. It's FUN !!! you never know what they are going to say next.

Say have you heard the one about how we are as guilty as a child rapist in the sight of the holiness of God ? Seriously where else are you going to hear sh*t like that ?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 1:43:19 PM

The non-religious here are more interested in the harm religions cause to societies, it makes good people do bad things while the rest of us are forced to deal with it.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 2:56:55 PM
At 10/6/2016 12:07:34 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Its interesting that the dyed-in-the-wool democrat turned republican former atheist now religious advocate, non-American whom is damned interested in US politics makes this thread.

Interesting. When I had no faith, I don't remember any desire to dty hump the Religion forum, jump in one and take a several year long visit, pronounce my "lack of belief",
and scream "I'm not religious! I am not religious!". It never happened. Never happened. Any questions?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 3:03:09 PM
At 10/6/2016 1:43:19 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

The non-religious here are more interested in the harm religions cause to societies, it makes good people do bad things while the rest of us are forced to deal with it.

So what caused Stalin's rampage of death...his lack of belief. You're right. It is interesting. Who doesn't want to stand and watch the destruction that atheist totalitarians cause, leaving a trail of psychological destruction in their path.

So...I talk to atheists, as I am looking for what they are offering. Instead they offer nothing and flood the depression medication lines looking for an answer while claiming there is no answer. Thus? I am watching you as MY amusement, not because I have some great faith or am even particularly religious, but because whiney, snively, self centered atheists are like 50 car pile up on the highway, a train derailed, a tower that has plummeted to the ground in a cloud of smoke. Any questions?

Lynx_N
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 3:08:22 PM
At 10/6/2016 2:56:55 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

When I had no faith,

Any questions?

Are you a born again Christian?
Bronto?
Congrats.

poet
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 3:11:00 PM
At 10/6/2016 3:03:09 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

So what caused Stalin's rampage of death...his lack of belief. You're right. It is interesting. Who doesn't want to stand and watch the destruction that atheist totalitarians cause, leaving a trail of psychological destruction in their path.

That would be Communism, a system without freedoms of any kind, not just the freedom to practice a religion, which only secularism offers. Many of you believers misrepresent atheism for Communism, another reason why religions cause harm to societies, it makes people intellectually and morally bankrupt and dishonest, which you have now offered as evidence.

So...I talk to atheists, as I am looking for what they are offering. Instead they offer nothing and flood the depression medication lines looking for an answer while claiming there is no answer. Thus? I am watching you as MY amusement, not because I have some great faith or am even particularly religious, but because whiney, snively, self centered atheists are like 50 car pile up on the highway, a train derailed, a tower that has plummeted to the ground in a cloud of smoke. Any questions?

Yes, could you please keep talking as you do little more than make my point valid? Thanks.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 3:16:41 PM

So what caused Stalin's rampage of death...his lack of belief.

Prove it. If it was his "lack of belief", there would be no need to prop up the church as a symbol of national pride during WWII. Which he did. Hm.

You're right. It is interesting. Who doesn't want to stand and watch the destruction that atheist totalitarians cause, leaving a trail of psychological destruction in their path.

So...I talk to atheists, as I am looking for what they are offering. Instead they offer nothing...

what exactly are you looking for? What should they be offering?

and flood the depression medication lines looking for an answer while claiming there is no answer. Thus? I am watching you as MY amusement, not because I have some great faith or am even particularly religious, but because whiney, snively, self centered atheists are like 50 car pile up on the highway, a train derailed, a tower that has plummeted to the ground in a cloud of smoke.

Any questions?

Yes. You also do the same thing with "Islam" as well, with the same brand of disdain, and last I checked "Islam" is also a theistic view point. Why is "theism" then not given the same mark, and instead your wrath on just one branch of religion? Could that be too, construed as bias?

When you say whiney, self centered, and snively, what evidence beyond your own bias do you have to back that up? Lets start with "self centered".
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 3:17:44 PM

Prove it.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 4:14:09 PM

religious:
1.relating to or believing in a religion

I don't believe in any religion, therefore, I am not religious.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 4:17:06 PM
At 10/6/2016 4:14:09 PM, janesix wrote:

religious:

So...your primary focus in life is a being you do not believe exists. That's sad Jane.

janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 4:18:37 PM
At 10/6/2016 4:17:06 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

religious:

So...your primary focus in life is a being you do not believe exists. That's sad Jane.

I believe God exists. I just haven't found it in any religion so far.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 4:29:25 PM
At 10/6/2016 4:18:37 PM, janesix wrote:

religious:

I see. So what is he/she/them/it up to nowadays?

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 4:31:08 PM
At 10/6/2016 3:17:44 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Prove it.

Prove religion caused your claims. Maybe they were nuts and their religion wasn't stronger than their crazy side.

janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 4:31:28 PM
At 10/6/2016 4:29:25 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

religious:

I don't know. I haven't had an experience with God for about four years.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 4:33:34 PM
At 10/6/2016 4:31:28 PM, janesix wrote:

religious:

Did the being in question the one that Barack Obama had an encounter with?

janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 4:36:15 PM
At 10/6/2016 4:33:34 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 10/6/2016 4:31:28 PM, janesix wrote:

religious:

Did the being in question the one that Barack Obama had an encounter with?

I don't know what you're talking about.

God showed me all of my faults. Even ones I didn't know I had.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 4:36:40 PM
At 10/6/2016 4:31:08 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 10/6/2016 3:17:44 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Prove it.

Prove religion caused your claims.

The reason for the Salem Witch Trials, the reason for the Inquisition, hordes of Muslims saying God wills it before blowing themselves to bits.

Your turn.
Lynx_N
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 4:37:13 PM
At 10/6/2016 3:08:22 PM, Lynx_N wrote:

When I had no faith,

Any questions?

Bump.

Well?
Bronto?
Congrats.

poet
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 7:33:33 PM
At 10/6/2016 12:37:23 PM, illegalcombat wrote:

There are many reasons, I guess you would claim qualifies as obsessed with religion.

Reason number 1. The b*tt fuckery that moral values & well being of our fellow humans can be trumped with the God/faith/religion/bible/quran card.

Reason number 2. It's FUN !!! you never know what they are going to say next.

Say have you heard the one about how we are as guilty as a child rapist in the sight of the holiness of God ? Seriously where else are you going to hear sh*t like that ?

If you find it fun on the religious forum, you must be a regular Church goer. Hooked on cheap entertainment, huh!!
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 11:39:26 PM
At 10/6/2016 4:37:13 PM, Lynx_N wrote:

When I had no faith,

Any questions?

Bump.

Well?

I'm a squid. Anything else?

janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 11:51:34 PM
At 10/6/2016 11:39:26 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 10/6/2016 4:37:13 PM, Lynx_N wrote:

When I had no faith,

Any questions?

Bump.

Well?

I'm a squid. Anything else?

I knew there was something fishy about you.
Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 12:42:58 AM

You yourself have offered up Ayaan Hirsi Ali as an authority on one of the Abrahamic faiths on this forum-- via YouTube, of course. She is decidedly "not religious" yet is "obsessed with religion." In fact, her life is under threat from a segment of the religious because of this obsession.

After citing her arguments and words yourself, is she simultaneously a total mystery to you?
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 1:09:10 AM
At 10/7/2016 12:42:58 AM, Fly wrote:

You yourself have offered up Ayaan Hirsi Ali as an authority on one of the Abrahamic faiths on this forum-- via YouTube, of course. She is decidedly "not religious" yet is "obsessed with religion." In fact, her life is under threat from a segment of the religious because of this obsession.

After citing her arguments and words yourself, is she simultaneously a total mystery to you?

Which religion? They aren't all the same?

Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 1:25:37 AM
At 10/7/2016 1:09:10 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

If you play dumb a little too well, you might give people the wrong impression.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 1:49:51 AM
At 10/7/2016 1:25:37 AM, Fly wrote:

Then stop. Don't make that fortune cookie be in vain.

Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 1:56:58 AM
At 10/7/2016 1:49:51 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 10/7/2016 1:25:37 AM, Fly wrote:

Then stop. Don't make that fortune cookie be in vain.

"When bronto farts in church, he sits in his own pew."