Jump to topic:

Scientology

bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2011 6:07:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
um, how is this recognized as a real (tax exempt) religion in the US?

Saw the recent Wikileaks release of their secret Church documents and this made me mad all over again.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
HatedeatH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2011 6:15:08 PM
In some countries it's not even recognized as a real religion. Everywhere else should catch on.
vardas0antras: If Muhammad is great then why didn't he stop 911 ?
gavin.ogden: He was too busy starting it.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2011 7:12:35 PM
Tax...the....churches....

Tax the businesses run by the churches
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2011 7:40:51 PM
Didn't I make a thread on Scientology . . . ?
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2011 8:56:38 PM
At 1/15/2011 7:40:51 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

This one will be better - because I made it.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2011 8:59:31 PM
At 1/15/2011 8:56:38 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 1/15/2011 7:40:51 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

This one will be better - because I made it.

Good point . . . TAKE DOWN HUBBARD ! ! !
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 1:44:19 PM
At 1/15/2011 6:07:51 PM, bluesteel wrote:
um, how is this recognized as a real (tax exempt) religion in the US?

Saw the recent Wikileaks release of their secret Church documents and this made me mad all over again.:

Scientology is nothing more than a criminal enterprise and a cult. Sounds like most other religions, therefore they get tax exempt status.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 1:46:32 PM
Ths is now a topic about how religions shouldn't have tax exempt status in the U.S.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 1:54:24 PM
How does the Church of Scientology get away with paying people way less than minimum wage.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 1:59:10 PM
Tax busineses, exempt charities.

Church 1: We sell Jesus Cake.
Government: I'll a slice of that bitches.
Church 1: Oh noes!!!!111

Church 2: People give us money so that we can give sweets to blind leper orphan kids with AIDS.
Government: Wait, do the sweets have AIDS or the kids?
Church 2: The kids.
Government: Well I guess thats a legal charity, I'll let you off this time you little scamp!
Church 2: Yay!

It is a simple system.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.