Total Posts:51|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

God not so perfect, create-destroy-create-etc

Face-of-the-deep
Posts: 64
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 10:53:46 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
In the Old Testament, God seems to be on a slow learning curve. He creates Adam and Eve, they screw up and eat from a knowledge tree. All throughout the O.T. Adams incestuous offspring screw up repeatedly, and God had to destroy them and try again. So much for the Perfect Being theory.
So, nobody needs to feel too badly about screwing up after all, Our father in Heaven has been a Royal Screw Up from day one.
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 2:46:40 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/11/2016 10:53:46 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
In the Old Testament, God seems to be on a slow learning curve. He creates Adam and Eve, they screw up and eat from a knowledge tree. All throughout the O.T. Adams incestuous offspring screw up repeatedly, and God had to destroy them and try again. So much for the Perfect Being theory.
So, nobody needs to feel too badly about screwing up after all, Our father in Heaven has been a Royal Screw Up from day one.

Not only that...he is an incompetent communicator. Nobody can agree as to what the words actually mean in the book he wrote. I am a much superior writer than the "god"(s) that wrote the bible. I've written company Standard Operating Procedure manuals and there was never any confusion about what I wrote.
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,861
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 4:23:15 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/12/2016 2:46:40 AM, matt8800 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 10:53:46 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
In the Old Testament, God seems to be on a slow learning curve. He creates Adam and Eve, they screw up and eat from a knowledge tree. All throughout the O.T. Adams incestuous offspring screw up repeatedly, and God had to destroy them and try again. So much for the Perfect Being theory.
So, nobody needs to feel too badly about screwing up after all, Our father in Heaven has been a Royal Screw Up from day one.

Not only that...he is an incompetent communicator
Prove the purpose is universal understanding, oh yeah you can't steeeeerike
. Nobody can agree as to what the words actually mean in the book he wrote. I am a much superior writer than the "god"(s) that wrote the bible. I've written company Standard Operating Procedure manuals and there was never any confusion about what I wrote.
Well you're definitely logically inept but putting that aside, what makes you think your comparison is a proper one? Oh yeah, you're logically inept...steeeerike...nvm
bulproof
Posts: 25,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 5:38:49 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/12/2016 4:23:15 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 10/12/2016 2:46:40 AM, matt8800 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 10:53:46 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
In the Old Testament, God seems to be on a slow learning curve. He creates Adam and Eve, they screw up and eat from a knowledge tree. All throughout the O.T. Adams incestuous offspring screw up repeatedly, and God had to destroy them and try again. So much for the Perfect Being theory.
So, nobody needs to feel too badly about screwing up after all, Our father in Heaven has been a Royal Screw Up from day one.

Not only that...he is an incompetent communicator
Prove the purpose is universal understanding, oh yeah you can't steeeeerike
. Nobody can agree as to what the words actually mean in the book he wrote. I am a much superior writer than the "god"(s) that wrote the bible. I've written company Standard Operating Procedure manuals and there was never any confusion about what I wrote.
Well you're definitely logically inept but putting that aside, what makes you think your comparison is a proper one? Oh yeah, you're logically inept...steeeerike...nvm
Hey skips it's patently obvious that you couldn't come up with an argument, so why did you post?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Willows
Posts: 2,027
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 9:01:24 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/12/2016 5:38:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/12/2016 4:23:15 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 10/12/2016 2:46:40 AM, matt8800 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 10:53:46 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
In the Old Testament, God seems to be on a slow learning curve. He creates Adam and Eve, they screw up and eat from a knowledge tree. All throughout the O.T. Adams incestuous offspring screw up repeatedly, and God had to destroy them and try again. So much for the Perfect Being theory.
So, nobody needs to feel too badly about screwing up after all, Our father in Heaven has been a Royal Screw Up from day one.

Not only that...he is an incompetent communicator
Prove the purpose is universal understanding, oh yeah you can't steeeeerike
. Nobody can agree as to what the words actually mean in the book he wrote. I am a much superior writer than the "god"(s) that wrote the bible. I've written company Standard Operating Procedure manuals and there was never any confusion about what I wrote.
Well you're definitely logically inept but putting that aside, what makes you think your comparison is a proper one? Oh yeah, you're logically inept...steeeerike...nvm
Hey skips it's patently obvious that you couldn't come up with an argument, so why did you post?

Because Skip's a weirdo, that's why.
Willows
Posts: 2,027
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 9:07:27 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/11/2016 10:53:46 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
In the Old Testament, God seems to be on a slow learning curve. He creates Adam and Eve, they screw up and eat from a knowledge tree. All throughout the O.T. Adams incestuous offspring screw up repeatedly, and God had to destroy them and try again. So much for the Perfect Being theory.
So, nobody needs to feel too badly about screwing up after all, Our father in Heaven has been a Royal Screw Up from day one.

Screwing up, like having severe anger management and jealousy issues, randomly killing people and taking revenge on entire races then wrecking havoc over the entire planet.

Only God would do that.......

............and ISIS.
graceofgod
Posts: 5,020
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 10:39:40 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/11/2016 10:53:46 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
In the Old Testament, God seems to be on a slow learning curve. He creates Adam and Eve, they screw up and eat from a knowledge tree. All throughout the O.T. Adams incestuous offspring screw up repeatedly, and God had to destroy them and try again. So much for the Perfect Being theory.
So, nobody needs to feel too badly about screwing up after all, Our father in Heaven has been a Royal Screw Up from day one.

Once you place free will, the results become more interesting...
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,861
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 11:50:09 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/12/2016 5:38:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/12/2016 4:23:15 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 10/12/2016 2:46:40 AM, matt8800 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 10:53:46 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
In the Old Testament, God seems to be on a slow learning curve. He creates Adam and Eve, they screw up and eat from a knowledge tree. All throughout the O.T. Adams incestuous offspring screw up repeatedly, and God had to destroy them and try again. So much for the Perfect Being theory.
So, nobody needs to feel too badly about screwing up after all, Our father in Heaven has been a Royal Screw Up from day one.

Not only that...he is an incompetent communicator
Prove the purpose is universal understanding, oh yeah you can't steeeeerike
. Nobody can agree as to what the words actually mean in the book he wrote. I am a much superior writer than the "god"(s) that wrote the bible. I've written company Standard Operating Procedure manuals and there was never any confusion about what I wrote.
Well you're definitely logically inept but putting that aside, what makes you think your comparison is a proper one? Oh yeah, you're logically inept...steeeerike...nvm
Hey skips it's patently obvious that you couldn't come up with an argument, so why did you post?
To see if you're still gay and on my or after my butt.
I'll take your typical idiotic bullllpppoooooppp, ummm bulllllsssshshhhiiittt as you being to inept to prove purpose. After all you didn't address the illogical assertion that "people not interpreting the word of God universally" can be concluded logically to mean God is a failed communicator. Once again bullmoron for this to be a logical conclusion, which forever seems to elude mental midgets such as yourself, the purpose of communication by God must be proven....I.e. for an idiot like you that means its purpose was suppose to be universally understood. So , prove it mental midget or stop making homosexual passes at me in secret you pathetic faggggggg.
Anything else dummy? Btw, Why did God ...etc.....isn't an argument, although we both know that's the only thing you can muster.
bulproof
Posts: 25,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2016 2:31:25 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/12/2016 11:50:09 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 10/12/2016 5:38:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/12/2016 4:23:15 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 10/12/2016 2:46:40 AM, matt8800 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 10:53:46 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
In the Old Testament, God seems to be on a slow learning curve. He creates Adam and Eve, they screw up and eat from a knowledge tree. All throughout the O.T. Adams incestuous offspring screw up repeatedly, and God had to destroy them and try again. So much for the Perfect Being theory.
So, nobody needs to feel too badly about screwing up after all, Our father in Heaven has been a Royal Screw Up from day one.

Not only that...he is an incompetent communicator
Prove the purpose is universal understanding, oh yeah you can't steeeeerike
. Nobody can agree as to what the words actually mean in the book he wrote. I am a much superior writer than the "god"(s) that wrote the bible. I've written company Standard Operating Procedure manuals and there was never any confusion about what I wrote.
Well you're definitely logically inept but putting that aside, what makes you think your comparison is a proper one? Oh yeah, you're logically inept...steeeerike...nvm
Hey skips it's patently obvious that you couldn't come up with an argument, so why did you post?
To see if you're still gay and on my or after my butt.
I'll take your typical idiotic bullllpppoooooppp, ummm bulllllsssshshhhiiittt as you being to inept to prove purpose. After all you didn't address the illogical assertion that "people not interpreting the word of God universally" can be concluded logically to mean God is a failed communicator. Once again bullmoron for this to be a logical conclusion, which forever seems to elude mental midgets such as yourself, the purpose of communication by God must be proven....I.e. for an idiot like you that means its purpose was suppose to be universally understood. So , prove it mental midget or stop making homosexual passes at me in secret you pathetic faggggggg.
Anything else dummy? Btw, Why did God ...etc.....isn't an argument, although we both know that's the only thing you can muster.
Nice rant weirds, what was it about? Just a further expression of your unfounded insane anger at people not afraid of your boogeyman perhaps?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2016 3:30:36 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/12/2016 4:23:15 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 10/12/2016 2:46:40 AM, matt8800 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 10:53:46 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
In the Old Testament, God seems to be on a slow learning curve. He creates Adam and Eve, they screw up and eat from a knowledge tree. All throughout the O.T. Adams incestuous offspring screw up repeatedly, and God had to destroy them and try again. So much for the Perfect Being theory.
So, nobody needs to feel too badly about screwing up after all, Our father in Heaven has been a Royal Screw Up from day one.

Not only that...he is an incompetent communicator
Prove the purpose is universal understanding, oh yeah you can't steeeeerike

You guys just make sh!t up as you go and don't trouble yourself to think it through. Why would he take the time to communicate something and expect us to take the time to understand it if it is not understandable?

Apparently, you are pretty proud of such a "brilliant" retort.

. Nobody can agree as to what the words actually mean in the book he wrote. I am a much superior writer than the "god"(s) that wrote the bible. I've written company Standard Operating Procedure manuals and there was never any confusion about what I wrote.
Well you're definitely logically inept but putting that aside, what makes you think your comparison is a proper one? Oh yeah, you're logically inept...steeeerike...nvm

So, basically your argument is simply to state you are right and I am wrong.

You sir, are a master debater.
VirBinarus
Posts: 323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2016 6:14:53 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/11/2016 10:53:46 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
In the Old Testament, God seems to be on a slow learning curve. He creates Adam and Eve, they screw up and eat from a knowledge tree. All throughout the O.T. Adams incestuous offspring screw up repeatedly, and God had to destroy them and try again. So much for the Perfect Being theory.
So, nobody needs to feel too badly about screwing up after all, Our father in Heaven has been a Royal Screw Up from day one.

No, it's us who screw it up with our free will. God made a perfect world; we messed it up.

At 10/12/2016 2:46:40 AM, matt8800 wrote:
Not only that...he is an incompetent communicator. Nobody can agree as to what the words actually mean in the book he wrote. I am a much superior writer than the "god"(s) that wrote the bible. I've written company Standard Operating Procedure manuals and there was never any confusion about what I wrote.

The major problem is not with how it was written, the problem is that a lot of people aren't actually reading it, or they take a few verses out of context and forget about the rest.
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2016 6:41:32 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/13/2016 6:14:53 AM, VirBinarus wrote:
At 10/11/2016 10:53:46 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
In the Old Testament, God seems to be on a slow learning curve. He creates Adam and Eve, they screw up and eat from a knowledge tree. All throughout the O.T. Adams incestuous offspring screw up repeatedly, and God had to destroy them and try again. So much for the Perfect Being theory.
So, nobody needs to feel too badly about screwing up after all, Our father in Heaven has been a Royal Screw Up from day one.

No, it's us who screw it up with our free will. God made a perfect world; we messed it up.

At 10/12/2016 2:46:40 AM, matt8800 wrote:
Not only that...he is an incompetent communicator. Nobody can agree as to what the words actually mean in the book he wrote. I am a much superior writer than the "god"(s) that wrote the bible. I've written company Standard Operating Procedure manuals and there was never any confusion about what I wrote.

The major problem is not with how it was written, the problem is that a lot of people aren't actually reading it, or they take a few verses out of context and forget about the rest.

The perfect god who created the perfect world took the time and trouble to create this monstrosity? Or did fallen man create it, together with cancer, plague etc. etc. ?
https://www.wired.com...
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,861
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2016 7:56:51 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/13/2016 3:30:36 AM, matt8800 wrote:
At 10/12/2016 4:23:15 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 10/12/2016 2:46:40 AM, matt8800 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 10:53:46 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
In the Old Testament, God seems to be on a slow learning curve. He creates Adam and Eve, they screw up and eat from a knowledge tree. All throughout the O.T. Adams incestuous offspring screw up repeatedly, and God had to destroy them and try again. So much for the Perfect Being theory.
So, nobody needs to feel too badly about screwing up after all, Our father in Heaven has been a Royal Screw Up from day one.

Not only that...he is an incompetent communicator
Prove the purpose is universal understanding, oh yeah you can't steeeeerike

You guys just make sh!t up as you go and don't trouble yourself to think it through. Why would he take the time to communicate something and expect us to take the time to understand it if it is not understandable?
First, asking why would God etc.....isn't an argument genius.
So speaking of not thinking it through. No one said that nobody on this planet understands or correctly interprets gods word if you want to call it that. I said that just because it isn't universally interpreted exactly the same way by everyone doesn't mean God is a bad communicator.. understand? In order to conclude that one must know Gods intentions, I.e..it was intended to be universally interpreted. Can you prove that was gods intention, oh yeah that's a resounding no fffuccckkkkinggg way. Your useless attempt at a response might have been more thought out if you actually could think, read, reason, lets look at the actual progression of thought. Maybe if I type it one thought per line you could follow.....
God gave humans a book
Humans read book
Humans debate or disagree over meanings of verses in book
Therefore God is a bad communicator.....that's called a non sequitur unless you can prove that God intended the book to have universally agreed upon interpretations. Guess what genius who thinks you think things out. You don't have the first fuuuccckkkiiingg clue what God intended.
Apparently, you are pretty proud of such a "brilliant" retort.

. Nobody can agree as to what the words actually mean in the book he wrote. I am a much superior writer than the "god"(s) that wrote the bible. I've written company Standard Operating Procedure manuals and there was never any confusion about what I wrote.
Well you're definitely logically inept but putting that aside, what makes you think your comparison is a proper one? Oh yeah, you're logically inept...steeeerike...nvm

So, basically your argument is simply to state you are right and I am wrong.

You sir, are a master debater.
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,861
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2016 7:59:57 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/13/2016 2:31:25 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/12/2016 11:50:09 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 10/12/2016 5:38:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/12/2016 4:23:15 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 10/12/2016 2:46:40 AM, matt8800 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 10:53:46 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
In the Old Testament, God seems to be on a slow learning curve. He creates Adam and Eve, they screw up and eat from a knowledge tree. All throughout the O.T. Adams incestuous offspring screw up repeatedly, and God had to destroy them and try again. So much for the Perfect Being theory.
So, nobody needs to feel too badly about screwing up after all, Our father in Heaven has been a Royal Screw Up from day one.

Not only that...he is an incompetent communicator
Prove the purpose is universal understanding, oh yeah you can't steeeeerike
. Nobody can agree as to what the words actually mean in the book he wrote. I am a much superior writer than the "god"(s) that wrote the bible. I've written company Standard Operating Procedure manuals and there was never any confusion about what I wrote.
Well you're definitely logically inept but putting that aside, what makes you think your comparison is a proper one? Oh yeah, you're logically inept...steeeerike...nvm
Hey skips it's patently obvious that you couldn't come up with an argument, so why did you post?
To see if you're still gay and on my or after my butt.
I'll take your typical idiotic bullllpppoooooppp, ummm bulllllsssshshhhiiittt as you being to inept to prove purpose. After all you didn't address the illogical assertion that "people not interpreting the word of God universally" can be concluded logically to mean God is a failed communicator. Once again bullmoron for this to be a logical conclusion, which forever seems to elude mental midgets such as yourself, the purpose of communication by God must be proven....I.e. for an idiot like you that means its purpose was suppose to be universally understood. So , prove it mental midget or stop making homosexual passes at me in secret you pathetic faggggggg.
Anything else dummy? Btw, Why did God ...etc.....isn't an argument, although we both know that's the only thing you can muster.
Nice rant weirds, what was it about? Just a further expression of your unfounded insane anger at people not afraid of your boogeyman perhaps?
Bulll, sorry. I was actually responding to someone with a similar name, I think its cluelessidiot extraordinaire.
Philosophy101
Posts: 114
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 12:29:41 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/11/2016 10:53:46 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
In the Old Testament, God seems to be on a slow learning curve. He creates Adam and Eve, they screw up and eat from a knowledge tree. All throughout the O.T. Adams incestuous offspring screw up repeatedly, and God had to destroy them and try again. So much for the Perfect Being theory.
So, nobody needs to feel too badly about screwing up after all, Our father in Heaven has been a Royal Screw Up from day one:

I see the point of this argument; the problem with it is people have been trained since birth to believe in the inerrancy of the Bible. However, there is another mindset out there that nothing in the Bible is true because some of it is false. As a metaphorical tome written by people long ago, it doesn't stand up to the rigors of modern science; however I genuinely believe it has more to say on the soul and spirituality than any science book ever could.
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 1:30:07 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/14/2016 12:29:41 AM, Philosophy101 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 10:53:46 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
In the Old Testament, God seems to be on a slow learning curve. He creates Adam and Eve, they screw up and eat from a knowledge tree. All throughout the O.T. Adams incestuous offspring screw up repeatedly, and God had to destroy them and try again. So much for the Perfect Being theory.
So, nobody needs to feel too badly about screwing up after all, Our father in Heaven has been a Royal Screw Up from day one:

I see the point of this argument; the problem with it is people have been trained since birth to believe in the inerrancy of the Bible. However, there is another mindset out there that nothing in the Bible is true because some of it is false. As a metaphorical tome written by people long ago, it doesn't stand up to the rigors of modern science; however I genuinely believe it has more to say on the soul and spirituality than any science book ever could.

What in particular to the Bible do you believe science has proven to be untrue?
Philosophy101
Posts: 114
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 1:43:01 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/14/2016 1:30:07 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 10/14/2016 12:29:41 AM, Philosophy101 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 10:53:46 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
In the Old Testament, God seems to be on a slow learning curve. He creates Adam and Eve, they screw up and eat from a knowledge tree. All throughout the O.T. Adams incestuous offspring screw up repeatedly, and God had to destroy them and try again. So much for the Perfect Being theory.
So, nobody needs to feel too badly about screwing up after all, Our father in Heaven has been a Royal Screw Up from day one:

I see the point of this argument; the problem with it is people have been trained since birth to believe in the inerrancy of the Bible. However, there is another mindset out there that nothing in the Bible is true because some of it is false. As a metaphorical tome written by people long ago, it doesn't stand up to the rigors of modern science; however I genuinely believe it has more to say on the soul and spirituality than any science book ever could.

What in particular to the Bible do you believe science has proven to be untrue?

I don't know how to answer such nonsense. Do you believe a man made a home in the stomach of a whale? Or perhaps it's the part where trumpets are literally said to destroy a city wall that bothers me. Still is that, given what we know about genetics, that all men descended from Adam and Eve. If a Biblethumper has any regards for science, they would see the Bible as a beautiful masterpiece in human art, which is exactly what it is.
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 1:04:58 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/14/2016 1:43:01 AM, Philosophy101 wrote:
At 10/14/2016 1:30:07 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 10/14/2016 12:29:41 AM, Philosophy101 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 10:53:46 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
In the Old Testament, God seems to be on a slow learning curve. He creates Adam and Eve, they screw up and eat from a knowledge tree. All throughout the O.T. Adams incestuous offspring screw up repeatedly, and God had to destroy them and try again. So much for the Perfect Being theory.
So, nobody needs to feel too badly about screwing up after all, Our father in Heaven has been a Royal Screw Up from day one:

I see the point of this argument; the problem with it is people have been trained since birth to believe in the inerrancy of the Bible. However, there is another mindset out there that nothing in the Bible is true because some of it is false. As a metaphorical tome written by people long ago, it doesn't stand up to the rigors of modern science; however I genuinely believe it has more to say on the soul and spirituality than any science book ever could.

What in particular to the Bible do you believe science has proven to be untrue?

I don't know how to answer such nonsense. Do you believe a man made a home in the stomach of a whale? Or perhaps it's the part where trumpets are literally said to destroy a city wall that bothers me. Still is that, given what we know about genetics, that all men descended from Adam and Eve. If a Biblethumper has any regards for science, they would see the Bible as a beautiful masterpiece in human art, which is exactly what it is.

What if that whale was actually something like an ancient submarine? What if the trumpets were something used as frequency weapons used to destroy matter? Science has proven these possibilities to be true. Unidentified submerged objects (USO's) have been well recorded since the days of the caveman. Opera singers sqealing high-madness to shatter glass should alone convince you that your lack of exploration of possibilities of proven sciences, make the Bible all the more mysterious.
Philosophy101
Posts: 114
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 6:30:29 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/14/2016 1:04:58 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 10/14/2016 1:43:01 AM, Philosophy101 wrote:
At 10/14/2016 1:30:07 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 10/14/2016 12:29:41 AM, Philosophy101 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 10:53:46 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
In the Old Testament, God seems to be on a slow learning curve. He creates Adam and Eve, they screw up and eat from a knowledge tree. All throughout the O.T. Adams incestuous offspring screw up repeatedly, and God had to destroy them and try again. So much for the Perfect Being theory.
So, nobody needs to feel too badly about screwing up after all, Our father in Heaven has been a Royal Screw Up from day one:

I see the point of this argument; the problem with it is people have been trained since birth to believe in the inerrancy of the Bible. However, there is another mindset out there that nothing in the Bible is true because some of it is false. As a metaphorical tome written by people long ago, it doesn't stand up to the rigors of modern science; however I genuinely believe it has more to say on the soul and spirituality than any science book ever could.

What in particular to the Bible do you believe science has proven to be untrue?

I don't know how to answer such nonsense. Do you believe a man made a home in the stomach of a whale? Or perhaps it's the part where trumpets are literally said to destroy a city wall that bothers me. Still is that, given what we know about genetics, that all men descended from Adam and Eve. If a Biblethumper has any regards for science, they would see the Bible as a beautiful masterpiece in human art, which is exactly what it is.

What if that whale was actually something like an ancient submarine? What if the trumpets were something used as frequency weapons used to destroy matter? Science has proven these possibilities to be true. Unidentified submerged objects (USO's) have been well recorded since the days of the caveman. Opera singers sqealing high-madness to shatter glass should alone convince you that your lack of exploration of possibilities of proven sciences, make the Bible all the more mysterious.

First of all the Bible says trumpet and the Bible says whale; taken literally these things are impossible. As for USO's I do not accept your assertion that at the time of cavemen, as you call them, these things were around. An opera singer breaking glass is not similar to trumpets breaking walls. At the time of the Bible there was not the technology for anything of the sort, I do not believe even today we have frequency modulators that can break stone walls. Again the most likely explanation for the Biblical fantaastical feats is that it is not meant to be taken literally, but as a spiritual guideline for human behavior.
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 7:03:12 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/14/2016 6:30:29 PM, Philosophy101 wrote:
At 10/14/2016 1:04:58 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 10/14/2016 1:43:01 AM, Philosophy101 wrote:
At 10/14/2016 1:30:07 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 10/14/2016 12:29:41 AM, Philosophy101 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 10:53:46 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
In the Old Testament, God seems to be on a slow learning curve. He creates Adam and Eve, they screw up and eat from a knowledge tree. All throughout the O.T. Adams incestuous offspring screw up repeatedly, and God had to destroy them and try again. So much for the Perfect Being theory.
So, nobody needs to feel too badly about screwing up after all, Our father in Heaven has been a Royal Screw Up from day one:

I see the point of this argument; the problem with it is people have been trained since birth to believe in the inerrancy of the Bible. However, there is another mindset out there that nothing in the Bible is true because some of it is false. As a metaphorical tome written by people long ago, it doesn't stand up to the rigors of modern science; however I genuinely believe it has more to say on the soul and spirituality than any science book ever could.

What in particular to the Bible do you believe science has proven to be untrue?

I don't know how to answer such nonsense. Do you believe a man made a home in the stomach of a whale? Or perhaps it's the part where trumpets are literally said to destroy a city wall that bothers me. Still is that, given what we know about genetics, that all men descended from Adam and Eve. If a Biblethumper has any regards for science, they would see the Bible as a beautiful masterpiece in human art, which is exactly what it is.

What if that whale was actually something like an ancient submarine? What if the trumpets were something used as frequency weapons used to destroy matter? Science has proven these possibilities to be true. Unidentified submerged objects (USO's) have been well recorded since the days of the caveman. Opera singers sqealing high-madness to shatter glass should alone convince you that your lack of exploration of possibilities of proven sciences, make the Bible all the more mysterious.

First of all the Bible says trumpet and the Bible says whale; taken literally these things are impossible. As for USO's I do not accept your assertion that at the time of cavemen, as you call them, these things were around. An opera singer breaking glass is not similar to trumpets breaking walls. At the time of the Bible there was not the technology for anything of the sort, I do not believe even today we have frequency modulators that can break stone walls. Again the most likely explanation for the Biblical fantaastical feats is that it is not meant to be taken literally, but as a spiritual guideline for human behavior.

How can you be so sure there was no advanced technology in existence, in the biblical ages? The Bible itself did not exist in biblical ages. All throughout history we have accounts of an advanced civilization that existed. The only thing that did not exist were the terminology common today to describe what the plebeians of yesterday were seeing. Descriptions of flying birds and dragons of fire were best used for the moment of witnessing things beyond their means to effectively describe. UfOs certainly did exist before our time. Cavemen drew pictures of them. Egyptians carved pictures of ancient submarines and helicopters and all sorts of advanced technologies nobody would have thought to have existed from outside the given portraits of Hollywood imaginations. Be honest with yourself. You have inside you preconceived notions of what biblical days were like from the movies presented to you. But recorded history tells a different story. Factual evidence exists around the world that suggests once there was even a nuclear war. Petrified deserts of glass, as we now know thanks to Los Alamos nuclear experiments, are created from the intense heat of atomic bombs. Lightning can also create petrified glass, but not create the large circumference of these areas found in places such as India, and areas in the Middle East.
Face-of-the-deep
Posts: 64
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 7:20:19 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/14/2016 1:43:01 AM, Philosophy101 wrote:
At 10/14/2016 1:30:07 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 10/14/2016 12:29:41 AM, Philosophy101 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 10:53:46 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
In the Old Testament, God seems to be on a slow learning curve. He creates Adam and Eve, they screw up and eat from a knowledge tree. All throughout the O.T. Adams incestuous offspring screw up repeatedly, and God had to destroy them and try again. So much for the Perfect Being theory.
So, nobody needs to feel too badly about screwing up after all, Our father in Heaven has been a Royal Screw Up from day one:

I see the point of this argument; the problem with it is people have been trained since birth to believe in the inerrancy of the Bible. However, there is another mindset out there that nothing in the Bible is true because some of it is false. As a metaphorical tome written by people long ago, it doesn't stand up to the rigors of modern science; however I genuinely believe it has more to say on the soul and spirituality than any science book ever could.

What in particular to the Bible do you believe science has proven to be untrue?

I don't know how to answer such nonsense. Do you believe a man made a home in the stomach of a whale? Or perhaps it's the part where trumpets are literally said to destroy a city wall that bothers me. Still is that, given what we know about genetics, that all men descended from Adam and Eve. If a Biblethumper has any regards for science, they would see the Bible as a beautiful masterpiece in human art, which is exactly what it is.

Ah, words of wisdom are seldom heard, like those. You can speak for me anytime.
I consider the Bible an informative book of spiritual poetry and instructive parables.
But mostly, one of the sources to help re-enlighten people to eternal consciousness.
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 8:13:53 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/11/2016 10:53:46 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
In the Old Testament, God seems to be on a slow learning curve. He creates Adam and Eve, they screw up and eat from a knowledge tree. All throughout the O.T. Adams incestuous offspring screw up repeatedly, and God had to destroy them and try again. So much for the Perfect Being theory.
So, nobody needs to feel too badly about screwing up after all, Our father in Heaven has been a Royal Screw Up from day one.

Why do Adam's sins somehow prove God isn't perfect?
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Philosophy101
Posts: 114
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 8:48:25 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/14/2016 7:03:12 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 10/14/2016 6:30:29 PM, Philosophy101 wrote:
At 10/14/2016 1:04:58 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 10/14/2016 1:43:01 AM, Philosophy101 wrote:
At 10/14/2016 1:30:07 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 10/14/2016 12:29:41 AM, Philosophy101 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 10:53:46 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
In the Old Testament, God seems to be on a slow learning curve. He creates Adam and Eve, they screw up and eat from a knowledge tree. All throughout the O.T. Adams incestuous offspring screw up repeatedly, and God had to destroy them and try again. So much for the Perfect Being theory.
So, nobody needs to feel too badly about screwing up after all, Our father in Heaven has been a Royal Screw Up from day one:

I see the point of this argument; the problem with it is people have been trained since birth to believe in the inerrancy of the Bible. However, there is another mindset out there that nothing in the Bible is true because some of it is false. As a metaphorical tome written by people long ago, it doesn't stand up to the rigors of modern science; however I genuinely believe it has more to say on the soul and spirituality than any science book ever could.

What in particular to the Bible do you believe science has proven to be untrue?

I don't know how to answer such nonsense. Do you believe a man made a home in the stomach of a whale? Or perhaps it's the part where trumpets are literally said to destroy a city wall that bothers me. Still is that, given what we know about genetics, that all men descended from Adam and Eve. If a Biblethumper has any regards for science, they would see the Bible as a beautiful masterpiece in human art, which is exactly what it is.

What if that whale was actually something like an ancient submarine? What if the trumpets were something used as frequency weapons used to destroy matter? Science has proven these possibilities to be true. Unidentified submerged objects (USO's) have been well recorded since the days of the caveman. Opera singers sqealing high-madness to shatter glass should alone convince you that your lack of exploration of possibilities of proven sciences, make the Bible all the more mysterious.

First of all the Bible says trumpet and the Bible says whale; taken literally these things are impossible. As for USO's I do not accept your assertion that at the time of cavemen, as you call them, these things were around. An opera singer breaking glass is not similar to trumpets breaking walls. At the time of the Bible there was not the technology for anything of the sort, I do not believe even today we have frequency modulators that can break stone walls. Again the most likely explanation for the Biblical fantaastical feats is that it is not meant to be taken literally, but as a spiritual guideline for human behavior.

How can you be so sure there was no advanced technology in existence, in the biblical ages? The Bible itself did not exist in biblical ages. All throughout history we have accounts of an advanced civilization that existed. The only thing that did not exist were the terminology common today to describe what the plebeians of yesterday were seeing. Descriptions of flying birds and dragons of fire were best used for the moment of witnessing things beyond their means to effectively describe. UfOs certainly did exist before our time. Cavemen drew pictures of them. Egyptians carved pictures of ancient submarines and helicopters and all sorts of advanced technologies nobody would have thought to have existed from outside the given portraits of Hollywood imaginations. Be honest with yourself. You have inside you preconceived notions of what biblical days were like from the movies presented to you.

You have preconceived notions of what I have preconceived notions about. I'm sorry if I do not accept nuclear weapons in ancient civilizations, but I don't. What does that have to do with movies I may or may not have watched?

But recorded history tells a different story. Factual evidence exists around the world that suggests once there was even a nuclear war. Petrified deserts of glass, as we now know thanks to Los Alamos nuclear experiments, are created from the intense heat of atomic bombs.:

I'm sorry, but what is your source on nuclear explosions. It sounds like pseudoscience jibber jabber to me.

Lightning can also create petrified glass, but not create the large circumference of these areas found in places such as India, and areas in the Middle East.:
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 9:19:06 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/14/2016 8:48:25 PM, Philosophy101 wrote:
At 10/14/2016 7:03:12 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 10/14/2016 6:30:29 PM, Philosophy101 wrote:
At 10/14/2016 1:04:58 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 10/14/2016 1:43:01 AM, Philosophy101 wrote:
At 10/14/2016 1:30:07 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 10/14/2016 12:29:41 AM, Philosophy101 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 10:53:46 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
In the Old Testament, God seems to be on a slow learning curve. He creates Adam and Eve, they screw up and eat from a knowledge tree. All throughout the O.T. Adams incestuous offspring screw up repeatedly, and God had to destroy them and try again. So much for the Perfect Being theory.
So, nobody needs to feel too badly about screwing up after all, Our father in Heaven has been a Royal Screw Up from day one:

I see the point of this argument; the problem with it is people have been trained since birth to believe in the inerrancy of the Bible. However, there is another mindset out there that nothing in the Bible is true because some of it is false. As a metaphorical tome written by people long ago, it doesn't stand up to the rigors of modern science; however I genuinely believe it has more to say on the soul and spirituality than any science book ever could.

What in particular to the Bible do you believe science has proven to be untrue?

I don't know how to answer such nonsense. Do you believe a man made a home in the stomach of a whale? Or perhaps it's the part where trumpets are literally said to destroy a city wall that bothers me. Still is that, given what we know about genetics, that all men descended from Adam and Eve. If a Biblethumper has any regards for science, they would see the Bible as a beautiful masterpiece in human art, which is exactly what it is.

What if that whale was actually something like an ancient submarine? What if the trumpets were something used as frequency weapons used to destroy matter? Science has proven these possibilities to be true. Unidentified submerged objects (USO's) have been well recorded since the days of the caveman. Opera singers sqealing high-madness to shatter glass should alone convince you that your lack of exploration of possibilities of proven sciences, make the Bible all the more mysterious.

First of all the Bible says trumpet and the Bible says whale; taken literally these things are impossible. As for USO's I do not accept your assertion that at the time of cavemen, as you call them, these things were around. An opera singer breaking glass is not similar to trumpets breaking walls. At the time of the Bible there was not the technology for anything of the sort, I do not believe even today we have frequency modulators that can break stone walls. Again the most likely explanation for the Biblical fantaastical feats is that it is not meant to be taken literally, but as a spiritual guideline for human behavior.

How can you be so sure there was no advanced technology in existence, in the biblical ages? The Bible itself did not exist in biblical ages. All throughout history we have accounts of an advanced civilization that existed. The only thing that did not exist were the terminology common today to describe what the plebeians of yesterday were seeing. Descriptions of flying birds and dragons of fire were best used for the moment of witnessing things beyond their means to effectively describe. UfOs certainly did exist before our time. Cavemen drew pictures of them. Egyptians carved pictures of ancient submarines and helicopters and all sorts of advanced technologies nobody would have thought to have existed from outside the given portraits of Hollywood imaginations. Be honest with yourself. You have inside you preconceived notions of what biblical days were like from the movies presented to you.

You have preconceived notions of what I have preconceived notions about. I'm sorry if I do not accept nuclear weapons in ancient civilizations, but I don't. What does that have to do with movies I may or may not have watched?

But recorded history tells a different story. Factual evidence exists around the world that suggests once there was even a nuclear war. Petrified deserts of glass, as we now know thanks to Los Alamos nuclear experiments, are created from the intense heat of atomic bombs.:

I'm sorry, but what is your source on nuclear explosions. It sounds like pseudoscience jibber jabber to me.

There are places in deserts that have large swaths of petrified glass. For a long time nobody knew what could cause such a large area of sand to turn into petrified glass. Lightning can create enough concentrated heat to create petrified glass, but does so only to a small area. It wasn't until we detonated atomic bombs in the desert at Los Alamos that we saw exactly the results seen in other deserts around the world. Take this evidence for the creations of petrified glass, and stack that will ancient stories of advanced civilizations that went to war with each other, and a bigger picture begins to emerge. I've given you enough to consider. You have the entire internet at your disposal. You can google an interest into this matter, or quickly dismiss it as a ludicrous waste of intellectual effort. The choice is yours.

Lightning can also create petrified glass, but not create the large circumference of these areas found in places such as India, and areas in the Middle East.:
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 7:31:58 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/13/2016 6:14:53 AM, VirBinarus wrote:
At 10/11/2016 10:53:46 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
In the Old Testament, God seems to be on a slow learning curve. He creates Adam and Eve, they screw up and eat from a knowledge tree. All throughout the O.T. Adams incestuous offspring screw up repeatedly, and God had to destroy them and try again. So much for the Perfect Being theory.
So, nobody needs to feel too badly about screwing up after all, Our father in Heaven has been a Royal Screw Up from day one.

No, it's us who screw it up with our free will. God made a perfect world; we messed it up.

At 10/12/2016 2:46:40 AM, matt8800 wrote:
Not only that...he is an incompetent communicator. Nobody can agree as to what the words actually mean in the book he wrote. I am a much superior writer than the "god"(s) that wrote the bible. I've written company Standard Operating Procedure manuals and there was never any confusion about what I wrote.

The major problem is not with how it was written, the problem is that a lot of people aren't actually reading it, or they take a few verses out of context and forget about the rest.

My whole point is that, if it was properly communicated, we wouldn't have to try so hard to invent context.

"Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man intimately. But all the girls who have not known man intimately, spare for yourselves." Source - The "holy" bible.

The Quran has similar verses. Of course, they do a similar song and dance about how it does not really say what it says.

There was never any confusion over my manuals because I am a superior communicator than ancient semi-literate barbarians (not surprising).
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 7:35:07 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/13/2016 7:56:51 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 10/13/2016 3:30:36 AM, matt8800 wrote:
At 10/12/2016 4:23:15 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 10/12/2016 2:46:40 AM, matt8800 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 10:53:46 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
In the Old Testament, God seems to be on a slow learning curve. He creates Adam and Eve, they screw up and eat from a knowledge tree. All throughout the O.T. Adams incestuous offspring screw up repeatedly, and God had to destroy them and try again. So much for the Perfect Being theory.
So, nobody needs to feel too badly about screwing up after all, Our father in Heaven has been a Royal Screw Up from day one.

Not only that...he is an incompetent communicator
Prove the purpose is universal understanding, oh yeah you can't steeeeerike

You guys just make sh!t up as you go and don't trouble yourself to think it through. Why would he take the time to communicate something and expect us to take the time to understand it if it is not understandable?
First, asking why would God etc.....isn't an argument genius.
So speaking of not thinking it through. No one said that nobody on this planet understands or correctly interprets gods word if you want to call it that. I said that just because it isn't universally interpreted exactly the same way by everyone doesn't mean God is a bad communicator.. understand? In order to conclude that one must know Gods intentions, I.e..it was intended to be universally interpreted. Can you prove that was gods intention, oh yeah that's a resounding no fffuccckkkkinggg way. Your useless attempt at a response might have been more thought out if you actually could think, read, reason, lets look at the actual progression of thought. Maybe if I type it one thought per line you could follow.....

More pearls of Wisdom by skip the self proclaimed weirdo.
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,861
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 8:34:20 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/15/2016 7:35:07 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 10/13/2016 7:56:51 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 10/13/2016 3:30:36 AM, matt8800 wrote:
At 10/12/2016 4:23:15 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 10/12/2016 2:46:40 AM, matt8800 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 10:53:46 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
In the Old Testament, God seems to be on a slow learning curve. He creates Adam and Eve, they screw up and eat from a knowledge tree. All throughout the O.T. Adams incestuous offspring screw up repeatedly, and God had to destroy them and try again. So much for the Perfect Being theory.
So, nobody needs to feel too badly about screwing up after all, Our father in Heaven has been a Royal Screw Up from day one.

Not only that...he is an incompetent communicator
Prove the purpose is universal understanding, oh yeah you can't steeeeerike

You guys just make sh!t up as you go and don't trouble yourself to think it through. Why would he take the time to communicate something and expect us to take the time to understand it if it is not understandable?
First, asking why would God etc.....isn't an argument genius.
So speaking of not thinking it through. No one said that nobody on this planet understands or correctly interprets gods word if you want to call it that. I said that just because it isn't universally interpreted exactly the same way by everyone doesn't mean God is a bad communicator.. understand? In order to conclude that one must know Gods intentions, I.e..it was intended to be universally interpreted. Can you prove that was gods intention, oh yeah that's a resounding no fffuccckkkkinggg way. Your useless attempt at a response might have been more thought out if you actually could think, read, reason, lets look at the actual progression of thought. Maybe if I type it one thought per line you could follow.....

More pearls of Wisdom by skip the self proclaimed weirdo.
Typical. You claim knowledge of intent but when asked to back it up you give up....What's wrong?
12_13
Posts: 1,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 8:47:59 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/11/2016 10:53:46 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
In the Old Testament, God seems to be on a slow learning curve. He creates Adam and Eve, they screw up and eat from a knowledge tree. All throughout the O.T. Adams incestuous offspring screw up repeatedly, and God had to destroy them and try again. So much for the Perfect Being theory.
So, nobody needs to feel too badly about screwing up after all, Our father in Heaven has been a Royal Screw Up from day one.

Yeah, don"t feel bad, but know that for unrighteous, there is the same end as there has always been. You are free to screw up, but don"t expect that screw upping is allowed to continue forever. :)
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 4:42:06 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/11/2016 10:53:46 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
In the Old Testament, God seems to be on a slow learning curve. He creates Adam and Eve, they screw up and eat from a knowledge tree. All throughout the O.T. Adams incestuous offspring screw up repeatedly, and God had to destroy them and try again. So much for the Perfect Being theory.
So, nobody needs to feel too badly about screwing up after all, Our father in Heaven has been a Royal Screw Up from day one.

Does it matter if God is imperfect? If so why?
Face-of-the-deep
Posts: 64
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 4:43:36 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/16/2016 8:47:59 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 10:53:46 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
In the Old Testament, God seems to be on a slow learning curve. He creates Adam and Eve, they screw up and eat from a knowledge tree. All throughout the O.T. Adams incestuous offspring screw up repeatedly, and God had to destroy them and try again. So much for the Perfect Being theory.
So, nobody needs to feel too badly about screwing up after all, Our father in Heaven has been a Royal Screw Up from day one.

Yeah, don"t feel bad, but know that for unrighteous, there is the same end as there has always been. You are free to screw up, but don"t expect that screw upping is allowed to continue forever. :)

Ah but, screwing up is screwing up forever. We are judged according to our deeds and screwing up hopefully teaches us how not to screw up next time.
You could say that we are a little like Gods, in that we improve by making mistakes.