Jump to topic:

a short true story from Marashi

lightseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 3:22:51 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
Ayatollah Marashi Najafi was a great Shia scholar.

when he was old, he was once asked:
"how were you able to reach this high position?"

he said:
"one time, when I was a child, my mother told me to go call your father for lunch. my father used to study in his room on the second floor of the house. so I went up the stairs and saw my father sleeping. I thought to myself, should I follow my mother's orders and wake him up, or should I go back to mother and tell her that he was sleeping?

sleeping before noon is advised in Islam for those who wake up at dawn. so, I was afraid my father would dislike it if I woke him up.

he said, I thought to myself, I will choose a method for waking him up that would not be unpleasant for him. so I rubbed my cheeks on his soles and kept doing it. that caused my father to slowly wake up.
upon waking up and seeing this, my father cried and then raised his hands and prayed to God for my success in life. "

Ayatollah Marashi said, all I have today, is the result of that prayer of my father.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 6:12:47 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/14/2016 3:22:51 AM, lightseeker wrote:
Ayatollah Marashi Najafi was a great Shia scholar.

when he was old, he was once asked:
"how were you able to reach this high position?"

he said:
"one time, when I was a child, my mother told me to go call your father for lunch. my father used to study in his room on the second floor of the house. so I went up the stairs and saw my father sleeping. I thought to myself, should I follow my mother's orders and wake him up, or should I go back to mother and tell her that he was sleeping?

sleeping before noon is advised in Islam for those who wake up at dawn. so, I was afraid my father would dislike it if I woke him up.

he said, I thought to myself, I will choose a method for waking him up that would not be unpleasant for him. so I rubbed my cheeks on his soles and kept doing it. that caused my father to slowly wake up.
upon waking up and seeing this, my father cried and then raised his hands and prayed to God for my success in life. "

Ayatollah Marashi said, all I have today, is the result of that prayer of my father.

That's exactly why I don't eat sun dried tomatoes.