Religions Safe Space from Athiests

illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 2:23:02 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
Dear Christians and Muslims.

You go around making untestable claims based on questionable assertions about the reward/punishments of an invisible man existing beyond our universe, you even threaten your fellow human beings with eternal torture in hell fire (hey it's not a threat, it's a choice) yet these scum bag atheists have the audacity to resist you.

I mean don't they understand that if you yell and thump your holy book of choice this is how it works ?

Now granted we can't just kill the non believers like the good ole days, but you shouldn't have to put up with this crap, so I propose a safe place where you can make your preachments without challenge, and look upon anyone who doesn't toe the line as clearly agents of evil.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 4:36:32 AM
At 10/15/2016 2:23:02 AM, illegalcombat wrote:

You go around making untestable claims based on questionable assertions about the reward/punishments of an invisible man existing beyond our universe, you even threaten your fellow human beings with eternal torture in hell fire (hey it's not a threat, it's a choice) yet these scum bag atheists have the audacity to resist you.

I mean don't they understand that if you yell and thump your holy book of choice this is how it works ?

Now granted we can't just kill the non believers like the good ole days, but you shouldn't have to put up with this crap, so I propose a safe place where you can make your preachments without challenge, and look upon anyone who doesn't toe the line as clearly agents of evil.

Hilarious!
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 11:12:18 AM

The safest thing we can do with religious preachers is to put the lot of them in a giant space capsule (a modern day arc) then fire it into space on a continuous outwards trajectory. Amen.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 11:42:42 AM

Response: We don't need a safe place from atheists, especially since Muslims believe that you do not turn your backs on those who are mentally less fortunate. We understand their sickness.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 12:01:21 PM
At 10/15/2016 11:42:42 AM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: We don't need a safe place from atheists, especially since Muslims believe that you do not turn your backs on those who are mentally less fortunate. We understand their sickness.
Except that muslims are the less mentally fortunate, we only need to observe their borrowed beliefs.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 12:31:21 PM

You need our preaching.
Emgaol
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 12:37:47 PM

Correct, you don't need a safe place from atheists, you need a safe space from all other religions.

The fact that "believers" are unable to agree with each other, as indicated by the thousands of sects and cults within each major group, like Catholics, Baptists, Methodists, Lutherans, Sunni, Jewish, Shia etc, etc, etc, even though each claims to follow precisely the "one true word" of the same god, clearly shows the inhabitants of any "safe space" would refute and contradict each other. Each would claim superior "knowledge" of the unknowable.

Each are non-believers with respect to any other religion. If they weren't then each Catholic would call themselves a Sunni, each Baptist would call themselves a Jew, each Jew would call themselves a Sunni etc.

Religion is the most divisive, anti-human concept devised by mankind. The greatest challenge to any religion is any other religion because both will claim certitude. Each religious follower uses the same irrational arguments to assert their belief.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 3:16:53 PM

Yes, atheists are mentally less fortunate because they just can't see invisible undetectable super beings, their sickness is the capacity to accept facts and reality.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 8:02:18 PM
At 10/15/2016 3:16:53 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Yes, atheists are mentally less fortunate because they just can't see invisible undetectable super beings, their sickness is the capacity to accept facts and reality.

Response: Yes. Atheists delusion of falsehood is a fact and reality.
Dirty.Harry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 8:08:28 PM

Your generalized remarks are as prejudicial to "Christians" as are remarks directed at "Blacks" or "the disabled". People with opinions about God, the universe, how it came to be, why it came to be etc are as varied as any other group.

A huge number of such people - myself included - would never threaten you or advocate eternal torture or advocate killing "non believers" etc.

What kind of comment is this then?
Dirty.Harry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 8:09:12 PM
At 10/15/2016 11:12:18 AM, Willows wrote:

The safest thing we can do with religious preachers is to put the lot of them in a giant space capsule (a modern day arc) then fire it into space on a continuous outwards trajectory. Amen.

Listen to yourself - replace "religious" with "black" or "gay" and see how your remarks sound.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 8:29:56 PM
At 10/15/2016 8:02:18 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 10/15/2016 3:16:53 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Response: Yes. Atheists delusion of falsehood is a fact and reality.

So, facts and reality are a delusion of falsehood for you?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 11:08:48 PM
At 10/15/2016 8:09:12 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 10/15/2016 11:12:18 AM, Willows wrote:

Listen to yourself - replace "religious" with "black" or "gay" and see how your remarks sound.

They would sound bigoted of course.
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 12:43:23 AM
At 10/15/2016 8:08:28 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:

Your generalized remarks are as prejudicial to "Christians" as are remarks directed at "Blacks" or "the disabled". People with opinions about God, the universe, how it came to be, why it came to be etc are as varied as any other group.

A huge number of such people - myself included - would never threaten you or advocate eternal torture or advocate killing "non believers" etc.

I reject your prejudicial equivalency of christian to black to disabled.

Imagined if some one said something like, hey, your generalised remarks about "nazi's" is prejudicial to nazi's. Not all nazi's believe all Jews should be put into gas chambers or the ovens. Nazi's are a varied group with different beliefs about how one should make the nation better.

Just replace Nazi with black or disabled, what kind of comment is this then ?

Suffice to say a person has totally lost perspective if they are splitting hairs like that, the person in such a situation is turning a blind eye to what the important matter are.

Argy_Lacedom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 6:15:14 AM
At 10/15/2016 11:12:18 AM, Willows wrote:\

No. That would mean they get to populate the rest of the universe!
If the universe is all that exists, then God is part of it. If the universe needs a creator then so does God.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 8:52:00 AM

still not sure how something you do not believe in can threaten you dannej...lol

You would have thought that a religion forum would be a "safe place", yet here we are with more atheist than belivers here all day...lol
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 10:04:53 AM
At 10/16/2016 8:52:00 AM, graceofgod wrote:

still not sure how something you do not believe in can threaten you dannej...lol

You would have thought that a religion forum would be a "safe place", yet here we are with more atheist than belivers here all day...lol
And it scares you so. Oooh booga booga.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Dirty.Harry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 2:29:34 PM
At 10/16/2016 12:43:23 AM, illegalcombat wrote:

As you wish.

Imagined if some one said something like, hey, your generalised remarks about "nazi's" is prejudicial to nazi's. Not all nazi's believe all Jews should be put into gas chambers or the ovens. Nazi's are a varied group with different beliefs about how one should make the nation better.

That;s true in which case you should direct your objections at the ideology rather than a whole group of people that you choose to label.

Just replace Nazi with black or disabled, what kind of comment is this then ?

Equally inappropriate I think. There were huge numbers of people in Germany who saw Hitler much as some here see Trump. A breath of fresh air, someone who was opposed to old establishment, someone who wanted to make Germany great again. The vast bulk of these voted for that not for mass murder or genocide or war.

Suffice to say a person has totally lost perspective if they are splitting hairs like that, the person in such a situation is turning a blind eye to what the important matter are.

I think it's wrong to assume all members of some group or other share the same views, it's simply naive. If you're opposed to some ideology then define that ideology and what you dislike and attack the ideology not the members.

Nothing wrong with directly confronting this or that individual where you disagree but labeling a whole group and assuming they all share a set of views that you dislike is simply weak, poor debating.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 3:12:56 PM

I think it's far more baffling that you still don't understand after having repeating been explained to you.

Have you done a count? How many are there on either side, exactly? Do you count the Muslims and Jews and JW's in with your group or are they separate?
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 4:08:34 PM
At 10/16/2016 3:12:56 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

I think it's far more baffling that you still don't understand after having repeating been explained to you.

Have you done a count? How many are there on either side, exactly? Do you count the Muslims and Jews and JW's in with your group or are they separate?

I judge it by the amount of posts and threads that raise interest and debate in faith compared to those that are "god doesn't exist, impossible for god to exist, blah blah blah...
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 4:39:44 PM
At 10/16/2016 4:08:34 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 10/16/2016 3:12:56 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

blah blah blah...

Sorry for asking.
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 2:47:00 AM
At 10/16/2016 2:29:34 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 10/16/2016 12:43:23 AM, illegalcombat wrote:

As you wish.

That;s true in which case you should direct your objections at the ideology rather than a whole group of people that you choose to label.

Just replace Nazi's with black or disabled, what kind of comment is this then ?

Equally inappropriate I think. There were huge numbers of people in Germany who saw Hitler much as some here see Trump. A breath of fresh air, someone who was opposed to old establishment, someone who wanted to make Germany great again. The vast bulk of these voted for that not for mass murder or genocide or war.

I think it's wrong to assume all members of some group or other share the same views, it's simply naive. If you're opposed to some ideology then define that ideology and what you dislike and attack the ideology not the members.

Nothing wrong with directly confronting this or that individual where you disagree but labeling a whole group and assuming they all share a set of views that you dislike is simply weak, poor debating.

I'd like to offer an apology in light of your comments.

Not all Nazis support killing jews by ovens or gas chambers. After all some support just putting a bullet into the back of the head or keeping them alive in slave labour camps, I am also told some are good people.

Clearly such generalisations of mine to such a "group" were wrong, but lucky for me Dirty (are you feeling lucky punk) Harry, was able to point out the errors of my ways.

God bless Harry, God bless you, and God bless these United States of America.
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 3:37:04 AM

I'm an Atheist and have to agree with you on this.
Meh!