Total Posts:42|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

God a sadistic freak, or a sense of humor?

Face-of-the-deep
Posts: 64
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 9:56:50 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Many people believe that the various "Holy" books of the numerous world religions, were the words of their chosen God. What that means is, if they all are right, then the God that they love and obey must be some kind of sadistic comedian that laughs his butt off watching them all want to kill each other over who's God is really Holy and who's God is the impostor.
Since it's so plain to many intelligent people that God is a man made concept, why can't the world religions see that fact and come together for a common cause. That cause is what their own God had in mind in the first place, that we should love one and other, and have life more abundantly.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,714
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 10:09:32 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/15/2016 9:56:50 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
Many people believe that the various "Holy" books of the numerous world religions, were the words of their chosen God. What that means is, if they all are right, then the God that they love and obey must be some kind of sadistic comedian that laughs his butt off watching them all want to kill each other over who's God is really Holy and who's God is the impostor.
Since it's so plain to many intelligent people that God is a man made concept, why can't the world religions see that fact and come together for a common cause. That cause is what their own God had in mind in the first place, that we should love one and other, and have life more abundantly.

Response: Those who believe God does not exist base such on delusion. Not intelligence.
Iredia
Posts: 1,608
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 11:00:34 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/15/2016 9:56:50 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
Many people believe that the various "Holy" books of the numerous world religions, were the words of their chosen God. What that means is, if they all are right, then the God that they love and obey must be some kind of sadistic comedian that laughs his butt off watching them all want to kill each other over who's God is really Holy and who's God is the impostor.
Since it's so plain to many intelligent people that God is a man made concept, why can't the world religions see that fact and come together for a common cause. That cause is what their own God had in mind in the first place, that we should love one and other, and have life more abundantly.

Just because religions are man-made concepts doesn't make them wrong. They are wrong because they believe in things without good evidence. However I must say that there is good evidence for God.
Porn babes be distracting me. Dudes be stealing me stuff. I'm all about the cash from now. I'm not playing Jesus anymore.
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 11:16:11 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Poor little OP getting played by the players. Divide and conquer. Whisper a soft lie to both sides. Watch them swing. Watch them miss. Looks like the OP getting intellectually dissed to the facts. Satanic CIA starting another war. 1 2 3 . Look for an EMP coming to your neighborhood soon. False flag. Sign 'em up. I smell a draft.
Face-of-the-deep
Posts: 64
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 12:48:19 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/15/2016 11:00:34 PM, Iredia wrote:
At 10/15/2016 9:56:50 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
Many people believe that the various "Holy" books of the numerous world religions, were the words of their chosen God. What that means is, if they all are right, then the God that they love and obey must be some kind of sadistic comedian that laughs his butt off watching them all want to kill each other over who's God is really Holy and who's God is the impostor.
Since it's so plain to many intelligent people that God is a man made concept, why can't the world religions see that fact and come together for a common cause. That cause is what their own God had in mind in the first place, that we should love one and other, and have life more abundantly.

Just because religions are man-made concepts doesn't make them wrong. They are wrong because they believe in things without good evidence. However I must say that there is good evidence for God.

I didn't say that they were all wrong, It's their definition of God that's not accurate. As far as evidence one must define what God concept they are talking about.
I've heard about the evidence that Bible thump's keep claiming to exist, but they never are able to come up with anything except here say. "Joe said there is evidence, I trust Joe, so it must be true". Please tell me that you have something more than a "rumor".
Willows
Posts: 2,027
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 1:04:35 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/15/2016 11:00:34 PM, Iredia wrote:
At 10/15/2016 9:56:50 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
Many people believe that the various "Holy" books of the numerous world religions, were the words of their chosen God. What that means is, if they all are right, then the God that they love and obey must be some kind of sadistic comedian that laughs his butt off watching them all want to kill each other over who's God is really Holy and who's God is the impostor.
Since it's so plain to many intelligent people that God is a man made concept, why can't the world religions see that fact and come together for a common cause. That cause is what their own God had in mind in the first place, that we should love one and other, and have life more abundantly.

Just because religions are man-made concepts doesn't make them wrong. They are wrong because they believe in things without good evidence. However I must say that there is good evidence for God.

This could be the smoking-gun moment that non-believers have been holding out for. Pray, tell me some good evidence.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 1:34:07 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/15/2016 11:00:34 PM, Iredia wrote:
However I must say that there is good evidence for God.

Alert the media! Sound the trumpets and roll out the band! Iredia has accomplished what no one has done before, found evidence for God.

The world awaits.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Face-of-the-deep
Posts: 64
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 1:48:21 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/16/2016 1:34:07 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 10/15/2016 11:00:34 PM, Iredia wrote:
However I must say that there is good evidence for God.

Alert the media! Sound the trumpets and roll out the band! Iredia has accomplished what no one has done before, found evidence for God.

The world awaits.

I can imagine him frantically looking through pages and notes trying to find something that's not here say. Maybe we should alert the media, this will definitely make the front pages. "Undeniable proof of God finally established". Probably not.
uncung
Posts: 3,431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 4:41:14 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/15/2016 9:56:50 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
Many people believe that the various "Holy" books of the numerous world religions, were the words of their chosen God. What that means is, if they all are right, then the God that they love and obey must be some kind of sadistic comedian that laughs his butt off watching them all want to kill each other over who's God is really Holy and who's God is the impostor.
Since it's so plain to many intelligent people that God is a man made concept, why can't the world religions see that fact and come together for a common cause. That cause is what their own God had in mind in the first place, that we should love one and other, and have life more abundantly.

If God were some kind of a sadistic freak comedian then still we can do nothing.
If Jupiter were in cube shape, still we an do nothing. You cannot deny the one existence just because it is freak sadistic.
Willows
Posts: 2,027
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 5:23:19 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/16/2016 4:41:14 AM, uncung wrote:
At 10/15/2016 9:56:50 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
Many people believe that the various "Holy" books of the numerous world religions, were the words of their chosen God. What that means is, if they all are right, then the God that they love and obey must be some kind of sadistic comedian that laughs his butt off watching them all want to kill each other over who's God is really Holy and who's God is the impostor.
Since it's so plain to many intelligent people that God is a man made concept, why can't the world religions see that fact and come together for a common cause. That cause is what their own God had in mind in the first place, that we should love one and other, and have life more abundantly.

If God were some kind of a sadistic freak comedian then still we can do nothing.
If Jupiter were in cube shape, still we an do nothing. You cannot deny the one existence just because it is freak sadistic.

So what, If I lived 80 years ago I could not deny the existence of Hitler, because he actually existed.
uncung
Posts: 3,431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 5:27:32 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/16/2016 5:23:19 AM, Willows wrote:
At 10/16/2016 4:41:14 AM, uncung wrote:
At 10/15/2016 9:56:50 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
Many people believe that the various "Holy" books of the numerous world religions, were the words of their chosen God. What that means is, if they all are right, then the God that they love and obey must be some kind of sadistic comedian that laughs his butt off watching them all want to kill each other over who's God is really Holy and who's God is the impostor.
Since it's so plain to many intelligent people that God is a man made concept, why can't the world religions see that fact and come together for a common cause. That cause is what their own God had in mind in the first place, that we should love one and other, and have life more abundantly.

If God were some kind of a sadistic freak comedian then still we can do nothing.
If Jupiter were in cube shape, still we an do nothing. You cannot deny the one existence just because it is freak sadistic.

So what, If I lived 80 years ago I could not deny the existence of Hitler, because he actually existed.

Hitler existed no matter how evil he was.
Willows
Posts: 2,027
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 5:31:21 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/15/2016 9:56:50 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
Many people believe that the various "Holy" books of the numerous world religions, were the words of their chosen God. What that means is, if they all are right, then the God that they love and obey must be some kind of sadistic comedian that laughs his butt off watching them all want to kill each other over who's God is really Holy and who's God is the impostor.
Since it's so plain to many intelligent people that God is a man made concept, why can't the world religions see that fact and come together for a common cause. That cause is what their own God had in mind in the first place, that we should love one and other, and have life more abundantly.

That is some noble piece of philosophy there, the reality, however is that I don't think it would ever happen.

If there is one thing that has polarised, divided and stirred up more hatred than anything else devised by mankind, it is religion.

The world is integrating at an accelerating pace and the one thing that will bring about world peace is when we phase out the ridiculous dictum that each of us has a personal imaginary friend who is better than everybody else's.
Willows
Posts: 2,027
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 10:39:44 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/16/2016 5:27:32 AM, uncung wrote:
At 10/16/2016 5:23:19 AM, Willows wrote:
At 10/16/2016 4:41:14 AM, uncung wrote:
At 10/15/2016 9:56:50 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
Many people believe that the various "Holy" books of the numerous world religions, were the words of their chosen God. What that means is, if they all are right, then the God that they love and obey must be some kind of sadistic comedian that laughs his butt off watching them all want to kill each other over who's God is really Holy and who's God is the impostor.
Since it's so plain to many intelligent people that God is a man made concept, why can't the world religions see that fact and come together for a common cause. That cause is what their own God had in mind in the first place, that we should love one and other, and have life more abundantly.

If God were some kind of a sadistic freak comedian then still we can do nothing.
If Jupiter were in cube shape, still we an do nothing. You cannot deny the one existence just because it is freak sadistic.

So what, If I lived 80 years ago I could not deny the existence of Hitler, because he actually existed.

Hitler existed no matter how evil he was.

Precisely, but God didn't exist and according to latest reports, He still doesn't.
uncung
Posts: 3,431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 11:15:39 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/16/2016 10:39:44 AM, Willows wrote:
At 10/16/2016 5:27:32 AM, uncung wrote:
At 10/16/2016 5:23:19 AM, Willows wrote:
At 10/16/2016 4:41:14 AM, uncung wrote:
At 10/15/2016 9:56:50 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
Many people believe that the various "Holy" books of the numerous world religions, were the words of their chosen God. What that means is, if they all are right, then the God that they love and obey must be some kind of sadistic comedian that laughs his butt off watching them all want to kill each other over who's God is really Holy and who's God is the impostor.
Since it's so plain to many intelligent people that God is a man made concept, why can't the world religions see that fact and come together for a common cause. That cause is what their own God had in mind in the first place, that we should love one and other, and have life more abundantly.

If God were some kind of a sadistic freak comedian then still we can do nothing.
If Jupiter were in cube shape, still we an do nothing. You cannot deny the one existence just because it is freak sadistic.

So what, If I lived 80 years ago I could not deny the existence of Hitler, because he actually existed.

Hitler existed no matter how evil he was.

Precisely, but God didn't exist and according to latest reports, He still doesn't.

The OP rejects the existence of God because according to him the God is a sadistic freak comedian. It is his sole reason why he rejects God.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 2:15:16 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/16/2016 4:41:14 AM, uncung wrote:
At 10/15/2016 9:56:50 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
Many people believe that the various "Holy" books of the numerous world religions, were the words of their chosen God. What that means is, if they all are right, then the God that they love and obey must be some kind of sadistic comedian that laughs his butt off watching them all want to kill each other over who's God is really Holy and who's God is the impostor.
Since it's so plain to many intelligent people that God is a man made concept, why can't the world religions see that fact and come together for a common cause. That cause is what their own God had in mind in the first place, that we should love one and other, and have life more abundantly.

If God were some kind of a sadistic freak comedian then still we can do nothing.

We could toss the Bible and the Quran in the garbage, stop worshiping him and unite mankind into one.

If Jupiter were in cube shape, still we an do nothing. You cannot deny the one existence just because it is freak sadistic.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
uncung
Posts: 3,431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 1:45:36 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/16/2016 2:15:16 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 10/16/2016 4:41:14 AM, uncung wrote:
At 10/15/2016 9:56:50 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
Many people believe that the various "Holy" books of the numerous world religions, were the words of their chosen God. What that means is, if they all are right, then the God that they love and obey must be some kind of sadistic comedian that laughs his butt off watching them all want to kill each other over who's God is really Holy and who's God is the impostor.
Since it's so plain to many intelligent people that God is a man made concept, why can't the world religions see that fact and come together for a common cause. That cause is what their own God had in mind in the first place, that we should love one and other, and have life more abundantly.

If God were some kind of a sadistic freak comedian then still we can do nothing.

We could toss the Bible and the Quran in the garbage, stop worshiping him and unite mankind into one.

If Jupiter were in cube shape, still we an do nothing. You cannot deny the one existence just because it is freak sadistic.

But He would get angry if we did so. don't you say He is a freak sadistic God?
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 4:27:07 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/16/2016 10:39:44 AM, Willows wrote:
At 10/16/2016 5:27:32 AM, uncung wrote:
At 10/16/2016 5:23:19 AM, Willows wrote:
At 10/16/2016 4:41:14 AM, uncung wrote:
At 10/15/2016 9:56:50 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
Many people believe that the various "Holy" books of the numerous world religions, were the words of their chosen God. What that means is, if they all are right, then the God that they love and obey must be some kind of sadistic comedian that laughs his butt off watching them all want to kill each other over who's God is really Holy and who's God is the impostor.
Since it's so plain to many intelligent people that God is a man made concept, why can't the world religions see that fact and come together for a common cause. That cause is what their own God had in mind in the first place, that we should love one and other, and have life more abundantly.

If God were some kind of a sadistic freak comedian then still we can do nothing.
If Jupiter were in cube shape, still we an do nothing. You cannot deny the one existence just because it is freak sadistic.

So what, If I lived 80 years ago I could not deny the existence of Hitler, because he actually existed.

Hitler existed no matter how evil he was.

Precisely, but God didn't exist and according to latest reports, He still doesn't.

You are asserting god does not exist? This is unusual. Please provide evidence for your assertion. Positive assertions require premises.
Face-of-the-deep
Posts: 64
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 4:28:46 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/17/2016 1:45:36 AM, uncung wrote:
At 10/16/2016 2:15:16 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 10/16/2016 4:41:14 AM, uncung wrote:
At 10/15/2016 9:56:50 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
Many people believe that the various "Holy" books of the numerous world religions, were the words of their chosen God. What that means is, if they all are right, then the God that they love and obey must be some kind of sadistic comedian that laughs his butt off watching them all want to kill each other over who's God is really Holy and who's God is the impostor.
Since it's so plain to many intelligent people that God is a man made concept, why can't the world religions see that fact and come together for a common cause. That cause is what their own God had in mind in the first place, that we should love one and other, and have life more abundantly.

If God were some kind of a sadistic freak comedian then still we can do nothing.

We could toss the Bible and the Quran in the garbage, stop worshiping him and unite mankind into one.

If Jupiter were in cube shape, still we an do nothing. You cannot deny the one existence just because it is freak sadistic.

But He would get angry if we did so. don't you say He is a freak sadistic God?

If He exists as an all powerful creator of all things, He is either a sadistic freak or has a sense of humor. There is a third option in that God is a man made concept to help us have life more abundantly.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 4:37:15 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
If He exists as an all powerful creator of all things, He is either a sadistic freak or has a sense of humor. There is a third option in that God is a man made concept to help us have life more abundantly.

Why would it be sadistic for an all powerful god to exist and also for there to be religious wars? Why would it be indicative of a sense of humor?
uncung
Posts: 3,431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 4:44:12 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/17/2016 4:28:46 AM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
At 10/17/2016 1:45:36 AM, uncung wrote:
At 10/16/2016 2:15:16 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 10/16/2016 4:41:14 AM, uncung wrote:
At 10/15/2016 9:56:50 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
Many people believe that the various "Holy" books of the numerous world religions, were the words of their chosen God. What that means is, if they all are right, then the God that they love and obey must be some kind of sadistic comedian that laughs his butt off watching them all want to kill each other over who's God is really Holy and who's God is the impostor.
Since it's so plain to many intelligent people that God is a man made concept, why can't the world religions see that fact and come together for a common cause. That cause is what their own God had in mind in the first place, that we should love one and other, and have life more abundantly.

If God were some kind of a sadistic freak comedian then still we can do nothing.

We could toss the Bible and the Quran in the garbage, stop worshiping him and unite mankind into one.

If Jupiter were in cube shape, still we an do nothing. You cannot deny the one existence just because it is freak sadistic.

But He would get angry if we did so. don't you say He is a freak sadistic God?

If He exists as an all powerful creator of all things, He is either a sadistic freak or has a sense of humor. There is a third option in that God is a man made concept to help us have life more abundantly.

you are free to label Him as you wish. In fact, He is real no matter the way you attribute Him.
Face-of-the-deep
Posts: 64
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 5:34:07 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/17/2016 4:37:15 AM, Wylted wrote:
If He exists as an all powerful creator of all things, He is either a sadistic freak or has a sense of humor. There is a third option in that God is a man made concept to help us have life more abundantly.

Why would it be sadistic for an all powerful god to exist and also for there to be religious wars? Why would it be indicative of a sense of humor?

If a God is all powerful and allows innocent good worthy people to die when He could intervene, that is sadistic. My point is, that God doesn't stop things like natural disasters that kill good people. So, an all powerful God does not exist. To laugh at people's misery and stupidity is certainly sadistic.
Also, if God wanted us to know Him, love Him, and to do His will, He would just snap his fingers and we would all bow down and do his will instantly. If He exists, He doesn't want us to know it.
Willows
Posts: 2,027
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 6:32:44 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/17/2016 4:27:07 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/16/2016 10:39:44 AM, Willows wrote:
At 10/16/2016 5:27:32 AM, uncung wrote:
At 10/16/2016 5:23:19 AM, Willows wrote:
At 10/16/2016 4:41:14 AM, uncung wrote:
At 10/15/2016 9:56:50 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
Many people believe that the various "Holy" books of the numerous world religions, were the words of their chosen God. What that means is, if they all are right, then the God that they love and obey must be some kind of sadistic comedian that laughs his butt off watching them all want to kill each other over who's God is really Holy and who's God is the impostor.
Since it's so plain to many intelligent people that God is a man made concept, why can't the world religions see that fact and come together for a common cause. That cause is what their own God had in mind in the first place, that we should love one and other, and have life more abundantly.

If God were some kind of a sadistic freak comedian then still we can do nothing.
If Jupiter were in cube shape, still we an do nothing. You cannot deny the one existence just because it is freak sadistic.

So what, If I lived 80 years ago I could not deny the existence of Hitler, because he actually existed.

Hitler existed no matter how evil he was.

Precisely, but God didn't exist and according to latest reports, He still doesn't.

You are asserting god does not exist? This is unusual. Please provide evidence for your assertion. Positive assertions require premises.

I did not make a positive assertion. I refuted a positive assertion.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 2:30:09 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Precisely, but God didn't exist and according to latest reports, He still doesn't.

You are asserting god does not exist? This is unusual. Please provide evidence for your assertion. Positive assertions require premises.

I did not make a positive assertion. I refuted a positive assertion.

There I bolded it for you. You said "God didn't exist" and "he still doesn't". That is a positive assertion.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 2:44:41 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/17/2016 5:34:07 AM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
At 10/17/2016 4:37:15 AM, Wylted wrote:
If He exists as an all powerful creator of all things, He is either a sadistic freak or has a sense of humor. There is a third option in that God is a man made concept to help us have life more abundantly.

Why would it be sadistic for an all powerful god to exist and also for there to be religious wars? Why would it be indicative of a sense of humor?

If a God is all powerful and allows innocent good worthy people to die when He could intervene, that is sadistic. My point is, that God doesn't stop things like natural disasters that kill good people. So, an all powerful God does not exist. To laugh at people's misery and stupidity is certainly sadistic.

You don't know he's laughing for one, and for 2 that is not true. You can save hundreds of kids from starvation and disease by donating 100% of your income to worthy causes, yet you probably don't stop these bad things in your control to stop, I doubt you are sadistic or think their suffering is funny.

Also, if God wanted us to know Him, love Him, and to do His will, He would just snap his fingers and we would all bow down and do his will instantly. If He exists, He doesn't want us to know it.

That is true. If that was what he wanted, and the only thing he wanted, that would certainly be true
Willows
Posts: 2,027
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 9:02:22 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/17/2016 2:30:09 PM, Wylted wrote:
Precisely, but God didn't exist and according to latest reports, He still doesn't.

You are asserting god does not exist? This is unusual. Please provide evidence for your assertion. Positive assertions require premises.

I did not make a positive assertion. I refuted a positive assertion.

There I bolded it for you. You said "God didn't exist" and "he still doesn't". That is a positive assertion.

It is not a positive assertion, it is a rebuttal of your assertion. You can keep arguing till the cows come home but it won't change the fact.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 9:09:21 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/18/2016 9:02:22 AM, Willows wrote:
At 10/17/2016 2:30:09 PM, Wylted wrote:
Precisely, but God didn't exist and according to latest reports, He still doesn't.

You are asserting god does not exist? This is unusual. Please provide evidence for your assertion. Positive assertions require premises.

I did not make a positive assertion. I refuted a positive assertion.

There I bolded it for you. You said "God didn't exist" and "he still doesn't". That is a positive assertion.

It is not a positive assertion, it is a rebuttal of your assertion. You can keep arguing till the cows come home but it won't change the fact.

I made no assertions. You stated as is bolded that god definitely does not exist. Even if the person you were talking to made the positive assertion that God exists, than you still responded with the positive assertion he does not.
Willows
Posts: 2,027
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 9:12:33 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/18/2016 9:09:21 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/18/2016 9:02:22 AM, Willows wrote:
At 10/17/2016 2:30:09 PM, Wylted wrote:
Precisely, but God didn't exist and according to latest reports, He still doesn't.

You are asserting god does not exist? This is unusual. Please provide evidence for your assertion. Positive assertions require premises.

I did not make a positive assertion. I refuted a positive assertion.

There I bolded it for you. You said "God didn't exist" and "he still doesn't". That is a positive assertion.

It is not a positive assertion, it is a rebuttal of your assertion. You can keep arguing till the cows come home but it won't change the fact.

I made no assertions. You stated as is bolded that god definitely does not exist. Even if the person you were talking to made the positive assertion that God exists, than you still responded with the positive assertion he does not.

I'm afraid that you are suffering from a malady, common amongst theists, being a distorted sense of reasoning.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 9:19:00 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/18/2016 9:12:33 AM, Willows wrote:
At 10/18/2016 9:09:21 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/18/2016 9:02:22 AM, Willows wrote:
At 10/17/2016 2:30:09 PM, Wylted wrote:
Precisely, but God didn't exist and according to latest reports, He still doesn't.

You are asserting god does not exist? This is unusual. Please provide evidence for your assertion. Positive assertions require premises.

I did not make a positive assertion. I refuted a positive assertion.

There I bolded it for you. You said "God didn't exist" and "he still doesn't". That is a positive assertion.

It is not a positive assertion, it is a rebuttal of your assertion. You can keep arguing till the cows come home but it won't change the fact.

I made no assertions. You stated as is bolded that god definitely does not exist. Even if the person you were talking to made the positive assertion that God exists, than you still responded with the positive assertion he does not.

I'm afraid that you are suffering from a malady, common amongst theists, being a distorted sense of reasoning.

Nope, it is logic 101. Positive assertions require a premise. Look at the bolded statement it is the positive assertion that God definitely does not exist. Here is something to teach you the difference between negative and positive assertions. http://atheismnetwork.org...

Here is a link to teach you logic 101 http://www.manyworldsoflogic.com...
Perussi
Posts: 735
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 9:20:47 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/15/2016 9:56:50 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
Many people believe that the various "Holy" books of the numerous world religions, were the words of their chosen God. What that means is, if they all are right, then the God that they love and obey must be some kind of sadistic comedian that laughs his butt off watching them all want to kill each other over who's God is really Holy and who's God is the impostor.
Since it's so plain to many intelligent people that God is a man made concept, why can't the world religions see that fact and come together for a common cause. That cause is what their own God had in mind in the first place, that we should love one and other, and have life more abundantly.

Why do you assume it is more reasonable? You don't even debate it. You are a sheep.
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-