Total Posts:48|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

If God Were Real.....

Willows
Posts: 2,027
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 11:15:20 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
....would we see Him on every street corner every day (being omnipotent of course) cracking a whip at everybody who goes by, ordering them to get down on their knees and kiss His behind ?

Would He be found in every hospital, miraculously healing patients without drugs or surgery?

Would we see Him walking down the main street in a fit of rage, randomly slaughtering people?

Would we see Him giving regular addresses to the nation about all the good things we should be doing?

Would He run a national lottery, issuing green cards for lucky winners to go to heaven?

Would He lose down prisons and send convicted felons to Hell?

Would He create more jobs for people to work in musical instrument factories so that He could indulge in His favorite pastime of dropping pianos on people?
uncung
Posts: 3,431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 11:23:05 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/16/2016 11:15:20 AM, Willows wrote:
....would we see Him on every street corner every day (being omnipotent of course) cracking a whip at everybody who goes by, ordering them to get down on their knees and kiss His behind ?

Would He be found in every hospital, miraculously healing patients without drugs or surgery?

Would we see Him walking down the main street in a fit of rage, randomly slaughtering people?

Would we see Him giving regular addresses to the nation about all the good things we should be doing?

Would He run a national lottery, issuing green cards for lucky winners to go to heaven?

Would He lose down prisons and send convicted felons to Hell?

Would He create more jobs for people to work in musical instrument factories so that He could indulge in His favorite pastime of dropping pianos on people?

what if God deliberately creates diseases, war, and all sort of inconvenient stuff? and He let us to deal with these all stuff regardless our ability to overcome them?
Just because bad things exist it doesn't nullify the existence of God immediately.
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,861
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 12:21:26 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/16/2016 11:15:20 AM, Willows wrote:
....would we see Him on every street corner every day (being omnipotent of course) cracking a whip at everybody who goes by, ordering them to get down on their knees and kiss His behind ?
You do know projecting your fantasies is frowned upon here
Would He be found in every hospital, miraculously healing patients without drugs or surgery?
Faith heals, not God just playing God.
Would we see Him walking down the main street in a fit of rage, randomly slaughtering people?
Why would God need to be seen?
Would we see Him giving regular addresses to the nation about all the good things we should be doing?
He doesn't do t.v.
Would He run a national lottery, issuing green cards for lucky winners to go to heaven?
Cards can't go to heaven
Would He lose down prisons and send convicted felons to Hell?
What makes you think just because some0ne is c0nvicted they did something wrong?
Would He create more jobs for people to work in musical instrument factories so that He could indulge in His favorite pastime of dropping pianos on people?
Why would God "drop"? People drop.
bulproof
Posts: 25,171
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 12:22:03 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/16/2016 11:23:05 AM, uncung wrote:
At 10/16/2016 11:15:20 AM, Willows wrote:
....would we see Him on every street corner every day (being omnipotent of course) cracking a whip at everybody who goes by, ordering them to get down on their knees and kiss His behind ?

Would He be found in every hospital, miraculously healing patients without drugs or surgery?

Would we see Him walking down the main street in a fit of rage, randomly slaughtering people?

Would we see Him giving regular addresses to the nation about all the good things we should be doing?

Would He run a national lottery, issuing green cards for lucky winners to go to heaven?

Would He lose down prisons and send convicted felons to Hell?

Would He create more jobs for people to work in musical instrument factories so that He could indulge in His favorite pastime of dropping pianos on people?

what if God deliberately creates diseases, war, and all sort of inconvenient stuff? and He let us to deal with these all stuff regardless our ability to overcome them?
Just because bad things exist it doesn't nullify the existence of God immediately.
You are right it must confirm his existence.
Now I get.
But Willows piano line gets a +1.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 1:25:00 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
God is real. He came down as a man. His name is Jesus. When Jesus ascended from His mortal death, He sent back His Holy Spirit as continuing proof to the existence of God. You will not see this proof by barking at God. God appears only where He is needed, not where He is wanted. Suffering is never a need for proof when you can see the larger reality as me, wherein the hardships of this virtual world are fictional imaginations. Life is just a game. There is always something to gain from our disappointments. There are strengths to develope from turning all things bad into things of goodness.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 2:05:30 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/16/2016 11:23:05 AM, uncung wrote:
At 10/16/2016 11:15:20 AM, Willows wrote:
....would we see Him on every street corner every day (being omnipotent of course) cracking a whip at everybody who goes by, ordering them to get down on their knees and kiss His behind ?

Would He be found in every hospital, miraculously healing patients without drugs or surgery?

Would we see Him walking down the main street in a fit of rage, randomly slaughtering people?

Would we see Him giving regular addresses to the nation about all the good things we should be doing?

Would He run a national lottery, issuing green cards for lucky winners to go to heaven?

Would He lose down prisons and send convicted felons to Hell?

Would He create more jobs for people to work in musical instrument factories so that He could indulge in His favorite pastime of dropping pianos on people?

what if God deliberately creates diseases, war, and all sort of inconvenient stuff? and He let us to deal with these all stuff regardless our ability to overcome them?
Just because bad things exist it doesn't nullify the existence of God immediately.

But, it would certainly show God was not worthy of worship and praise, in fact, he would be quite the arsehole.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Silly_Billy
Posts: 641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 2:24:12 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/16/2016 2:05:30 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 10/16/2016 11:23:05 AM, uncung wrote:
At 10/16/2016 11:15:20 AM, Willows wrote:
....would we see Him on every street corner every day (being omnipotent of course) cracking a whip at everybody who goes by, ordering them to get down on their knees and kiss His behind ?

Would He be found in every hospital, miraculously healing patients without drugs or surgery?

Would we see Him walking down the main street in a fit of rage, randomly slaughtering people?

Would we see Him giving regular addresses to the nation about all the good things we should be doing?

Would He run a national lottery, issuing green cards for lucky winners to go to heaven?

Would He lose down prisons and send convicted felons to Hell?

Would He create more jobs for people to work in musical instrument factories so that He could indulge in His favorite pastime of dropping pianos on people?

what if God deliberately creates diseases, war, and all sort of inconvenient stuff? and He let us to deal with these all stuff regardless our ability to overcome them?
Just because bad things exist it doesn't nullify the existence of God immediately.

But, it would certainly show God was not worthy of worship and praise, in fact, he would be quite the arsehole.

The problem with religion and how see God is that we seen and divine him from a human point of view with our human values of what is good and what is bad. Is there a God? I don't know but if there is one than it won't really matter because we would be as far beneath him as a single cell within a body is beneath the sum of all the cells combined. Does any individual care about what happens to a single cell?
Willows
Posts: 2,027
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 2:52:56 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/16/2016 1:25:00 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
God is real. He came down as a man. His name is Jesus. When Jesus ascended from His mortal death, He sent back His Holy Spirit as continuing proof to the existence of God. You will not see this proof by barking at God. God appears only where He is needed, not where He is wanted. Suffering is never a need for proof when you can see the larger reality as me, wherein the hardships of this virtual world are fictional imaginations. Life is just a game. There is always something to gain from our disappointments. There are strengths to develope from turning all things bad into things of goodness.

Oh, so what you are getting at is that Jesus would actually play the piano?
uncung
Posts: 3,431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 1:40:57 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/16/2016 2:05:30 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 10/16/2016 11:23:05 AM, uncung wrote:
At 10/16/2016 11:15:20 AM, Willows wrote:
....would we see Him on every street corner every day (being omnipotent of course) cracking a whip at everybody who goes by, ordering them to get down on their knees and kiss His behind ?

Would He be found in every hospital, miraculously healing patients without drugs or surgery?

Would we see Him walking down the main street in a fit of rage, randomly slaughtering people?

Would we see Him giving regular addresses to the nation about all the good things we should be doing?

Would He run a national lottery, issuing green cards for lucky winners to go to heaven?

Would He lose down prisons and send convicted felons to Hell?

Would He create more jobs for people to work in musical instrument factories so that He could indulge in His favorite pastime of dropping pianos on people?

what if God deliberately creates diseases, war, and all sort of inconvenient stuff? and He let us to deal with these all stuff regardless our ability to overcome them?
Just because bad things exist it doesn't nullify the existence of God immediately.

But, it would certainly show God was not worthy of worship and praise, in fact, he would be quite the arsehole.

Then don't worship and praise Him. it is your free choice.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 4:29:26 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/16/2016 11:15:20 AM, Willows wrote:
....would we see Him on every street corner every day (being omnipotent of course) cracking a whip at everybody who goes by, ordering them to get down on their knees and kiss His behind ?

Would He be found in every hospital, miraculously healing patients without drugs or surgery?

Would we see Him walking down the main street in a fit of rage, randomly slaughtering people?

Would we see Him giving regular addresses to the nation about all the good things we should be doing?

Would He run a national lottery, issuing green cards for lucky winners to go to heaven?

Would He lose down prisons and send convicted felons to Hell?

Would He create more jobs for people to work in musical instrument factories so that He could indulge in His favorite pastime of dropping pianos on people?

Why exactly would he do any of that shitt? I know I wouldn't if I were the creator.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 4:30:46 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/16/2016 2:05:30 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 10/16/2016 11:23:05 AM, uncung wrote:
At 10/16/2016 11:15:20 AM, Willows wrote:
....would we see Him on every street corner every day (being omnipotent of course) cracking a whip at everybody who goes by, ordering them to get down on their knees and kiss His behind ?

Would He be found in every hospital, miraculously healing patients without drugs or surgery?

Would we see Him walking down the main street in a fit of rage, randomly slaughtering people?

Would we see Him giving regular addresses to the nation about all the good things we should be doing?

Would He run a national lottery, issuing green cards for lucky winners to go to heaven?

Would He lose down prisons and send convicted felons to Hell?

Would He create more jobs for people to work in musical instrument factories so that He could indulge in His favorite pastime of dropping pianos on people?

what if God deliberately creates diseases, war, and all sort of inconvenient stuff? and He let us to deal with these all stuff regardless our ability to overcome them?
Just because bad things exist it doesn't nullify the existence of God immediately.

But, it would certainly show God was not worthy of worship and praise, in fact, he would be quite the arsehole.

That is not in any way related to whether he actually exists.
Willows
Posts: 2,027
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 6:19:41 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/17/2016 4:29:26 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/16/2016 11:15:20 AM, Willows wrote:
....would we see Him on every street corner every day (being omnipotent of course) cracking a whip at everybody who goes by, ordering them to get down on their knees and kiss His behind ?

Would He be found in every hospital, miraculously healing patients without drugs or surgery?

Would we see Him walking down the main street in a fit of rage, randomly slaughtering people?

Would we see Him giving regular addresses to the nation about all the good things we should be doing?

Would He run a national lottery, issuing green cards for lucky winners to go to heaven?

Would He lose down prisons and send convicted felons to Hell?

Would He create more jobs for people to work in musical instrument factories so that He could indulge in His favorite pastime of dropping pianos on people?

Why exactly would he do any of that shitt? I know I wouldn't if I were the creator.

According to the Bible, He already does 100 times worse from heaven, wherever that may be.

Dropping pianos onto people is merely gilding the lily. Would you like me to submit a list of His atrocities according to the Bible?
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 2:31:59 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/17/2016 6:19:41 AM, Willows wrote:
At 10/17/2016 4:29:26 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/16/2016 11:15:20 AM, Willows wrote:
....would we see Him on every street corner every day (being omnipotent of course) cracking a whip at everybody who goes by, ordering them to get down on their knees and kiss His behind ?

Would He be found in every hospital, miraculously healing patients without drugs or surgery?

Would we see Him walking down the main street in a fit of rage, randomly slaughtering people?

Would we see Him giving regular addresses to the nation about all the good things we should be doing?

Would He run a national lottery, issuing green cards for lucky winners to go to heaven?

Would He lose down prisons and send convicted felons to Hell?

Would He create more jobs for people to work in musical instrument factories so that He could indulge in His favorite pastime of dropping pianos on people?

Why exactly would he do any of that shitt? I know I wouldn't if I were the creator.

According to the Bible, He already does 100 times worse from heaven, wherever that may be.

Dropping pianos onto people is merely gilding the lily. Would you like me to submit a list of His atrocities according to the Bible?

What does the bible have to do with God? What does any of your original post have to do with your last statement? Why would the creator if he exists do anything you posted prior to your reply to me?
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 2:40:14 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/17/2016 1:40:57 AM, uncung wrote:
At 10/16/2016 2:05:30 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 10/16/2016 11:23:05 AM, uncung wrote:
At 10/16/2016 11:15:20 AM, Willows wrote:
....would we see Him on every street corner every day (being omnipotent of course) cracking a whip at everybody who goes by, ordering them to get down on their knees and kiss His behind ?

Would He be found in every hospital, miraculously healing patients without drugs or surgery?

Would we see Him walking down the main street in a fit of rage, randomly slaughtering people?

Would we see Him giving regular addresses to the nation about all the good things we should be doing?

Would He run a national lottery, issuing green cards for lucky winners to go to heaven?

Would He lose down prisons and send convicted felons to Hell?

Would He create more jobs for people to work in musical instrument factories so that He could indulge in His favorite pastime of dropping pianos on people?

what if God deliberately creates diseases, war, and all sort of inconvenient stuff? and He let us to deal with these all stuff regardless our ability to overcome them?
Just because bad things exist it doesn't nullify the existence of God immediately.

But, it would certainly show God was not worthy of worship and praise, in fact, he would be quite the arsehole.

Then don't worship and praise Him. it is your free choice.

Why do you?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 2:42:14 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/17/2016 4:30:46 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/16/2016 2:05:30 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 10/16/2016 11:23:05 AM, uncung wrote:
At 10/16/2016 11:15:20 AM, Willows wrote:
....would we see Him on every street corner every day (being omnipotent of course) cracking a whip at everybody who goes by, ordering them to get down on their knees and kiss His behind ?

Would He be found in every hospital, miraculously healing patients without drugs or surgery?

Would we see Him walking down the main street in a fit of rage, randomly slaughtering people?

Would we see Him giving regular addresses to the nation about all the good things we should be doing?

Would He run a national lottery, issuing green cards for lucky winners to go to heaven?

Would He lose down prisons and send convicted felons to Hell?

Would He create more jobs for people to work in musical instrument factories so that He could indulge in His favorite pastime of dropping pianos on people?

what if God deliberately creates diseases, war, and all sort of inconvenient stuff? and He let us to deal with these all stuff regardless our ability to overcome them?
Just because bad things exist it doesn't nullify the existence of God immediately.

But, it would certainly show God was not worthy of worship and praise, in fact, he would be quite the arsehole.

That is not in any way related to whether he actually exists.

But, it certainly is a contradiction, one that would show God probably doesn't exist, who in their right mind would ever worship such an evil entity?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 2:48:11 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
But, it certainly is a contradiction, one that would show God probably doesn't exist, who in their right mind would ever worship such an evil entity?

This is about whether God is real, not whether he is worthy of worship. Please stay on topic.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 2:50:06 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/17/2016 2:48:11 PM, Wylted wrote:
But, it certainly is a contradiction, one that would show God probably doesn't exist, who in their right mind would ever worship such an evil entity?

This is about whether God is real, not whether he is worthy of worship. Please stay on topic.

Says the guy who starts talking about birth control when the topic is disabled people being healed by God.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
tarantula
Posts: 847
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 2:53:22 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/16/2016 11:23:05 AM, uncung wrote:
At 10/16/2016 11:15:20 AM, Willows wrote:
....would we see Him on every street corner every day (being omnipotent of course) cracking a whip at everybody who goes by, ordering them to get down on their knees and kiss His behind ?

Would He be found in every hospital, miraculously healing patients without drugs or surgery?

Would we see Him walking down the main street in a fit of rage, randomly slaughtering people?

Would we see Him giving regular addresses to the nation about all the good things we should be doing?

Would He run a national lottery, issuing green cards for lucky winners to go to heaven?

Would He lose down prisons and send convicted felons to Hell?

Would He create more jobs for people to work in musical instrument factories so that He could indulge in His favorite pastime of dropping pianos on people?

what if God deliberately creates diseases, war, and all sort of inconvenient stuff? and He let us to deal with these all stuff regardless our ability to overcome them?
Just because bad things exist it doesn't nullify the existence of God immediately.

But it would suggest it was a psycho, if that were the case!
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 2:53:55 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/17/2016 2:50:06 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 10/17/2016 2:48:11 PM, Wylted wrote:
But, it certainly is a contradiction, one that would show God probably doesn't exist, who in their right mind would ever worship such an evil entity?

This is about whether God is real, not whether he is worthy of worship. Please stay on topic.

Says the guy who starts talking about birth control when the topic is disabled people being healed by God.

A relevant example to show why the premise you was implying was incorrect
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 2:56:54 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/17/2016 2:53:55 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/17/2016 2:50:06 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 10/17/2016 2:48:11 PM, Wylted wrote:
But, it certainly is a contradiction, one that would show God probably doesn't exist, who in their right mind would ever worship such an evil entity?

This is about whether God is real, not whether he is worthy of worship. Please stay on topic.

Says the guy who starts talking about birth control when the topic is disabled people being healed by God.

A relevant example to show why the premise you was implying was incorrect

You provided a strawman by creating a premise yourself and then shoving it into my mouth.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 3:04:01 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/17/2016 2:56:54 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 10/17/2016 2:53:55 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/17/2016 2:50:06 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 10/17/2016 2:48:11 PM, Wylted wrote:
But, it certainly is a contradiction, one that would show God probably doesn't exist, who in their right mind would ever worship such an evil entity?

This is about whether God is real, not whether he is worthy of worship. Please stay on topic.

Says the guy who starts talking about birth control when the topic is disabled people being healed by God.

A relevant example to show why the premise you was implying was incorrect

You provided a strawman by creating a premise yourself and then shoving it into my mouth.

If that were actually true then you would respond by actually stating what you were intending to imply. I know if somebody misunderstood what I was implying I would quickly correct them, however if a person is caught being an idiot, I could see why there would be no quick correction and why they would just cross their arms and say "You are wrong"
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 3:12:14 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/17/2016 3:04:01 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/17/2016 2:56:54 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 10/17/2016 2:53:55 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/17/2016 2:50:06 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 10/17/2016 2:48:11 PM, Wylted wrote:
But, it certainly is a contradiction, one that would show God probably doesn't exist, who in their right mind would ever worship such an evil entity?

This is about whether God is real, not whether he is worthy of worship. Please stay on topic.

Says the guy who starts talking about birth control when the topic is disabled people being healed by God.

A relevant example to show why the premise you was implying was incorrect

You provided a strawman by creating a premise yourself and then shoving it into my mouth.

If that were actually true

It is true, that's exactly what you did.

then you would respond by actually stating what you were intending to imply.

Or, you could just read what I actually said.

I know if somebody misunderstood what I was implying I would quickly correct them, however if a person is caught being an idiot, I could see why there would be no quick correction and why they would just cross their arms and say "You are wrong"

I never said that either, it appears the only way you can make a point is to argue with yourself.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 4:24:23 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/17/2016 3:12:14 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 10/17/2016 3:04:01 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/17/2016 2:56:54 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 10/17/2016 2:53:55 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/17/2016 2:50:06 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 10/17/2016 2:48:11 PM, Wylted wrote:
But, it certainly is a contradiction, one that would show God probably doesn't exist, who in their right mind would ever worship such an evil entity?

This is about whether God is real, not whether he is worthy of worship. Please stay on topic.

Says the guy who starts talking about birth control when the topic is disabled people being healed by God.

A relevant example to show why the premise you was implying was incorrect

You provided a strawman by creating a premise yourself and then shoving it into my mouth.

If that were actually true

It is true, that's exactly what you did.

then you would respond by actually stating what you were intending to imply.

Or, you could just read what I actually said.

I did, and it is obvious what your rhetorical question implied. If it implied something different you would have already said what that thing was

I know if somebody misunderstood what I was implying I would quickly correct them, however if a person is caught being an idiot, I could see why there would be no quick correction and why they would just cross their arms and say "You are wrong"

I never said that either, it appears the only way you can make a point is to argue with yourself.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 4:35:58 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/17/2016 4:24:23 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/17/2016 3:12:14 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 10/17/2016 3:04:01 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/17/2016 2:56:54 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 10/17/2016 2:53:55 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/17/2016 2:50:06 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 10/17/2016 2:48:11 PM, Wylted wrote:
But, it certainly is a contradiction, one that would show God probably doesn't exist, who in their right mind would ever worship such an evil entity?

This is about whether God is real, not whether he is worthy of worship. Please stay on topic.

Says the guy who starts talking about birth control when the topic is disabled people being healed by God.

A relevant example to show why the premise you was implying was incorrect

You provided a strawman by creating a premise yourself and then shoving it into my mouth.

If that were actually true

It is true, that's exactly what you did.

then you would respond by actually stating what you were intending to imply.

Or, you could just read what I actually said.

I did, and it is obvious what your rhetorical question implied. If it implied something different you would have already said what that thing was

In other words, you want to imagine what people imply as opposed to what they say.

I know if somebody misunderstood what I was implying I would quickly correct them, however if a person is caught being an idiot, I could see why there would be no quick correction and why they would just cross their arms and say "You are wrong"

I never said that either, it appears the only way you can make a point is to argue with yourself.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
uncung
Posts: 3,431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 4:38:02 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/17/2016 2:53:22 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 10/16/2016 11:23:05 AM, uncung wrote:
At 10/16/2016 11:15:20 AM, Willows wrote:
....would we see Him on every street corner every day (being omnipotent of course) cracking a whip at everybody who goes by, ordering them to get down on their knees and kiss His behind ?

Would He be found in every hospital, miraculously healing patients without drugs or surgery?

Would we see Him walking down the main street in a fit of rage, randomly slaughtering people?

Would we see Him giving regular addresses to the nation about all the good things we should be doing?

Would He run a national lottery, issuing green cards for lucky winners to go to heaven?

Would He lose down prisons and send convicted felons to Hell?

Would He create more jobs for people to work in musical instrument factories so that He could indulge in His favorite pastime of dropping pianos on people?

what if God deliberately creates diseases, war, and all sort of inconvenient stuff? and He let us to deal with these all stuff regardless our ability to overcome them?
Just because bad things exist it doesn't nullify the existence of God immediately.


But it would suggest it was a psycho, if that were the case!

and are you not afraid of that such a psycho deity?
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 4:38:05 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
In other words, you want to imagine what people imply as opposed to what they say.

rhetorical questions imply things. It is the nature of rhetorical questions. Why not stop being a pvssy and admit what your rhetorical question implied?
uncung
Posts: 3,431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 4:40:58 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/17/2016 2:40:14 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 10/17/2016 1:40:57 AM, uncung wrote:
At 10/16/2016 2:05:30 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 10/16/2016 11:23:05 AM, uncung wrote:
At 10/16/2016 11:15:20 AM, Willows wrote:
....would we see Him on every street corner every day (being omnipotent of course) cracking a whip at everybody who goes by, ordering them to get down on their knees and kiss His behind ?

Would He be found in every hospital, miraculously healing patients without drugs or surgery?

Would we see Him walking down the main street in a fit of rage, randomly slaughtering people?

Would we see Him giving regular addresses to the nation about all the good things we should be doing?

Would He run a national lottery, issuing green cards for lucky winners to go to heaven?

Would He lose down prisons and send convicted felons to Hell?

Would He create more jobs for people to work in musical instrument factories so that He could indulge in His favorite pastime of dropping pianos on people?

what if God deliberately creates diseases, war, and all sort of inconvenient stuff? and He let us to deal with these all stuff regardless our ability to overcome them?
Just because bad things exist it doesn't nullify the existence of God immediately.

But, it would certainly show God was not worthy of worship and praise, in fact, he would be quite the arsehole.

Then don't worship and praise Him. it is your free choice.

Why do you?

Because He orders so.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 4:44:55 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/17/2016 4:38:05 PM, Wylted wrote:
In other words, you want to imagine what people imply as opposed to what they say.

rhetorical questions imply things. It is the nature of rhetorical questions. Why not stop being a pvssy and admit what your rhetorical question implied?

Why not read what people write instead of making up stuff in your head?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 4:45:52 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/17/2016 4:40:58 PM, uncung wrote:
At 10/17/2016 2:40:14 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 10/17/2016 1:40:57 AM, uncung wrote:
At 10/16/2016 2:05:30 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 10/16/2016 11:23:05 AM, uncung wrote:
At 10/16/2016 11:15:20 AM, Willows wrote:
....would we see Him on every street corner every day (being omnipotent of course) cracking a whip at everybody who goes by, ordering them to get down on their knees and kiss His behind ?

Would He be found in every hospital, miraculously healing patients without drugs or surgery?

Would we see Him walking down the main street in a fit of rage, randomly slaughtering people?

Would we see Him giving regular addresses to the nation about all the good things we should be doing?

Would He run a national lottery, issuing green cards for lucky winners to go to heaven?

Would He lose down prisons and send convicted felons to Hell?

Would He create more jobs for people to work in musical instrument factories so that He could indulge in His favorite pastime of dropping pianos on people?

what if God deliberately creates diseases, war, and all sort of inconvenient stuff? and He let us to deal with these all stuff regardless our ability to overcome them?
Just because bad things exist it doesn't nullify the existence of God immediately.

But, it would certainly show God was not worthy of worship and praise, in fact, he would be quite the arsehole.

Then don't worship and praise Him. it is your free choice.

Why do you?

Because He orders so.

Actually, wasn't it Muhammad that ordered you to worship God?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
uncung
Posts: 3,431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 5:01:13 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/17/2016 4:45:52 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 10/17/2016 4:40:58 PM, uncung wrote:
At 10/17/2016 2:40:14 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 10/17/2016 1:40:57 AM, uncung wrote:
At 10/16/2016 2:05:30 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 10/16/2016 11:23:05 AM, uncung wrote:
At 10/16/2016 11:15:20 AM, Willows wrote:
....would we see Him on every street corner every day (being omnipotent of course) cracking a whip at everybody who goes by, ordering them to get down on their knees and kiss His behind ?

Would He be found in every hospital, miraculously healing patients without drugs or surgery?

Would we see Him walking down the main street in a fit of rage, randomly slaughtering people?

Would we see Him giving regular addresses to the nation about all the good things we should be doing?

Would He run a national lottery, issuing green cards for lucky winners to go to heaven?

Would He lose down prisons and send convicted felons to Hell?

Would He create more jobs for people to work in musical instrument factories so that He could indulge in His favorite pastime of dropping pianos on people?

what if God deliberately creates diseases, war, and all sort of inconvenient stuff? and He let us to deal with these all stuff regardless our ability to overcome them?
Just because bad things exist it doesn't nullify the existence of God immediately.

But, it would certainly show God was not worthy of worship and praise, in fact, he would be quite the arsehole.

Then don't worship and praise Him. it is your free choice.

Why do you?

Because He orders so.

Actually, wasn't it Muhammad that ordered you to worship God?

Yes he was.