Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

195,000yrs and then POOF.

bulproof
Posts: 29,083
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 12:49:51 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
We have yahweh, he is found in a pantheon of Canaanite gods, gets promoted to first league and all of a sudden becomes the creator of the universe.
Now tell me that you actually believe this crap, I mean really?
No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means.
George Bernard Shaw
bulproof
Posts: 29,083
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 4:16:11 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Where the fuk are our god defenders?
No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means.
George Bernard Shaw
cedertree
Posts: 156
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 4:36:16 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
The scientific world is ever investigating our past and present. Through evidence and Occam's razor the only reason to hold on to the iron age idea of gods is the fear of cessation of existence. However, to give the devil his due, (so to speak) it is still a powerful force in America.
Silly_Billy
Posts: 1,161
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 4:48:56 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 10/16/2016 4:36:16 PM, cedertree wrote:
The scientific world is ever investigating our past and present. Through evidence and Occam's razor the only reason to hold on to the iron age idea of gods is the fear of cessation of existence. However, to give the devil his due, (so to speak) it is still a powerful force in America.

I am just wondering... using Occam's razor as a tool, wouldn't using that tool actually hint that the existence of God is far more likely than the non-existence of God as the idea of God having created the universe would actually answer a lot of questions that we are currently unable to answer?
Fly
Posts: 2,547
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 7:05:23 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 10/16/2016 4:48:56 PM, Silly_Billy wrote:
At 10/16/2016 4:36:16 PM, cedertree wrote:
The scientific world is ever investigating our past and present. Through evidence and Occam's razor the only reason to hold on to the iron age idea of gods is the fear of cessation of existence. However, to give the devil his due, (so to speak) it is still a powerful force in America.

I am just wondering... using Occam's razor as a tool, wouldn't using that tool actually hint that the existence of God is far more likely than the non-existence of God as the idea of God having created the universe would actually answer a lot of questions that we are currently unable to answer?

I don't agree with that. Positing God as an answer for the origins of the universe leads to many, many more unanswerable questions about God, its nature, its intentions, and how it creates, of course. It is akin to saying, "I don't know" but without the fortitude and honesty to admit it upfront.
"If you say you pray to God, that makes you normal. But if you say you pray to God through your hair dryer, you are clearly a lunatic. I fail to see how the addition of a hairdryer makes the claim more ridiculous or offensive."
-Sam Harris
janesix
Posts: 5,825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 7:39:00 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 10/16/2016 4:16:11 PM, bulproof wrote:
Where the fuk are our god defenders?
In church?
12_13
Posts: 1,760
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 8:47:55 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 10/16/2016 12:49:51 PM, bulproof wrote:
We have yahweh, he is found in a pantheon of Canaanite gods, gets promoted to first league and all of a sudden becomes the creator of the universe.
Now tell me that you actually believe this crap, I mean really?

No, I don"t believe your "195,000yrs" crap. :D
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,931
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 10:11:22 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 10/16/2016 12:49:51 PM, bulproof wrote:
We have yahweh, he is found in a pantheon of Canaanite gods, gets promoted to first league and all of a sudden becomes the creator of the universe.
Now tell me that you actually believe this crap, I mean really?

This is a horrible argument. One could say the same thing about evolution. Darwin wrote his book in 1859. Does that mean it didn't happen since it took so long to be pondered? Ridiculous.
Silly_Billy
Posts: 1,161
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 10:53:08 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 10/16/2016 4:48:56 PM, Silly_Billy wrote:
At 10/16/2016 4:36:16 PM, cedertree wrote:
The scientific world is ever investigating our past and present. Through evidence and Occam's razor the only reason to hold on to the iron age idea of gods is the fear of cessation of existence. However, to give the devil his due, (so to speak) it is still a powerful force in America.

I am just wondering... using Occam's razor as a tool, wouldn't using that tool actually hint that the existence of God is far more likely than the non-existence of God as the idea of God having created the universe would actually answer a lot of questions that we are currently unable to answer?

I am certain that I can ask a whole lot more questions about the universe if God does not exist than you can ask about God if God does exist. Nevertheless, the point that I am trying to make is not that God exists but that Occam's Razor is not a tool that can be used to find a truth, it can only point us into the direction where the truth can most likely be found.
Silly_Billy
Posts: 1,161
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 11:02:23 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 10/16/2016 7:05:23 PM, Fly wrote:
At 10/16/2016 4:48:56 PM, Silly_Billy wrote:
At 10/16/2016 4:36:16 PM, cedertree wrote:
The scientific world is ever investigating our past and present. Through evidence and Occam's razor the only reason to hold on to the iron age idea of gods is the fear of cessation of existence. However, to give the devil his due, (so to speak) it is still a powerful force in America.

I am just wondering... using Occam's razor as a tool, wouldn't using that tool actually hint that the existence of God is far more likely than the non-existence of God as the idea of God having created the universe would actually answer a lot of questions that we are currently unable to answer?

I don't agree with that. Positing God as an answer for the origins of the universe leads to many, many more unanswerable questions about God, its nature, its intentions, and how it creates, of course. It is akin to saying, "I don't know" but without the fortitude and honesty to admit it upfront.

I am certain that I can ask a whole lot more questions about the universe if God does not exist than you can ask about God if God does exist. Nevertheless, the point that I am trying to make is not that God exists but that Occam's Razor is not a tool that can be used to find a truth, it can only point us into the direction where the truth can most likely be found.
bulproof
Posts: 29,083
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 6:03:49 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 10/16/2016 10:11:22 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/16/2016 12:49:51 PM, bulproof wrote:
We have yahweh, he is found in a pantheon of Canaanite gods, gets promoted to first league and all of a sudden becomes the creator of the universe.
Now tell me that you actually believe this crap, I mean really?

This is a horrible argument. One could say the same thing about evolution. Darwin wrote his book in 1859. Does that mean it didn't happen since it took so long to be pondered? Ridiculous.
5000yrs ago the Canaanites invented one of their gods as Yahweh, no record of it's existence before then, that makes it 5000yrs old.
Evidence going back billions of years supports Darwin and you don't have any evidence for yahweh.
No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means.
George Bernard Shaw
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,931
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 6:25:09 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 10/17/2016 6:03:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/16/2016 10:11:22 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/16/2016 12:49:51 PM, bulproof wrote:
We have yahweh, he is found in a pantheon of Canaanite gods, gets promoted to first league and all of a sudden becomes the creator of the universe.
Now tell me that you actually believe this crap, I mean really?

This is a horrible argument. One could say the same thing about evolution. Darwin wrote his book in 1859. Does that mean it didn't happen since it took so long to be pondered? Ridiculous.
5000yrs ago the Canaanites invented one of their gods as Yahweh, no record of it's existence before then, that makes it 5000yrs old.
Evidence going back billions of years supports Darwin and you don't have any evidence for yahweh.

My point is just because no one spoke of evolution until the 1850s is no reason to doubt it.... in the same way, just because no one called God Yahweh until 5000 years ago doesn't mean He didn't exist prior to that time.
bulproof
Posts: 29,083
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 6:50:34 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 10/17/2016 6:25:09 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 6:03:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/16/2016 10:11:22 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/16/2016 12:49:51 PM, bulproof wrote:
We have yahweh, he is found in a pantheon of Canaanite gods, gets promoted to first league and all of a sudden becomes the creator of the universe.
Now tell me that you actually believe this crap, I mean really?

This is a horrible argument. One could say the same thing about evolution. Darwin wrote his book in 1859. Does that mean it didn't happen since it took so long to be pondered? Ridiculous.
5000yrs ago the Canaanites invented one of their gods as Yahweh, no record of it's existence before then, that makes it 5000yrs old.
Evidence going back billions of years supports Darwin and you don't have any evidence for yahweh.

My point is just because no one spoke of evolution until the 1850s is no reason to doubt it.... in the same way, just because no one called God Yahweh until 5000 years ago doesn't mean He didn't exist prior to that time.
A desperately false equivalence. Evidence and Claim or not equivalent.
No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means.
George Bernard Shaw
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,931
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 9:41:57 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 10/17/2016 6:50:34 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/17/2016 6:25:09 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 6:03:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/16/2016 10:11:22 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/16/2016 12:49:51 PM, bulproof wrote:
We have yahweh, he is found in a pantheon of Canaanite gods, gets promoted to first league and all of a sudden becomes the creator of the universe.
Now tell me that you actually believe this crap, I mean really?

This is a horrible argument. One could say the same thing about evolution. Darwin wrote his book in 1859. Does that mean it didn't happen since it took so long to be pondered? Ridiculous.
5000yrs ago the Canaanites invented one of their gods as Yahweh, no record of it's existence before then, that makes it 5000yrs old.
Evidence going back billions of years supports Darwin and you don't have any evidence for yahweh.

My point is just because no one spoke of evolution until the 1850s is no reason to doubt it.... in the same way, just because no one called God Yahweh until 5000 years ago doesn't mean He didn't exist prior to that time.
A desperately false equivalence. Evidence and Claim or not equivalent.

Just like your claim that the Canaanites actively "invented" a god has no evidence.
dee-em
Posts: 7,969
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 10:11:49 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 10/16/2016 11:02:23 PM, Silly_Billy wrote:
At 10/16/2016 7:05:23 PM, Fly wrote:
At 10/16/2016 4:48:56 PM, Silly_Billy wrote:
At 10/16/2016 4:36:16 PM, cedertree wrote:
The scientific world is ever investigating our past and present. Through evidence and Occam's razor the only reason to hold on to the iron age idea of gods is the fear of cessation of existence. However, to give the devil his due, (so to speak) it is still a powerful force in America.

I am just wondering... using Occam's razor as a tool, wouldn't using that tool actually hint that the existence of God is far more likely than the non-existence of God as the idea of God having created the universe would actually answer a lot of questions that we are currently unable to answer?

I don't agree with that. Positing God as an answer for the origins of the universe leads to many, many more unanswerable questions about God, its nature, its intentions, and how it creates, of course. It is akin to saying, "I don't know" but without the fortitude and honesty to admit it upfront.

I am certain that I can ask a whole lot more questions about the universe if God does not exist than you can ask about God if God does exist.

Go ahead. Every question you ask about the universe (not an intelligent entity) can be asked for God (an intelligent entity). God will always have more questions because of being conceived as an intelligent entity.

Nevertheless, the point that I am trying to make is not that God exists but that Occam's Razor is not a tool that can be used to find a truth, it can only point us into the direction where the truth can most likely be found.

Agreed. The simpler solution, with fewer assumptions, is usually the correct one.
Fatihah: It's like your mother making spaghetti and after you taste it and don't like it, you say "well my mom must not exist". Not because their is no logical evidence but because she doesn't do what you want.
bulproof
Posts: 29,083
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 10:32:43 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 10/17/2016 9:41:57 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 6:50:34 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/17/2016 6:25:09 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 6:03:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/16/2016 10:11:22 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/16/2016 12:49:51 PM, bulproof wrote:
We have yahweh, he is found in a pantheon of Canaanite gods, gets promoted to first league and all of a sudden becomes the creator of the universe.
Now tell me that you actually believe this crap, I mean really?

This is a horrible argument. One could say the same thing about evolution. Darwin wrote his book in 1859. Does that mean it didn't happen since it took so long to be pondered? Ridiculous.
5000yrs ago the Canaanites invented one of their gods as Yahweh, no record of it's existence before then, that makes it 5000yrs old.
Evidence going back billions of years supports Darwin and you don't have any evidence for yahweh.

My point is just because no one spoke of evolution until the 1850s is no reason to doubt it.... in the same way, just because no one called God Yahweh until 5000 years ago doesn't mean He didn't exist prior to that time.
A desperately false equivalence. Evidence and Claim or not equivalent.


Just like your claim that the Canaanites actively "invented" a god has no evidence.
What history do you have that contradicts my claim, btw I have your bible as my evidence.
No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means.
George Bernard Shaw
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,931
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 6:13:57 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 10/17/2016 10:32:43 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/17/2016 9:41:57 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 6:50:34 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/17/2016 6:25:09 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 6:03:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/16/2016 10:11:22 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/16/2016 12:49:51 PM, bulproof wrote:
We have yahweh, he is found in a pantheon of Canaanite gods, gets promoted to first league and all of a sudden becomes the creator of the universe.
Now tell me that you actually believe this crap, I mean really?

This is a horrible argument. One could say the same thing about evolution. Darwin wrote his book in 1859. Does that mean it didn't happen since it took so long to be pondered? Ridiculous.
5000yrs ago the Canaanites invented one of their gods as Yahweh, no record of it's existence before then, that makes it 5000yrs old.
Evidence going back billions of years supports Darwin and you don't have any evidence for yahweh.

My point is just because no one spoke of evolution until the 1850s is no reason to doubt it.... in the same way, just because no one called God Yahweh until 5000 years ago doesn't mean He didn't exist prior to that time.
A desperately false equivalence. Evidence and Claim or not equivalent.


Just like your claim that the Canaanites actively "invented" a god has no evidence.
What history do you have that contradicts my claim, btw I have your bible as my evidence.

You're claiming since something wasn't mentioned until 5,000 years ago, it doesn't exist. So with that in mind, here's my evidence against evolution... it wasn't mentioned until the 1800s.
bulproof
Posts: 29,083
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 3:51:40 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 10/17/2016 6:13:57 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 10:32:43 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/17/2016 9:41:57 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 6:50:34 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/17/2016 6:25:09 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 6:03:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/16/2016 10:11:22 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/16/2016 12:49:51 PM, bulproof wrote:
We have yahweh, he is found in a pantheon of Canaanite gods, gets promoted to first league and all of a sudden becomes the creator of the universe.
Now tell me that you actually believe this crap, I mean really?

This is a horrible argument. One could say the same thing about evolution. Darwin wrote his book in 1859. Does that mean it didn't happen since it took so long to be pondered? Ridiculous.
5000yrs ago the Canaanites invented one of their gods as Yahweh, no record of it's existence before then, that makes it 5000yrs old.
Evidence going back billions of years supports Darwin and you don't have any evidence for yahweh.

My point is just because no one spoke of evolution until the 1850s is no reason to doubt it.... in the same way, just because no one called God Yahweh until 5000 years ago doesn't mean He didn't exist prior to that time.
A desperately false equivalence. Evidence and Claim or not equivalent.


Just like your claim that the Canaanites actively "invented" a god has no evidence.
What history do you have that contradicts my claim, btw I have your bible as my evidence.


You're claiming since something wasn't mentioned until 5,000 years ago, it doesn't exist. So with that in mind, here's my evidence against evolution... it wasn't mentioned until the 1800s.
This is why you lot are so afraid of the word evidence.
ToE was first mentioned 150yrs ago and since then mountains of evidence has been discovered to support the ToE and the existence of life on this planet for 3 billion years.
Your god was first mentioned 5 thousand years ago and absolutely no evidence can be found for it's existence let alone evidence of it's existence before it's first mention.
No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means.
George Bernard Shaw
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,931
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 9:38:17 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 10/18/2016 3:51:40 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/17/2016 6:13:57 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 10:32:43 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/17/2016 9:41:57 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 6:50:34 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/17/2016 6:25:09 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 6:03:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/16/2016 10:11:22 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/16/2016 12:49:51 PM, bulproof wrote:
We have yahweh, he is found in a pantheon of Canaanite gods, gets promoted to first league and all of a sudden becomes the creator of the universe.
Now tell me that you actually believe this crap, I mean really?

This is a horrible argument. One could say the same thing about evolution. Darwin wrote his book in 1859. Does that mean it didn't happen since it took so long to be pondered? Ridiculous.
5000yrs ago the Canaanites invented one of their gods as Yahweh, no record of it's existence before then, that makes it 5000yrs old.
Evidence going back billions of years supports Darwin and you don't have any evidence for yahweh.

My point is just because no one spoke of evolution until the 1850s is no reason to doubt it.... in the same way, just because no one called God Yahweh until 5000 years ago doesn't mean He didn't exist prior to that time.
A desperately false equivalence. Evidence and Claim or not equivalent.


Just like your claim that the Canaanites actively "invented" a god has no evidence.
What history do you have that contradicts my claim, btw I have your bible as my evidence.


You're claiming since something wasn't mentioned until 5,000 years ago, it doesn't exist. So with that in mind, here's my evidence against evolution... it wasn't mentioned until the 1800s.
This is why you lot are so afraid of the word evidence.
ToE was first mentioned 150yrs ago and since then mountains of evidence has been discovered to support the ToE and the existence of life on this planet for 3 billion years.
Your god was first mentioned 5 thousand years ago and absolutely no evidence can be found for it's existence let alone evidence of it's existence before it's first mention.

Except, according to you and your evidence, there is. As you have said, your evidence is the Bible. Well, the Bible records Yahweh talking with others, so clearly He exists. Thanks for proving my side of the God debate by accepting the Bible as evidence....

Bracing for a flip flop.... in 3, 2, 1.
bulproof
Posts: 29,083
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 12:54:29 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 10/18/2016 9:38:17 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/18/2016 3:51:40 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/17/2016 6:13:57 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 10:32:43 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/17/2016 9:41:57 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 6:50:34 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/17/2016 6:25:09 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 6:03:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/16/2016 10:11:22 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/16/2016 12:49:51 PM, bulproof wrote:
We have yahweh, he is found in a pantheon of Canaanite gods, gets promoted to first league and all of a sudden becomes the creator of the universe.
Now tell me that you actually believe this crap, I mean really?

This is a horrible argument. One could say the same thing about evolution. Darwin wrote his book in 1859. Does that mean it didn't happen since it took so long to be pondered? Ridiculous.
5000yrs ago the Canaanites invented one of their gods as Yahweh, no record of it's existence before then, that makes it 5000yrs old.
Evidence going back billions of years supports Darwin and you don't have any evidence for yahweh.

My point is just because no one spoke of evolution until the 1850s is no reason to doubt it.... in the same way, just because no one called God Yahweh until 5000 years ago doesn't mean He didn't exist prior to that time.
A desperately false equivalence. Evidence and Claim or not equivalent.


Just like your claim that the Canaanites actively "invented" a god has no evidence.
What history do you have that contradicts my claim, btw I have your bible as my evidence.


You're claiming since something wasn't mentioned until 5,000 years ago, it doesn't exist. So with that in mind, here's my evidence against evolution... it wasn't mentioned until the 1800s.
This is why you lot are so afraid of the word evidence.
ToE was first mentioned 150yrs ago and since then mountains of evidence has been discovered to support the ToE and the existence of life on this planet for 3 billion years.
Your god was first mentioned 5 thousand years ago and absolutely no evidence can be found for it's existence let alone evidence of it's existence before it's first mention.

Except, according to you and your evidence, there is. As you have said, your evidence is the Bible. Well, the Bible records Yahweh talking with others, so clearly He exists. Thanks for proving my side of the God debate by accepting the Bible as evidence....


Bracing for a flip flop.... in 3, 2, 1.
For 5000yrs apparently, but certainly not before that. So says the bible.
No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means.
George Bernard Shaw
bulproof
Posts: 29,083
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 12:59:47 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 10/18/2016 12:54:29 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/18/2016 9:38:17 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/18/2016 3:51:40 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/17/2016 6:13:57 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 10:32:43 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/17/2016 9:41:57 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 6:50:34 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/17/2016 6:25:09 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 6:03:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/16/2016 10:11:22 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/16/2016 12:49:51 PM, bulproof wrote:
We have yahweh, he is found in a pantheon of Canaanite gods, gets promoted to first league and all of a sudden becomes the creator of the universe.
Now tell me that you actually believe this crap, I mean really?

This is a horrible argument. One could say the same thing about evolution. Darwin wrote his book in 1859. Does that mean it didn't happen since it took so long to be pondered? Ridiculous.
5000yrs ago the Canaanites invented one of their gods as Yahweh, no record of it's existence before then, that makes it 5000yrs old.
Evidence going back billions of years supports Darwin and you don't have any evidence for yahweh.

My point is just because no one spoke of evolution until the 1850s is no reason to doubt it.... in the same way, just because no one called God Yahweh until 5000 years ago doesn't mean He didn't exist prior to that time.
A desperately false equivalence. Evidence and Claim or not equivalent.


Just like your claim that the Canaanites actively "invented" a god has no evidence.
What history do you have that contradicts my claim, btw I have your bible as my evidence.


You're claiming since something wasn't mentioned until 5,000 years ago, it doesn't exist. So with that in mind, here's my evidence against evolution... it wasn't mentioned until the 1800s.
This is why you lot are so afraid of the word evidence.
ToE was first mentioned 150yrs ago and since then mountains of evidence has been discovered to support the ToE and the existence of life on this planet for 3 billion years.
Your god was first mentioned 5 thousand years ago and absolutely no evidence can be found for it's existence let alone evidence of it's existence before it's first mention.

Except, according to you and your evidence, there is. As you have said, your evidence is the Bible. Well, the Bible records Yahweh talking with others, so clearly He exists. Thanks for proving my side of the God debate by accepting the Bible as evidence....


Bracing for a flip flop.... in 3, 2, 1.
For 5000yrs apparently, but certainly not before that. So says the bible.
BTW the evidence for which I was referencing the bible was the claim that the Canaanites invented your god, that actually proves that your god doesn't exist.
No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means.
George Bernard Shaw
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,931
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 5:12:13 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 10/18/2016 12:54:29 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/18/2016 9:38:17 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/18/2016 3:51:40 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/17/2016 6:13:57 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 10:32:43 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/17/2016 9:41:57 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 6:50:34 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/17/2016 6:25:09 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 6:03:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/16/2016 10:11:22 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/16/2016 12:49:51 PM, bulproof wrote:
We have yahweh, he is found in a pantheon of Canaanite gods, gets promoted to first league and all of a sudden becomes the creator of the universe.
Now tell me that you actually believe this crap, I mean really?

This is a horrible argument. One could say the same thing about evolution. Darwin wrote his book in 1859. Does that mean it didn't happen since it took so long to be pondered? Ridiculous.
5000yrs ago the Canaanites invented one of their gods as Yahweh, no record of it's existence before then, that makes it 5000yrs old.
Evidence going back billions of years supports Darwin and you don't have any evidence for yahweh.

My point is just because no one spoke of evolution until the 1850s is no reason to doubt it.... in the same way, just because no one called God Yahweh until 5000 years ago doesn't mean He didn't exist prior to that time.
A desperately false equivalence. Evidence and Claim or not equivalent.


Just like your claim that the Canaanites actively "invented" a god has no evidence.
What history do you have that contradicts my claim, btw I have your bible as my evidence.


You're claiming since something wasn't mentioned until 5,000 years ago, it doesn't exist. So with that in mind, here's my evidence against evolution... it wasn't mentioned until the 1800s.
This is why you lot are so afraid of the word evidence.
ToE was first mentioned 150yrs ago and since then mountains of evidence has been discovered to support the ToE and the existence of life on this planet for 3 billion years.
Your god was first mentioned 5 thousand years ago and absolutely no evidence can be found for it's existence let alone evidence of it's existence before it's first mention.

Except, according to you and your evidence, there is. As you have said, your evidence is the Bible. Well, the Bible records Yahweh talking with others, so clearly He exists. Thanks for proving my side of the God debate by accepting the Bible as evidence....


Bracing for a flip flop.... in 3, 2, 1.
For 5000yrs apparently, but certainly not before that. So says the bible.

Where?