Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

Pop. atheists shirk explaining their thoughts

Jestkidding
Posts: 8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 3:16:27 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
I don't get why atheists like to claim they do not have to explain themselves. Atheists seem to think merely saying no-one proves God as sufficient to discount it, however this is a fallacy, argument from ignorance. Resting on lack of evidence by another side to prove your point is poor argumentation. So, please, atheist fans of popular atheists, state your reasons for non-belief! It's embarrassing to other atheists and makes us seem clueless.
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 3:27:56 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/18/2016 3:16:27 AM, Jestkidding wrote:
I don't get why atheists like to claim they do not have to explain themselves. Atheists seem to think merely saying no-one proves God as sufficient to discount it, however this is a fallacy, argument from ignorance. Resting on lack of evidence by another side to prove your point is poor argumentation. So, please, atheist fans of popular atheists, state your reasons for non-belief! It's embarrassing to other atheists and makes us seem clueless.

You've got it arse backwards.
Goddist claims the existence of gods.
Me awaits evidence from goddist in support of his claim.
No evidence forthcoming from goddist.
Claim rejected.
Gods don't exist.
Gods are merely a claim made by goddists much the same as unicorns are a claim made by unicornists.
Neither claim is worth a second glance.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
intellectuallyprimitive
Posts: 1,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 3:42:47 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/18/2016 3:16:27 AM, Jestkidding wrote:
I don't get why atheists like to claim they do not have to explain themselves. Atheists seem to think merely saying no-one proves God as sufficient to discount it, however this is a fallacy, argument from ignorance. Resting on lack of evidence by another side to prove your point is poor argumentation. So, please, atheist fans of popular atheists, state your reasons for non-belief! It's embarrassing to other atheists and makes us seem clueless.

I am not convinced. The claims positing a god are not compelling, it is that simple.

Should you provide a basis for YOUR belief, we can both examine it and extrapolate.
Canuck
Posts: 164
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 3:43:11 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/18/2016 3:16:27 AM, Jestkidding wrote:
I don't get why atheists like to claim they do not have to explain themselves. Atheists seem to think merely saying no-one proves God as sufficient to discount it, however this is a fallacy, argument from ignorance. Resting on lack of evidence by another side to prove your point is poor argumentation. So, please, atheist fans of popular atheists, state your reasons for non-belief! It's embarrassing to other atheists and makes us seem clueless.

What???
The position of non-belief is the logical starting point.
And we don't need proof of god, some reasonable evidence could turn me agnostic. But so far no one has presented me with any evidence whatsoever that makes me believe in any god.
Silly_Billy
Posts: 641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 3:45:34 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/18/2016 3:16:27 AM, Jestkidding wrote:
I don't get why atheists like to claim they do not have to explain themselves. Atheists seem to think merely saying no-one proves God as sufficient to discount it, however this is a fallacy, argument from ignorance. Resting on lack of evidence by another side to prove your point is poor argumentation. So, please, atheist fans of popular atheists, state your reasons for non-belief! It's embarrassing to other atheists and makes us seem clueless.

Well I am truly an atheist but for my two cents, the problem that I have is not the idea of God but the religions that claim that they alone know what God wants and that we must therefore do what they say, or "else"... Anyone can write a text and call it a religion as the Pastafarianists have proven but should we really accept the Flying Spaghetti Monster as the one and only God? And if not, then why should anyone accept the God from the Bible or the God from the Koran as the one and only God?

Besides, religion seems to be hell bend on discrediting any scientific truths that tell another story as the fairytales written down in their Holy Books which rather discredits those religions.
missmedic
Posts: 386
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 4:41:29 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/18/2016 3:16:27 AM, Jestkidding wrote:
I don't get why atheists like to claim they do not have to explain themselves. Atheists seem to think merely saying no-one proves God as sufficient to discount it, however this is a fallacy, argument from ignorance. Resting on lack of evidence by another side to prove your point is poor argumentation. So, please, atheist fans of popular atheists, state your reasons for non-belief! It's embarrassing to other atheists and makes us seem clueless.

Like all the thousands of gods invented by men over thousands of years, they are all myths, all. And they existed only because of belief not proof. Gods are not proven, gods are believed in, and I do not believe in any gods, there is no need to. Even if gods were real, there would be no need to believe in them. Believing in something does not make it true.
Gods only exist in the imagination, just like supernatural knowledge and there explanations.

It is the god's attributes that need to be proven not the god.
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 11:16:53 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/18/2016 3:16:27 AM, Jestkidding wrote:
I don't get why atheists like to claim they do not have to explain themselves.

Because they don't. Atheism is the default position.

Atheists seem to think merely saying no-one proves God as sufficient to discount it, however this is a fallacy, argument from ignorance.

Wouldn't that be the ignorance of the God argument? If the God argument does not fulfill its burden, there is not reason to move from the default.

Resting on lack of evidence by another side to prove your point is poor argumentation.

Its not argumentation. Its literally asking the claimant to satisfy their own argument first.

So, please, atheist fans of popular atheists, state your reasons for non-belief! It's embarrassing to other atheists and makes us seem clueless.

-sniff sniff- Smells like theo-plant.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Willows
Posts: 2,031
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 12:53:52 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/18/2016 3:16:27 AM, Jestkidding wrote:
I don't get why atheists like to claim they do not have to explain themselves. Atheists seem to think merely saying no-one proves God as sufficient to discount it, however this is a fallacy, argument from ignorance. Resting on lack of evidence by another side to prove your point is poor argumentation. So, please, atheist fans of popular atheists, state your reasons for non-belief! It's embarrassing to other atheists and makes us seem clueless.

There are approximately 10,000 Gods worshipped all over the world. Most followers worship the god that happens to be exclusive to their culture or region and all followers claim that their particular God is the only one.

They cannot all be right, so it is quite reasonable to assume that they are all wrong.
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 1:48:14 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/18/2016 12:53:52 PM, Willows wrote:
At 10/18/2016 3:16:27 AM, Jestkidding wrote:
I don't get why atheists like to claim they do not have to explain themselves. Atheists seem to think merely saying no-one proves God as sufficient to discount it, however this is a fallacy, argument from ignorance. Resting on lack of evidence by another side to prove your point is poor argumentation. So, please, atheist fans of popular atheists, state your reasons for non-belief! It's embarrassing to other atheists and makes us seem clueless.

There are approximately 10,000 Gods worshipped all over the world. Most followers worship the god that happens to be exclusive to their culture or region and all followers claim that their particular God is the only one.

They cannot all be right, so it is quite reasonable to assume that they are all wrong.

Unless just one of them becomes right, this would open the door to considerations that all of them are correct. Right? God and gods, and in your case of personal admittance, the belief in a goddess. This now makes you a liar. Liars, lying to themselves and others to stand for a symbol instead of walking past their selfish needs for the comforts of conformity. These uniformities of fenced minds are limited from stretching beyond the purpose for the symbol. The eye in the sky is looking down on you, watching everything you do. What you do here today determines what your purpose will be for tomorrow. If you cannot separate yourself from the masses of disillusioned thinkers, thinking only what they are told instead of following their innate virtues given from birth, they will never become born into the horizons of the new world coming.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 1:51:15 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/18/2016 3:16:27 AM, Jestkidding wrote:
I don't get why atheists like to claim they do not have to explain themselves. Atheists seem to think merely saying no-one proves God as sufficient to discount it, however this is a fallacy, argument from ignorance. Resting on lack of evidence by another side to prove your point is poor argumentation. So, please, atheist fans of popular atheists, state your reasons for non-belief! It's embarrassing to other atheists and makes us seem clueless.

It is not really a fallacy to say that insufficient evidence exists to prove a claim.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 2:21:18 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/18/2016 3:16:27 AM, Jestkidding wrote:
I don't get why atheists like to claim they do not have to explain themselves. Atheists seem to think merely saying no-one proves God as sufficient to discount it, however this is a fallacy, argument from ignorance. Resting on lack of evidence by another side to prove your point is poor argumentation. So, please, atheist fans of popular atheists, state your reasons for non-belief! It's embarrassing to other atheists and makes us seem clueless.

You are mistaken. Atheists for the most part have stated that there is insufficient evidence to accept the assertion that your God or any other exists. One does not need to 'rest' on lack of evidence, one must provide evidence of the validity of an assertion. Theists make the assertion (my God [gods, goddess, etc.] exists) and atheists simply say 'show me'. So far, no one has been able to provide factual, testable, potentially falsifiable evidence for any god or deity. In fact, many theists assert that physical evidence is not possible since their particular deity isn't a material being and resort to specious logic to 'prove' their claim. So, when you can provide evidence for your assertion, most atheists will give it a fair chance. Until then your assertion is simply rejected.
Willows
Posts: 2,031
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2016 8:09:16 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/18/2016 1:48:14 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 10/18/2016 12:53:52 PM, Willows wrote:
At 10/18/2016 3:16:27 AM, Jestkidding wrote:
I don't get why atheists like to claim they do not have to explain themselves. Atheists seem to think merely saying no-one proves God as sufficient to discount it, however this is a fallacy, argument from ignorance. Resting on lack of evidence by another side to prove your point is poor argumentation. So, please, atheist fans of popular atheists, state your reasons for non-belief! It's embarrassing to other atheists and makes us seem clueless.

There are approximately 10,000 Gods worshipped all over the world. Most followers worship the god that happens to be exclusive to their culture or region and all followers claim that their particular God is the only one.

They cannot all be right, so it is quite reasonable to assume that they are all wrong.

Unless just one of them becomes right, this would open the door to considerations that all of them are correct. Right? God and gods, and in your case of personal admittance, the belief in a goddess. This now makes you a liar. Liars, lying to themselves and others to stand for a symbol instead of walking past their selfish needs for the comforts of conformity. These uniformities of fenced minds are limited from stretching beyond the purpose for the symbol. The eye in the sky is looking down on you, watching everything you do. What you do here today determines what your purpose will be for tomorrow. If you cannot separate yourself from the masses of disillusioned thinkers, thinking only what they are told instead of following their innate virtues given from birth, they will never become born into the horizons of the new world coming.

That's what they all say.
You have just precisely illustrated the point.