Jump to topic:

The Pope is going to hell.

gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 5:02:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have plenty to say, but I will let someone else start. I don't believe in hell, but if there were a hell, the current Pope would go and join many of his predecessors. Pass...
Charles0103
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 8:13:26 PM
"You will be judged as you judge yourself," --Jesus on the Sermon of the Mount, somewhere in Matthew 5 (too lazy to get an exact verse)

Idk. Maybe, maybe not. I don't judge that.
"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Jesus in Luke 11:9-10
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 9:27:28 PM
At 1/17/2011 8:13:26 PM, Charles0103 wrote:
"You will be judged as you judge yourself," --Jesus on the Sermon of the Mount, somewhere in Matthew 5 (too lazy to get an exact verse)

LOL! You don't think good people have the right to judge bad people?
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 9:35:32 PM
Ah yes.. The Catholic Church.. Modern day pharisees.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Jarjar3000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 10:57:34 PM
Who is the Pope?
Ohh Lord How you love me, you change my heart and soul, renewing my mind into something I could never imagine, You make me strong when I am weak, you encourage me when I'm despaired, You stick by me when everyone deserts me, You are my Lord You are my God.

Charles: I'm not a Christian because I'm afraid of hell, I'm a Christian because I love Jesus.

Geolaureate: The Pope
He looks like a Sith lord, I don't trust him.

Charles0103: Just like my God, my faith won't change.
HatedeatH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 10:59:28 PM
At 1/17/2011 10:57:34 PM, Jarjar3000 wrote:
Who is the Pope?

Seriously???
vardas0antras: If Muhammad is great then why didn't he stop 911 ?
gavin.ogden: He was too busy starting it.
the-good-teacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 3:59:12 AM

Are you also too lazy to quote the statement in the correct context ?

Matt 7:2 "For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again".

The Pope here is being judged according to the word of God, this is our Cannon, our rule,
I for one welcome my own judgement day with open arms, as I do for anyone who has been blessed with grace. "Ye shall know them by their fruits" I know the Pope's Satanic fruits and he ill perish if he doesn't change ! - and any Pope before his that did not change is in the lake of fire !
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 6:59:41 AM
At 1/18/2011 4:43:46 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
The one true chruch.

The new Pro Condom if-you-have-AIDS thing turned me off Catholicism.

I thought they were Pro-condom for gay sex... as there's no chance of pregnancy anyways.. so people might as well better protect themselves.

were they pro-condom for heterosexual relations, if the people are diseased, as well???
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 7:09:56 AM
At 1/18/2011 6:59:41 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
The one true chruch.

I thought they were Pro-condom for gay sex... as there's no chance of pregnancy anyways.. so people might as well better protect themselves.
The don't accept homosexuality or condom at all.

were they pro-condom for heterosexual relations, if the people are diseased, as well???
Until recently it was no sex unless you were married, but, after liberal pressure and criticism they allowed condoms for married couples with AIDS.

Kinda stupid, I mean a change because THE PEOPLE wanted to.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 7:19:18 AM
The one true chruch.

Yes because the duty of Christ's regent on earth is to encourage the spread of AIDS.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 7:41:37 AM
The Pope here is being judged according to the word of God, this is our Cannon, our rule,
I for one welcome my own judgement day with open arms, as I do for anyone who has been blessed with grace. "Ye shall know them by their fruits" I know the Pope's Satanic fruits and he ill perish if he doesn't change ! - and any Pope before his that did not change is in the lake of fire !:

You sound quite pleased with that outcome.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 7:44:58 AM
The one true chruch.

The new Pro Condom if-you-have-AIDS thing turned me off Catholicism.:

That's all that turned you off to Catholicism? Not he kiddie fondling or the gold-plated Vatican?

I find it hard to believe anyone that reads the bible could interpret it as Catholics do. It literally astounds me. You'd think they would see parallels from the Pharisees and themselves.... You'd think.... Guess not.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 7:47:05 AM
At 1/18/2011 7:19:18 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
The one true chruch.

Yes because the duty of Christ's regent on earth is to encourage the spread of AIDS.:

I lol'd, but I think he's making the point that it's hypocritical to dissuade people from using condoms to ever get AIDS in the first place, only to advocate that people with AIDS use them.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 8:02:43 AM
At 1/18/2011 7:09:56 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 1/18/2011 6:59:41 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
The one true chruch.

The don't accept homosexuality or condom at all.

They can disapprove of homosexuality and other non children bearing intercourse (condoms in heterosexual intercourse)...

without disapproving of condoms completely.

sure... they say people Shouldn't have gay sex.. But GIVEN that people are having gay sex... using condoms (from the Church's perspective.. IF they care about people's health/well being) would make sense.
The condom in no way compounds the sin... as the sperm already doesn't stand a chance... so all it does is prevent disease.

now... sure.. many christians seem to think Aids(std's) is the wrath of God upon sinners... so it would be inconsistant with many christian's beliefs..

but I don't think the Catholic church has officially suggested such a thing (at least not recently)

Until recently it was no sex unless you were married, but, after liberal pressure and criticism they allowed condoms for married couples with AIDS.

oh... didn't know that.

Kinda stupid, I mean a change because THE PEOPLE wanted to.
agreed... undermines their supposed authority... and the idea of Absolute Rights/wrongs...
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 9:27:25 AM
At 1/18/2011 7:44:58 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
I find it hard to believe anyone that reads the bible could interpret it as Catholics do. It literally astounds me. You'd think they would see parallels from the Pharisees and themselves.... You'd think.... Guess not.

I think the Catholic church is a big practical joke.

I used to call it Christianity for people who don't read the bible.

Now? I think they know exactly what they are doing. The Catholic Church's teaching method has not changed much since the middle ages.

Just think of everything the Catholic Church does as a metaphor. Every piece of art is trying to teach something, every action is meant to teach something..

EVERYTHING.

*cougheventouchinglittleboysandgirlscough*

Not to go all Dan Brown on everyone's @ss(and don't take that as me endorsing his books as anything but fiction), but I'm of the opinion that the Catholic Church teaches through symbolism.

When I was deep in my religious studies, I stepped into a Catholic Church for the first time, and nearly EVERYTHING jumped out at me.

The freakiest thing of all though was when I looked at a pamphlet that told about becoming a priest. I noticed that the number at 666 right in it. Yeah, ok, whatever..

Then I called the number to ask some questions, and the extension of the guy that I had to talk to in regards to priesthood questions... His extension was 666.

At the time, this freaked me enough to hang up the phone in a cold sweat of superstitious magnitudes(whatever that means).

Later, I managed to get an appointment with one of the priests over there, and the first thing I asked him was.. "Does any of this bug you?". I didn't elaborate.

He knew exactly what I was talking about. The Catholic church bugged the hell out of the priest too, and we had a long discussion about it.

That said, I think it is an evil organization whose primary goal is global domination, and whose secondary goal is mind fvcking the hell out of superstitious people.

If you are superstitious, and want to start off on some kind of religious journey, no better place than the Catholic Church, I say.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Ogan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 12:57:22 PM
Please forgive the length of the following short example of the evil practices of the otherwise ‘holy' Catholic Church under its Moloch-like divinity at its head. Namely, the burning alive of many innocents in one small example in Germany.
Here is a curious list of some victims, many of whom were children between the ages of seven and eight years, and Protestants. "Of the multitudes of persons who perished at the stake in Germany during the first half of the seventeenth century for sorcery, the crime of many was their attachment to the religion of Luther," says T. Wright, " . . . and the petty princes were not unwilling to seize upon any pretence to fill their coffers . . . the persons most persecuted being those whose property was a matter of consideration. . . . At Bamberg, as well as at Wurzburg, the bishop was a sovereign prince in his dominions. The Prince-Bishop, John George II., who ruled Bamberg . . . after several unsuccessful attempts to root out Lutheranism, distinguished his reign by a series of sanguinary witch-trials, which disgrace the annals of that city. . . . We may form some notion of the proceedings of his worthy agent, from the statement of the most authentic historians, that between 1625 and 1630, not less than 900 trials took place in the two courts of Bamberg and Zeil; and a pamphlet published at Bamberg by authority, in 1659, states the number of persons whom Bishop John George had caused to be burned for sorcery, to have been 600."
Regretting that space should prevent our giving one of the most curious lists in the world of burned witches, we will nevertheless make a few extracts from the original record as printed in Hauber's Bibliotheca Magica. One glance at this horrible catalogue of murders in Christ's name, is sufficient to discover that out of 162 persons burned, more than one-half of them are designated as strangers (i.e., Protestants) in this hospitable town; and of the other half we find thirty-four children, the oldest of whom was fourteen, the youngest an infant child of Dr. Schutz. To make the catalogue shorter we will present of each of the twenty-nine burnings, but the most remarkable.

IN THE FIRST BURNING, FOUR PERSONS.
Old Ancker's widow.
The wife of Liebler.
The wife of Gutbrodt.
The wife of Hocker.
IN THE SECOND BURNING, FOUR PERSONS.
Two strange women (names unknown). The old wife of Beutler.
IN THE THIRD BURNING, FIVE PERSONS.
Tungersleber, a minstrel.
Four wives of citizens.
IN THE FOURTH BURNING, FIVE PERSONS.
A strange man.
IN THE FIFTH BURNING, NINE PERSONS.
Lutz, an eminent shop-keeper.
The wife of Baunach, a senator.
IN THE SIXTH BURNING, SIX PERSONS.
The fat tailor's wife.
A strange man.
A strange woman.
IN THE SEVENTH BURNING, SEVEN PERSONS.
A strange girl of twelve years old.
A strange man, a strange woman.
A strange bailiff (Schultheiss).
Three strange women.
IN THE EIGHTH BURNING, SEVEN PERSONS.
Baunach, a senator, the fattest citizen in Wurzburg.
A strange man.
Two strange women.
IN THE NINTH BURNING, FIVE PERSONS.
A strange man.
A mother and daughter.
IN THE TENTH BURNING, THREE PERSONS.
Steinacher, a very rich man.
A strange man, a strange woman.
IN THE ELEVENTH BURNING, FOUR PERSONS.
Two women and two men.
IN THE TWELFTH BURNING, TWO PERSONS.
Two strange women.
IN THE THIRTEENTH BURNING, FOUR PERSONS.
A little girl nine or ten years old.
A younger girl, her little sister.
IN THE FOURTEENTH BURNING, TWO PERSONS.
The mother of the two little girls before mentioned.
A girl twenty-four years old.
IN THE FIFTEENTH BURNING, TWO PERSONS.
A boy twelve years of age, in the first school.
A woman.
IN THE SIXTEENTH BURNING, SIX PERSONS.
A boy of ten years of age.
IN THE SEVENTEENTH BURNING, FOUR PERSONS.
A boy eleven years old.
A mother and daughter.
IN THE EIGHTEENTH BURNING, SIX PERSONS.
Two boys, twelve years old.
The daughter of Dr. Junge.
A girl of fifteen years of age.
A strange woman.
IN THE NINETEENTH BURNING, SIX PERSONS.
A boy of ten years of age.
Another boy, twelve years old.
IN THE TWENTIETH BURNING, SIX PERSONS.
Gobel's child, the most beautiful girl in Wurzburg.
Two boys, each twelve years old.
Stepper's little daughter.
IN THE TWENTY-FIRST BURNING, SIX PERSONS.
A boy fourteen years old.
The little son of Senator Stolzenberger.
Two alumni.
IN THE TWENTY-SECOND BURNING, SIX PERSONS.
Sturman, a rich cooper.
A strange boy.
IN THE TWENTY-THIRD BURNING, NINE PERSONS.
David Croten's boy, nine years old.
The two sons of the prince's cook, one fourteen, the other ten years old.
IN THE TWENTY-FOURTH BURNING, SEVEN PERSONS.
Two boys in the hospital.
A rich cooper.
IN THE TWENTY-FIFTH BURNING, SIX PERSONS.
A strange boy.
IN THE TWENTY-SIXTH BURNING, SEVEN PERSONS.
Weydenbush, a senator.
The little daughter of Valkenberger.
The little son of the town council bailiff.
IN THE TWENTY-SEVENTH BURNING, SEVEN PERSONS.
A strange boy.
A strange woman.
Another boy.
IN THE TWENTY-EIGHTH BURNING, SIX PERSONS.
The infant daughter of Dr. Schutz.
A blind girl.
IN THE TWENTY-NINTH BURNING, SEVEN PERSONS.
The fat noble lady (Edelfrau).
A doctor of divinity.
Item.
"Strange" men and women, i.e., Protestants, 28
Citizens, apparently all WEALTHY people, 100
Summary: Boys, girls, and little children, 34
In nineteen months, 162 persons.

"There were," says Wright, "little girls of from seven to ten years of age among the witches, and seven and twenty of them were convicted and burnt," at some of the other brande, or burnings. "The numbers brought to trial in these terrible proceedings were so great, and they were treated with so little consideration, that it was usual not even to take the trouble of setting down their names, but they were cited as the accused No. 1, No. 2, No. 3, and so on. The Jesuits took their confessions in private."
What room is there in a theology which exacts such holocausts as these to appease the bloody appetites of its priests for the following gentle words:
"Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not; for of such is the kingdom of Heaven." "Even so it is not the will of your Father . . . that one of these little ones should perish." "But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck and that he were drowned in the depths of the sea."
We sincerely hope that the above words have proved no vain threat to these child-burners.
* Besides these burnings in Germany, which amount to many thousands, we find some very interesting statements in Prof. Draper's "Conflict between Religion and Science." On page 146, he says: "The families of the convicted were plunged into irretrievable ruin. Llorente, the historian of the Inquisition, computes that Torquemada and his collaborators, in the course of eighteen years, burned at the stake 10,220 persons, 6,860 in effigy, and otherwise punished 97,321! . . . With unutterable disgust and indignation, we learn that the papal government realized much money by selling to the rich, dispensations to secure them from the Inquisition."
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 1:12:24 PM
Wow, the Pope is even more unpopular than I had originally suspected. What does it say about religions when their leaders and founders are such pieces of $hit?

Examples:

Abraham: Was going to kill his only son, and was a polygamist.
Muhammed: Huge piece of $hit. Rapist, pedophile, murderer. If there were a hell, this guy is the poster boy.
Joseph Smith: The Christian Muhammed.
The current Pope: Nazi piece of $hit, and criminal.

Jesus had some good views, but unfortunately many of his followers were/are completely sick and misinformed, and his message has been lost in translation. In summation, people are better than religion, so why do we still need it?
Ogan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 1:20:57 PM
At 1/18/2011 1:12:24 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
Wow, the Pope is even more unpopular than I had originally suspected. What does it say about religions when their leaders and founders are such pieces of $hit?

Examples:

Abraham: Was going to kill his only son, and was a polygamist.
Muhammed: Huge piece of $hit. Rapist, pedophile, murderer. If there were a hell, this guy is the poster boy.
Joseph Smith: The Christian Muhammed.
The current Pope: Nazi piece of $hit, and criminal.

Jesus had some good views, but unfortunately many of his followers were/are completely sick and misinformed, and his message has been lost in translation. In summation, people are better than religion, so why do we still need it?

Had not materialistic science tied the hands of the Roman Catholic Church it would be still carrying out it 'good work' until this day! The True Teachings however, are always loving, beautiful and wise, whereas, organised religions - apart from SOME of its Teachings - are always cruel, ugly and ignorant. All organised religions are based upon FEAR.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 1:25:24 PM
The Pope is not my leader.

Lots of "Christians" like to think of these rich guys as leaders. God is mine. Men are to corrupt.
kfc
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 1:41:53 PM
At 1/18/2011 1:25:24 PM, Koopin wrote:
The Pope is not my leader.

Lots of "Christians" like to think of these rich guys as leaders. God is mine. Men are to corrupt.

Nicely put, koopin.
Charles0103
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 4:41:06 PM
At 1/18/2011 3:59:12 AM, the-good-teacher wrote:

Are you also too lazy to quote the statement in the correct context ?

Matt 7:2 "For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again".

I for one welcome my own judgement day with open arms, as I do for anyone who has been blessed with grace. "Ye shall know them by their fruits" I know the Pope's Satanic fruits and he ill perish if he doesn't change ! - and any Pope before his that did not change is in the lake of fire !

Err, that verse means we will be judged by God in the same system we judge other men. Anyway, I was too lazy to get the exact verse as this isn't a debate, but I knew it was somewhere on the Sermon of the Mount.
"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Jesus in Luke 11:9-10
Jarjar3000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 11:16:08 PM
The Pope????
Catholic????
WHAT DOES ALL THIS MEANN?????
Ohh Lord How you love me, you change my heart and soul, renewing my mind into something I could never imagine, You make me strong when I am weak, you encourage me when I'm despaired, You stick by me when everyone deserts me, You are my Lord You are my God.

Charles: I'm not a Christian because I'm afraid of hell, I'm a Christian because I love Jesus.

gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2011 9:18:31 AM
At 1/18/2011 11:16:08 PM, Jarjar3000 wrote:
The Pope????
Catholic????
WHAT DOES ALL THIS MEANN?????

(puzzled)I know! Let's find the answers where you find ALL your other answers... The bible!(hahahaha!!!)
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2011 11:06:30 AM
Open a random page up in the bible, and point to a random verse.

It will be relevant to your life ,and that is what you must do.
Jarjar3000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2011 4:23:47 PM
Good Idea Gavin, I'm on it!