Jump to topic:

Is God Married?

Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 10:53:06 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
We hear that the Christian God made man in his own image and that, good Christians must marry and procreate, yet, no mention of a Mrs. God.

Is he just being a typical male chauvinist and keeps his wife hidden in the background somewhere?
Or maybe.........
Is he gay? After all, his one and only son was a surrogate birth.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 11:57:11 AM
At 10/20/2016 10:53:06 AM, Willows wrote:
We hear that the Christian God made man in his own image and that, good Christians must marry and procreate, yet, no mention of a Mrs. God.

Is he just being a typical male chauvinist and keeps his wife hidden in the background somewhere?
Or maybe.........

His a watcher
He don't care much for people . And 90% of the time it's chick's . His probly only seen you for about 2 second of your whole life.
He wants us to believe that his interested in our life. But the truth is , he couldn't care less. His great loves are beetles, stars, and round worms. That's why he made.
350,000 different beetles.
15,000 different species of round worms.
100 billion ++++ stars.
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 8:08:23 PM

He obviously can create without any pro. :)
keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 9:52:32 PM
Many scholars (and non-scholars like me!) belive the Hebrews/Jews took up strict monotheism quite late - most probably during the 6th centurty BCE in their Babylonian exile. There is plenty of textual and archaeological evidence that the Israelites worshiped the goddess Asherah as the consort of YHWH prior to the exile.

To quote from the Wikipedia article on Asherah,

"The association of Asherah with trees in the Hebrew bible is very strong. For example, she is found under trees (1K14:23; 2K 17:10)), is made of wood by human beings (1K 14:15, 2K16:3-4) and is erected by human beings (2K17:1). Trees described as being an asherah or part of an asherah include grapevines, pomegranates, walnuts, myrtles, and willows (Danby:1933:90,176).
Asherah poles, which were sacred trees or poles, are mentioned many times in the Hebrew Bible."
https://en.wikipedia.org...
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 10:08:56 PM

Or maybe.........

i think the mormons used to talk about a mrs God,then they got embarrassed and dropped it,though they did claim God married mary which made it ok for him to have sex with her ....
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 9:41:50 AM

Or maybe.........

And then the Lord said unto me.........I have 99 problems.

https://www.youtube.com...
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 4:47:10 PM
At 10/20/2016 10:08:56 PM, graceofgod wrote:

Or maybe.........

i think the mormons used to talk about a mrs God,then they got embarrassed and dropped it,though they did claim God married mary which made it ok for him to have sex with her ....

So, it wasn't okay for God to have sex with Mary? Or, did God rape Mary? Was it consensual sex, perhaps? That would make Mary an adulterer? What does the Bible say about adultery?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 5:16:15 PM
At 10/21/2016 4:47:10 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Or maybe.........

So, it wasn't okay for God to have sex with Mary? Or, did God rape Mary? Was it consensual sex, perhaps? That would make Mary an adulterer? What does the Bible say about adultery?

ask a mormon,i have no idea how they got that idea...
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 5:20:03 PM
At 10/21/2016 5:16:15 PM, graceofgod wrote:

Or maybe.........

I'm asking you. You're the alleged Christian. Isn't that how Jesus came to be?

Most likely, you'll dodge the question.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 5:23:13 PM
At 10/21/2016 5:20:03 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Or maybe.........

God never had sex with Mary....
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 5:23:56 PM
At 10/21/2016 5:23:13 PM, graceofgod wrote:

Or maybe.........

So, that would make the whole story of Jesus being born of Mary a lie?
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 5:25:41 PM
At 10/21/2016 5:23:56 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Or maybe.........

no not at all, I believe it was a miracle, God caused mary to become pregnant, with no sexual intercourse, the term, virgin Mary would kinda give that away...
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 6:53:42 PM
At 10/21/2016 5:25:41 PM, graceofgod wrote:

Or maybe.........

no not at all, I believe it was magic, God caused mary to become pregnant, with no sexual intercourse, the term, virgin Mary would kinda give that away...

The sheer massive stupidity of your response is duly noted, there was no expectation whatsoever of any kind of reasonable, rational answer from you.

Btw, who said Mary was a virgin, her HUSBAND, perhaps? LOL.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 8:05:53 PM

Or maybe.........

God is definitely gay. He created Adam first and only as an after thought he created Eve. If Adam was happy being alone and was gay. There would have been no need for Eve.
We also know from Secret Mark that Jesus was gay. He often blessed men in his private chamber at night, naked man with naked man. Jesus never married which was very unusual for a young Jew during his time.
The scriptures tell us it was through the Holy Spirit that Mary would conceive Jesus. So God was not the real father, the Holy Spirit was.
So it appears the Holy Spirit is really an extension that God used to impregnate Mary.
Jesus never had access to that extension. It was only after his death that the HS would descend on his disciples. But this time in a different role as comforter to those who felt inadequate.

John 14:26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

Matthew 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 9:12:35 PM
At 10/21/2016 6:53:42 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Or maybe.........

no not at all, I believe it was magic, God caused mary to become pregnant, with no sexual intercourse, the term, virgin Mary would kinda give that away...

The sheer massive stupidity of your response is duly noted, there was no expectation whatsoever of any kind of reasonable, rational answer from you.

why have you started changing posts, i said it was a miracle.... is that the only way you can handle a debate....

the bible says.....
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 9:20:36 PM

Or maybe.........

Funny
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Face-of-the-deep
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 4:58:50 AM
At 10/21/2016 9:20:36 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:

Or maybe.........

Funny

I think that if I sat around for gazillions of trillions of eons, with only my own spiritual fingers to keep me company, I might turn gay too.
After our Father in Heaven impregnated a virgin and failed to pay child support, while not calling most of his children (us), I'm still waiting patiently for his call, till Hell freezes over.
In the meantime I'll proceed with my life, as though He doesn't exist.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 1:06:12 PM
At 10/22/2016 4:58:50 AM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:

Or maybe.........

Funny

I think that if I sat around for gazillions of trillions of eons, with only my own spiritual fingers to keep me company, I might turn gay too.
After our Father in Heaven impregnated a virgin and failed to pay child support, while not calling most of his children (us), I'm still waiting patiently for his call, till Hell freezes over.

Also funny
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 1:07:59 PM
At 10/22/2016 1:06:12 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:

Or maybe.........

Funny

Also funny
But oh so frightening, hmmmmmm?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 1:11:10 PM
At 10/22/2016 1:07:59 PM, bulproof wrote:

Or maybe.........

Funny

Also funny

Why?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 1:17:13 PM
At 10/22/2016 1:11:10 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:

Or maybe.........

Funny

Also funny

Why?
That would be your beliefs, why don't you answer? Did your god divorce Asherah and you lot don't accept divorce?
Is it necessary for a family to have two parents? Talk to someone about Mary will you? The fun involved with all of the rules broken in the great book of rules is never ending and as you say funny as all hell.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 1:51:36 PM
At 10/22/2016 1:17:13 PM, bulproof wrote:

Or maybe.........

Funny

Also funny

Why?
That would be your beliefs, why don't you answer?

No one asked me a question

Did your god divorce Asherah and you lot don't accept divorce?

Who's asherah? Does this being exist?

Is it necessary for a family to have two parents? Talk to someone about Mary will you?

Jesus had two parents. (Assuming you're asking about Him)

The fun involved with all of the rules broken in the great book of rules is never ending and as you say funny as all hell.

What broken rules?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 1:57:53 PM
At 10/22/2016 1:51:36 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:

Or maybe.........

Funny

Also funny

Why?

Well spotted, it was your question that needed to be answered by you since it concerned your beliefs.

According to the bible she does. Do you believe that the information in the bible is true?

Is it necessary for a family to have two parents? Talk to someone about Mary will you?

You seem to be contradicting your holy book, is that just a continuation of the contradictions included in the bible as evidence of your belief?

The fun involved with all of the rules broken in the great book of rules is never ending and as you say funny as all hell.

What broken rules?
Have you not read the bible?
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 2:22:57 PM
At 10/22/2016 1:57:53 PM, bulproof wrote:

Or maybe.........

Funny

Also funny

Why?

Well spotted, it was your question that needed to be answered by you since it concerned your beliefs.

I don't remember asking one.

According to the bible she does.

Chapter and verse please... Where it says she exists.

Do you believe that the information in the bible is true?

Properly interpreted, yes.

You seem to be contradicting your holy book,

How?

is that just a continuation of the contradictions included in the bible as evidence of your belief?

You'd have to show me the contradictions first before I can respond.

What broken rules?

Yes. Now to my question.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 2:36:51 PM
At 10/22/2016 2:22:57 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:

Or maybe.........

Funny

Also funny

Why?

That would be 5lines above this.

That is the most pathetic response a godist ever resorts to. The "I'm really stupid and don't know what my bible says, but I'm an expert on the bible as well." As a bible basher you should know of the existence of Asherah, your lack of knowledge in that realm is an indictment on you and an endorsement of my knowledge by you. Thanks.

Do you believe that you have a heart? Is your answer Properly interpreted, yes.

How?
Who were his parents? Who brought him up? Were they his parents?

is that just a continuation of the contradictions included in the bible as evidence of your belief?

You'd need to read the bible, I don't have time to show them all but I'll leave you with the death of Judas as a starting point.

What broken rules?

Yes. Now to my question.
Do you have one?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 3:30:05 PM
At 10/21/2016 9:12:35 PM, graceofgod wrote:

Or maybe.........

why have you started changing posts, i said it was a miracle.... is that the only way you can handle a debate....

miracle=magic

the bible says.....

Yes, the Bible says lots of things you never follow. Most, if not all Christians are hypocrites when it comes to their cherry picked selections of what they want to believe and what they want to ignore.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 3:53:11 PM
At 10/22/2016 2:36:51 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/22/2016 2:22:57 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:

Or maybe.........

Funny

Also funny

Why?

That would be 5lines above this.

I don't remember saying those were my beliefs.

That is the most pathetic response a godist ever resorts to. The "I'm really stupid and don't know what my bible says, but I'm an expert on the bible as well." As a bible basher you should know of the existence of Asherah, your lack of knowledge in that realm is an indictment on you and an endorsement of my knowledge by you. Thanks.

First, I never claimed to be an expert. Please don't put words in my mouth. Second, is this your way of saying you cannot answer the question. You're the one making a positive claim, so any burden of proof would be on you.

Do you believe that you have a heart?

Yes.

Is your answer Properly interpreted, yes.

Yes.

How?
Who were his parents? Who brought him up? Were they his parents?

He is the Son of the Holy Spirit and Mary.

You'd need to read the bible, I don't have time to show them all but I'll leave you with the death of Judas as a starting point.

You're the one making the positive claim, so any burden of proof would be on you.
Saying the death of Judas is not an answer. Where's the contradiction?

What broken rules?

Yes. Now to my question.
Do you have one?

Yes. Now to my question. Can you answer it?
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 1:30:06 PM
At 10/22/2016 3:30:05 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Or maybe.........

miracle=magic

the bible says.....

Yes, the Bible says lots of things you never follow. Most, if not all Christians are hypocrites when it comes to their cherry picked selections of what they want to believe and what they want to ignore.

no miracle and magic are not the same, why change my words f they are the same??????????????????///

not proper Christians don't,,,,,,,,
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 2:48:40 PM
At 10/24/2016 1:30:06 PM, graceofgod wrote:

Or maybe.........

miracle=magic

the bible says.....

no miracle and magic are not the same, why change my words f they are the same??????????????????///

Yes, they are the same by definition. More evidence for a lack of education?

Speak English.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 2:53:05 PM
At 10/24/2016 2:48:40 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 10/24/2016 1:30:06 PM, graceofgod wrote:

Or maybe.........

miracle=magic

the bible says.....

Yes, they are the same by definition. More evidence for a lack of education?

Speak English.

that is English..lol