Jump to topic:

My Journey Part Two

Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 6:18:06 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
This had to be more than a coincidence. Just as I was reading the previous posts:
http://www.debate.org...
So far there is no proper answer, but I am sure it will come soon........
......I had a knock at the door and there was a gentleman all dressed up in a suit with his two children (they mustn't have been well, looking very sulky) who explained he has just what I am looking for.

He showed me the bible and explained how his group translated everything to show the real truth and that the CEO of the group (Jehosaphat I think the name was) was coming soon to take all its members to an exclusive resort for an unlimited stay.

I have to pay 10% of my income to join but he reckoned that is offset by the fact that I don't need to buy any more birthday or Christmas gifts.

Also, he said that the group loves everyone, excepting that is, "wordly" people....I just laughed and said that I don't like people who talk too much either. And he mentioned that no sexual perverts are allowed into the group, which is fair enough. Apparently these perverts like to hang out in some "peculiar" night clubs.

What blew me away was that I don't need to see a doctor anymore, they have special healers and this amazing technology that means, if I get scraped off the road I don't need a blood transfusion....shazaams!

This man knows a lot too, since he said that he has "witnessed" much in his life.

I mean this sounds like the real deal, so as soon as I get the confirmation from the other thread I reckon I'm going to sign up.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 9:07:48 AM
At 10/21/2016 6:18:06 AM, Willows wrote:
This had to be more than a coincidence. Just as I was reading the previous posts:
......I had a knock at the door and there was a gentleman all dressed up in a suit with his two children (they mustn't have been well, looking very sulky) who explained he has just what I am looking for.

He showed me the bible and explained how his group translated everything to show the real truth and that the CEO of the group (Jehosaphat I think the name was) was coming soon to take all its members to an exclusive resort for an unlimited stay.

I have to pay 10% of my income to join but he reckoned that is offset by the fact that I don't need to buy any more birthday or Christmas gifts.

Also, he said that the group loves everyone, excepting that is, "wordly" people....I just laughed and said that I don't like people who talk too much either. And he mentioned that no sexual perverts are allowed into the group, which is fair enough. Apparently these perverts like to hang out in some "peculiar" night clubs.

What blew me away was that I don't need to see a doctor anymore, they have special healers and this amazing technology that means, if I get scraped off the road I don't need a blood transfusion....shazaams!

This man knows a lot too, since he said that he has "witnessed" much in his life.

I mean this sounds like the real deal, so as soon as I get the confirmation from the other thread I reckon I'm going to sign up.

Their first aim is they tempt you so that you would try to join their group by bribing you a supernatural healer. Tell them, why don't they simply go to the hospital and heal people there.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 9:28:36 AM
At 10/21/2016 9:07:48 AM, uncung wrote:

Their first aim is they tempt you so that you would try to join their group by bribing you a supernatural healer. Tell them, why don't they simply go to the hospital and heal people there.

Too many scientific, worldly, heathens there, that's why.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 10:15:08 AM

Your accountant here Willows.
I've just been over your finances, and it looks good .
For a 3 year membership that's 10% . You will actually save 14.3% that's 4.3 % p a* extra.
I also looked into this group of what they call witnesses, and they seem fair dinkum.
And they must be doing somthing right for they have been in business for 250 + years.
Before signing I ask you give me the weekend as I would like to look into this a little more.
Thanks for your time.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 10:27:11 AM
At 10/21/2016 10:15:08 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

Your accountant here Willows.
I've just been over your finances, and it looks good .
For a 3 year membership that's 10% . You will actually save 14.3% that's 4.3 % p a* extra.
I also looked into this group of what they call witnesses, and they seem fair dinkum.
And they must be doing somthing right for they have been in business for 250 + years.
Before signing I ask you give me the weekend as I would like to look into this a little more.
Thanks for your time.

Well, hurry up then Deb since this Jumping Jehosaphat guy is coming "soon".
I bet it's one of those resorts you have up your way. I've been to one near Brizzy for a couple of weeks, but for eternity?....there's only so many Margaritas and Pina Coladas you can down.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 10:54:08 AM

Well now, as you are expecting Jehosaphat Himself to shortly come and give an account of his behavior to you, you should have invited them to stay and meet Him with you. That would show them your true stature!

Confirmation from the other thread would just be yet another man claiming to be speaking for Jehosaphat. I've heard you don't like that. They don't send Information Ministers to meet Presidents. You are at the same level of this Jehosaphat big whig. You will not settle for less.

Let them know that they will forfeit the great privilege of your belief if they send anything less than the president Himself to meet and debrief you.

You are that important. Which is shy your belief is so important. Jehosaphat knows this. He'll buckle.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 11:04:25 AM
At 10/21/2016 10:54:08 AM, ethang5 wrote:

Well now, as you are expecting Jehosaphat Himself to shortly come and give an account of his behavior to you, you should have invited them to stay and meet Him with you. That would show them your true stature!

Confirmation from the other thread would just be yet another man claiming to be speaking for Jehosaphat. I've heard you don't like that. They don't send Information Ministers to meet Presidents. You are at the same level of this Jehosaphat big whig. You will not settle for less.

Let them know that they will forfeit the great privilege of your belief if they send anything less than the president Himself to meet and debrief you.

You are that important. Which is shy your belief is so important. Jehosaphat knows this. He'll buckle.
And that comes directly from one of his shambassadors.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 10:44:30 PM
Posted: 1 week ago

Before you sign up get a psychiatric evaluation because the Bible has no concept of mental illness. You might be spending the rest of your life getting enemas to free you from demons.

You can also read the link.

Bible lacks concept of mental illness.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 10:57:06 PM
Does this somehow prove that Jesus didn't exist? Jesus would have healed you for free and maybe poured you a glass of wine to sit down and break bread.
Osmium
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 3:47:36 AM

They came to my house too. Imagine that! It was too ladies in sensible shoes though. They were afraid of my 80 lb. pit bull and left quickly after shoving a watchtower brochure into my hand. They haven't come back. It sucks. I'm not going to get to sign up now.

Moral of this tale: if you own a pit bull you're probably going to hell.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 2:22:38 PM
At 11/21/2016 10:57:06 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
Does this somehow prove that Jesus didn't exist? Jesus would have healed you for free and maybe poured you a glass of wine to sit down and break bread.

Jesus couldn't even cure himself. His family saw him as a madman.
Mark 3:21 When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, "He is out of his mind."
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 5:02:12 PM
At 11/22/2016 2:22:38 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Mark 3:21 When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, "He is out of his mind."

Are you sure you are trained in scripture? You can't seem to understand anything. This was a story about Jesus casting out devils amongst man. The men saw Jesus doing this and claimed Jesus was Satan for only the devil can cast out devils, proclaimed the men. Jesus then stated:

22 And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils.

23 And he called them unto him, and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan?

24 And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.

25 And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.

26 And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.

Clearly Jesus is explaining how He can not be Satan. Can you understand this now?
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 5:55:33 PM
At 11/22/2016 5:02:12 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 11/22/2016 2:22:38 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Are you sure you are trained in scripture? You can't seem to understand anything. This was a story about Jesus casting out devils amongst man. The men saw Jesus doing this and claimed Jesus was Satan for only the devil can cast out devils, proclaimed the men. Jesus then stated:

22 And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils.

23 And he called them unto him, and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan?

24 And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.

25 And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.

26 And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.

Clearly Jesus is explaining how He can not be Satan. Can you understand this now?

Here again Jesus is speaking figuratively. He only spoke in parables which no one understood not even his disciples. He said a time would come when he would no longer speak figuratively, that he would speak plainly. That time never came. He was crucified shortly after.
Noticed, Jesus was so confused speaking to the crowd he denied having a family.

Mark 3:31 Then Jesus" mother and brothers arrived. Standing outside, they sent someone in to call him. 32 A crowd was sitting around him, and they told him, "Your mother and brothers are outside looking for you."

33 "Who are my mother and my brothers?" he asked.

Here is Jesus admitting he spoke only figuratively.
John 16:25 "Though I have been speaking figuratively, a time is coming when I will no longer use this kind of language but will tell you plainly about my Father.

That is why everything Christians know about Jesus's teachings are only figurative (metaphorical).

Figurative definition: departing from a literal use of words; metaphorical
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 8:14:08 PM
Haritroll. The guy hoe makes up his own words, and then he cannot understand them.

For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble; but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are, But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption,so that, just as it is written, "LET HIM WHO BOASTS, BOAST IN THE LORD." (1 Corinthians: 26-31 (NASB)
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 10:57:55 PM
At 11/22/2016 8:14:08 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
Haritroll. The guy hoe makes up his own words, and then he cannot understand them.

For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble; but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are, But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption,so that, just as it is written, "LET HIM WHO BOASTS, BOAST IN THE LORD." (1 Corinthians: 26-31 (NASB)

God did choose his foolish son Jesus to shame the wise. But Jesus was so foolishly incoherent no one understood him not even his disciples.

Luke 18:34 The disciples did not understand any of this. Its meaning was hidden from them, and they did not know what he was talking about.