Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

Which god would you worship?

bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 11:13:38 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
If you lived in Mesoamerica in 4000BC which god would have been the true god? Which god would you have worshiped?
Would it be the god of the bible?
Or maybe the koran?
Allegedly the god you worship now has always existed, why wouldn't you worship it in 4000BC Mesoamerica.
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 12:47:30 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/21/2016 11:13:38 AM, bulproof wrote:
If you lived in Mesoamerica in 4000BC which god would have been the true god? Which god would you have worshiped?
Would it be the god of the bible?
Or maybe the koran?
Allegedly the god you worship now has always existed, why wouldn't you worship it in 4000BC Mesoamerica.
C'mon godists, which god was the real god in 4000BC Mesoamerica?
uncung
Posts: 3,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 12:57:21 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/21/2016 11:13:38 AM, bulproof wrote:
If you lived in Mesoamerica in 4000BC which god would have been the true god? Which god would you have worshiped?
Would it be the god of the bible?
Or maybe the koran?
Allegedly the god you worship now has always existed, why wouldn't you worship it in 4000BC Mesoamerica.

I would worship the God that was introduced by the true holy figure at that place.
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 1:06:49 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/21/2016 12:57:21 PM, uncung wrote:
At 10/21/2016 11:13:38 AM, bulproof wrote:
If you lived in Mesoamerica in 4000BC which god would have been the true god? Which god would you have worshiped?
Would it be the god of the bible?
Or maybe the koran?
Allegedly the god you worship now has always existed, why wouldn't you worship it in 4000BC Mesoamerica.

I would worship the God that was introduced by the true holy figure at that place.
Who would determine the true holy figure was and why not the god introduced by your neighbouring tribes true holy figure?
uncung
Posts: 3,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 1:40:35 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/21/2016 1:06:49 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/21/2016 12:57:21 PM, uncung wrote:
At 10/21/2016 11:13:38 AM, bulproof wrote:
If you lived in Mesoamerica in 4000BC which god would have been the true god? Which god would you have worshiped?
Would it be the god of the bible?
Or maybe the koran?
Allegedly the god you worship now has always existed, why wouldn't you worship it in 4000BC Mesoamerica.

I would worship the God that was introduced by the true holy figure at that place.
Who would determine the true holy figure was and why not the god introduced by your neighbouring tribes true holy figure?

Me, it was me who would determine it. God always send holy figure to the certain place. However, I would not mind to follow the holy figure of neighboring tribes if theirs were true also.
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 1:48:24 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/21/2016 1:40:35 PM, uncung wrote:
At 10/21/2016 1:06:49 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/21/2016 12:57:21 PM, uncung wrote:
At 10/21/2016 11:13:38 AM, bulproof wrote:
If you lived in Mesoamerica in 4000BC which god would have been the true god? Which god would you have worshiped?
Would it be the god of the bible?
Or maybe the koran?
Allegedly the god you worship now has always existed, why wouldn't you worship it in 4000BC Mesoamerica.

I would worship the God that was introduced by the true holy figure at that place.
Who would determine the true holy figure was and why not the god introduced by your neighbouring tribes true holy figure?

Me, it was me who would determine it. God always send holy figure to the certain place. However, I would not mind to follow the holy figure of neighboring tribes if theirs were true also.
How could you tell?
Why not just make up your own god if you don't like theirs?
What about if the tribe two hills away had a truly holy figure and he had a different god all together? What would you do then? What god would you worship?
Would it be the god that YOU decided was real? Just like you do now?
uncung
Posts: 3,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 1:56:53 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/21/2016 1:48:24 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/21/2016 1:40:35 PM, uncung wrote:
At 10/21/2016 1:06:49 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/21/2016 12:57:21 PM, uncung wrote:
At 10/21/2016 11:13:38 AM, bulproof wrote:
If you lived in Mesoamerica in 4000BC which god would have been the true god? Which god would you have worshiped?
Would it be the god of the bible?
Or maybe the koran?
Allegedly the god you worship now has always existed, why wouldn't you worship it in 4000BC Mesoamerica.

I would worship the God that was introduced by the true holy figure at that place.
Who would determine the true holy figure was and why not the god introduced by your neighbouring tribes true holy figure?

Me, it was me who would determine it. God always send holy figure to the certain place. However, I would not mind to follow the holy figure of neighboring tribes if theirs were true also.
How could you tell?
Why not just make up your own god if you don't like theirs?
What about if the tribe two hills away had a truly holy figure and he had a different god all together? What would you do then? What god would you worship?
Would it be the god that YOU decided was real? Just like you do now?

Making up would remain as the made up faith, un-devine, while I insisted on following the divine teaching.
I would follow the true updated one only.
I would only worship the true God also.
I would decide by examining them.
janesix
Posts: 3,485
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 3:47:51 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/21/2016 11:13:38 AM, bulproof wrote:
If you lived in Mesoamerica in 4000BC which god would have been the true god? Which god would you have worshiped?
Would it be the god of the bible?
Or maybe the koran?
Allegedly the god you worship now has always existed, why wouldn't you worship it in 4000BC Mesoamerica.

I dont worship a god now and i doubt i would worship a god in 4000 bc.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,859
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 5:21:16 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/21/2016 11:13:38 AM, bulproof wrote:
If you lived in Mesoamerica in 4000BC which god would have been the true god? Which god would you have worshiped?
Would it be the god of the bible?
Or maybe the koran?
Allegedly the god you worship now has always existed, why wouldn't you worship it in 4000BC Mesoamerica.

Well, the furthest back I know would be Ancient Sumer. And the main god of their religion was Anu. And then I guess I would worship the other gods too because the religion was polytheistic, like Inanna and Ninhursag.

It can't be the god of the Bible because this is the 4th millennia BCE and the Bible wasn't written until over 4,000 years later.

It can't be the Quran because Islam didn't emerge until 610 CE.

Because this was our current knowledge and explanation of the world. Primitive and outdated, of course, but that was the culture, society, and technology back in those days.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 4:54:09 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/23/2016 12:39:50 PM, bulproof wrote:
Godists are you too afraid to answer these questions?
Poor frightened little things.
Godists are you too afraid to answer these questions?
GrimlyF
Posts: 100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 1:53:27 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
As always in debates of this kind people ignore 1 fundamental fact.We do not worship OUR God. "Take a North American tribe.For millenia they believed that all things,from rocks to animals to mountains to the sky to the sun and moon and the Great Cosmos had a Spirit, a " Manitou".They percieved a heirarchy in these Spirits and worshipped them accordingly.They were doing this until the White man came.( The rest is well known). "The Incas.At some point in their Pre-history they would have been much like the North Americans.Shamans and tribal priests and so on.The difference comes in warfare.The N.A. tribes would attack an enemy village,kill a few warriors,take horses and slaves and return whence they came.The Inca would take ALL the people as slaves that they didn't kill and absorb the territory they had taken.Lebensraum.The tribe would grow larger and more powerful.What was a tribal leader becomes King and his priesthood grows with the population.The power of the priests is obvious to the King who believes the priests conjurations gave him his victories.The priests are now all-powerful and that is when the slaughter begins.To"propitiate"the Gods and keep them happy. "Does anyone believe that 50yrs before the rise of the priests any Incan wanted a God who demanded ten of thousands of bloodsoaked human sacrifices including their own?. "Would a modern person with the full knowledge of history,knowing the works of the Christian churches, upon going back in time to just after Jesus dies STILL want to be a Christian or would he corner the Apostles 1 at a time and kill them to prevent the spread of Christianity?. " We worship the Gods of the Priesthood.A God MADE by the priests to serve the priests not the believers.
See the happy moron: he doesn't give a damn:I wish I were a moron:My God! perhaps I am!. Anonymous.
GrimlyF
Posts: 100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 1:57:26 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
As always in debates of this kind people ignore 1 fundamental fact.We do not worship OUR God. "Take a North American tribe.For millenia they believed that all things,from rocks to animals to mountains to the sky to the sun and moon and the Great Cosmos had a Spirit, a " Manitou".They percieved a heirarchy in these Spirits and worshipped them accordingly.They were doing this until the White man came.( The rest is well known). The Incas.At some point in their Pre-history they would have been much like the North Americans.Shamans and tribal priests and so on.The difference comes in warfare.The N.A. tribes would attack an enemy village,kill a few warriors,take horses and slaves and return whence they came.The Inca would take ALL the people as slaves that they didn't kill and absorb the territory they had taken.Lebensraum.The tribe would grow larger and more powerful.What was a tribal leader becomes King and his priesthood grows with the population.The power of the priests is obvious to the King who believes the priests conjurations gave him his victories.The priests are now all-powerful and that is when the slaughter begins.To"propitiate"the Gods and keep them happy. Does anyone believe that 50yrs before the rise of the priests any Incan wanted a God who demanded ten of thousands of bloodsoaked human sacrifices including their own?. Would a modern person with the full knowledge of history,knowing the works of the Christian churches, upon going back in time to just after Jesus dies STILL want to be a Christian or would he corner the Apostles 1 at a time and kill them to prevent the spread of Christianity?. We worship the Gods of the Priesthood.A God MADE by the priests to serve the priests not the believers.
See the happy moron: he doesn't give a damn:I wish I were a moron:My God! perhaps I am!. Anonymous.
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 2:32:35 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/24/2016 1:57:26 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
As always in debates of this kind people ignore 1 fundamental fact.We do not worship OUR God. "Take a North American tribe.For millenia they believed that all things,from rocks to animals to mountains to the sky to the sun and moon and the Great Cosmos had a Spirit, a " Manitou".They percieved a heirarchy in these Spirits and worshipped them accordingly.They were doing this until the White man came.( The rest is well known). The Incas.At some point in their Pre-history they would have been much like the North Americans.Shamans and tribal priests and so on.The difference comes in warfare.The N.A. tribes would attack an enemy village,kill a few warriors,take horses and slaves and return whence they came.The Inca would take ALL the people as slaves that they didn't kill and absorb the territory they had taken.Lebensraum.The tribe would grow larger and more powerful.What was a tribal leader becomes King and his priesthood grows with the population.The power of the priests is obvious to the King who believes the priests conjurations gave him his victories.The priests are now all-powerful and that is when the slaughter begins.To"propitiate"the Gods and keep them happy. Does anyone believe that 50yrs before the rise of the priests any Incan wanted a God who demanded ten of thousands of bloodsoaked human sacrifices including their own?. Would a modern person with the full knowledge of history,knowing the works of the Christian churches, upon going back in time to just after Jesus dies STILL want to be a Christian or would he corner the Apostles 1 at a time and kill them to prevent the spread of Christianity?. We worship the Gods of the Priesthood.A God MADE by the priests to serve the priests not the believers.

If you lived in Mesoamerica in 4000BC which god would have been the true god? Which god would you have worshiped?
Would it be the god of the bible?
Or maybe the koran?
Allegedly the god you worship now has always existed, why wouldn't you worship it in 4000BC Mesoamerica.
GrimlyF
Posts: 100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 6:07:12 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
How christianity without Christ and how Islam without Muhammed?.
See the happy moron: he doesn't give a damn:I wish I were a moron:My God! perhaps I am!. Anonymous.
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2016 1:45:25 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/24/2016 6:07:12 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
How christianity without Christ and how Islam without Muhammed?.
I never mentioned religion.
GrimlyF
Posts: 100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 4:18:18 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/25/2016 1:45:25 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/24/2016 6:07:12 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
How christianity without Christ and how Islam without Muhammed?.
I never mentioned religion.
Dictionary Quote:Religion"Belief in or worship of a supernatural power".You didn't have to mention religion,it is inextricably part of worship.
See the happy moron: he doesn't give a damn:I wish I were a moron:My God! perhaps I am!. Anonymous.
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 4:21:02 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/28/2016 4:18:18 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 10/25/2016 1:45:25 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/24/2016 6:07:12 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
How christianity without Christ and how Islam without Muhammed?.
I never mentioned religion.
Dictionary Quote:Religion"Belief in or worship of a supernatural power".You didn't have to mention religion,it is inextricably part of worship.
So which god did you say you'd worship?
GrimlyF
Posts: 100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 4:47:48 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/28/2016 4:21:02 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:18:18 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 10/25/2016 1:45:25 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/24/2016 6:07:12 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
How christianity without Christ and how Islam without Muhammed?.
I never mentioned religion.
Dictionary Quote:Religion"Belief in or worship of a supernatural power".You didn't have to mention religion,it is inextricably part of worship.
So which god did you say you'd worship?
One who would give me a quarter pounder cheese burger/fries and coffee whenever I asked.Quote:"Oh Lord,to what a state dost Thou bring those who love Thee!". St Teresa of Avila 1512-82.Keep your Gods.Give me a big club and I'll take my chances.
See the happy moron: he doesn't give a damn:I wish I were a moron:My God! perhaps I am!. Anonymous.
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 4:51:00 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/28/2016 4:47:48 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:21:02 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:18:18 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 10/25/2016 1:45:25 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/24/2016 6:07:12 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
How christianity without Christ and how Islam without Muhammed?.
I never mentioned religion.
Dictionary Quote:Religion"Belief in or worship of a supernatural power".You didn't have to mention religion,it is inextricably part of worship.
So which god did you say you'd worship?
One who would give me a quarter pounder cheese burger/fries and coffee whenever I asked.Quote:"Oh Lord,to what a state dost Thou bring those who love Thee!". St Teresa of Avila 1512-82.Keep your Gods.Give me a big club and I'll take my chances.
Fear, I see.
GrimlyF
Posts: 100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 9:15:08 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/28/2016 4:51:00 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:47:48 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:21:02 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:18:18 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 10/25/2016 1:45:25 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/24/2016 6:07:12 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
How christianity without Christ and how Islam without Muhammed?.
I never mentioned religion.
Dictionary Quote:Religion"Belief in or worship of a supernatural power".You didn't have to mention religion,it is inextricably part of worship.
So which god did you say you'd worship?
One who would give me a quarter pounder cheese burger/fries and coffee whenever I asked.Quote:"Oh Lord,to what a state dost Thou bring those who love Thee!". St Teresa of Avila 1512-82.Keep your Gods.Give me a big club and I'll take my chances.
Fear, I see.
FEAR?.I fear none of your" ghosties and ghoulies and things that go bump in the night".I am a modern man with a good education.What do I have to fear from your ancient pantheon of so-called Gods.Your old Gods have dissipated with their believers.Let us hope our newer ones follow suit.
See the happy moron: he doesn't give a damn:I wish I were a moron:My God! perhaps I am!. Anonymous.