Jump to topic:

60 Years On Earth

lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 11:37:01 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
....is the same as one day in heaven/hell.

Is that what is taught in most religions, just Islam, or where does that come from?

I was talking to a muslim friend of mine and he said that and that god is testing us with one day, and told me that I would laugh since I'm an atheist.

So who believes that?
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 11:52:11 AM
Never heard of this. Sounds like a bunch of bs to me.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Ogan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 12:18:11 PM
This sounds like a reversal of the original, in that 1 year on earth was supposed to be 60 years in heaven - not sure about 'hell'. The argument is based on the theory that heavenly atoms are 60 times faster in vibration in 'heaven' than earth. There's a similar experience with certain mind altering drugs where time seems to take far longer because of the increased speed of messages in the brain, therefore extending perceptions.
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 12:34:36 PM
At 1/18/2011 12:18:11 PM, Ogan wrote:
This sounds like a reversal of the original, in that 1 year on earth was supposed to be 60 years in heaven - not sure about 'hell'. The argument is based on the theory that heavenly atoms are 60 times faster in vibration in 'heaven' than earth. There's a similar experience with certain mind altering drugs where time seems to take far longer because of the increased speed of messages in the brain, therefore extending perceptions.

Very similar to relativity.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 12:47:54 PM

So they just changed how its supposed to be said?
Ogan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 1:41:56 PM
At 1/18/2011 12:47:54 PM, lovelife wrote:

I would not regard such things as actual LAWS, but perhaps possibilities to be proven to us personally after leaving this sorry place. There's an beautiful Indian (Hindu) poetic love story (too long to for this site) explaining some of its marvels. When the male lover returns to 'heaven' and meets his beloved who has waited thousands of years for his return, when in fact he probably only lived on earth seventy odd years. Sorry I can'y be more helpful than that.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 1:55:52 PM
At 1/18/2011 1:41:56 PM, Ogan wrote:

I would not regard such things as actual LAWS, but perhaps possibilities to be proven to us personally after leaving this sorry place. There's an beautiful Indian (Hindu) poetic love story (too long to for this site) explaining some of its marvels. When the male lover returns to 'heaven' and meets his beloved who has waited thousands of years for his return, when in fact he probably only lived on earth seventy odd years. Sorry I can'y be more helpful than that.

heh. Sorry I have to rant and idk a better place to atm

GAH!!!! I HATE talking about religion with this guy! I'm too polite to jut turn it back on him and be rude (I consider most of what I naturally say to/about theists here rude)
So then I look like a dumbass for not answering his questions.

Here's a new one, your trying to get me to believe in some sky god wizard and people that somehow are special and can talk to it, but most can't as well and there is nothing that can be proven. Why the fvck do I have to provide proof against it to not believe?! just GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Last night it was about how man hasn't created new life so that proves god made everything somehow or else I have to prove some science stuff that I don't give a sh!t about. Now its something about hitler, and how "under my system of beliefs" how *I* would do justice to him, and haha religion is great because it punishes bad people. Just WTF

/end rant
Ogan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 2:03:58 PM
At 1/18/2011 1:55:52 PM, lovelife wrote:

GAH!!!! I HATE talking about religion with this guy! I'm too polite to jut turn it back on him and be rude (I consider most of what I naturally say to/about theists here rude)

Here's a new one, your trying to get me to believe in some sky god wizard and people that somehow are special and can talk to it, but most can't as well and there is nothing that can be proven. Why the fvck do I have to provide proof against it to not believe?! just GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Last night it was about how man hasn't created new life so that proves god made everything somehow or else I have to prove some science stuff that I don't give a sh!t about. Now its something about hitler, and how "under my system of beliefs" how *I* would do justice to him, and haha religion is great because it punishes bad people. Just WTF

/end rant

I like to hear the odd rant - nothing wrong with that. Even though I did not understand it or who you were ranting against, bless your cotton socks.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 2:06:53 PM
At 1/18/2011 2:03:58 PM, Ogan wrote:
At 1/18/2011 1:55:52 PM, lovelife wrote:

/end rant

I like to hear the odd rant - nothing wrong with that. Even though I did not understand it or who you were ranting against, bless your cotton socks.

lol haha

(rant resume)

FFS DUDE injustice in the world=/=proof of god

it is not MY burden to carry, but everyone's!

The only way to bring justice is to NOT pawn it off on god, the way to bring real justice is to LEARN and stop letting as bad things happen! You having god judge people and just sit by is MAKING IT WORSE
Ogan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 2:20:06 PM
lol haha

(rant resume)

The only way to bring justice is to NOT pawn it off on god, the way to bring real justice is to LEARN and stop letting as bad things happen! You having god judge people and just sit by is MAKING IT WORSE.

I absolutely agree with you - it is we who must put things right or fail. I have never believed in a 'god' sitting on high judging us - that's an invention by those seeking power over us by utilising FEAR. We have nothing to fear except fear itself. Love brings Courage and defeats all man-made negative ideas.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 2:46:26 PM
At 1/18/2011 2:20:06 PM, Ogan wrote:
lol haha

(rant resume)

The only way to bring justice is to NOT pawn it off on god, the way to bring real justice is to LEARN and stop letting as bad things happen! You having god judge people and just sit by is MAKING IT WORSE.

I absolutely agree with you - it is we who must put things right or fail. I have never believed in a 'god' sitting on high judging us - that's an invention by those seeking power over us by utilising FEAR. We have nothing to fear except fear itself. Love brings Courage and defeats all man-made negative ideas.

(:

As long as we sit by and expect it to be better sometime later we will not have the courage to make thing better for those of us who are still alive. Everyone dies, but what we can do is try to make life better, happier, and longer for everyone, including analyzing what makes people kill and finding ways of "beating" that.
If the person kills another person they go to jail for life and pay back the family.
If that person dies it is too late, however we can do what we can to make it not happen again.
Ogan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 3:09:48 PM
At 1/18/2011 2:46:26 PM, lovelife wrote:

As long as we sit by and expect it to be better sometime later we will not have the courage to make thing better for those of us who are still alive. Everyone dies, but what we can do is try to make life better, happier, and longer for everyone, including analyzing what makes people kill and finding ways of "beating" that.
If the person kills another person they go to jail for life and pay back the family.
If that person dies it is too late, however we can do what we can to make it not happen again.

Ah... to be young again and full of vital power to change things for the better! We need far more young people like you to make a real difference. Real change always comes from the youth, not battle-weary old sods like me. But I suppose the battle has been going on since the planet first cooled down and life appeared. Maybe the battle is just trying to keep the balance in case we all go down the sink hole? Strange though, how after thousands of years of terrible attacks from real evil, Good has always been victorious in the end and kept us all alive and kicking - even when logic said we were all doomed and had no chance of winning.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 5:12:21 PM
At 1/18/2011 3:09:48 PM, Ogan wrote:
At 1/18/2011 2:46:26 PM, lovelife wrote:

Ah... to be young again and full of vital power to change things for the better! We need far more young people like you to make a real difference. Real change always comes from the youth, not battle-weary old sods like me. But I suppose the battle has been going on since the planet first cooled down and life appeared.

Yeah, everything is changing, the best we can do is try to make it change for the better...or at least find a way to cope.

Maybe the battle is just trying to keep the balance in case we all go down the sink hole? Strange though, how after thousands of years of terrible attacks from real evil, Good has always been victorious in the end and kept us all alive and kicking - even when logic said we were all doomed and had no chance of winning.

Not sure what your talking about there.
the-good-teacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 6:56:23 PM
At 1/18/2011 11:37:01 AM, lovelife wrote:
....is the same as one day in heaven/hell.

Is that what is taught in most religions, just Islam, or where does that come from?

I was talking to a muslim friend of mine and he said that and that god is testing us with one day, and told me that I would laugh since I'm an atheist.

So who believes that?

A day in scripture can be converted to 1,000 years, and it can be reversed, other than that nothing more is said.- that would make the millennium the 7TH day of the week and a day of rest, there's loads of amazing examples, esp when you do it with where the NT talks about 3 days, - [time to go to heaven]
Ogan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 6:57:49 PM
At 1/18/2011 5:12:21 PM, lovelife wrote:

Maybe the battle is just trying to keep the balance in case we all go down the sink hole? Strange though, how after thousands of years of terrible attacks from real evil, Good has always been victorious in the end and kept us all alive and kicking - even when logic said we were all doomed and had no chance of winning.

I wasn't very clear was I... sorry. What I meant is that decent people are always trying to just get on with their lives as best they can without unnecessary friction. 'Evil' people, like Hitler and many others in history were always more cunning and much stronger and sudden in their attacks upon others. But strangely, when these decent people are threatened with extinction they fight back with great passion and reverse the situation. This has happened many times throughout history. Had there been no resistance, say in the second world war, we would either not be here or have all been slaves by now. Even though logic might tell us the situation is hopeless and desperate, something in humanity always reverses the situation eventually. Hope that clears it up?
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 7:03:40 PM
A day in scripture can be converted to 1,000 years:

Peter said like a thousand years, not that it was a thousand years. It's hyperbole, meaning that time for us is nothing to God.

and it can be reversed, other than that nothing more is said.- that would make the millennium the 7TH day of the week and a day of rest, there's loads of amazing examples, esp when you do it with where the NT talks about 3 days,:

What is your take on it? Is it metaphorical or literal?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 7:28:55 PM
At 1/18/2011 6:57:49 PM, Ogan wrote:
At 1/18/2011 5:12:21 PM, lovelife wrote:

I wasn't very clear was I... sorry. What I meant is that decent people are always trying to just get on with their lives as best they can without unnecessary friction. 'Evil' people, like Hitler and many others in history were always more cunning and much stronger and sudden in their attacks upon others. But strangely, when these decent people are threatened with extinction they fight back with great passion and reverse the situation. This has happened many times throughout history. Had there been no resistance, say in the second world war, we would either not be here or have all been slaves by now. Even though logic might tell us the situation is hopeless and desperate, something in humanity always reverses the situation eventually. Hope that clears it up?

That makes sense now. I wouldn't get too caught up in the good guy always win things tho.
Ogan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 7:54:27 PM
At 1/18/2011 7:28:55 PM, lovelife wrote:

I wouldn't get too caught up in the good guy always win things tho.

Ha, ha, I think I learnt that lesson in the junior school when my innocent and gentle friend of 9 years was badly beaten by a 12 year old beast who was much bigger than either of us, just because he felt like it. I met the beast much later when I was 18, and he admitted that he had never beaten another innocent after receiving 10 stitches in his head and many other bruises from the rock I beat him with! So, although good guys get it all the time, as they did in the war, the beasts always come off worse AND learn a hard lesson - if they live!