Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

Isaac the paedophile married a 3 year old

Chloe8
Posts: 2,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2016 9:46:26 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
According to the bible Isaac, the son of Abraham married a three year old girl.

Sarah wife of Abraham was 90 when Abraham was 100 (Genesis 17:17). Abraham was 100 when Isaac was born (Genesis 21:5). Therefore Sarah was 90 when she gave birth to Isaac.

This in itself is laughable. A 90 year old woman conceiving a child with a 100 year old man. Obviously it's impossible so the whole story about Abraham and his family is complete nonsense anyway.

Sarah died at 127 years old (Genesis 23:1-2). Therefore Isaac was 37 when his mother died. This was the same time that the binding of Isaac took place on the altar in Moriah (Genesis 22:9) when his father was 137, again the thought someone could actually believe a human lived to 137 makes me laugh. At the same time Abraham is informed of Rebekah"s birth (Genesis 22:20-23)

Isaac was 40 when he married Rebekah (Genesis 25:20). Therefore Isaac was a paedophile as he married a three year old girl. Therefore Yawheh condones forced marriages of young children to old men, paedophilia and child abuse according to the book he supposedly created to set moral standards and spread the truth, the bible.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2016 10:42:03 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/25/2016 9:46:26 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
According to the bible Isaac, the son of Abraham married a three year old girl.

Sarah wife of Abraham was 90 when Abraham was 100 (Genesis 17:17).

Genesis 17:17 comes from the Priestly Source.

Abraham was 100 when Isaac was born (Genesis 21:5). Therefore Sarah was 90 when she gave birth to Isaac.

Genesis 21:5 also comes from the Priestly Source.

This in itself is laughable. A 90 year old woman conceiving a child with a 100 year old man. Obviously it's impossible so the whole story about Abraham and his family is complete nonsense anyway.

Sarah died at 127 years old (Genesis 23:1-2).

Genesis 23:1-2 comes from the Priestly Source.

Therefore Isaac was 37 when his mother died. This was the same time that the binding of Isaac took place on the altar in Moriah (Genesis 22:9)

Oopsies, Genesis 22:9 comes from the Elohist, not the Priestly Source, so now we are running into 2 different authors stories.

when his father was 137, again the thought someone could actually believe a human lived to 137 makes me laugh. At the same time Abraham is informed of Rebekah"s birth (Genesis 22:20-23)

Yikes, now we are looking at the Jahwist (Genesis 22:20-23), so we now are dealing with three different authors...

Isaac was 40 when he married Rebekah (Genesis 25:20).

And now we are back at the Priestly Source (Genesis 25:20).

Therefore Isaac was a paedophile as he married a three year old girl. Therefore Yawheh condones forced marriages of young children to old men, paedophilia and child abuse according to the book he supposedly created to set moral standards and spread the truth, the bible.

So, you use the works from 3 different authors/traditions as if it was written by a single author/from a single tradition in order to try and prove a point?
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
KwLm
Posts: 477
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2016 10:53:48 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/25/2016 10:42:03 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/25/2016 9:46:26 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
According to the bible Isaac, the son of Abraham married a three year old girl.

Sarah wife of Abraham was 90 when Abraham was 100 (Genesis 17:17).

Genesis 17:17 comes from the Priestly Source.

Abraham was 100 when Isaac was born (Genesis 21:5). Therefore Sarah was 90 when she gave birth to Isaac.

Genesis 21:5 also comes from the Priestly Source.

This in itself is laughable. A 90 year old woman conceiving a child with a 100 year old man. Obviously it's impossible so the whole story about Abraham and his family is complete nonsense anyway.

Sarah died at 127 years old (Genesis 23:1-2).

Genesis 23:1-2 comes from the Priestly Source.

Therefore Isaac was 37 when his mother died. This was the same time that the binding of Isaac took place on the altar in Moriah (Genesis 22:9)

Oopsies, Genesis 22:9 comes from the Elohist, not the Priestly Source, so now we are running into 2 different authors stories.

when his father was 137, again the thought someone could actually believe a human lived to 137 makes me laugh. At the same time Abraham is informed of Rebekah"s birth (Genesis 22:20-23)

Yikes, now we are looking at the Jahwist (Genesis 22:20-23), so we now are dealing with three different authors...

Isaac was 40 when he married Rebekah (Genesis 25:20).

And now we are back at the Priestly Source (Genesis 25:20).

Therefore Isaac was a paedophile as he married a three year old girl. Therefore Yawheh condones forced marriages of young children to old men, paedophilia and child abuse according to the book he supposedly created to set moral standards and spread the truth, the bible.

So, you use the works from 3 different authors/traditions as if it was written by a single author/from a single tradition in order to try and prove a point?

I do believe you just aided the OP in showing how ridiculous the bible really is.
Chloe8
Posts: 2,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2016 11:05:37 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/25/2016 10:42:03 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/25/2016 9:46:26 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
According to the bible Isaac, the son of Abraham married a three year old girl.

Sarah wife of Abraham was 90 when Abraham was 100 (Genesis 17:17).

Genesis 17:17 comes from the Priestly Source.

Abraham was 100 when Isaac was born (Genesis 21:5). Therefore Sarah was 90 when she gave birth to Isaac.

Genesis 21:5 also comes from the Priestly Source.

This in itself is laughable. A 90 year old woman conceiving a child with a 100 year old man. Obviously it's impossible so the whole story about Abraham and his family is complete nonsense anyway.

Sarah died at 127 years old (Genesis 23:1-2).

Genesis 23:1-2 comes from the Priestly Source.

Therefore Isaac was 37 when his mother died. This was the same time that the binding of Isaac took place on the altar in Moriah (Genesis 22:9)

Oopsies, Genesis 22:9 comes from the Elohist, not the Priestly Source, so now we are running into 2 different authors stories.

So what?

when his father was 137, again the thought someone could actually believe a human lived to 137 makes me laugh. At the same time Abraham is informed of Rebekah"s birth (Genesis 22:20-23)

Yikes, now we are looking at the Jahwist (Genesis 22:20-23), so we now are dealing with three different authors...

Your point is?

Isaac was 40 when he married Rebekah (Genesis 25:20).

And now we are back at the Priestly Source (Genesis 25:20).

Therefore Isaac was a paedophile as he married a three year old girl. Therefore Yawheh condones forced marriages of young children to old men, paedophilia and child abuse according to the book he supposedly created to set moral standards and spread the truth, the bible.

So, you use the works from 3 different authors/traditions as if it was written by a single author/from a single tradition in order to try and prove a point?

How do your points refute my claim that Isaac is a paedophile according to the old testament?

You haven't even attempted to explain your position but have simply criticised mine. If you think someone is wrong and your right at least try and demonstrate how that is.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Genius_Intellect
Posts: 339
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2016 11:08:14 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/25/2016 9:46:26 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
According to the bible Isaac, the son of Abraham married a three year old girl.

Sarah wife of Abraham was 90 when Abraham was 100 (Genesis 17:17). Abraham was 100 when Isaac was born (Genesis 21:5). Therefore Sarah was 90 when she gave birth to Isaac.

This in itself is laughable. A 90 year old woman conceiving a child with a 100 year old man. Obviously it's impossible so the whole story about Abraham and his family is complete nonsense anyway.

Sarah died at 127 years old (Genesis 23:1-2). Therefore Isaac was 37 when his mother died. This was the same time that the binding of Isaac took place on the altar in Moriah (Genesis 22:9) when his father was 137, again the thought someone could actually believe a human lived to 137 makes me laugh. At the same time Abraham is informed of Rebekah"s birth (Genesis 22:20-23)

Isaac was 40 when he married Rebekah (Genesis 25:20). Therefore Isaac was a paedophile as he married a three year old girl. Therefore Yawheh condones forced marriages of young children to old men, paedophilia and child abuse according to the book he supposedly created to set moral standards and spread the truth, the bible.

The Bible doesn't say how much time passed between the binding of Isaac and the death of Sarah. It also doesn't say when Rebekah was born, just that Abraham heard about the birth of her father. Furthermore, Rebekah is portrayed as an adult in the passages she appears in.

Do your research and don't cherry-pick.
Chloe8
Posts: 2,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2016 11:11:10 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/25/2016 10:53:48 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 10/25/2016 10:42:03 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/25/2016 9:46:26 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
According to the bible Isaac, the son of Abraham married a three year old girl.

Sarah wife of Abraham was 90 when Abraham was 100 (Genesis 17:17).

Genesis 17:17 comes from the Priestly Source.

Abraham was 100 when Isaac was born (Genesis 21:5). Therefore Sarah was 90 when she gave birth to Isaac.

Genesis 21:5 also comes from the Priestly Source.

This in itself is laughable. A 90 year old woman conceiving a child with a 100 year old man. Obviously it's impossible so the whole story about Abraham and his family is complete nonsense anyway.

Sarah died at 127 years old (Genesis 23:1-2).

Genesis 23:1-2 comes from the Priestly Source.

Therefore Isaac was 37 when his mother died. This was the same time that the binding of Isaac took place on the altar in Moriah (Genesis 22:9)

Oopsies, Genesis 22:9 comes from the Elohist, not the Priestly Source, so now we are running into 2 different authors stories.

when his father was 137, again the thought someone could actually believe a human lived to 137 makes me laugh. At the same time Abraham is informed of Rebekah"s birth (Genesis 22:20-23)

Yikes, now we are looking at the Jahwist (Genesis 22:20-23), so we now are dealing with three different authors...

Isaac was 40 when he married Rebekah (Genesis 25:20).

And now we are back at the Priestly Source (Genesis 25:20).

Therefore Isaac was a paedophile as he married a three year old girl. Therefore Yawheh condones forced marriages of young children to old men, paedophilia and child abuse according to the book he supposedly created to set moral standards and spread the truth, the bible.

So, you use the works from 3 different authors/traditions as if it was written by a single author/from a single tradition in order to try and prove a point?

I do believe you just aided the OP in showing how ridiculous the bible really is.

I agree. All he has done is demonstrate the ridiculous and clearly fabricated nature of the bible and the fact it it a bodged composition of scripture from various era's to make up a story to trick people into believing in the biggest fraud in human history, Christianity.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2016 11:20:52 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/25/2016 11:05:37 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 10/25/2016 10:42:03 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/25/2016 9:46:26 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
According to the bible Isaac, the son of Abraham married a three year old girl.

Sarah wife of Abraham was 90 when Abraham was 100 (Genesis 17:17).

Genesis 17:17 comes from the Priestly Source.

Abraham was 100 when Isaac was born (Genesis 21:5). Therefore Sarah was 90 when she gave birth to Isaac.

Genesis 21:5 also comes from the Priestly Source.

This in itself is laughable. A 90 year old woman conceiving a child with a 100 year old man. Obviously it's impossible so the whole story about Abraham and his family is complete nonsense anyway.

Sarah died at 127 years old (Genesis 23:1-2).

Genesis 23:1-2 comes from the Priestly Source.

Therefore Isaac was 37 when his mother died. This was the same time that the binding of Isaac took place on the altar in Moriah (Genesis 22:9)

Oopsies, Genesis 22:9 comes from the Elohist, not the Priestly Source, so now we are running into 2 different authors stories.

So what?

So what?
How do you know that the Priestly Tradition or the Elohist Tradition have the same information or not?

when his father was 137, again the thought someone could actually believe a human lived to 137 makes me laugh. At the same time Abraham is informed of Rebekah"s birth (Genesis 22:20-23)

Yikes, now we are looking at the Jahwist (Genesis 22:20-23), so we now are dealing with three different authors...

Your point is?

That you are appealing to PARTS of THREE DIFFERENT traditions.
Do any single one of those traditions have Isaac as a pedophile?
How would you know?

You are appealing to a later version of the story which melds three different traditions into one in order to make a point.
It is highly doubtful that any of those three original traditions actually have Issac marry a 3 year old, only the later harmony.

Isaac was 40 when he married Rebekah (Genesis 25:20).

And now we are back at the Priestly Source (Genesis 25:20).

Therefore Isaac was a paedophile as he married a three year old girl. Therefore Yawheh condones forced marriages of young children to old men, paedophilia and child abuse according to the book he supposedly created to set moral standards and spread the truth, the bible.

So, you use the works from 3 different authors/traditions as if it was written by a single author/from a single tradition in order to try and prove a point?

How do your points refute my claim that Isaac is a paedophile according to the old testament?

Your argument was that Yahweh condones pedophilia, but you have to appeal to a harmonization of three different traditions to try and make that point, not the older/original traditions.

All you are doing is showing that the harmonization is ridiculous, which doesn't get close to proving your point.

You haven't even attempted to explain your position but have simply criticised mine.

Do I have to have a position to point out stupidity?

If you think someone is wrong and your right at least try and demonstrate how that is.

*you're
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Chloe8
Posts: 2,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2016 11:25:51 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/25/2016 11:08:14 PM, Genius_Intellect wrote:
At 10/25/2016 9:46:26 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
According to the bible Isaac, the son of Abraham married a three year old girl.

Sarah wife of Abraham was 90 when Abraham was 100 (Genesis 17:17). Abraham was 100 when Isaac was born (Genesis 21:5). Therefore Sarah was 90 when she gave birth to Isaac.

This in itself is laughable. A 90 year old woman conceiving a child with a 100 year old man. Obviously it's impossible so the whole story about Abraham and his family is complete nonsense anyway.

Sarah died at 127 years old (Genesis 23:1-2). Therefore Isaac was 37 when his mother died. This was the same time that the binding of Isaac took place on the altar in Moriah (Genesis 22:9) when his father was 137, again the thought someone could actually believe a human lived to 137 makes me laugh. At the same time Abraham is informed of Rebekah"s birth (Genesis 22:20-23)

Isaac was 40 when he married Rebekah (Genesis 25:20). Therefore Isaac was a paedophile as he married a three year old girl. Therefore Yawheh condones forced marriages of young children to old men, paedophilia and child abuse according to the book he supposedly created to set moral standards and spread the truth, the bible.

The Bible doesn't say how much time passed between the binding of Isaac and the death of Sarah. It also doesn't say when Rebekah was born, just that Abraham heard about the birth of her father. Furthermore, Rebekah is portrayed as an adult in the passages she appears in.

If Abraham is hearing about the birth of her father it's logical to assume she can't have been very old. When you consider contraception was banned in those days what are the odds of Rebecca's parents having just one child? The way the story is presented it suggests Rebekah has just been born or is very young. The death of Sarah is the very next story after the binding of Isaac.

Do your research and don't cherry-pick.

Do your research and learn the truth about Christianity.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Skeptical1
Posts: 656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2016 11:26:35 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/25/2016 11:20:52 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/25/2016 11:05:37 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 10/25/2016 10:42:03 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/25/2016 9:46:26 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
According to the bible Isaac, the son of Abraham married a three year old girl.

Sarah wife of Abraham was 90 when Abraham was 100 (Genesis 17:17).

Genesis 17:17 comes from the Priestly Source.

Abraham was 100 when Isaac was born (Genesis 21:5). Therefore Sarah was 90 when she gave birth to Isaac.

Genesis 21:5 also comes from the Priestly Source.

This in itself is laughable. A 90 year old woman conceiving a child with a 100 year old man. Obviously it's impossible so the whole story about Abraham and his family is complete nonsense anyway.

Sarah died at 127 years old (Genesis 23:1-2).

Genesis 23:1-2 comes from the Priestly Source.

Therefore Isaac was 37 when his mother died. This was the same time that the binding of Isaac took place on the altar in Moriah (Genesis 22:9)

Oopsies, Genesis 22:9 comes from the Elohist, not the Priestly Source, so now we are running into 2 different authors stories.

So what?

So what?
How do you know that the Priestly Tradition or the Elohist Tradition have the same information or not?

when his father was 137, again the thought someone could actually believe a human lived to 137 makes me laugh. At the same time Abraham is informed of Rebekah"s birth (Genesis 22:20-23)

Yikes, now we are looking at the Jahwist (Genesis 22:20-23), so we now are dealing with three different authors...

Your point is?

That you are appealing to PARTS of THREE DIFFERENT traditions.
Do any single one of those traditions have Isaac as a pedophile?
How would you know?

You are appealing to a later version of the story which melds three different traditions into one in order to make a point.
It is highly doubtful that any of those three original traditions actually have Issac marry a 3 year old, only the later harmony.

Isaac was 40 when he married Rebekah (Genesis 25:20).

And now we are back at the Priestly Source (Genesis 25:20).

Therefore Isaac was a paedophile as he married a three year old girl. Therefore Yawheh condones forced marriages of young children to old men, paedophilia and child abuse according to the book he supposedly created to set moral standards and spread the truth, the bible.

So, you use the works from 3 different authors/traditions as if it was written by a single author/from a single tradition in order to try and prove a point?

How do your points refute my claim that Isaac is a paedophile according to the old testament?

Your argument was that Yahweh condones pedophilia, but you have to appeal to a harmonization of three different traditions to try and make that point, not the older/original traditions.

All you are doing is showing that the harmonization is ridiculous, which doesn't get close to proving your point.

You haven't even attempted to explain your position but have simply criticised mine.

Do I have to have a position to point out stupidity?

If you think someone is wrong and your right at least try and demonstrate how that is.

*you're

At the very least it debunks the myth which some Christians hold to that the scriptures are the infallible, inspired word of God. Unless contradiction somehow fits into that picture.
KwLm
Posts: 477
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2016 11:27:29 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/25/2016 11:20:52 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/25/2016 11:05:37 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 10/25/2016 10:42:03 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/25/2016 9:46:26 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
According to the bible Isaac, the son of Abraham married a three year old girl.

Sarah wife of Abraham was 90 when Abraham was 100 (Genesis 17:17).

Genesis 17:17 comes from the Priestly Source.

Abraham was 100 when Isaac was born (Genesis 21:5). Therefore Sarah was 90 when she gave birth to Isaac.

Genesis 21:5 also comes from the Priestly Source.

This in itself is laughable. A 90 year old woman conceiving a child with a 100 year old man. Obviously it's impossible so the whole story about Abraham and his family is complete nonsense anyway.

Sarah died at 127 years old (Genesis 23:1-2).

Genesis 23:1-2 comes from the Priestly Source.

Therefore Isaac was 37 when his mother died. This was the same time that the binding of Isaac took place on the altar in Moriah (Genesis 22:9)

Oopsies, Genesis 22:9 comes from the Elohist, not the Priestly Source, so now we are running into 2 different authors stories.

So what?

So what?
How do you know that the Priestly Tradition or the Elohist Tradition have the same information or not?

when his father was 137, again the thought someone could actually believe a human lived to 137 makes me laugh. At the same time Abraham is informed of Rebekah"s birth (Genesis 22:20-23)

Yikes, now we are looking at the Jahwist (Genesis 22:20-23), so we now are dealing with three different authors...

Your point is?

That you are appealing to PARTS of THREE DIFFERENT traditions.
Do any single one of those traditions have Isaac as a pedophile?
How would you know?

You are appealing to a later version of the story which melds three different traditions into one in order to make a point.
It is highly doubtful that any of those three original traditions actually have Issac marry a 3 year old, only the later harmony.

Isaac was 40 when he married Rebekah (Genesis 25:20).

And now we are back at the Priestly Source (Genesis 25:20).

Therefore Isaac was a paedophile as he married a three year old girl. Therefore Yawheh condones forced marriages of young children to old men, paedophilia and child abuse according to the book he supposedly created to set moral standards and spread the truth, the bible.

So, you use the works from 3 different authors/traditions as if it was written by a single author/from a single tradition in order to try and prove a point?

How do your points refute my claim that Isaac is a paedophile according to the old testament?

Your argument was that Yahweh condones pedophilia, but you have to appeal to a harmonization of three different traditions to try and make that point, not the older/original traditions.

All you are doing is showing that the harmonization is ridiculous, which doesn't get close to proving your point.

You haven't even attempted to explain your position but have simply criticised mine.

Do I have to have a position to point out stupidity?

If you think someone is wrong and your right at least try and demonstrate how that is.

*you're

People, people, It's just a story in a terrible story book, it's not like anything in the Bible actually happened, let alone the fact that it was written by a load of different authors and translated so many times from different languages and the original is the Quoran (or so we're led to believe)
Genius_Intellect
Posts: 339
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2016 11:50:31 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/25/2016 11:25:51 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
If Abraham is hearing about the birth of her father it's logical to assume she can't have been very old

Abraham left Mesopotamia decades ago.

When you consider contraception was banned in those days what are the odds of Rebecca's parents having just one child? The way the story is presented it suggests Rebekah has just been born or is very young.

By the time she's married to Isaac, she's old enough to ride a camel and have a conversation. These are inconsistent with the idea of her being a small child.

The death of Sarah is the very next story after the binding of Isaac.

Genesis doesn't say how much time passed between these two events. However, since Isaac was 37 when Sarah died, but a "youth" when he was bound for sacrifice, it's reasonable to assume at least a couple of decades.

Do your research and learn the truth about Christianity.

I'm not a believer.
Chloe8
Posts: 2,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2016 11:51:45 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/25/2016 11:20:52 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/25/2016 11:05:37 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 10/25/2016 10:42:03 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/25/2016 9:46:26 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
According to the bible Isaac, the son of Abraham married a three year old girl.

Sarah wife of Abraham was 90 when Abraham was 100 (Genesis 17:17).

Genesis 17:17 comes from the Priestly Source.

Abraham was 100 when Isaac was born (Genesis 21:5). Therefore Sarah was 90 when she gave birth to Isaac.

Genesis 21:5 also comes from the Priestly Source.

This in itself is laughable. A 90 year old woman conceiving a child with a 100 year old man. Obviously it's impossible so the whole story about Abraham and his family is complete nonsense anyway.

Sarah died at 127 years old (Genesis 23:1-2).

Genesis 23:1-2 comes from the Priestly Source.

Therefore Isaac was 37 when his mother died. This was the same time that the binding of Isaac took place on the altar in Moriah (Genesis 22:9)

Oopsies, Genesis 22:9 comes from the Elohist, not the Priestly Source, so now we are running into 2 different authors stories.

So what?

So what?
How do you know that the Priestly Tradition or the Elohist Tradition have the same information or not?

Why are you talking about this?

How Is it relevant?

Yes the old testament had lots of different sources and is the compilation of the work of many authors, but I am yet to see why you choose to bring this point up in this thread?

when his father was 137, again the thought someone could actually believe a human lived to 137 makes me laugh. At the same time Abraham is informed of Rebekah"s birth (Genesis 22:20-23)

Yikes, now we are looking at the Jahwist (Genesis 22:20-23), so we now are dealing with three different authors...

Your point is?

That you are appealing to PARTS of THREE DIFFERENT traditions.
Do any single one of those traditions have Isaac as a pedophile?
How would you know?

Obviously it does not state in the old testament Isaac I'd a paedophile but using scriptural evidence I have demonstrated that the bible suggests he married a three year old girl. Do you think it's acceptable for 40 year old men to marry three year olds?

Yes I know with certainty that is not actually what happened and it's likely a flaw in the way various books were stitched together to make up the old testament but the point is here to demonstrate that the bible presents Isaac as a paedophile on the basis of what the scripture says.

You are appealing to a later version of the story which melds three different traditions into one in order to make a point.

The very story that Christians believe to be true, the point of this thread is to attack Christianity.

It is highly doubtful that any of those three original traditions actually have Issac marry a 3 year old, only the later harmony.

True. I'm not talking about the original traditions though. I'm talking about the old testament!

Isaac was 40 when he married Rebekah (Genesis 25:20).

And now we are back at the Priestly Source (Genesis 25:20).

Therefore Isaac was a paedophile as he married a three year old girl. Therefore Yawheh condones forced marriages of young children to old men, paedophilia and child abuse according to the book he supposedly created to set moral standards and spread the truth, the bible.

So, you use the works from 3 different authors/traditions as if it was written by a single author/from a single tradition in order to try and prove a point?

How do your points refute my claim that Isaac is a paedophile according to the old testament?

Your argument was that Yahweh condones pedophilia, but you have to appeal to a harmonization of three different traditions to try and make that point, not the older/original traditions.

Yes that's exactly what I'm doing. The attack is on Christianity which recognizes the old testament in it's current form.

All you are doing is showing that the harmonization is ridiculous, which doesn't get close to proving your point.

I'm showing that the harmonization is ridiculous which I consider a good thing. I want to point out the flaws in Christianity.

I don't actually believe anything in the bible, it's utter nonsense. I'm just pointing out it portrays Isaac as a paedophile which suggests Yawheh condones paedophilia, forced marriage and child abuse.

You haven't even attempted to explain your position but have simply criticised mine.

Do I have to have a position to point out stupidity?

I've been on this site a while but your intervention in this thread is probably the most bizarre thing I have witnessed. I'm attacking the old testament in its current form. I'm not attacking elements of the old testament before they were even compiled into the old testament!

If you think someone is wrong and your right at least try and demonstrate how that is.

*you're

Haha well done. Hope that makes you feel better.

My guess is you are trolling?
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Chloe8
Posts: 2,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2016 11:57:07 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/25/2016 11:50:31 PM, Genius_Intellect wrote:
At 10/25/2016 11:25:51 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
If Abraham is hearing about the birth of her father it's logical to assume she can't have been very old

Abraham left Mesopotamia decades ago.

So what?

When you consider contraception was banned in those days what are the odds of Rebecca's parents having just one child? The way the story is presented it suggests Rebekah has just been born or is very young.

By the time she's married to Isaac, she's old enough to ride a camel and have a conversation. These are inconsistent with the idea of her being a small child.

Children can have conversations and ride camels.

The death of Sarah is the very next story after the binding of Isaac.

Genesis doesn't say how much time passed between these two events. However, since Isaac was 37 when Sarah died, but a "youth" when he was bound for sacrifice, it's reasonable to assume at least a couple of decades.

There is no reason to think a big amount of time passed between the two events if it's not stated that's what happened. The fact one story follows the other shows they happened at a similar time.

Do your research and learn the truth about Christianity.

I'm not a believer.

Fair enough.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Genius_Intellect
Posts: 339
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2016 12:18:37 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/25/2016 11:57:07 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 10/25/2016 11:50:31 PM, Genius_Intellect wrote:
Abraham left Mesopotamia decades ago.

So what?

So he's hearing about the birth decades after it happened. Abram was 75 when he left for Canaan and 100 when Isaac was born. Isaac married Rebekah at age 40, when Abraham was 140. He was a youth when he was bound, so he can't have been more than about 20. Bethuel was Nahor's 8th son, born after Abraham left, so Abraham was probably 85 - 90 at this time. If Bethuel had Rebekah around the time Isaac was bound, he'd have been 30, and she'd be 20 when she married Isaac.

By the time she's married to Isaac, she's old enough to ride a camel and have a conversation. These are inconsistent with the idea of her being a small child.

Children can have conversations and ride camels.

Not at age three.

The death of Sarah is the very next story after the binding of Isaac.

Genesis doesn't say how much time passed between these two events. However, since Isaac was 37 when Sarah died, but a "youth" when he was bound for sacrifice, it's reasonable to assume at least a couple of decades.

There is no reason to think a big amount of time passed between the two events if it's not stated that's what happened.

Youth => 37, implies a huge time difference.

The fact one story follows the other shows they happened at a similar time.

No, it shows that nothing of importance happened between those two stories. Their proximity in the narrative says nothing about how close they are in time.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2016 2:08:46 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/25/2016 9:46:26 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
According to the bible Isaac, the son of Abraham married a three year old girl.

Sarah wife of Abraham was 90 when Abraham was 100 (Genesis 17:17). Abraham was 100 when Isaac was born (Genesis 21:5). Therefore Sarah was 90 when she gave birth to Isaac.

This in itself is laughable. A 90 year old woman conceiving a child with a 100 year old man. Obviously it's impossible so the whole story about Abraham and his family is complete nonsense anyway.

Sarah died at 127 years old (Genesis 23:1-2). Therefore Isaac was 37 when his mother died. This was the same time that the binding of Isaac took place on the altar in Moriah (Genesis 22:9) when his father was 137, again the thought someone could actually believe a human lived to 137 makes me laugh. At the same time Abraham is informed of Rebekah"s birth (Genesis 22:20-23)

Isaac was 40 when he married Rebekah (Genesis 25:20). Therefore Isaac was a paedophile as he married a three year old girl. Therefore Yawheh condones forced marriages of young children to old men, paedophilia and child abuse according to the book he supposedly created to set moral standards and spread the truth, the bible.

The math makes sense. They had to wait 20 years before they could have children. If Rebekah was of child bearing age, they would have had the baby shortly after their marriage. But Rebekah being 3 years old made that impossible.