Total Posts:88|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Is Satan good?

Stupidape
Posts: 171
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2016 5:44:09 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
if you read Drunk with Blood a strong case can be make for God being evil. The devil is the opposite of God, therefore Satan must be good. What do you think?
missmedic
Posts: 387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2016 6:16:31 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/26/2016 5:44:09 AM, Stupidape wrote:
if you read Drunk with Blood a strong case can be make for God being evil. The devil is the opposite of God, therefore Satan must be good. What do you think?

I have never seen a book where Satan bad mouths God, but in the bible god is bad mouthing Satan all the time and Satan says nothing. I think Satan is the bigger man.
Willows
Posts: 2,053
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2016 9:37:13 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/26/2016 5:44:09 AM, Stupidape wrote:
if you read Drunk with Blood a strong case can be make for God being evil. The devil is the opposite of God, therefore Satan must be good. What do you think?

According to the Bible, if you exclude the great flood and the outright genocide of Sodom and Gomorrah, God was directly responsible for killing 1.3 million people.
The body count for Satan?
Seven.
RepublicanForLIfe
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 2:18:06 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/26/2016 6:16:31 AM, missmedic wrote:

I have never seen a book where Satan bad mouths God, but in the bible god is bad mouthing Satan all the time and Satan says nothing. I think Satan is the bigger man.

Satan is evil. Satan can't stand up to God because he knows God is stronger. Instead he cowers from God and tries to get people to go to hell. God sent Satan out of Heaven because Satan did wrong.
bulproof
Posts: 25,226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 2:22:39 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 2:18:06 PM, RepublicanForLIfe wrote:
At 10/26/2016 6:16:31 AM, missmedic wrote:

I have never seen a book where Satan bad mouths God, but in the bible god is bad mouthing Satan all the time and Satan says nothing. I think Satan is the bigger man.

Satan is evil. Satan can't stand up to God because he knows God is stronger. Instead he cowers from God and tries to get people to go to hell. God sent Satan out of Heaven because Satan did wrong.
Ya gotta watch for satan, he used to cut toe nails when you just wanted a haircut. Bad bastard that satan. Careful 'ow ya go.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,299
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 2:22:50 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
The conduct of the Satanists infestation of this site alone suggests Satan is bad. Every Satanist I've ever met have been liars, cheats, and thiefs. Satanists cannot be trusted. Satanists cannot trust themselves. Therefore the proof is in the product. Satan is bad.
bulproof
Posts: 25,226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 2:25:25 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 2:22:50 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
The conduct of the Satanists infestation of this site alone suggests Satan is bad. Every Satanist I've ever met have been liars, cheats, and thiefs. Satanists cannot be trusted. Satanists cannot trust themselves. Therefore the proof is in the product. Satan is bad.
Hey that's just like every godist on this site.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
missmedic
Posts: 387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 2:32:10 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 2:18:06 PM, RepublicanForLIfe wrote:
At 10/26/2016 6:16:31 AM, missmedic wrote:

I have never seen a book where Satan bad mouths God, but in the bible god is bad mouthing Satan all the time and Satan says nothing. I think Satan is the bigger man.

Satan is evil. Satan can't stand up to God because he knows God is stronger. Instead he cowers from God and tries to get people to go to hell. God sent Satan out of Heaven because Satan did wrong.

Please know that i was being facetious, i hold no belief in gods or devils.
RepublicanForLIfe
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 2:33:53 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 2:32:10 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:18:06 PM, RepublicanForLIfe wrote:
At 10/26/2016 6:16:31 AM, missmedic wrote:

I have never seen a book where Satan bad mouths God, but in the bible god is bad mouthing Satan all the time and Satan says nothing. I think Satan is the bigger man.

Satan is evil. Satan can't stand up to God because he knows God is stronger. Instead he cowers from God and tries to get people to go to hell. God sent Satan out of Heaven because Satan did wrong.

Please know that i was being facetious, i hold no belief in gods or devils.
Ah okay. Still, I want to spread the Christian faith to all those who desire it. :)
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,299
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 2:34:20 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 2:25:25 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:22:50 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
The conduct of the Satanists infestation of this site alone suggests Satan is bad. Every Satanist I've ever met have been liars, cheats, and thiefs. Satanists cannot be trusted. Satanists cannot trust themselves. Therefore the proof is in the product. Satan is bad.
Hey that's just like every godist on this site.

That's not true. I have a reputation amongst those that know me, from the mouths of the Satanists themselves, saying I'm the only one they trust.
Silly_Billy
Posts: 641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 2:34:48 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 2:18:06 PM, RepublicanForLIfe wrote:
At 10/26/2016 6:16:31 AM, missmedic wrote:

I have never seen a book where Satan bad mouths God, but in the bible god is bad mouthing Satan all the time and Satan says nothing. I think Satan is the bigger man.

Satan is evil. Satan can't stand up to God because he knows God is stronger. Instead he cowers from God and tries to get people to go to hell. God sent Satan out of Heaven because Satan did wrong.

I am not so certain about that. God creates the apple of wisdom, flaunts it in front of his creation (mankind) and tells them to NOT EVER eat it knowing full well that whatever you tell man not to do, he is bound to do straight after simply because he is told not to. It was a setup from day one.

Additionally, God wants us to bow down before him and worship him and to believe whatever a certain holy scripture tells us to believe without ever questioning it while also making the universe in such a way that it totally contradicts whatever the scripture tells to believe... another setup?

He also tells us that we are full of sin and that we shouldn't seek worldly pleasures while... giving us the feelings to enjoy those worldly pleasures as if they are a direct gift from God and also ensuring that WE MUST ENGAGE in those pleasures to ensure that the Human Race doesn't go extinct... another setup?

If God is real, then he must be the Devil for all that religion tells us the Devil does, God has done in triplicate.
RepublicanForLIfe
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 2:34:50 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 2:22:39 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:18:06 PM, RepublicanForLIfe wrote:
At 10/26/2016 6:16:31 AM, missmedic wrote:

I have never seen a book where Satan bad mouths God, but in the bible god is bad mouthing Satan all the time and Satan says nothing. I think Satan is the bigger man.

Satan is evil. Satan can't stand up to God because he knows God is stronger. Instead he cowers from God and tries to get people to go to hell. God sent Satan out of Heaven because Satan did wrong.
Ya gotta watch for satan, he used to cut toe nails when you just wanted a haircut. Bad bastard that satan. Careful 'ow ya go.

Wow, that is just nonsensical.
tarantula
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 2:41:17 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/26/2016 5:44:09 AM, Stupidape wrote:
if you read Drunk with Blood a strong case can be make for God being evil. The devil is the opposite of God, therefore Satan must be good. What do you think?

Satan, if it exists, could be no worse than the Biblical god.
tarantula
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 2:43:08 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 2:18:06 PM, RepublicanForLIfe wrote:
At 10/26/2016 6:16:31 AM, missmedic wrote:

I have never seen a book where Satan bad mouths God, but in the bible god is bad mouthing Satan all the time and Satan says nothing. I think Satan is the bigger man.

Satan is evil. Satan can't stand up to God because he knows God is stronger. Instead he cowers from God and tries to get people to go to hell. God sent Satan out of Heaven because Satan did wrong.

You are making an assertion with no evidence to support it!
RepublicanForLIfe
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 2:45:15 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 2:34:48 PM, Silly_Billy wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:18:06 PM, RepublicanForLIfe wrote:
At 10/26/2016 6:16:31 AM, missmedic wrote:

I have never seen a book where Satan bad mouths God, but in the bible god is bad mouthing Satan all the time and Satan says nothing. I think Satan is the bigger man.

Satan is evil. Satan can't stand up to God because he knows God is stronger. Instead he cowers from God and tries to get people to go to hell. God sent Satan out of Heaven because Satan did wrong.

I am not so certain about that. God creates the apple of wisdom, flaunts it in front of his creation (mankind) and tells them to NOT EVER eat it knowing full well that whatever you tell man not to do, he is bound to do straight after simply because he is told not to. It was a setup from day one.

Additionally, God wants us to bow down before him and worship him and to believe whatever a certain holy scripture tells us to believe without ever questioning it while also making the universe in such a way that it totally contradicts whatever the scripture tells to believe... another setup?

He also tells us that we are full of sin and that we shouldn't seek worldly pleasures while... giving us the feelings to enjoy those worldly pleasures as if they are a direct gift from God and also ensuring that WE MUST ENGAGE in those pleasures to ensure that the Human Race doesn't go extinct... another setup?

If God is real, then he must be the Devil for all that religion tells us the Devil does, God has done in triplicate.

Okay. God creates the garden. He places a plant there that he tells mankind never to eat. This was a test to see if mankind truly loved God. If they did, they would never touch it. If they didn't, they would eat it. Mankind had no desire for the fruit for the fully loved God. And then, here's the part you left out, the Devil comes as a snack and tempts Eve into eating the fruit. Giving her lies that it's good. So Eve eats it and gives so to Adam. Both realize that they disobeyed God and went and hid. They showed that they didn't love God completely since they ate the fruit for selfish reasons.. God had to send them out.

I'm not too sure what you mean by your second paragraph so I can't really respond. If you wish you could make it more....clear...?

Now on to worldly pleasures. To focus on your particular example. Yes, we must engage in something in order to create life. The purpose is to create live. Husband and wife do this out of love. The sole purpose is to create life. God says not to do it when people do it just because it brings pleasure (hence worldly pleasure).
RepublicanForLIfe
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 2:46:54 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 2:43:08 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:18:06 PM, RepublicanForLIfe wrote:
At 10/26/2016 6:16:31 AM, missmedic wrote:

I have never seen a book where Satan bad mouths God, but in the bible god is bad mouthing Satan all the time and Satan says nothing. I think Satan is the bigger man.

Satan is evil. Satan can't stand up to God because he knows God is stronger. Instead he cowers from God and tries to get people to go to hell. God sent Satan out of Heaven because Satan did wrong.

You are making an assertion with no evidence to support it!

There's evidence. Notice how our world is turning to sin. That is the devil encouraging people to do wrong. If you want more evidence check out a Catholic Bible.
tarantula
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 2:49:19 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 2:46:54 PM, RepublicanForLIfe wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:43:08 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:18:06 PM, RepublicanForLIfe wrote:
At 10/26/2016 6:16:31 AM, missmedic wrote:

I have never seen a book where Satan bad mouths God, but in the bible god is bad mouthing Satan all the time and Satan says nothing. I think Satan is the bigger man.

Satan is evil. Satan can't stand up to God because he knows God is stronger. Instead he cowers from God and tries to get people to go to hell. God sent Satan out of Heaven because Satan did wrong.

You are making an assertion with no evidence to support it!

There's evidence. Notice how our world is turning to sin. That is the devil encouraging people to do wrong. If you want more evidence check out a Catholic Bible.

You have no evidence, just a belief . Besides which, if the Biblical god is supposed to have created human nature any badness is down to it, so it should take the blame!
RepublicanForLIfe
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 2:59:23 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 2:49:19 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:46:54 PM, RepublicanForLIfe wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:43:08 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:18:06 PM, RepublicanForLIfe wrote:
At 10/26/2016 6:16:31 AM, missmedic wrote:

I have never seen a book where Satan bad mouths God, but in the bible god is bad mouthing Satan all the time and Satan says nothing. I think Satan is the bigger man.

Satan is evil. Satan can't stand up to God because he knows God is stronger. Instead he cowers from God and tries to get people to go to hell. God sent Satan out of Heaven because Satan did wrong.

You are making an assertion with no evidence to support it!

There's evidence. Notice how our world is turning to sin. That is the devil encouraging people to do wrong. If you want more evidence check out a Catholic Bible.

You have no evidence, just a belief . Besides which, if the Biblical god is supposed to have created human nature any badness is down to it, so it should take the blame!

Evidence. Look around. Look at the trees the grass the dirt. The clouds the sky! Your family! God created it all! How could anything so complex (the solar system is just at the right distance from the sun. The way things grow. All the complex systems of reproducing in plants and tiny organisms to an elephant.) It's all created by an all-knowing being: God. He, and only He, could ever create something so complex. It can't happen by chance. He did create humans. He created us out of love! He wants us to be with Him, he wants us to love Him back. He isn't responsible. He gave freewill to all his angels and to all humans. Sadly, one angel wanted to be worshiped, a created being wanted the creator to worship him. This angel became Satan. Satan brought his own misery upon himself.
missmedic
Posts: 387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 3:08:33 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 2:33:53 PM, RepublicanForLIfe wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:32:10 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:18:06 PM, RepublicanForLIfe wrote:
At 10/26/2016 6:16:31 AM, missmedic wrote:

I have never seen a book where Satan bad mouths God, but in the bible god is bad mouthing Satan all the time and Satan says nothing. I think Satan is the bigger man.

Satan is evil. Satan can't stand up to God because he knows God is stronger. Instead he cowers from God and tries to get people to go to hell. God sent Satan out of Heaven because Satan did wrong.

Please know that i was being facetious, i hold no belief in gods or devils.
Ah okay. Still, I want to spread the Christian faith to all those who desire it. :

Faith is not a trait to be considered worthy of praise because it blinds those who carry it to live a life that is less responsive to changes (AKA dogma). Faith does not give you knowledge.
Doubt is a virtue, skepticism is a virtue, curiosity is a virtue, faith is not a virtue it is the glorification of voluntary ignorance.

Now this is where the religious change the meaning of the word "faith" to make it worthy of the word "virtue"
https://www.psychologytoday.com...
RepublicanForLIfe
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 3:09:40 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 2:59:23 PM, RepublicanForLIfe wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:49:19 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:46:54 PM, RepublicanForLIfe wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:43:08 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:18:06 PM, RepublicanForLIfe wrote:
At 10/26/2016 6:16:31 AM, missmedic wrote:

I have never seen a book where Satan bad mouths God, but in the bible god is bad mouthing Satan all the time and Satan says nothing. I think Satan is the bigger man.

Satan is evil. Satan can't stand up to God because he knows God is stronger. Instead he cowers from God and tries to get people to go to hell. God sent Satan out of Heaven because Satan did wrong.

You are making an assertion with no evidence to support it!

There's evidence. Notice how our world is turning to sin. That is the devil encouraging people to do wrong. If you want more evidence check out a Catholic Bible.

You have no evidence, just a belief . Besides which, if the Biblical god is supposed to have created human nature any badness is down to it, so it should take the blame!

Evidence. Look around. Look at the trees the grass the dirt. The clouds the sky! Your family! God created it all! How could anything so complex (the solar system is just at the right distance from the sun. The way things grow. All the complex systems of reproducing in plants and tiny organisms to an elephant.) It's all created by an all-knowing being: God. He, and only He, could ever create something so complex. It can't happen by chance. You said he "is supposed to have created human nature" and He did. He created us out of love! He wants us to be with Him, he wants us to love Him back. You said that he "should take the blame" for badness. He isn't responsible. He gave freewill to all his angels and to all humans. Sadly, one angel wanted to be worshiped, a created being wanted the creator to worship him. This angel became Satan. Satan brought his own misery upon himself.
Silly_Billy
Posts: 641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 3:10:32 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 2:45:15 PM, RepublicanForLIfe wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:34:48 PM, Silly_Billy wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:18:06 PM, RepublicanForLIfe wrote:
At 10/26/2016 6:16:31 AM, missmedic wrote:

I have never seen a book where Satan bad mouths God, but in the bible god is bad mouthing Satan all the time and Satan says nothing. I think Satan is the bigger man.

Satan is evil. Satan can't stand up to God because he knows God is stronger. Instead he cowers from God and tries to get people to go to hell. God sent Satan out of Heaven because Satan did wrong.

I am not so certain about that. God creates the apple of wisdom, flaunts it in front of his creation (mankind) and tells them to NOT EVER eat it knowing full well that whatever you tell man not to do, he is bound to do straight after simply because he is told not to. It was a setup from day one.

Additionally, God wants us to bow down before him and worship him and to believe whatever a certain holy scripture tells us to believe without ever questioning it while also making the universe in such a way that it totally contradicts whatever the scripture tells to believe... another setup?

He also tells us that we are full of sin and that we shouldn't seek worldly pleasures while... giving us the feelings to enjoy those worldly pleasures as if they are a direct gift from God and also ensuring that WE MUST ENGAGE in those pleasures to ensure that the Human Race doesn't go extinct... another setup?

If God is real, then he must be the Devil for all that religion tells us the Devil does, God has done in triplicate.

Okay. God creates the garden. He places a plant there that he tells mankind never to eat. This was a test to see if mankind truly loved God. If they did, they would never touch it. If they didn't, they would eat it. Mankind had no desire for the fruit for the fully loved God. And then, here's the part you left out, the Devil comes as a snack and tempts Eve into eating the fruit. Giving her lies that it's good. So Eve eats it and gives so to Adam. Both realize that they disobeyed God and went and hid. They showed that they didn't love God completely since they ate the fruit for selfish reasons.. God had to send them out.


God needed to do this to test us??? Couldn't God have created us without the psychological afliction to do all those things that we are told not to do? You make mankind sounds like some some sort of pet, a bit like a guinee-pig in a cage but if i put a piece of lettuce in that cage and tell the guinee-pig not to eat it, geuss what, it WILL be eaten! Any fool could predict that outcome and God is not supposed to be a fool.


I'm not too sure what you mean by your second paragraph so I can't really respond. If you wish you could make it more....clear...?


There is evidence in favour of evolution through the DNA that we have to the fosils that we keep digging up all over the place. There is also evidence of the Big Bang and evidence that the universe is expanding and that it therefor started as something smaller. The size of the universe tells us that this smaller must have occured billions of years ago, whereas the bible keeps insisting that it was only a thousand years. If God exists, then he made the universe in such a way that it contradicts the Bible.


Now on to worldly pleasures. To focus on your particular example. Yes, we must engage in something in order to create life. The purpose is to create live. Husband and wife do this out of love. The sole purpose is to create life. God says not to do it when people do it just because it brings pleasure (hence worldly pleasure).


Then why did he link the method of creating life to the method of engaging in sin? And if the sole purpose of it is to create life, then why make it so pleasurable?
RepublicanForLIfe
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 3:15:32 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 3:08:33 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:33:53 PM, RepublicanForLIfe wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:32:10 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:18:06 PM, RepublicanForLIfe wrote:
At 10/26/2016 6:16:31 AM, missmedic wrote:

I have never seen a book where Satan bad mouths God, but in the bible god is bad mouthing Satan all the time and Satan says nothing. I think Satan is the bigger man.

Satan is evil. Satan can't stand up to God because he knows God is stronger. Instead he cowers from God and tries to get people to go to hell. God sent Satan out of Heaven because Satan did wrong.

Please know that i was being facetious, i hold no belief in gods or devils.
Ah okay. Still, I want to spread the Christian faith to all those who desire it. :

Faith is not a trait to be considered worthy of praise because it blinds those who carry it to live a life that is less responsive to changes (AKA dogma). Faith does not give you knowledge.
Doubt is a virtue, skepticism is a virtue, curiosity is a virtue, faith is not a virtue it is the glorification of voluntary ignorance.

Now this is where the religious change the meaning of the word "faith" to make it worthy of the word "virtue"
https://www.psychologytoday.com...

Faith doesn't blind someone.
Virtue: a quality considered morally good or desirable in a person.

So you're saying that people desire skepticism, curiosity, and doubt?? These are not virtues. Virtues are good and they form people. Doubt doesn't form someone, neither does skepticism. Curiosity can lead to the right answer, but not always.
RepublicanForLIfe
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 3:25:38 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 3:10:32 PM, Silly_Billy wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:45:15 PM, RepublicanForLIfe wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:34:48 PM, Silly_Billy wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:18:06 PM, RepublicanForLIfe wrote:
At 10/26/2016 6:16:31 AM, missmedic wrote:

I have never seen a book where Satan bad mouths God, but in the bible god is bad mouthing Satan all the time and Satan says nothing. I think Satan is the bigger man.

Satan is evil. Satan can't stand up to God because he knows God is stronger. Instead he cowers from God and tries to get people to go to hell. God sent Satan out of Heaven because Satan did wrong.

I am not so certain about that. God creates the apple of wisdom, flaunts it in front of his creation (mankind) and tells them to NOT EVER eat it knowing full well that whatever you tell man not to do, he is bound to do straight after simply because he is told not to. It was a setup from day one.

Additionally, God wants us to bow down before him and worship him and to believe whatever a certain holy scripture tells us to believe without ever questioning it while also making the universe in such a way that it totally contradicts whatever the scripture tells to believe... another setup?

He also tells us that we are full of sin and that we shouldn't seek worldly pleasures while... giving us the feelings to enjoy those worldly pleasures as if they are a direct gift from God and also ensuring that WE MUST ENGAGE in those pleasures to ensure that the Human Race doesn't go extinct... another setup?

If God is real, then he must be the Devil for all that religion tells us the Devil does, God has done in triplicate.

Okay. God creates the garden. He places a plant there that he tells mankind never to eat. This was a test to see if mankind truly loved God. If they did, they would never touch it. If they didn't, they would eat it. Mankind had no desire for the fruit for the fully loved God. And then, here's the part you left out, the Devil comes as a snack and tempts Eve into eating the fruit. Giving her lies that it's good. So Eve eats it and gives so to Adam. Both realize that they disobeyed God and went and hid. They showed that they didn't love God completely since they ate the fruit for selfish reasons.. God had to send them out.


God needed to do this to test us??? Couldn't God have created us without the psychological afliction to do all those things that we are told not to do? You make mankind sounds like some some sort of pet, a bit like a guinee-pig in a cage but if i put a piece of lettuce in that cage and tell the guinee-pig not to eat it, geuss what, it WILL be eaten! Any fool could predict that outcome and God is not supposed to be a fool.


I'm not too sure what you mean by your second paragraph so I can't really respond. If you wish you could make it more....clear...?


There is evidence in favour of evolution through the DNA that we have to the fosils that we keep digging up all over the place. There is also evidence of the Big Bang and evidence that the universe is expanding and that it therefor started as something smaller. The size of the universe tells us that this smaller must have occured billions of years ago, whereas the bible keeps insisting that it was only a thousand years. If God exists, then he made the universe in such a way that it contradicts the Bible.


Now on to worldly pleasures. To focus on your particular example. Yes, we must engage in something in order to create life. The purpose is to create live. Husband and wife do this out of love. The sole purpose is to create life. God says not to do it when people do it just because it brings pleasure (hence worldly pleasure).


Then why did he link the method of creating life to the method of engaging in sin? And if the sole purpose of it is to create life, then why make it so pleasurable?

It was to prove to God that we truly loved him. Yes he could of created us to do whatever He wanted us to without us choosing to, but then that wouldn't have been free will. We aren't pets, we're His children. Remember the devil tempted Eve to eat it. She never wanted to before she was given a pack of lies. Correct, God is not dumb.

Just because there is supposed evidence that the universe is expanding doesn't mean that it had to start out small. God is all powerful. He can make it whatever size he wants. IF you make a mirror out of wood, you didn't have to take it apart and remake it each when you wanted it to be bigger. You would simply just make it the right size the first time. The big bang theory can actually be approved by Christians. The big bang was caused by God. That makes more sense then it happening on chance.

It's not sin if it's done for the right purpose. If it's done for pleasure it's sin. If it's done for love of God and life it's not. It can be a pleasure to do the right thing.
missmedic
Posts: 387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 3:48:53 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 3:15:32 PM, RepublicanForLIfe wrote:
At 10/27/2016 3:08:33 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:33:53 PM, RepublicanForLIfe wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:32:10 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:18:06 PM, RepublicanForLIfe wrote:
At 10/26/2016 6:16:31 AM, missmedic wrote:

I have never seen a book where Satan bad mouths God, but in the bible god is bad mouthing Satan all the time and Satan says nothing. I think Satan is the bigger man.

Satan is evil. Satan can't stand up to God because he knows God is stronger. Instead he cowers from God and tries to get people to go to hell. God sent Satan out of Heaven because Satan did wrong.

Please know that i was being facetious, i hold no belief in gods or devils.
Ah okay. Still, I want to spread the Christian faith to all those who desire it. :

Faith is not a trait to be considered worthy of praise because it blinds those who carry it to live a life that is less responsive to changes (AKA dogma). Faith does not give you knowledge.
Doubt is a virtue, skepticism is a virtue, curiosity is a virtue, faith is not a virtue it is the glorification of voluntary ignorance.

Now this is where the religious change the meaning of the word "faith" to make it worthy of the word "virtue"
https://www.psychologytoday.com...


Faith doesn't blind someone.
Virtue: a quality considered morally good or desirable in a person.

So you're saying that people desire skepticism, curiosity, and doubt?? These are not virtues. Virtues are good and they form people. Doubt doesn't form someone, neither does skepticism. Curiosity can lead to the right answer, but not always.

What does faith give you? The abilty to believe without knowing.
What i am saying is skepticism, curiosity, and doubt motivate a person to find knowledge, faith is not a path to knowledge, faith is voluntary ignorance.
Silly_Billy
Posts: 641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 4:11:19 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 3:25:38 PM, RepublicanForLIfe wrote:
At 10/27/2016 3:10:32 PM, Silly_Billy wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:45:15 PM, RepublicanForLIfe wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:34:48 PM, Silly_Billy wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:18:06 PM, RepublicanForLIfe wrote:
At 10/26/2016 6:16:31 AM, missmedic wrote:

I have never seen a book where Satan bad mouths God, but in the bible god is bad mouthing Satan all the time and Satan says nothing. I think Satan is the bigger man.

Satan is evil. Satan can't stand up to God because he knows God is stronger. Instead he cowers from God and tries to get people to go to hell. God sent Satan out of Heaven because Satan did wrong.

I am not so certain about that. God creates the apple of wisdom, flaunts it in front of his creation (mankind) and tells them to NOT EVER eat it knowing full well that whatever you tell man not to do, he is bound to do straight after simply because he is told not to. It was a setup from day one.

Additionally, God wants us to bow down before him and worship him and to believe whatever a certain holy scripture tells us to believe without ever questioning it while also making the universe in such a way that it totally contradicts whatever the scripture tells to believe... another setup?

He also tells us that we are full of sin and that we shouldn't seek worldly pleasures while... giving us the feelings to enjoy those worldly pleasures as if they are a direct gift from God and also ensuring that WE MUST ENGAGE in those pleasures to ensure that the Human Race doesn't go extinct... another setup?

If God is real, then he must be the Devil for all that religion tells us the Devil does, God has done in triplicate.

Okay. God creates the garden. He places a plant there that he tells mankind never to eat. This was a test to see if mankind truly loved God. If they did, they would never touch it. If they didn't, they would eat it. Mankind had no desire for the fruit for the fully loved God. And then, here's the part you left out, the Devil comes as a snack and tempts Eve into eating the fruit. Giving her lies that it's good. So Eve eats it and gives so to Adam. Both realize that they disobeyed God and went and hid. They showed that they didn't love God completely since they ate the fruit for selfish reasons.. God had to send them out.


God needed to do this to test us??? Couldn't God have created us without the psychological afliction to do all those things that we are told not to do? You make mankind sounds like some some sort of pet, a bit like a guinee-pig in a cage but if i put a piece of lettuce in that cage and tell the guinee-pig not to eat it, geuss what, it WILL be eaten! Any fool could predict that outcome and God is not supposed to be a fool.


I'm not too sure what you mean by your second paragraph so I can't really respond. If you wish you could make it more....clear...?


There is evidence in favour of evolution through the DNA that we have to the fosils that we keep digging up all over the place. There is also evidence of the Big Bang and evidence that the universe is expanding and that it therefor started as something smaller. The size of the universe tells us that this smaller must have occured billions of years ago, whereas the bible keeps insisting that it was only a thousand years. If God exists, then he made the universe in such a way that it contradicts the Bible.


Now on to worldly pleasures. To focus on your particular example. Yes, we must engage in something in order to create life. The purpose is to create live. Husband and wife do this out of love. The sole purpose is to create life. God says not to do it when people do it just because it brings pleasure (hence worldly pleasure).


Then why did he link the method of creating life to the method of engaging in sin? And if the sole purpose of it is to create life, then why make it so pleasurable?

It was to prove to God that we truly loved him. Yes he could of created us to do whatever He wanted us to without us choosing to, but then that wouldn't have been free will. We aren't pets, we're His children. Remember the devil tempted Eve to eat it. She never wanted to before she was given a pack of lies. Correct, God is not dumb.


So we are the children of God... let me see. I have a child and i think that i ought to test that child by putting something really tasty in his room and telling him that he must not eat it. If he does eat it, i throw him out of the house, tell him that he must build a shrine to me, start praying to me and worship me or else i will punish him even further by throwing him into a vulcano. It seems to me that the God that you describe should not be allowed to have children because he would be an unfit parent who should be send to jail if he was ever caught.


Just because there is supposed evidence that the universe is expanding doesn't mean that it had to start out small. God is all powerful. He can make it whatever size he wants. IF you make a mirror out of wood, you didn't have to take it apart and remake it each when you wanted it to be bigger. You would simply just make it the right size the first time. The big bang theory can actually be approved by Christians. The big bang was caused by God. That makes more sense then it happening on chance.


Your right, God made the universe and made it appear as if it is expanding to prove to us that the Bible is the truth even though it would appear as if the Bible is not the truth. As you said, he could have made it into anything he wanted but somehow he chose to make it in such a way that it contradicts the Bible.


It's not sin if it's done for the right purpose. If it's done for pleasure it's sin. If it's done for love of God and life it's not. It can be a pleasure to do the right thing.


It seems to me that you are not trying to proof the existence of God, but that you are trying to justify the Bible. The Bible is not God, God is God, and you and people like you have tried to capture the essence of God in that book of yours that you are all proclaiming to be the one and only truth whereas God is showing us, through science, that this is not so. Additonally you are making God out to be a bully, a demon, a child molester, and everything else that your own bible would ascribe as being the Devil himself simply in the persuit of defending "A Book". If you want to find God, start looking for him in the right places for God is not about ignorance or testing or punishing or lying through his teeth just to get people to bow down and worship him. God would not ever test us or demand such a thing of us, only the devil would, and that is what you have ended up worshipping.
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,299
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 4:59:50 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 2:32:10 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:18:06 PM, RepublicanForLIfe wrote:
At 10/26/2016 6:16:31 AM, missmedic wrote:

I have never seen a book where Satan bad mouths God, but in the bible god is bad mouthing Satan all the time and Satan says nothing. I think Satan is the bigger man.

Satan is evil. Satan can't stand up to God because he knows God is stronger. Instead he cowers from God and tries to get people to go to hell. God sent Satan out of Heaven because Satan did wrong.

Please know that i was being facetious, i hold no belief in gods or devils.

But are you a satanist?
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,299
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 5:03:55 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 2:41:17 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 10/26/2016 5:44:09 AM, Stupidape wrote:
if you read Drunk with Blood a strong case can be make for God being evil. The devil is the opposite of God, therefore Satan must be good. What do you think?

Satan, if it exists, could be no worse than the Biblical god.

Except for the Bible saying that Satan is the devil of all that's evil. God creates mankind. Satan corrupts mankind. Satan corrupts religion. Satan corrupts you. Yet here you are the sneaky Satanists pretending you are not a satanist.
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,299
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 5:08:31 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Man listens to Satan instead of God. God then sends man to live under Satan's house. Man then complains about the hardships of life, but still blames God instead of blaming the Satan himself for an ugly rulership.
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,299
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 5:14:07 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/26/2016 5:44:09 AM, Stupidape wrote:
if you read Drunk with Blood a strong case can be make for God being evil. The devil is the opposite of God, therefore Satan must be good. What do you think?

I think you'd have to be drunk to believe that. You blame all the problems of this world on God. But God was clear when He said this world was handed to Satan. Blame Satan. Blame this deceiver.
12_13
Posts: 1,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 7:19:40 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/26/2016 5:44:09 AM, Stupidape wrote:
if you read Drunk with Blood a strong case can be make for God being evil. The devil is the opposite of God, therefore Satan must be good. What do you think?

By what I know, Satan is not good, because he has not done anything good. God, I think is good, because He has given life, and the teachings that are in the Bible, that can help people live well.