Total Posts:77|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Is It Impossible To Believe?

Willows
Posts: 2,053
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2016 12:45:02 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Looking through the responses in my previous thread, "I Am Ready To Believe" it was interesting to note that not one post provided a viable explanation as to whether there is any element of creation in evolution.
http://www.debate.org...

Do we go beyond the earth to search for any signs of a God?

And since we know that the universe is continually expanding at an accelerating rate, what logic would a creator have in wasting so much time and resources doing such?

Given that we can reasonably accept that life is due to evolution by natural selection with no intervention, how can anyone rationally accept the concept of a God as creator?
KwLm
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2016 12:53:43 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/26/2016 12:45:02 PM, Willows wrote:
Looking through the responses in my previous thread, "I Am Ready To Believe" it was interesting to note that not one post provided a viable explanation as to whether there is any element of creation in evolution.
http://www.debate.org...

Do we go beyond the earth to search for any signs of a God?

And since we know that the universe is continually expanding at an accelerating rate, what logic would a creator have in wasting so much time and resources doing such?

Given that we can reasonably accept that life is due to evolution by natural selection with no intervention, how can anyone rationally accept the concept of a God as creator?

Cause there's this book, written by...... some people, at different eras, but this book when translated from different languages many many times over, says in the book that what is written is the word of God, so how can you not believe it?
Welfare-Worker
Posts: 1,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2016 1:45:09 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/26/2016 12:45:02 PM, Willows wrote:
Looking through the responses in my previous thread, "I Am Ready To Believe" it was interesting to note that not one post provided a viable explanation as to whether there is any element of creation in evolution.
http://www.debate.org...

Do we go beyond the earth to search for any signs of a God?

And since we know that the universe is continually expanding at an accelerating rate, what logic would a creator have in wasting so much time and resources doing such?


This creator, with infinite time, and intimate resources, how is it that any could be 'wasted'?
'Wasted' is a term that applies to limited resources, and time.
Logically, your comment does not make sense.

Given that we can reasonably accept that life is due to evolution by natural selection with no intervention, how can anyone rationally accept the concept of a God as creator?

It is just as easy to accept intervention.
Easier, since it makes things much more simple.
Which is easier, a few hundred million years of unguided evolution, or the blink of an eye?
Willows
Posts: 2,053
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 6:33:04 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/26/2016 1:45:09 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
At 10/26/2016 12:45:02 PM, Willows wrote:
Looking through the responses in my previous thread, "I Am Ready To Believe" it was interesting to note that not one post provided a viable explanation as to whether there is any element of creation in evolution.
http://www.debate.org...

Do we go beyond the earth to search for any signs of a God?

And since we know that the universe is continually expanding at an accelerating rate, what logic would a creator have in wasting so much time and resources doing such?


This creator, with infinite time, and intimate resources, how is it that any could be 'wasted'?
'Wasted' is a term that applies to limited resources, and time.
Logically, your comment does not make sense.

Only in the context of your limited thinking, in that you are making an assumption that "this creator" has infinite time and resources. The lamest explanation Ever made.

Given that we can reasonably accept that life is due to evolution by natural selection with no intervention, how can anyone rationally accept the concept of a God as creator?

It is just as easy to accept intervention.
Easier, since it makes things much more simple.
Which is easier, a few hundred million years of unguided evolution, or the blink of an eye?

And it gets lamer, doesn't it. You might try making a bit of effort and do a bit of research before spouting off nonsensical ramblings, not a good look at all.
Graincruncher
Posts: 2,799
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 7:05:42 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/26/2016 1:45:09 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
At 10/26/2016 12:45:02 PM, Willows wrote:
Looking through the responses in my previous thread, "I Am Ready To Believe" it was interesting to note that not one post provided a viable explanation as to whether there is any element of creation in evolution.
http://www.debate.org...

Do we go beyond the earth to search for any signs of a God?

And since we know that the universe is continually expanding at an accelerating rate, what logic would a creator have in wasting so much time and resources doing such?


This creator, with infinite time, and intimate resources, how is it that any could be 'wasted'?
'Wasted' is a term that applies to limited resources, and time.
Logically, your comment does not make sense.

Given that we can reasonably accept that life is due to evolution by natural selection with no intervention, how can anyone rationally accept the concept of a God as creator?

It is just as easy to accept intervention.
Easier, since it makes things much more simple.
Which is easier, a few hundred million years of unguided evolution, or the blink of an eye?

Disingenuous question. Let me rephrase for you:

Which is simpler; a universe we know exists or a universe we know exists plus an even more complex being we don't know exists?
graceofgod
Posts: 5,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 7:25:27 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/26/2016 12:45:02 PM, Willows wrote:
Looking through the responses in my previous thread, "I Am Ready To Believe" it was interesting to note that not one post provided a viable explanation as to whether there is any element of creation in evolution.
http://www.debate.org...

Do we go beyond the earth to search for any signs of a God?

And since we know that the universe is continually expanding at an accelerating rate, what logic would a creator have in wasting so much time and resources doing such?

Given that we can reasonably accept that life is due to evolution by natural selection with no intervention, how can anyone rationally accept the concept of a God as creator?

No one answered because you are not sincere in your search, no one is prepared to waste time on you...
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 7:29:08 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 7:25:27 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 10/26/2016 12:45:02 PM, Willows wrote:
Looking through the responses in my previous thread, "I Am Ready To Believe" it was interesting to note that not one post provided a viable explanation as to whether there is any element of creation in evolution.
http://www.debate.org...

Do we go beyond the earth to search for any signs of a God?

And since we know that the universe is continually expanding at an accelerating rate, what logic would a creator have in wasting so much time and resources doing such?

Given that we can reasonably accept that life is due to evolution by natural selection with no intervention, how can anyone rationally accept the concept of a God as creator?

No one answered because you are not sincere in your search, no one is prepared to waste time on you...

Says gog, wasting his time.
Willows
Posts: 2,053
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 1:30:42 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 7:25:27 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 10/26/2016 12:45:02 PM, Willows wrote:
Looking through the responses in my previous thread, "I Am Ready To Believe" it was interesting to note that not one post provided a viable explanation as to whether there is any element of creation in evolution.
http://www.debate.org...

Do we go beyond the earth to search for any signs of a God?

And since we know that the universe is continually expanding at an accelerating rate, what logic would a creator have in wasting so much time and resources doing such?

Given that we can reasonably accept that life is due to evolution by natural selection with no intervention, how can anyone rationally accept the concept of a God as creator?

No one answered because you are not sincere in your search, no one is prepared to waste time on you...
Wrong.
It is because the notion that creation has anything to do with evolution is completely unfounded and there is no evidence to support it.
There was just the usual theistic ducking, diving and avoiding the reality.
Welfare-Worker
Posts: 1,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 2:33:01 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 7:05:42 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
At 10/26/2016 1:45:09 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
At 10/26/2016 12:45:02 PM, Willows wrote:
Looking through the responses in my previous thread, "I Am Ready To Believe" it was interesting to note that not one post provided a viable explanation as to whether there is any element of creation in evolution.
http://www.debate.org...

Do we go beyond the earth to search for any signs of a God?

And since we know that the universe is continually expanding at an accelerating rate, what logic would a creator have in wasting so much time and resources doing such?


This creator, with infinite time, and intimate resources, how is it that any could be 'wasted'?
'Wasted' is a term that applies to limited resources, and time.
Logically, your comment does not make sense.

Given that we can reasonably accept that life is due to evolution by natural selection with no intervention, how can anyone rationally accept the concept of a God as creator?

It is just as easy to accept intervention.
Easier, since it makes things much more simple.
Which is easier, a few hundred million years of unguided evolution, or the blink of an eye?

Disingenuous question. Let me rephrase for you:

Which is simpler; a universe we know exists or a universe we know exists plus an even more complex being we don't know exists?

Well, I suppose the universe with god that we know exists is simpler than the universe without god, as you pose the question.
There is the possibility that you don't know god exists, I know many individuals are that way.
So, your way of looking at things really complicate the situation.
My way is nice and simple.
Welfare-Worker
Posts: 1,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 2:45:30 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 6:33:04 AM, Willows wrote:
At 10/26/2016 1:45:09 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
At 10/26/2016 12:45:02 PM, Willows wrote:
Looking through the responses in my previous thread, "I Am Ready To Believe" it was interesting to note that not one post provided a viable explanation as to whether there is any element of creation in evolution.
http://www.debate.org...

Do we go beyond the earth to search for any signs of a God?

And since we know that the universe is continually expanding at an accelerating rate, what logic would a creator have in wasting so much time and resources doing such?


This creator, with infinite time, and intimate resources, how is it that any could be 'wasted'?
'Wasted' is a term that applies to limited resources, and time.
Logically, your comment does not make sense.

Only in the context of your limited thinking, in that you are making an assumption that "this creator" has infinite time and resources. The lamest explanation Ever made.


So you have a problem with word usage. You know, what words actually mean.
The meaning of the word God is very clear, and at his disposal are unlimited time and resources.
Denying that is......well, I have to question your IQ or your sanity, or both.
"The creator" as identified in every religion is as I have described. Not just "this creator" (whatever that means) but all theorized creators. Even ones I do not personally accept, and ALL of the ones you do not accept.

Given that we can reasonably accept that life is due to evolution by natural selection with no intervention, how can anyone rationally accept the concept of a God as creator?

It is just as easy to accept intervention.
Easier, since it makes things much more simple.
Which is easier, a few hundred million years of unguided evolution, or the blink of an eye?

And it gets lamer, doesn't it. You might try making a bit of effort and do a bit of research before spouting off nonsensical ramblings, not a good look at all.

I have been doing research, probably since before your mother was born.
Just a hunch.
Let's just say since before man stepped foot on the moon.
I was well into college at that point in time, and had over a dozen years of research behind me.
I have been questioning such things, for a long time.
KwLm
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 2:49:17 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 2:45:30 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
At 10/27/2016 6:33:04 AM, Willows wrote:
At 10/26/2016 1:45:09 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
At 10/26/2016 12:45:02 PM, Willows wrote:
Looking through the responses in my previous thread, "I Am Ready To Believe" it was interesting to note that not one post provided a viable explanation as to whether there is any element of creation in evolution.
http://www.debate.org...

Do we go beyond the earth to search for any signs of a God?

And since we know that the universe is continually expanding at an accelerating rate, what logic would a creator have in wasting so much time and resources doing such?


This creator, with infinite time, and intimate resources, how is it that any could be 'wasted'?
'Wasted' is a term that applies to limited resources, and time.
Logically, your comment does not make sense.

Only in the context of your limited thinking, in that you are making an assumption that "this creator" has infinite time and resources. The lamest explanation Ever made.


So you have a problem with word usage. You know, what words actually mean.
The meaning of the word God is very clear, and at his disposal are unlimited time and resources.
Denying that is......well, I have to question your IQ or your sanity, or both.
"The creator" as identified in every religion is as I have described. Not just "this creator" (whatever that means) but all theorized creators. Even ones I do not personally accept, and ALL of the ones you do not accept.



Given that we can reasonably accept that life is due to evolution by natural selection with no intervention, how can anyone rationally accept the concept of a God as creator?

It is just as easy to accept intervention.
Easier, since it makes things much more simple.
Which is easier, a few hundred million years of unguided evolution, or the blink of an eye?

And it gets lamer, doesn't it. You might try making a bit of effort and do a bit of research before spouting off nonsensical ramblings, not a good look at all.

I have been doing research, probably since before your mother was born.
Just a hunch.
Let's just say since before man stepped foot on the moon.
I was well into college at that point in time, and had over a dozen years of research behind me.
I have been questioning such things, for a long time.

This might help your research http://godisimaginary.com...
Welfare-Worker
Posts: 1,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 2:57:22 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 2:49:17 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:45:30 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
At 10/27/2016 6:33:04 AM, Willows wrote:
At 10/26/2016 1:45:09 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
At 10/26/2016 12:45:02 PM, Willows wrote:
Looking through the responses in my previous thread, "I Am Ready To Believe" it was interesting to note that not one post provided a viable explanation as to whether there is any element of creation in evolution.
http://www.debate.org...

Do we go beyond the earth to search for any signs of a God?

And since we know that the universe is continually expanding at an accelerating rate, what logic would a creator have in wasting so much time and resources doing such?


This creator, with infinite time, and intimate resources, how is it that any could be 'wasted'?
'Wasted' is a term that applies to limited resources, and time.
Logically, your comment does not make sense.

Only in the context of your limited thinking, in that you are making an assumption that "this creator" has infinite time and resources. The lamest explanation Ever made.


So you have a problem with word usage. You know, what words actually mean.
The meaning of the word God is very clear, and at his disposal are unlimited time and resources.
Denying that is......well, I have to question your IQ or your sanity, or both.
"The creator" as identified in every religion is as I have described. Not just "this creator" (whatever that means) but all theorized creators. Even ones I do not personally accept, and ALL of the ones you do not accept.



Given that we can reasonably accept that life is due to evolution by natural selection with no intervention, how can anyone rationally accept the concept of a God as creator?

It is just as easy to accept intervention.
Easier, since it makes things much more simple.
Which is easier, a few hundred million years of unguided evolution, or the blink of an eye?

And it gets lamer, doesn't it. You might try making a bit of effort and do a bit of research before spouting off nonsensical ramblings, not a good look at all.

I have been doing research, probably since before your mother was born.
Just a hunch.
Let's just say since before man stepped foot on the moon.
I was well into college at that point in time, and had over a dozen years of research behind me.
I have been questioning such things, for a long time.

This might help your research http://godisimaginary.com...

You guys crack me up.
For all of the things I believe about myself, I have no scientific evidence.
I have no scientific evidence for what I ate for supper last evening.
I have no scientific evidence for how much I love friends and family.
I have no scientific evidence love even exists.
I have no scientific evidence to verify most of my formal education.
No scientific evidence I read all of the books I have read.
No scientific evidence to verify know what it feels lie to go 130 PH on two wheels.
No scientific evidence for, well, just about everything I have ever experienced.
And neither do you.
Welfare-Worker
Posts: 1,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 3:07:13 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Prove the supernatural with science????
That's like proving how long you have to wait for a burger with a meter rod.
You just can't get there from here, and anyone who knows about the meaning of words knows the supernatural is beyond the understanding of Science.
That doesn't make science a bad thing, just points out it has limitations.

If it would have no limitations, it would be......godlike.
We really do not want to go there, do we.
KwLm
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 3:07:38 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 2:57:22 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:49:17 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:45:30 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
At 10/27/2016 6:33:04 AM, Willows wrote:
At 10/26/2016 1:45:09 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
At 10/26/2016 12:45:02 PM, Willows wrote:


This might help your research http://godisimaginary.com...

You guys crack me up.
For all of the things I believe about myself, I have no scientific evidence.
I have no scientific evidence for what I ate for supper last evening.
I have no scientific evidence for how much I love friends and family.
I have no scientific evidence love even exists.
I have no scientific evidence to verify most of my formal education.
No scientific evidence I read all of the books I have read.
No scientific evidence to verify know what it feels lie to go 130 PH on two wheels.
No scientific evidence for, well, just about everything I have ever experienced.
And neither do you.

Great speech there, well done
KwLm
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 3:09:24 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 3:07:13 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
Prove the supernatural with science????
That's like proving how long you have to wait for a burger with a meter rod.
You just can't get there from here, and anyone who knows about the meaning of words knows the supernatural is beyond the understanding of Science.
That doesn't make science a bad thing, just points out it has limitations.

If it would have no limitations, it would be......godlike.
We really do not want to go there, do we.

Therefore the supernatural doesn't exist until proven otherwise
Welfare-Worker
Posts: 1,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 3:16:04 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 3:09:24 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 10/27/2016 3:07:13 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
Prove the supernatural with science????
That's like proving how long you have to wait for a burger with a meter rod.
You just can't get there from here, and anyone who knows about the meaning of words knows the supernatural is beyond the understanding of Science.
That doesn't make science a bad thing, just points out it has limitations.

If it would have no limitations, it would be......godlike.
We really do not want to go there, do we.

Therefore the supernatural doesn't exist until proven otherwise

Yeah, and you haven't eaten anything since the day your were born.
You never watched a movie.
You never did anything.
Hey, you have no scientific evidence to give me to prove you exist.
Ergo...........
Nice to interact with you bot. You do a good imitation of a human.
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,208
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 3:19:17 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 3:16:04 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
At 10/27/2016 3:09:24 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 10/27/2016 3:07:13 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
Prove the supernatural with science????
That's like proving how long you have to wait for a burger with a meter rod.
You just can't get there from here, and anyone who knows about the meaning of words knows the supernatural is beyond the understanding of Science.
That doesn't make science a bad thing, just points out it has limitations.

If it would have no limitations, it would be......godlike.
We really do not want to go there, do we.

Therefore the supernatural doesn't exist until proven otherwise

Yeah, and you haven't eaten anything since the day your were born.
You never watched a movie.
You never did anything.
Hey, you have no scientific evidence to give me to prove you exist.
Ergo...........
Nice to interact with you bot. You do a good imitation of a human.

So you deny existence, then concede existence.

Interesting.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Welfare-Worker
Posts: 1,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 3:24:03 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 3:19:17 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 10/27/2016 3:16:04 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
At 10/27/2016 3:09:24 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 10/27/2016 3:07:13 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
Prove the supernatural with science????
That's like proving how long you have to wait for a burger with a meter rod.
You just can't get there from here, and anyone who knows about the meaning of words knows the supernatural is beyond the understanding of Science.
That doesn't make science a bad thing, just points out it has limitations.

If it would have no limitations, it would be......godlike.
We really do not want to go there, do we.

Therefore the supernatural doesn't exist until proven otherwise

Yeah, and you haven't eaten anything since the day your were born.
You never watched a movie.
You never did anything.
Hey, you have no scientific evidence to give me to prove you exist.
Ergo...........
Nice to interact with you bot. You do a good imitation of a human.

So you deny existence, then concede existence.

Interesting.

So, you are no fan of factious humor.
Sometimes it is lost, but still fun.
Of course I believe KwLm has eaten since they were born.
I even believe they have seen a movie. Imagine that, and with not a bit of scientific evidence, for any of that. Yet I still believe.
Willows
Posts: 2,053
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 3:45:58 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 2:45:30 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
At 10/27/2016 6:33:04 AM, Willows wrote:
At 10/26/2016 1:45:09 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
At 10/26/2016 12:45:02 PM, Willows wrote:
Looking through the responses in my previous thread, "I Am Ready To Believe" it was interesting to note that not one post provided a viable explanation as to whether there is any element of creation in evolution.
http://www.debate.org...

Do we go beyond the earth to search for any signs of a God?

And since we know that the universe is continually expanding at an accelerating rate, what logic would a creator have in wasting so much time and resources doing such?


This creator, with infinite time, and intimate resources, how is it that any could be 'wasted'?
'Wasted' is a term that applies to limited resources, and time.
Logically, your comment does not make sense.

Only in the context of your limited thinking, in that you are making an assumption that "this creator" has infinite time and resources. The lamest explanation Ever made.


So you have a problem with word usage. You know, what words actually mean.
The meaning of the word God is very clear, and at his disposal are unlimited time and resources.
Denying that is......well, I have to question your IQ or your sanity, or both.
"The creator" as identified in every religion is as I have described. Not just "this creator" (whatever that means) but all theorized creators. Even ones I do not personally accept, and ALL of the ones you do not accept.



Given that we can reasonably accept that life is due to evolution by natural selection with no intervention, how can anyone rationally accept the concept of a God as creator?

It is just as easy to accept intervention.
Easier, since it makes things much more simple.
Which is easier, a few hundred million years of unguided evolution, or the blink of an eye?

And it gets lamer, doesn't it. You might try making a bit of effort and do a bit of research before spouting off nonsensical ramblings, not a good look at all.

I have been doing research, probably since before your mother was born.
Just a hunch.
Let's just say since before man stepped foot on the moon.
I was well into college at that point in time, and had over a dozen years of research behind me.
I have been questioning such things, for a long time.

So what. It seems that the answers that you seem to formulate are very lame.
I have heard of Occams Razor also....very lame.
KwLm
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 3:46:27 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 3:24:03 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
At 10/27/2016 3:19:17 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 10/27/2016 3:16:04 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
At 10/27/2016 3:09:24 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 10/27/2016 3:07:13 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
Prove the supernatural with science????
That's like proving how long you have to wait for a burger with a meter rod.
You just can't get there from here, and anyone who knows about the meaning of words knows the supernatural is beyond the understanding of Science.
That doesn't make science a bad thing, just points out it has limitations.

If it would have no limitations, it would be......godlike.
We really do not want to go there, do we.

Therefore the supernatural doesn't exist until proven otherwise

Yeah, and you haven't eaten anything since the day your were born.
You never watched a movie.
You never did anything.
Hey, you have no scientific evidence to give me to prove you exist.
Ergo...........
Nice to interact with you bot. You do a good imitation of a human.

So you deny existence, then concede existence.

Interesting.

So, you are no fan of factious humor.
Sometimes it is lost, but still fun.
Of course I believe KwLm has eaten since they were born.
I even believe they have seen a movie. Imagine that, and with not a bit of scientific evidence, for any of that. Yet I still believe.

You only believe I have eaten, you only believe I was born because you think i'm human, perhaps I'm not human, perhaps I am a God reincarnated just to annoy and bother people on the internet . Do you truly believe or do you just assume, there is a bit of a difference, you assume I've seen a movie and eaten etc but without me showing you evidence of these acts, how could you ever truly know?
Welfare-Worker
Posts: 1,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 3:53:32 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 3:45:58 PM, Willows wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:45:30 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
At 10/27/2016 6:33:04 AM, Willows wrote:
At 10/26/2016 1:45:09 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
At 10/26/2016 12:45:02 PM, Willows wrote:
Looking through the responses in my previous thread, "I Am Ready To Believe" it was interesting to note that not one post provided a viable explanation as to whether there is any element of creation in evolution.
http://www.debate.org...

Do we go beyond the earth to search for any signs of a God?

And since we know that the universe is continually expanding at an accelerating rate, what logic would a creator have in wasting so much time and resources doing such?


This creator, with infinite time, and intimate resources, how is it that any could be 'wasted'?
'Wasted' is a term that applies to limited resources, and time.
Logically, your comment does not make sense.

Only in the context of your limited thinking, in that you are making an assumption that "this creator" has infinite time and resources. The lamest explanation Ever made.


So you have a problem with word usage. You know, what words actually mean.
The meaning of the word God is very clear, and at his disposal are unlimited time and resources.
Denying that is......well, I have to question your IQ or your sanity, or both.
"The creator" as identified in every religion is as I have described. Not just "this creator" (whatever that means) but all theorized creators. Even ones I do not personally accept, and ALL of the ones you do not accept.



Given that we can reasonably accept that life is due to evolution by natural selection with no intervention, how can anyone rationally accept the concept of a God as creator?

It is just as easy to accept intervention.
Easier, since it makes things much more simple.
Which is easier, a few hundred million years of unguided evolution, or the blink of an eye?

And it gets lamer, doesn't it. You might try making a bit of effort and do a bit of research before spouting off nonsensical ramblings, not a good look at all.

I have been doing research, probably since before your mother was born.
Just a hunch.
Let's just say since before man stepped foot on the moon.
I was well into college at that point in time, and had over a dozen years of research behind me.
I have been questioning such things, for a long time.

So what. It seems that the answers that you seem to formulate are very lame.
I have heard of Occams Razor also....very lame.

If mine are lame, yours are outright bedridden.
Welfare-Worker
Posts: 1,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 4:06:33 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 3:46:27 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 10/27/2016 3:24:03 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
At 10/27/2016 3:19:17 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 10/27/2016 3:16:04 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
At 10/27/2016 3:09:24 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 10/27/2016 3:07:13 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
Prove the supernatural with science????
That's like proving how long you have to wait for a burger with a meter rod.
You just can't get there from here, and anyone who knows about the meaning of words knows the supernatural is beyond the understanding of Science.
That doesn't make science a bad thing, just points out it has limitations.

If it would have no limitations, it would be......godlike.
We really do not want to go there, do we.

Therefore the supernatural doesn't exist until proven otherwise

Yeah, and you haven't eaten anything since the day your were born.
You never watched a movie.
You never did anything.
Hey, you have no scientific evidence to give me to prove you exist.
Ergo...........
Nice to interact with you bot. You do a good imitation of a human.

So you deny existence, then concede existence.

Interesting.

So, you are no fan of factious humor.
Sometimes it is lost, but still fun.
Of course I believe KwLm has eaten since they were born.
I even believe they have seen a movie. Imagine that, and with not a bit of scientific evidence, for any of that. Yet I still believe.

You only believe I have eaten, you only believe I was born because you think i'm human, perhaps I'm not human, perhaps I am a God reincarnated just to annoy and bother people on the internet . Do you truly believe or do you just assume, there is a bit of a difference, you assume I've seen a movie and eaten etc but without me showing you evidence of these acts, how could you ever truly know?

I told a fellow once that when I was going around a blind curve at 60mph on my two wheels I knew that the road would be where when I needed it to support my two wheels.
He tried to tell me I couldn't know that - maybe it just dropped off, a sheer cliff. He said I couldn't know for sure.
I assured him that I had no doubts, and if I did have any doubts, about my two wheels, my ability, or the existence of a road, I could not navigate that road safely.
I know the road will be there around a blind curve. Maybe a hazard that I will have to deal with, but I really have no doubt abut the road. It will be there.
I suggest you never take up motorcycle riding, as you will probably have many problems. Single vehicle motorcycle accidents are caused by doubt as much as external factors.

Some people think that what they know, is what everyone knows.
Some people think that if they do not know something, no one else can know it.

Knowledge is a justified true belief.
You find justification where you want to, and I will find it where I want to.
You do not have to follow my rules, and I sure don't have to follow yours.
I have knowledge, where you have ignorance.
You think you know things, you do not know - that is what ignorance is.

Once a person knows something, it is impossible NOT to believe.
Welfare-Worker
Posts: 1,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 4:35:28 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
I know that people have to eat to live.
Someone old enough to use a computer had to eat sometime between birth and present.
By using logic, not science, I have a justified true belief your have eaten.

I have knowledge, and you should have the same knowledge, no science needed.
Justification raises belief to the level of knowledge.
graceofgod
Posts: 5,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 4:37:29 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 1:30:42 PM, Willows wrote:
At 10/27/2016 7:25:27 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 10/26/2016 12:45:02 PM, Willows wrote:
Looking through the responses in my previous thread, "I Am Ready To Believe" it was interesting to note that not one post provided a viable explanation as to whether there is any element of creation in evolution.
http://www.debate.org...

Do we go beyond the earth to search for any signs of a God?

And since we know that the universe is continually expanding at an accelerating rate, what logic would a creator have in wasting so much time and resources doing such?

Given that we can reasonably accept that life is due to evolution by natural selection with no intervention, how can anyone rationally accept the concept of a God as creator?

No one answered because you are not sincere in your search, no one is prepared to waste time on you...
Wrong.
It is because the notion that creation has anything to do with evolution is completely unfounded and there is no evidence to support it.
There was just the usual theistic ducking, diving and avoiding the reality.

you are wrong, it is because you don't want to hear the truth.... pearls before swine and all that...
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,609
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 4:51:40 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 4:37:29 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 10/27/2016 1:30:42 PM, Willows wrote:
At 10/27/2016 7:25:27 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 10/26/2016 12:45:02 PM, Willows wrote:
Looking through the responses in my previous thread, "I Am Ready To Believe" it was interesting to note that not one post provided a viable explanation as to whether there is any element of creation in evolution.
http://www.debate.org...

Do we go beyond the earth to search for any signs of a God?

And since we know that the universe is continually expanding at an accelerating rate, what logic would a creator have in wasting so much time and resources doing such?

Given that we can reasonably accept that life is due to evolution by natural selection with no intervention, how can anyone rationally accept the concept of a God as creator?

No one answered because you are not sincere in your search, no one is prepared to waste time on you...
Wrong.
It is because the notion that creation has anything to do with evolution is completely unfounded and there is no evidence to support it.
There was just the usual theistic ducking, diving and avoiding the reality.

you are wrong, it is because you don't want to hear the truth.... pearls before swine and all that...

LOL, so you previously said the reason you're here is to spread the gospel, but the minute someone gives you the opportunity to do so, you refuse and call them swine.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
graceofgod
Posts: 5,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 4:56:38 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 4:51:40 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 10/27/2016 4:37:29 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 10/27/2016 1:30:42 PM, Willows wrote:
At 10/27/2016 7:25:27 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 10/26/2016 12:45:02 PM, Willows wrote:
Looking through the responses in my previous thread, "I Am Ready To Believe" it was interesting to note that not one post provided a viable explanation as to whether there is any element of creation in evolution.
http://www.debate.org...

Do we go beyond the earth to search for any signs of a God?

And since we know that the universe is continually expanding at an accelerating rate, what logic would a creator have in wasting so much time and resources doing such?

Given that we can reasonably accept that life is due to evolution by natural selection with no intervention, how can anyone rationally accept the concept of a God as creator?

No one answered because you are not sincere in your search, no one is prepared to waste time on you...
Wrong.
It is because the notion that creation has anything to do with evolution is completely unfounded and there is no evidence to support it.
There was just the usual theistic ducking, diving and avoiding the reality.

you are wrong, it is because you don't want to hear the truth.... pearls before swine and all that...

LOL, so you previously said the reason you're here is to spread the gospel, but the minute someone gives you the opportunity to do so, you refuse and call them swine.

If they do not want to hear and they will only mock God, I don't see the point of continuing, they have made their choice, come the day, they cannot say they did not hear the gospel...

the word says if they do not receive, leave them, wipe the dust of your feet and take your peace away with you...
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,609
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 5:04:41 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 4:56:38 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 10/27/2016 4:51:40 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 10/27/2016 4:37:29 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 10/27/2016 1:30:42 PM, Willows wrote:
At 10/27/2016 7:25:27 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 10/26/2016 12:45:02 PM, Willows wrote:
Looking through the responses in my previous thread, "I Am Ready To Believe" it was interesting to note that not one post provided a viable explanation as to whether there is any element of creation in evolution.
http://www.debate.org...

Do we go beyond the earth to search for any signs of a God?

And since we know that the universe is continually expanding at an accelerating rate, what logic would a creator have in wasting so much time and resources doing such?

Given that we can reasonably accept that life is due to evolution by natural selection with no intervention, how can anyone rationally accept the concept of a God as creator?

No one answered because you are not sincere in your search, no one is prepared to waste time on you...
Wrong.
It is because the notion that creation has anything to do with evolution is completely unfounded and there is no evidence to support it.
There was just the usual theistic ducking, diving and avoiding the reality.

you are wrong, it is because you don't want to hear the truth.... pearls before swine and all that...

LOL, so you previously said the reason you're here is to spread the gospel, but the minute someone gives you the opportunity to do so, you refuse and call them swine.

If they do not want to hear and they will only mock God, I don't see the point of continuing, they have made their choice, come the day, they cannot say they did not hear the gospel...

Then obviously, you have nothing more to say here. Can we therefore conclude you'll be closing your account and moving on to other forums?

the word says if they do not receive, leave them, wipe the dust of your feet and take your peace away with you...

Ah, then you are leaving. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Graincruncher
Posts: 2,799
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 6:29:02 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 2:33:01 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
At 10/27/2016 7:05:42 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
At 10/26/2016 1:45:09 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
At 10/26/2016 12:45:02 PM, Willows wrote:
Looking through the responses in my previous thread, "I Am Ready To Believe" it was interesting to note that not one post provided a viable explanation as to whether there is any element of creation in evolution.
http://www.debate.org...

Do we go beyond the earth to search for any signs of a God?

And since we know that the universe is continually expanding at an accelerating rate, what logic would a creator have in wasting so much time and resources doing such?


This creator, with infinite time, and intimate resources, how is it that any could be 'wasted'?
'Wasted' is a term that applies to limited resources, and time.
Logically, your comment does not make sense.

Given that we can reasonably accept that life is due to evolution by natural selection with no intervention, how can anyone rationally accept the concept of a God as creator?

It is just as easy to accept intervention.
Easier, since it makes things much more simple.
Which is easier, a few hundred million years of unguided evolution, or the blink of an eye?

Disingenuous question. Let me rephrase for you:

Which is simpler; a universe we know exists or a universe we know exists plus an even more complex being we don't know exists?

Well, I suppose the universe with god that we know exists is simpler than the universe without god, as you pose the question.
There is the possibility that you don't know god exists, I know many individuals are that way.
So, your way of looking at things really complicate the situation.
My way is nice and simple.

So you think "complex thing" is more complex than "complex thing plus more complex thing"? Because that's thoroughly stupid, if so.
graceofgod
Posts: 5,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 6:37:30 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 5:04:41 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 10/27/2016 4:56:38 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 10/27/2016 4:51:40 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 10/27/2016 4:37:29 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 10/27/2016 1:30:42 PM, Willows wrote:
At 10/27/2016 7:25:27 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 10/26/2016 12:45:02 PM, Willows wrote:
Looking through the responses in my previous thread, "I Am Ready To Believe" it was interesting to note that not one post provided a viable explanation as to whether there is any element of creation in evolution.
http://www.debate.org...

Do we go beyond the earth to search for any signs of a God?

And since we know that the universe is continually expanding at an accelerating rate, what logic would a creator have in wasting so much time and resources doing such?

Given that we can reasonably accept that life is due to evolution by natural selection with no intervention, how can anyone rationally accept the concept of a God as creator?

No one answered because you are not sincere in your search, no one is prepared to waste time on you...
Wrong.
It is because the notion that creation has anything to do with evolution is completely unfounded and there is no evidence to support it.
There was just the usual theistic ducking, diving and avoiding the reality.

you are wrong, it is because you don't want to hear the truth.... pearls before swine and all that...

LOL, so you previously said the reason you're here is to spread the gospel, but the minute someone gives you the opportunity to do so, you refuse and call them swine.

If they do not want to hear and they will only mock God, I don't see the point of continuing, they have made their choice, come the day, they cannot say they did not hear the gospel...

Then obviously, you have nothing more to say here. Can we therefore conclude you'll be closing your account and moving on to other forums?

the word says if they do not receive, leave them, wipe the dust of your feet and take your peace away with you...

Ah, then you are leaving. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

leave them...