Total Posts:32|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

How to disprove both Evolution and God

Silly_Billy
Posts: 644
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 11:35:45 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
Today I was presented with the following argument against Evolution and in favour of God:

I view evolution as theory, which was proposed by humans, under inspiration of things they could see around. So I think as close to the truth it may seem, it is not, because it was proposed by humans, who were low on the spirit of our creator.

The question I have is, aren't Theists proposing that there is a God under inspiration of things that they could see around? And if the argument against Evolution is true, shouldn't that equally disprove the existence of God?
KwLm
Posts: 493
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 12:09:13 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 11:35:45 AM, Silly_Billy wrote:
Today I was presented with the following argument against Evolution and in favour of God:

I view evolution as theory, which was proposed by humans, under inspiration of things they could see around. So I think as close to the truth it may seem, it is not, because it was proposed by humans, who were low on the spirit of our creator.

The question I have is, aren't Theists proposing that there is a God under inspiration of things that they could see around? And if the argument against Evolution is true, shouldn't that equally disprove the existence of God?

But evolution is a fact and the other is folly, I don't believe that guy actually understood what the theory of evolution is, and of course being indoctrinated and brainwashed doesn't help either.
Silly_Billy
Posts: 644
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 12:21:47 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 12:09:13 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 10/27/2016 11:35:45 AM, Silly_Billy wrote:
Today I was presented with the following argument against Evolution and in favour of God:

I view evolution as theory, which was proposed by humans, under inspiration of things they could see around. So I think as close to the truth it may seem, it is not, because it was proposed by humans, who were low on the spirit of our creator.

The question I have is, aren't Theists proposing that there is a God under inspiration of things that they could see around? And if the argument against Evolution is true, shouldn't that equally disprove the existence of God?

But evolution is a fact and the other is folly, I don't believe that guy actually understood what the theory of evolution is, and of course being indoctrinated and brainwashed doesn't help either.

That was got me was that his argument destroys the very foundations on what his belief is based on. Surely the one who said it must have been taught about the existence of God by other people who... would have had to have been human and therefor, by his own argument, have to be equally wrong.
KwLm
Posts: 493
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 12:34:13 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 12:21:47 PM, Silly_Billy wrote:
At 10/27/2016 12:09:13 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 10/27/2016 11:35:45 AM, Silly_Billy wrote:
Today I was presented with the following argument against Evolution and in favour of God:

I view evolution as theory, which was proposed by humans, under inspiration of things they could see around. So I think as close to the truth it may seem, it is not, because it was proposed by humans, who were low on the spirit of our creator.

The question I have is, aren't Theists proposing that there is a God under inspiration of things that they could see around? And if the argument against Evolution is true, shouldn't that equally disprove the existence of God?

But evolution is a fact and the other is folly, I don't believe that guy actually understood what the theory of evolution is, and of course being indoctrinated and brainwashed doesn't help either.

That was got me was that his argument destroys the very foundations on what his belief is based on. Surely the one who said it must have been taught about the existence of God by other people who... would have had to have been human and therefor, by his own argument, have to be equally wrong.

True, yet he will refute it because he already presupposes god in his argument. I've seen this argument before, It's based on the fact he already believes in his mythical sky dragon so logic used against it will always fail.
bulproof
Posts: 25,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 12:40:21 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 11:35:45 AM, Silly_Billy wrote:
Today I was presented with the following argument against Evolution and in favour of God:

I view evolution as theory, which was proposed by humans, under inspiration of things they could see around. So I think as close to the truth it may seem, it is not, because it was proposed by humans, who were low on the spirit of our creator.

The question I have is, aren't Theists proposing that there is a God under inspiration of things that they could see around? And if the argument against Evolution is true, shouldn't that equally disprove the existence of God?
Scientists have enormous amounts of evidence that supports evolution, creationists have no evidence to support their claim.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Silly_Billy
Posts: 644
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 12:49:52 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 12:40:21 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/27/2016 11:35:45 AM, Silly_Billy wrote:
Today I was presented with the following argument against Evolution and in favour of God:

I view evolution as theory, which was proposed by humans, under inspiration of things they could see around. So I think as close to the truth it may seem, it is not, because it was proposed by humans, who were low on the spirit of our creator.

The question I have is, aren't Theists proposing that there is a God under inspiration of things that they could see around? And if the argument against Evolution is true, shouldn't that equally disprove the existence of God?
Scientists have enormous amounts of evidence that supports evolution, creationists have no evidence to support their claim.

Very true though personally I do not discount the possibility of there being a God (I just don't belief there is). What I do discount however is the so-called truth of religion especially, (as by what you said) as they are unable to provide any verifiable evidence whatsoever that their religion is right and everyone else's must therefore be wrong.

The way I see it, Christians do not really believe in God, they believe in the Bible and even if God himself came down from the heavens to tell them that the truth is not what the Bible tells them it is, most of them would still go on believing what the Bible tells them.
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,320
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 1:45:12 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 12:09:13 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 10/27/2016 11:35:45 AM, Silly_Billy wrote:
Today I was presented with the following argument against Evolution and in favour of God:

I view evolution as theory, which was proposed by humans, under inspiration of things they could see around. So I think as close to the truth it may seem, it is not, because it was proposed by humans, who were low on the spirit of our creator.

The question I have is, aren't Theists proposing that there is a God under inspiration of things that they could see around? And if the argument against Evolution is true, shouldn't that equally disprove the existence of God?

But evolution is a fact and the other is folly, I don't believe that guy actually understood what the theory of evolution is, and of course being indoctrinated and brainwashed doesn't help either.

Your signature says a lot about how brainwashed you are. The truth must be seen? Have advanced mathematics never existed until someone made the necessary additions? No. All mathematics have existed in its entirety since the birth of the universe. Just because you cannot see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
bulproof
Posts: 25,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 1:48:48 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 12:49:52 PM, Silly_Billy wrote:
At 10/27/2016 12:40:21 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/27/2016 11:35:45 AM, Silly_Billy wrote:
Today I was presented with the following argument against Evolution and in favour of God:

I view evolution as theory, which was proposed by humans, under inspiration of things they could see around. So I think as close to the truth it may seem, it is not, because it was proposed by humans, who were low on the spirit of our creator.

The question I have is, aren't Theists proposing that there is a God under inspiration of things that they could see around? And if the argument against Evolution is true, shouldn't that equally disprove the existence of God?
Scientists have enormous amounts of evidence that supports evolution, creationists have no evidence to support their claim.

Very true though personally I do not discount the possibility of there being a God (I just don't belief there is). What I do discount however is the so-called truth of religion especially, (as by what you said) as they are unable to provide any verifiable evidence whatsoever that their religion is right and everyone else's must therefore be wrong.

The way I see it, Christians do not really believe in God, they believe in the Bible and even if God himself came down from the heavens to tell them that the truth is not what the Bible tells them it is, most of them would still go on believing what the Bible tells them.

+11
The poor things.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
KwLm
Posts: 493
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 2:31:05 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 1:45:12 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 10/27/2016 12:09:13 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 10/27/2016 11:35:45 AM, Silly_Billy wrote:
Today I was presented with the following argument against Evolution and in favour of God:

I view evolution as theory, which was proposed by humans, under inspiration of things they could see around. So I think as close to the truth it may seem, it is not, because it was proposed by humans, who were low on the spirit of our creator.

The question I have is, aren't Theists proposing that there is a God under inspiration of things that they could see around? And if the argument against Evolution is true, shouldn't that equally disprove the existence of God?

But evolution is a fact and the other is folly, I don't believe that guy actually understood what the theory of evolution is, and of course being indoctrinated and brainwashed doesn't help either.

Your signature says a lot about how brainwashed you are. The truth must be seen? Have advanced mathematics never existed until someone made the necessary additions? No. All mathematics have existed in its entirety since the birth of the universe. Just because you cannot see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

If all you get is the literal quotation of my signature, then i'm afraid you are very small minded, and why you bring mathematics into a discussion about evolution and religion is beyond me, Because you cannot see it, doesn't mean it exists (in relation to God)
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,320
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 2:39:17 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 2:31:05 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 10/27/2016 1:45:12 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 10/27/2016 12:09:13 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 10/27/2016 11:35:45 AM, Silly_Billy wrote:
Today I was presented with the following argument against Evolution and in favour of God:

I view evolution as theory, which was proposed by humans, under inspiration of things they could see around. So I think as close to the truth it may seem, it is not, because it was proposed by humans, who were low on the spirit of our creator.

The question I have is, aren't Theists proposing that there is a God under inspiration of things that they could see around? And if the argument against Evolution is true, shouldn't that equally disprove the existence of God?

But evolution is a fact and the other is folly, I don't believe that guy actually understood what the theory of evolution is, and of course being indoctrinated and brainwashed doesn't help either.

Your signature says a lot about how brainwashed you are. The truth must be seen? Have advanced mathematics never existed until someone made the necessary additions? No. All mathematics have existed in its entirety since the birth of the universe. Just because you cannot see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

If all you get is the literal quotation of my signature, then i'm afraid you are very small minded, and why you bring mathematics into a discussion about evolution and religion is beyond me, Because you cannot see it, doesn't mean it exists (in relation to God)

Because mathematics has everything to do with everything in the universe built on the harmonies of synchronized numerals. Only a small mind would assume an evolution to occur in mathematics. There is no evolution in mathematics. The mathematics of biology was bounded from the moment of the Big Bang.
dee-em
Posts: 6,474
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 9:52:06 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 11:35:45 AM, Silly_Billy wrote:
Today I was presented with the following argument against Evolution and in favour of God:

I view evolution as theory, which was proposed by humans, under inspiration of things they could see around. So I think as close to the truth it may seem, it is not, because it was proposed by humans, who were low on the spirit of our creator.

The question I have is, aren't Theists proposing that there is a God under inspiration of things that they could see around? And if the argument against Evolution is true, shouldn't that equally disprove the existence of God?

By that line of reasoning s/he would reject any scientific theory as being "untrue". Yet you never see theists using such an argument against Germ Theory or the theory of gravity. It is always evolution (or the Big Bang). Funny that.

The thing about scientific theories is not whether they are "true" or "proved". It is about whether they fully explain what is observed, have been verified by repeated experimentation, and offer useful predictions and insights. Evolution does that and has been doing it for 150+ years. Therefore this nonsense about "truth" is a strawman and has little relevance to science. Truths and proofs are confined to mathematics. The ToE could be overturned tomorrow but the replacement theory would have to explain everything that the ToE does and more. Whilst that is possible, the chances of it happening now are somewhere between slim and none.
janesix
Posts: 3,466
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 9:56:05 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 2:39:17 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:31:05 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 10/27/2016 1:45:12 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 10/27/2016 12:09:13 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 10/27/2016 11:35:45 AM, Silly_Billy wrote:
Today I was presented with the following argument against Evolution and in favour of God:

I view evolution as theory, which was proposed by humans, under inspiration of things they could see around. So I think as close to the truth it may seem, it is not, because it was proposed by humans, who were low on the spirit of our creator.

The question I have is, aren't Theists proposing that there is a God under inspiration of things that they could see around? And if the argument against Evolution is true, shouldn't that equally disprove the existence of God?

But evolution is a fact and the other is folly, I don't believe that guy actually understood what the theory of evolution is, and of course being indoctrinated and brainwashed doesn't help either.

Your signature says a lot about how brainwashed you are. The truth must be seen? Have advanced mathematics never existed until someone made the necessary additions? No. All mathematics have existed in its entirety since the birth of the universe. Just because you cannot see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

If all you get is the literal quotation of my signature, then i'm afraid you are very small minded, and why you bring mathematics into a discussion about evolution and religion is beyond me, Because you cannot see it, doesn't mean it exists (in relation to God)

Because mathematics has everything to do with everything in the universe built on the harmonies of synchronized numerals. Only a small mind would assume an evolution to occur in mathematics. There is no evolution in mathematics. The mathematics of biology was bounded from the moment of the Big Bang.

Yes. Finally someone has some insight. It's refreshing.
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,320
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 10:12:27 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 9:56:05 PM, janesix wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:39:17 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:31:05 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 10/27/2016 1:45:12 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 10/27/2016 12:09:13 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 10/27/2016 11:35:45 AM, Silly_Billy wrote:
Today I was presented with the following argument against Evolution and in favour of God:

I view evolution as theory, which was proposed by humans, under inspiration of things they could see around. So I think as close to the truth it may seem, it is not, because it was proposed by humans, who were low on the spirit of our creator.

The question I have is, aren't Theists proposing that there is a God under inspiration of things that they could see around? And if the argument against Evolution is true, shouldn't that equally disprove the existence of God?

But evolution is a fact and the other is folly, I don't believe that guy actually understood what the theory of evolution is, and of course being indoctrinated and brainwashed doesn't help either.

Your signature says a lot about how brainwashed you are. The truth must be seen? Have advanced mathematics never existed until someone made the necessary additions? No. All mathematics have existed in its entirety since the birth of the universe. Just because you cannot see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

If all you get is the literal quotation of my signature, then i'm afraid you are very small minded, and why you bring mathematics into a discussion about evolution and religion is beyond me, Because you cannot see it, doesn't mean it exists (in relation to God)

Because mathematics has everything to do with everything in the universe built on the harmonies of synchronized numerals. Only a small mind would assume an evolution to occur in mathematics. There is no evolution in mathematics. The mathematics of biology was bounded from the moment of the Big Bang.

Yes. Finally someone has some insight. It's refreshing.

But I don't believe this is the real world. This world is more like a dream. The dream is a nightmare, where the screaming doesn't awaken you. The only thing that keeps me going, is knowing I've been awake before.
janesix
Posts: 3,466
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 10:15:26 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 10:12:27 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 10/27/2016 9:56:05 PM, janesix wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:39:17 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:31:05 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 10/27/2016 1:45:12 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 10/27/2016 12:09:13 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 10/27/2016 11:35:45 AM, Silly_Billy wrote:
Today I was presented with the following argument against Evolution and in favour of God:

I view evolution as theory, which was proposed by humans, under inspiration of things they could see around. So I think as close to the truth it may seem, it is not, because it was proposed by humans, who were low on the spirit of our creator.

The question I have is, aren't Theists proposing that there is a God under inspiration of things that they could see around? And if the argument against Evolution is true, shouldn't that equally disprove the existence of God?

But evolution is a fact and the other is folly, I don't believe that guy actually understood what the theory of evolution is, and of course being indoctrinated and brainwashed doesn't help either.

Your signature says a lot about how brainwashed you are. The truth must be seen? Have advanced mathematics never existed until someone made the necessary additions? No. All mathematics have existed in its entirety since the birth of the universe. Just because you cannot see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

If all you get is the literal quotation of my signature, then i'm afraid you are very small minded, and why you bring mathematics into a discussion about evolution and religion is beyond me, Because you cannot see it, doesn't mean it exists (in relation to God)

Because mathematics has everything to do with everything in the universe built on the harmonies of synchronized numerals. Only a small mind would assume an evolution to occur in mathematics. There is no evolution in mathematics. The mathematics of biology was bounded from the moment of the Big Bang.

Yes. Finally someone has some insight. It's refreshing.

But I don't believe this is the real world. This world is more like a dream. The dream is a nightmare, where the screaming doesn't awaken you. The only thing that keeps me going, is knowing I've been awake before.

Stick to the cold equations and you might know peace.
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,320
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 10:24:06 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 10:15:26 PM, janesix wrote:
At 10/27/2016 10:12:27 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 10/27/2016 9:56:05 PM, janesix wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:39:17 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:31:05 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 10/27/2016 1:45:12 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 10/27/2016 12:09:13 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 10/27/2016 11:35:45 AM, Silly_Billy wrote:
Today I was presented with the following argument against Evolution and in favour of God:

I view evolution as theory, which was proposed by humans, under inspiration of things they could see around. So I think as close to the truth it may seem, it is not, because it was proposed by humans, who were low on the spirit of our creator.

The question I have is, aren't Theists proposing that there is a God under inspiration of things that they could see around? And if the argument against Evolution is true, shouldn't that equally disprove the existence of God?

But evolution is a fact and the other is folly, I don't believe that guy actually understood what the theory of evolution is, and of course being indoctrinated and brainwashed doesn't help either.

Your signature says a lot about how brainwashed you are. The truth must be seen? Have advanced mathematics never existed until someone made the necessary additions? No. All mathematics have existed in its entirety since the birth of the universe. Just because you cannot see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

If all you get is the literal quotation of my signature, then i'm afraid you are very small minded, and why you bring mathematics into a discussion about evolution and religion is beyond me, Because you cannot see it, doesn't mean it exists (in relation to God)

Because mathematics has everything to do with everything in the universe built on the harmonies of synchronized numerals. Only a small mind would assume an evolution to occur in mathematics. There is no evolution in mathematics. The mathematics of biology was bounded from the moment of the Big Bang.

Yes. Finally someone has some insight. It's refreshing.

But I don't believe this is the real world. This world is more like a dream. The dream is a nightmare, where the screaming doesn't awaken you. The only thing that keeps me going, is knowing I've been awake before.

Stick to the cold equations and you might know peace.

Numbers don't do much for me. I can go home for a minute of peace. That minute will feel like an hour and at the same time, it will feel as though I've returned for only a second. Or I can go somewhere else. I keep putting this off. There is a place I need to go to. This place isn't as nice as my place, but it's a good place to start, to get some answers.
Perussi
Posts: 775
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 10:31:16 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 11:35:45 AM, Silly_Billy wrote:
Today I was presented with the following argument against Evolution and in favour of God:

I view evolution as theory, which was proposed by humans, under inspiration of things they could see around. So I think as close to the truth it may seem, it is not, because it was proposed by humans, who were low on the spirit of our creator.

The question I have is, aren't Theists proposing that there is a God under inspiration of things that they could see around? And if the argument against Evolution is true, shouldn't that equally disprove the existence of God?

This argument is invalid. I view makes it uncertain. This doesn't prove fudge.
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-
Looncall
Posts: 455
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 9:38:05 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 9:56:05 PM, janesix wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:39:17 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 10/27/2016 2:31:05 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 10/27/2016 1:45:12 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 10/27/2016 12:09:13 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 10/27/2016 11:35:45 AM, Silly_Billy wrote:
Today I was presented with the following argument against Evolution and in favour of God:

I view evolution as theory, which was proposed by humans, under inspiration of things they could see around. So I think as close to the truth it may seem, it is not, because it was proposed by humans, who were low on the spirit of our creator.

The question I have is, aren't Theists proposing that there is a God under inspiration of things that they could see around? And if the argument against Evolution is true, shouldn't that equally disprove the existence of God?

But evolution is a fact and the other is folly, I don't believe that guy actually understood what the theory of evolution is, and of course being indoctrinated and brainwashed doesn't help either.

Your signature says a lot about how brainwashed you are. The truth must be seen? Have advanced mathematics never existed until someone made the necessary additions? No. All mathematics have existed in its entirety since the birth of the universe. Just because you cannot see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

If all you get is the literal quotation of my signature, then i'm afraid you are very small minded, and why you bring mathematics into a discussion about evolution and religion is beyond me, Because you cannot see it, doesn't mean it exists (in relation to God)

Because mathematics has everything to do with everything in the universe built on the harmonies of synchronized numerals. Only a small mind would assume an evolution to occur in mathematics. There is no evolution in mathematics. The mathematics of biology was bounded from the moment of the Big Bang.


Yes. Finally someone has some insight. It's refreshing.

I think this is actually backwards. It is a happy coincidence that the universe can be described using mathematics. However, mathematics is just a way to manipulate symbols according to prespecified definitions. It has no causal existence.

Numerology is so nineteenth century. It belings to the golden age of crackpottery.
The metaphysicist has no laboratory.
TomFraser
Posts: 2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2016 5:32:42 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 9:52:06 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 10/27/2016 11:35:45 AM, Silly_Billy wrote:
Today I was presented with the following argument against Evolution and in favour of God:

I view evolution as theory, which was proposed by humans, under inspiration of things they could see around. So I think as close to the truth it may seem, it is not, because it was proposed by humans, who were low on the spirit of our creator.

The question I have is, aren't Theists proposing that there is a God under inspiration of things that they could see around? And if the argument against Evolution is true, shouldn't that equally disprove the existence of God?

By that line of reasoning s/he would reject any scientific theory as being "untrue". Yet you never see theists using such an argument against Germ Theory or the theory of gravity. It is always evolution (or the Big Bang). Funny that.

The thing about scientific theories is not whether they are "true" or "proved". It is about whether they fully explain what is observed, have been verified by repeated experimentation, and offer useful predictions and insights. Evolution does that and has been doing it for 150+ years. Therefore this nonsense about "truth" is a strawman and has little relevance to science. Truths and proofs are confined to mathematics. The ToE could be overturned tomorrow but the replacement theory would have to explain everything that the ToE does and more. Whilst that is possible, the chances of it happening now are somewhere between slim and none.

So the issue is that you believe that no one has been able to disprove the theory of evolution and then have their own theory explain universal concepts that the theory of evolution is not able to do?
If that's the case, then what does the theory of evolution actually provide an explanation for?
I'm honestly not trying to argue with you or anything, I just want to understand what you believe and why you believe it.
bulproof
Posts: 25,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2016 6:48:13 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/1/2016 5:32:42 PM, TomFraser wrote:
At 10/27/2016 9:52:06 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 10/27/2016 11:35:45 AM, Silly_Billy wrote:
Today I was presented with the following argument against Evolution and in favour of God:

I view evolution as theory, which was proposed by humans, under inspiration of things they could see around. So I think as close to the truth it may seem, it is not, because it was proposed by humans, who were low on the spirit of our creator.

The question I have is, aren't Theists proposing that there is a God under inspiration of things that they could see around? And if the argument against Evolution is true, shouldn't that equally disprove the existence of God?

By that line of reasoning s/he would reject any scientific theory as being "untrue". Yet you never see theists using such an argument against Germ Theory or the theory of gravity. It is always evolution (or the Big Bang). Funny that.

The thing about scientific theories is not whether they are "true" or "proved". It is about whether they fully explain what is observed, have been verified by repeated experimentation, and offer useful predictions and insights. Evolution does that and has been doing it for 150+ years. Therefore this nonsense about "truth" is a strawman and has little relevance to science. Truths and proofs are confined to mathematics. The ToE could be overturned tomorrow but the replacement theory would have to explain everything that the ToE does and more. Whilst that is possible, the chances of it happening now are somewhere between slim and none.

So the issue is that you believe that no one has been able to disprove the theory of evolution and then have their own theory explain universal concepts that the theory of evolution is not able to do?
If that's the case, then what does the theory of evolution actually provide an explanation for?
I'm honestly not trying to argue with you or anything, I just want to understand what you believe and why you believe it.
Have you never read anything about it?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
lannan13
Posts: 23,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2016 6:50:35 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Couldn't someone just argue that God and Evolution can coexist?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Silly_Billy
Posts: 644
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2016 6:55:06 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/1/2016 6:50:35 PM, lannan13 wrote:
Couldn't someone just argue that God and Evolution can coexist?

I did once but it wasn't close enough to the so-called truth as set out in the Bible. I said it before and i will say it again, Christians don't believe in God, they believe in the Bible and even if God himself came down from the heavens to inform them otherwise, they would still go on believing the Bible.
lannan13
Posts: 23,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2016 9:07:20 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/1/2016 6:55:06 PM, Silly_Billy wrote:
At 11/1/2016 6:50:35 PM, lannan13 wrote:
Couldn't someone just argue that God and Evolution can coexist?

I did once but it wasn't close enough to the so-called truth as set out in the Bible. I said it before and i will say it again, Christians don't believe in God, they believe in the Bible and even if God himself came down from the heavens to inform them otherwise, they would still go on believing the Bible.

What leads you to this conclusion?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Silly_Billy
Posts: 644
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2016 9:37:54 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/1/2016 9:07:20 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 11/1/2016 6:55:06 PM, Silly_Billy wrote:
At 11/1/2016 6:50:35 PM, lannan13 wrote:
Couldn't someone just argue that God and Evolution can coexist?

I did once but it wasn't close enough to the so-called truth as set out in the Bible. I said it before and I will say it again, Christians don't believe in God, they believe in the Bible and even if God himself came down from the heavens to inform them otherwise, they would still go on believing the Bible.

What leads you to this conclusion?

I came to the conclusion because a lot of the theists on this site who argue against evolution, the Big Bang, and everything else, do so quoting the Bible as their main (and only) source of what they consider to be the only valid evidence. The whole point of Man's special place in the Universe (as God's prime creation) is the fact that we are intelligent. Yet if we were to follow Christian dogma, we would effectively have to denounce that intelligence simply because the truths of our science does not rhyme with what has been scribbled down in the Bible.

To denounce our intelligence is not only to denounce ourselves, but to denounce the gift that God has given us and by denouncing the reality that science has discovered, Christians are not denouncing science, but they are denouncing God's creation itself and if they believe in God as they claim to be, then they would be able to see this and they would be able to take the Bible for what it is, a metaphor that does contain wisdom but that should never have been taken literally.
dee-em
Posts: 6,474
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2016 10:08:36 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/1/2016 5:32:42 PM, TomFraser wrote:
At 10/27/2016 9:52:06 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 10/27/2016 11:35:45 AM, Silly_Billy wrote:
Today I was presented with the following argument against Evolution and in favour of God:

I view evolution as theory, which was proposed by humans, under inspiration of things they could see around. So I think as close to the truth it may seem, it is not, because it was proposed by humans, who were low on the spirit of our creator.

The question I have is, aren't Theists proposing that there is a God under inspiration of things that they could see around? And if the argument against Evolution is true, shouldn't that equally disprove the existence of God?

By that line of reasoning s/he would reject any scientific theory as being "untrue". Yet you never see theists using such an argument against Germ Theory or the theory of gravity. It is always evolution (or the Big Bang). Funny that.

The thing about scientific theories is not whether they are "true" or "proved". It is about whether they fully explain what is observed, have been verified by repeated experimentation, and offer useful predictions and insights. Evolution does that and has been doing it for 150+ years. Therefore this nonsense about "truth" is a strawman and has little relevance to science. Truths and proofs are confined to mathematics. The ToE could be overturned tomorrow but the replacement theory would have to explain everything that the ToE does and more. Whilst that is possible, the chances of it happening now are somewhere between slim and none.

So the issue is that you believe that no one has been able to disprove the theory of evolution and then have their own theory explain universal concepts that the theory of evolution is not able to do?

Correct. Evolution is a scientific theory and is therefore falsifiable. A new observation could falsify it tomorrow, yet every piece of evidence gathered from nature merely confirms the theory.

If that's the case, then what does the theory of evolution actually provide an explanation for?

The vast diversity of life on this planet and how it has progressed from primitive to more complex over hundreds of millions of years.

I'm honestly not trying to argue with you or anything, I just want to understand what you believe and why you believe it.

No problem. Sincere questions are welcomed.
imperialchimp
Posts: 246
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 4:27:49 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/1/2016 6:50:35 PM, lannan13 wrote:
Couldn't someone just argue that God and Evolution can coexist?

Deism
Ape Lives Matter (ALM)

What if I were to tell you that humans have false logic? Prepare for confusion.

-.-- --- ..- / ... .... --- ..- .-.. -.. / .... .- ...- . / -. --- - / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . -.. / - .... .. ... .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.-

Don't waste your time trying to find truth...you pleb!
imperialchimp
Posts: 246
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 4:41:42 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/27/2016 12:09:13 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 10/27/2016 11:35:45 AM, Silly_Billy wrote:
Today I was presented with the following argument against Evolution and in favour of God:

I view evolution as theory, which was proposed by humans, under inspiration of things they could see around. So I think as close to the truth it may seem, it is not, because it was proposed by humans, who were low on the spirit of our creator.

The question I have is, aren't Theists proposing that there is a God under inspiration of things that they could see around? And if the argument against Evolution is true, shouldn't that equally disprove the existence of God?

But evolution is a fact and the other is folly, I don't believe that guy actually understood what the theory of evolution is, and of course being indoctrinated and brainwashed doesn't help either.

By fact do you mean reality?
Ape Lives Matter (ALM)

What if I were to tell you that humans have false logic? Prepare for confusion.

-.-- --- ..- / ... .... --- ..- .-.. -.. / .... .- ...- . / -. --- - / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . -.. / - .... .. ... .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.-

Don't waste your time trying to find truth...you pleb!
KwLm
Posts: 493
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 1:05:13 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/2/2016 4:41:42 AM, imperialchimp wrote:
At 10/27/2016 12:09:13 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 10/27/2016 11:35:45 AM, Silly_Billy wrote:
Today I was presented with the following argument against Evolution and in favour of God:

I view evolution as theory, which was proposed by humans, under inspiration of things they could see around. So I think as close to the truth it may seem, it is not, because it was proposed by humans, who were low on the spirit of our creator.

The question I have is, aren't Theists proposing that there is a God under inspiration of things that they could see around? And if the argument against Evolution is true, shouldn't that equally disprove the existence of God?

But evolution is a fact and the other is folly, I don't believe that guy actually understood what the theory of evolution is, and of course being indoctrinated and brainwashed doesn't help either.

By fact do you mean reality?

A fact is a fact, reality is reality, I suppose you can say Evolution is a reality but that doesn't have anything to do with my point?
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 2:51:46 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/1/2016 6:50:35 PM, lannan13 wrote:
Couldn't someone just argue that God and Evolution can coexist?

Sure, why not, that can indeed be argued. But, what would be the point other than to appeal to delusions, myths and superstitions when explaining evidence and facts.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
imperialchimp
Posts: 246
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 4:57:40 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/3/2016 1:05:13 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 11/2/2016 4:41:42 AM, imperialchimp wrote:
At 10/27/2016 12:09:13 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 10/27/2016 11:35:45 AM, Silly_Billy wrote:
Today I was presented with the following argument against Evolution and in favour of God:

I view evolution as theory, which was proposed by humans, under inspiration of things they could see around. So I think as close to the truth it may seem, it is not, because it was proposed by humans, who were low on the spirit of our creator.

The question I have is, aren't Theists proposing that there is a God under inspiration of things that they could see around? And if the argument against Evolution is true, shouldn't that equally disprove the existence of God?

But evolution is a fact and the other is folly, I don't believe that guy actually understood what the theory of evolution is, and of course being indoctrinated and brainwashed doesn't help either.

By fact do you mean reality?

A fact is a fact, reality is reality, I suppose you can say Evolution is a reality but that doesn't have anything to do with my point?

Prove to me that evolution is actually a reality.

What is your point?
Ape Lives Matter (ALM)

What if I were to tell you that humans have false logic? Prepare for confusion.

-.-- --- ..- / ... .... --- ..- .-.. -.. / .... .- ...- . / -. --- - / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . -.. / - .... .. ... .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.-

Don't waste your time trying to find truth...you pleb!
KwLm
Posts: 493
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 10:51:52 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/3/2016 4:57:40 PM, imperialchimp wrote:
At 11/3/2016 1:05:13 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 11/2/2016 4:41:42 AM, imperialchimp wrote:
At 10/27/2016 12:09:13 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 10/27/2016 11:35:45 AM, Silly_Billy wrote:
Today I was presented with the following argument against Evolution and in favour of God:

I view evolution as theory, which was proposed by humans, under inspiration of things they could see around. So I think as close to the truth it may seem, it is not, because it was proposed by humans, who were low on the spirit of our creator.

The question I have is, aren't Theists proposing that there is a God under inspiration of things that they could see around? And if the argument against Evolution is true, shouldn't that equally disprove the existence of God?

But evolution is a fact and the other is folly, I don't believe that guy actually understood what the theory of evolution is, and of course being indoctrinated and brainwashed doesn't help either.

By fact do you mean reality?

A fact is a fact, reality is reality, I suppose you can say Evolution is a reality but that doesn't have anything to do with my point?

Prove to me that evolution is actually a reality.

What is your point?

You exist in reality. Evolution is a fact in reality is my point, this might help you https://www.youtube.com...