Jump to topic:

Free will

janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 8:43:29 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
How can Christians say you have free will, while at the same time say God has a plan for everyone? Can you change God's plan with your free will?
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 9:04:30 PM
Free will is tricky business when getting to seeing it as black and white. It's all about the the colors. It's about making the choice in life to become either white or black. That's how I see it. Life may appear like checkers, but getting into deeper, and it's chess with every step. God is good. And God is white. The Satan is black. Satan is bad. But Satan is cool. Like any game, there are rules to this game. There can be no direct influence. The player must be free to decide what side they choose.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 9:08:12 PM
At 10/28/2016 9:04:30 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
Free will is tricky business when getting to seeing it as black and white. It's all about the the colors. It's about making the choice in life to become either white or black. That's how I see it. Life may appear like checkers, but getting into deeper, and it's chess with every step. God is good. And God is white. The Satan is black. Satan is bad. But Satan is cool. Like any game, there are rules to this game. There can be no direct influence. The player must be free to decide what side they choose.

That's fine. Now are you going to answer the question in the OP?
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 9:37:53 PM
At 10/28/2016 9:08:12 PM, janesix wrote:
Free will is tricky business when getting to seeing it as black and white. It's all about the the colors. It's about making the choice in life to become either white or black. That's how I see it. Life may appear like checkers, but getting deeper into it, and it becomes now chess with every step. God is good. And God is white. The Satan is black. Satan is bad. But Satan is cool. Like any game, there are rules to this game. There can be no direct influence. The player must be free to decide what side they choose.

Well I haven't officially made my decision yet. On the one step, you got the black and they got the drugs, and I like to think high. Blacks gots the beats, and I like my bass bouncing low. Black got the biitches, and I like the way they go hoe. But step it back two times white, and I remember the time when the only drug was the drug that wasn't right. My beats bounce low no matter where I go. And now can you see me? Can you see where I'm going? The biitches in black be flat out quacking. It seems one side is right and the other side is too far gone to properly decide. But in the end they will all see. Any house divided cannot stand. One side has trust. The other side can't decide who to trust. Trust in God to know.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 3:17:45 AM
At 10/28/2016 9:37:53 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
Free will is tricky business when getting to seeing it as black and white. It's all about the the colors. It's about making the choice in life to become either white or black. That's how I see it. Life may appear like checkers, but getting deeper into it, and it becomes now chess with every step. God is good. And God is white. The Satan is black. Satan is bad. But Satan is cool. Like any game, there are rules to this game. There can be no direct influence. The player must be free to decide what side they choose.

Well I haven't officially made my decision yet. On the one step, you got the black and they got the drugs, and I like to think high. Blacks gots the beats, and I like my bass bouncing low. Black got the biitches, and I like the way they go hoe. But step it back two times white, and I remember the time when the only drug was the drug that wasn't right. My beats bounce low no matter where I go. And now can you see me? Can you see where I'm going? The biitches in black be flat out quacking. It seems one side is right and the other side is too far gone to properly decide. But in the end they will all see. Any house divided cannot stand. One side has trust. The other side can't decide who to trust. Trust in God to know.
The pope of godist cowards has vomited.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 1:01:12 PM
At 10/29/2016 3:17:45 AM, bulproof wrote:

I could gut your throat like a fish
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 1:18:20 PM
At 10/29/2016 1:01:12 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 10/29/2016 3:17:45 AM, bulproof wrote:

I could gut your throat like a fish
And how does a fish gut throats?
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 1:36:13 PM
At 10/28/2016 8:43:29 PM, janesix wrote:
How can Christians say you have free will, while at the same time say God has a plan for everyone? Can you change God's plan with your free will?

The term "free will" is merely an expression concocted by Christians as a slippery eel, get out of jail free card way of squirming out of responsibility.

When something goes their way it was due to free will.

Of course, something contentious, e.g. casting scorn on minority groups, rejecting abortion, contraception or euthanasia is all God's will.
VirBinarus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 7:58:00 AM

God knows everything that you do and will do, and uses that. Remember God is outside of time, so he can base his plan on what you will do in the future, so no, you can't change God's plan because it's already based around what you will do.
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11
Liveone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 11:29:45 AM
How can Christians say you have free will, while at the same time say God has a plan for everyone? Can you change God's plan with your free will? : :

All Christians are under the influence of information called Satan and the Beast that convinces them they have to choose their gods. They don't understand scriptures like these;

I Peter 1
1: Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To the exiles of the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappado'cia, Asia, and Bithyn'ia,
2: chosen and destined by God the Father and sanctified by the Spirit for obedience to Jesus Christ and for sprinkling with his blood: May grace and peace be multiplied to you.

Mark 13:
20: And if the Lord had not shortened the days, no human being would be saved; but for the sake of the elect, whom he chose, he shortened the days.

John 15
16: You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.

I Corinthians 1:
25: For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26: For consider your call, brethren; not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth;
27: but God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise, God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong,
28: God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are,
29: so that no human being might boast in the presence of God.

II Thesalonians 2:
13: But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God chose you from the beginning to be saved, through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth.
14: To this he called you through our gospel, so that you may obtain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 9:
28: We know that in everything God works for good with those who love him, who are called according to his purpose.
29: For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the first-born among many brethren.
30: And those whom he predestined he also called; and those whom he called he also justified; and those whom he justified he also glorified.

God predestined all Christians to be influenced by information called Satan and the Beast. Not one of them were chosen to testify to the word of the Lord and be used to preach the true Gospel, which is the voice of the Lord.
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 11:46:59 AM
At 10/30/2016 11:29:45 AM, Liveone wrote:
How can Christians say you have free will, while at the same time say God has a plan for everyone? Can you change God's plan with your free will? : :

All Christians are under the influence of information called Satan and the Beast that convinces them they have to choose their gods. They don't understand scriptures like these;

I Peter 1
1: Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To the exiles of the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappado'cia, Asia, and Bithyn'ia,
2: chosen and destined by God the Father and sanctified by the Spirit for obedience to Jesus Christ and for sprinkling with his blood: May grace and peace be multiplied to you.

Mark 13:
20: And if the Lord had not shortened the days, no human being would be saved; but for the sake of the elect, whom he chose, he shortened the days.

John 15
16: You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.

I Corinthians 1:
25: For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26: For consider your call, brethren; not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth;
27: but God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise, God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong,
28: God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are,

II Thesalonians 2:
13: But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God chose you from the beginning to be saved, through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth.
14: To this he called you through our gospel, so that you may obtain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 9:
28: We know that in everything God works for good with those who love him, who are called according to his purpose.
29: For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the first-born among many brethren.
30: And those whom he predestined he also called; and those whom he called he also justified; and those whom he justified he also glorified.

God predestined all Christians to be influenced by information called Satan and the Beast. Not one of them were chosen to testify to the word of the Lord and be used to preach the true Gospel, which is the voice of the Lord.

You have escaped from the asylum again, Brad, LOL!
Liveone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 11:52:32 AM
At 10/30/2016 11:46:59 AM, tarantula wrote:

I Peter 1

Mark 13:

John 15

I Corinthians 1:

II Thesalonians 2:

Romans 9:

You have escaped from the asylum again, Brad, LOL! : :

It's fools like you who have caused this forum to die.
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 1:44:10 PM
At 10/30/2016 11:52:32 AM, Liveone wrote:

I Peter 1

Mark 13:

John 15

I Corinthians 1:

II Thesalonians 2:

Romans 9:

It is very lively, in spite of your garbage!
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 1:46:58 PM
At 10/30/2016 7:58:00 AM, VirBinarus wrote:
God is outside of time
Prove it.
Liveone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 2:19:25 PM
At 10/30/2016 1:44:10 PM, tarantula wrote:

I Peter 1

Mark 13:

John 15

I Corinthians 1:

II Thesalonians 2:

Romans 9:

It is very lively, in spite of your garbage! : :

I can see you've never been in a LIVELY group before. All you members do in this forum is argue whether God is real or not. That's it. That' s called a DEAD group of people.
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 3:02:59 PM
At 10/30/2016 2:19:25 PM, Liveone wrote:

I Peter 1

Mark 13:

John 15

I Corinthians 1:

II Thesalonians 2:

Romans 9:

I can see you've never been in a LIVELY group before. All you members do in this forum is argue whether God is real or not. That's it. That' s called a DEAD group of people.

You will soon be dead to this forum, for a while, as soon as the MODS ban you again.
Liveone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 3:10:11 PM
At 10/30/2016 3:02:59 PM, tarantula wrote:

I Peter 1

Mark 13:

John 15

I Corinthians 1:

II Thesalonians 2:

Romans 9:

You will soon be dead to this forum, for a while, as soon as the MODS ban you again. : :

It makes no difference to me. I only come in here now and then to show the liars the Truth.
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 3:22:24 PM
At 10/30/2016 3:10:11 PM, Liveone wrote:
At 10/30/2016 3:02:59 PM, tarantula wrote:

I Peter 1

Mark 13:

John 15

I Corinthians 1:

II Thesalonians 2:

Romans 9:

You will soon be dead to this forum, for a while, as soon as the MODS ban you again. : :

It makes no difference to me. I only come in here now and then to show the liars the Truth.

You wouldn't know the truth if it bit you on your backside. It shows the state of your mind that you cannot see how crazy your posts are.
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 8:55:44 PM

Free will doesn"t mean that you then are also all powerful. It means you can want whatever you want, even things that are not in God"s plan.
2for1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 6:58:02 AM
At 10/30/2016 8:55:44 PM, 12_13 wrote:

Free will doesn"t mean that you then are also all powerful. It means you can want whatever you want, even things that are not in God"s plan. : :

How do you know the "free will" experience isn't in God's plan? Did you know He created make-believe worlds so real like that his people think they are real, too?