God has a Faulty Memory

dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 10:14:28 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Genesis 9
12 And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."

Why would an omniscient God require a memory trigger? Does a supposedly perfect God have a failing memory?

(On a side note, were there no rainbows before the Flood? Were the laws of physics relating to light violated and to what purpose?).
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 10:40:41 PM
Seeing a world that hates itself, seeing all the hatred towards Christianity can only assure one that it is the one true religion. Oh look! Chemtrails in the sky....
Canuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 10:57:24 PM
At 10/28/2016 10:14:28 PM, dee-em wrote:
Genesis 9
12 And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."

Why would an omniscient God require a memory trigger? Does a supposedly perfect God have a failing memory?

(On a side note, were there no rainbows before the Flood? Were the laws of physics relating to light violated and to what purpose?).

God is obviously pretty old - can't we forgive the old guy the occasional lapse in memory?
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 12:45:57 AM
At 10/28/2016 10:57:24 PM, Canuck wrote:
Genesis 9

God is obviously pretty old - can't we forgive the old guy the occasional lapse in memory?

The irony is that he is using a rainbow as a mnemonic device. He is secretly fond of gay people apparently. Who knew?
skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 1:50:53 AM
Genesis 9

Do you have a reading comprehension problem dee? Are you not capable of discerning the difference between "I will do something because I cannot remember""I will see it and remember....."Does not mean I NEED to see it to remember....geez seriously.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 7:01:14 AM
At 10/29/2016 1:50:53 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
Genesis 9

Do you have a reading comprehension problem dee?

No.

Are you not capable of discerning the difference between "I will do something because I cannot remember""I will see it and remember....."Does not mean I NEED to see it to remember....geez seriously.

It will jog his memory, ie. he needs (at least sometimes) the mnemonic device of a rainbow to remember. If he didn't then why mention rainbows? It only makes sense if God has problems remembering things and needs an occasional reminder.
Liveone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 11:59:55 AM
Genesis 9

(On a side note, were there no rainbows before the Flood? Were the laws of physics relating to light violated and to what purpose?). : :

God doesn't have a faulty memory. He simply didn't choose you to be one of His believers who would listen to his voice and obey his commandments which is the only way possible to learn how you're created.

He left you to believe anything that came out of his information called Satan and the Beast. The Beast is his thoughts that taught the characters in his program to build visible objects with their human hands until they build the computers and voice recognition software which is what God needed to teach me how he was able to convert His thoughts into make-believe worlds for his characters to enjoy.

Stupid people like yourself believe you're a real person living on a real planet. LOL !!!!!!!