Total Posts:86|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

why are there so few believers in this forum?

graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 6:31:46 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
mentioned earlier about going to church and where did you go and I think 3 people mentioned having a faith...

Is that all there are in here , not surprised all we have are atheist slagging believers and next to zero scriptural debate..
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 6:34:54 PM
At 10/30/2016 6:31:46 PM, graceofgod wrote:
mentioned earlier about going to church and where did you go and I think 3 people mentioned having a faith...

Is that all there are in here , not surprised all we have are atheist slagging believers and next to zero scriptural debate..

There are plenty of threads here of believers slagging homosexuals, believers slagging atheists, believers slagging other believers, and they all come from you, who has yet to have anything to do with scriptural debate.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 6:39:19 PM
At 10/30/2016 6:34:54 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

There are plenty of threads here of believers slagging homosexuals, believers slagging atheists, believers slagging other believers, and they all come from you, who has yet to have anything to do with scriptural debate.

I think you will find by far the majority slag off God and believers..

shame believes don't come in, though I can see why..
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 6:52:59 PM
At 10/30/2016 6:39:19 PM, graceofgod wrote:

That isn't what's found at all, especially when we find your hate filled threads against gays and atheists.

Yes, you do your very best to make your religion out as insane and hateful, other believers are ashamed of what you're doing.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 7:05:55 PM

I don't need to go to church. I don't need to confess any sins to be ridiculously absolved by a priest. I can even say for sure if he washed his hands before he came out of the bathroom. Church is for people with faith. Church can't do anything for somebody like me that knows. Because I know all too well that life is just a game.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 7:19:58 PM
At 10/30/2016 6:52:59 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 10/30/2016 6:39:19 PM, graceofgod wrote:

That isn't what's found at all, especially when we find your hate filled threads against gays and atheists.
yet just read the threads now, the majority are atheists having a go at God and believers....

Yes, you do your very best to make your religion out as insane and hateful, other believers are ashamed of what you're doing.

My faith is about the truth of the word of God, that's all..
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 7:22:34 PM

There are millions of people in the West, who have turned away from religion, for many reasons, and have instead embarked on a journey of discovery of the spiritual side of life. It is always a fluid and ever evolving quest. Anyone who says they know the truth, theist or atheist is a fool. The journey of discovery does not end. Many non religious people believe in a higher power, that we are all part of.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 7:23:41 PM
At 10/30/2016 7:05:55 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

I don't need to go to church. I don't need to confess any sins to be ridiculously absolved by a priest. I can even say for sure if he washed his hands before he came out of the bathroom. Church is for people with faith. Church can't do anything for somebody like me that knows. Because I know all too well that life is just a game.

no you don't have to go to church, no you don't have to confess your sins to a priest but you do need to be saved... but that's not what this thread is about...
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 7:26:58 PM
At 10/30/2016 7:22:34 PM, lotsoffun wrote:

There are millions of people in the West, who have turned away from religion, for many reasons, and have instead embarked on a journey of discovery of the spiritual side of life. It is always a fluid and ever evolving quest. Anyone who says they know the truth, theist or atheist is a fool. The journey of discovery does not end. Many non religious people believe in a higher power, that we are all part of.

that's good because religion is no good to any body....
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 7:35:11 PM
At 10/30/2016 7:23:41 PM, graceofgod wrote:

no you don't have to go to church, no you don't have to confess your sins to a priest but you do need to be saved... but that's not what this thread is about...

Well try and save this for a thought. The difference between the soul and the spirit, is the mind. My mind knows my spirit is never any place I go, but when I go home. The spirit never needs saving. The spirit was never in harms way. The spirit simply uploads information from the soul for a learning experience.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 9:23:07 PM
At 10/30/2016 7:35:11 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Well try and save this for a thought. The difference between the soul and the spirit, is the mind. My mind knows my spirit is never any place I go, but when I go home. The spirit never needs saving. The spirit was never in harms way. The spirit simply uploads information from the soul for a learning experience.

if that's what you believe good for you...
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 9:56:27 PM
At 10/30/2016 9:23:07 PM, graceofgod wrote:

It's not what I believe, it's what I know. When you know what I know, you are then given a choice to choose colors. On the one side, I could choose to play the color of black. Or I could choose the other side to play white. It's always about the intentions. Those choosing black for the wrong reasons, will find themselves in difficult times. It's times like these that make my decision less troublesome. Sometimes I think I could do more good by wearing black. On the one hand, the devil is a highly upstanding citizen. He is fair, and abides by the rules. Yeah, back in black. I like that.
missmedic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 10:14:48 PM

Theists come here to exercise their ego, not their belief.
http://www.hinduwebsite.com...
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 10:28:14 PM
At 10/30/2016 10:14:48 PM, missmedic wrote:

So the atheist has no ego? That's amazing. The atheist thinks they are the recipient for all their achievements. That's as egotistical as it gets. The theist attributes all things to gods, or God.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 11:05:13 PM
At 10/30/2016 10:28:14 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

So the atheist has no ego? That's amazing. The atheist thinks they are the recipient for all their achievements. That's as egotistical as it gets. The theist attributes all things to gods, or God.

I add a atheist has beliefs.. They Believe there is no God, no different!
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 11:10:38 PM
At 10/30/2016 11:05:13 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 10/30/2016 10:28:14 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

I add a atheist has beliefs.. They Believe there is no God, no different!

You'd have to make the assumption that all Theists have only a faith. You'd have to say nobody knows. Somebody has to know. There seems to be a lot of secrets in the world. Why do you think these people have secrets? I don't like secrets. Don't you want to know what they know. They definitely know something.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 11:49:14 PM
At 10/30/2016 9:56:27 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 10/30/2016 9:23:07 PM, graceofgod wrote:

It's not what I believe, it's what I know. When you know what I know, you are then given a choice to choose colors. On the one side, I could choose to play the color of black. Or I could choose the other side to play white. It's always about the intentions. Those choosing black for the wrong reasons, will find themselves in difficult times. It's times like these that make my decision less troublesome. Sometimes I think I could do more good by wearing black. On the one hand, the devil is a highly upstanding citizen. He is fair, and abides by the rules. Yeah, back in black. I like that.

how is the father of all lies going to play by the rules..lol
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 11:52:23 PM

atheists come here to massage their ego's that is quite obvious...
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 12:39:44 AM

That's strange. I started two threads quoting scripture from Genesis 9 and you didn't post in either. Hypocrisy much?

The reason that there are few believers here may be because they are frightened when their faith comes under scrutiny and they find they have no answers. We see that time after time as they come and go. The ones who do hang around are the ones who either hate atheists and troll, or who masochistically enjoy being made to look foolish, or the outright crazies. Which one are you?
PGA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 12:47:06 AM

I was looking at the debate table and I think we are outnumber by at least three to one there. This forum seems to be a Mecca for atheists.

http://www.debate.org...

I used to debate on the Worthy Christian Forum before this, among others, including the Washington Post On Faith Forum. I don't know if it still exists.

I prefer this one.

https://www.worthychristianforums.com...

Peter
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 3:00:44 AM
At 10/30/2016 11:52:23 PM, graceofgod wrote:

The atheists can't understand or even remotely comprehend faith. It doesn't exist in their empty souls, so they feel better about themselves when they make feeble attempts to challenge and ridicule those who have any faith. They spend quite a lot of time on a forum that doesn't support their belief that no intelligent design or even intelligence exists in the universe. They need somewhere to put their rage that stems from emptiness and hopelessness.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 5:12:36 AM
At 10/31/2016 3:00:44 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

The atheists can't understand or even remotely comprehend faith. It doesn't exist in their empty souls, so they feel better about themselves when they make feeble attempts to challenge and ridicule those who have any faith. They spend quite a lot of time on a forum that doesn't support their belief that no intelligent design or even intelligence exists in the universe. They need somewhere to put their rage that stems from emptiness and hopelessness.
What is an atheist?
How did your "intelligent designer" produce life from nothing?
Do you have pascals wager correct?
Have you bet on the right god? There are millions to choose from you know, your odds are poor.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
2for1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 6:23:12 AM

Is that all there are in here , not surprised all we have are atheist slagging believers and next to zero scriptural debate.. : :

If you're talking about Christian believers, then you're talking about heathens who have absolutely no power to keep themselves alive.

Psalm 22:
25: From thee comes my praise in the great congregation; my vows I will pay before those who fear him.
26: The afflicted shall eat and be satisfied; those who seek him shall praise the LORD! May your hearts live for ever!
27: All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to the LORD; and all the families of the nations shall worship before him.
28: For dominion belongs to the LORD, and he rules over the nations.
29: Yea, to him shall all the proud of the earth bow down; before him shall bow all who go down to the dust, and he who cannot keep himself alive.
30: Posterity shall serve him; men shall tell of the Lord to the coming generation,
31: and proclaim his deliverance to a people yet unborn, that he has wrought it.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 9:46:34 AM
At 10/31/2016 12:39:44 AM, dee-em wrote:

That's strange. I started two threads quoting scripture from Genesis 9 and you didn't post in either. Hypocrisy much?

The reason that there are few believers here may be because they are frightened when their faith comes under scrutiny and they find they have no answers. We see that time after time as they come and go. The ones who do hang around are the ones who either hate atheists and troll, or who masochistically enjoy being made to look foolish, or the outright crazies. Which one are you?

never saw either thread...

no believers are scared of this forum or any other, the bible should be scrutinised, it is good it has been for a long time now...

foolish crazies yeah, like those who believe evolution and the big bang with no way of testing what they are believing..lol
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 9:47:43 AM
At 10/31/2016 12:47:06 AM, PGA wrote:

I was looking at the debate table and I think we are outnumber by at least three to one there. This forum seems to be a Mecca for atheists.

http://www.debate.org...

I used to debate on the Worthy Christian Forum before this, among others, including the Washington Post On Faith Forum. I don't know if it still exists.

I prefer this one.

https://www.worthychristianforums.com...

Peter

less you, i'll have a look ...
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 9:49:49 AM

I agree, it seems misery loves company...

hopefully they will see something that makes them believe...

at the very least they cannot say they did not hear the gospel...
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 9:52:49 AM
At 10/31/2016 6:23:12 AM, 2for1 wrote:

Is that all there are in here , not surprised all we have are atheist slagging believers and next to zero scriptural debate.. : :

If you're talking about Christian believers, then you're talking about heathens who have absolutely no power to keep themselves alive.

Psalm 22:
25: From thee comes my praise in the great congregation; my vows I will pay before those who fear him.
26: The afflicted shall eat and be satisfied; those who seek him shall praise the LORD! May your hearts live for ever!
27: All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to the LORD; and all the families of the nations shall worship before him.
29: Yea, to him shall all the proud of the earth bow down; before him shall bow all who go down to the dust, and he who cannot keep himself alive.
30: Posterity shall serve him; men shall tell of the Lord to the coming generation,
31: and proclaim his deliverance to a people yet unborn, that he has wrought it.

no one has power to keep themselves alive, we all die.....

God is interested in our eternal salvation...
2for1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 9:53:48 AM
At 10/31/2016 9:49:49 AM, graceofgod wrote:

at the very least they cannot say they did not hear the gospel... : ;

Christians don't even know what "GOSPEL" means.

They could never understand the gospel that Abraham heard within his mind.

Galations 3
8: And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, "In you shall all the nations be blessed."
2for1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 9:55:17 AM
At 10/31/2016 9:52:49 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 10/31/2016 6:23:12 AM, 2for1 wrote:

Psalm 22:

no one has power to keep themselves alive, we all die.....

God is interested in our eternal salvation... : ;

All us created men know that we're saved from the wicked visible flesh and visible world. We don't have to make any decisions.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 9:55:58 AM
At 10/31/2016 9:53:48 AM, 2for1 wrote:
At 10/31/2016 9:49:49 AM, graceofgod wrote:

at the very least they cannot say they did not hear the gospel... : ;

Christians don't even know what "GOSPEL" means.

They could never understand the gospel that Abraham heard within his mind.

Galations 3
8: And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, "In you shall all the nations be blessed."

amen, saved by faith so none shall boast....

oh loving the humility you ooze....