Jump to topic:

Is Slavery Still Happening?

Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 10:34:29 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
I thought slavery had been abolished with the Ark, yet throughout the world, it is still rife.

Why is it that some people still wake up every day knowing that they are beholden to a master?
A master who they have never actually seen.

Yet the master's slave drivers pummel their slaves into submission with fear and threats and take money from them for the experience.

Why does this sort of abomination still go on?
2for1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 11:01:45 AM
At 10/31/2016 10:34:29 AM, Willows wrote:
I thought slavery had been abolished with the Ark, yet throughout the world, it is still rife.

Why is it that some people still wake up every day knowing that they are beholden to a master?

Yet the master's slave drivers pummel their slaves into submission with fear and threats and take money from them for the experience.

Why does this sort of abomination still go on? : :

There's only ONE Master but he's totally invisible to the characters in his program. All the other masters in their make-believe worlds are only make-believe so you don't have to obey them.
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 9:42:30 PM

Everyone who has to pay taxes is slave in my opinion.
keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 10:21:59 PM
At 10/31/2016 9:42:30 PM, 12_13 wrote:

Then you have no word left to describe someone with no personal or property rights and is forced to work for insufficient food and subject to barbaric discipline. Would you trade places with a real slave?
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2016 11:16:54 PM
At 10/31/2016 10:21:59 PM, keithprosser wrote:
At 10/31/2016 9:42:30 PM, 12_13 wrote:

Then you have no word left to describe someone with no personal or property rights and is forced to work for insufficient food and subject to barbaric discipline. Would you trade places with a real slave?

There are and always has been different levels of being slave. Even in ancient time there were slaves that had things quite well and they were for example teachers. But even today we have people working in bad conditions. So, modern time is not any better, western countries have just hide their worst slaves to third world countries and now we don"t really have to see what greed causes.

Obviously, I wouldn"t like to be in the worst level of slavery, but it doesn"t make the nicer levels any less slavery.
keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 12:21:12 AM
It's true that not all slaves were worked to death on plantations, but does that really mean taxpayers are 'slaves'? I don't like seeing words devalued - it trivialises the plight of those who - even today - are effectively forced to work in dreadful condition in many parts of the world.

Literal slavery is almost extinct, but virtual slavery (and child labour) is still happening - far too much.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 12:28:00 AM

Nope, sin still exists.

Because they refuse to remove sin from their lives.

Yup.

Yes once one lets go of sin including greed they can live free.

Because they refuse to love God.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 9:27:36 AM
At 11/2/2016 12:28:00 AM, Geogeer wrote:

Nope, sin still exists.

Because they refuse to remove sin from their lives.

Yup.

Yes once one lets go of sin including greed they can live free.

Because they refuse to love God.

Wrong, it is because they believe in an invisible master......God.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 9:31:53 AM

It depends on how you define slavery I guess...

We all have a master, a boss....

It also depends on if you realise you are a slave to the system or anything else...
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 9:40:20 AM
At 11/2/2016 9:31:53 AM, graceofgod wrote:

It also depends on if you realise you are a slave to the system or anything else...

I don't have a master to bow down to and do what He tells me, using fear and guilt as a motivation.
You do though, don't you?
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 10:44:48 AM
At 11/2/2016 9:40:20 AM, Willows wrote:

I don't have a master to bow down to and do what He tells me, using fear and guilt as a motivation.

really who pays you??
what about the law...??
the tax man??
this whole system of work and go home, is it slavery..???

not at all ... I am saved, i am free ..
keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 10:50:58 AM
At 11/2/2016 10:44:48 AM, graceofgod wrote:

Free to do as the master wants. Step out of line and wham! Eternal damnation.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 10:52:23 AM
At 11/2/2016 10:50:58 AM, keithprosser wrote:

Free to do as the master wants. Step out of line and wham! Eternal damnation.

See, you know nothing, I am saved by faith, I have the free gift of the righteousness of Jesus...

you answer from ignorance of the gospel...
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 1:03:42 PM

People are d1cks. That is all.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 1:08:32 PM

really who pays you??
what about the law...??
the tax man??

I am self-employed and work as I please, the tax department and the law don't have "masters" ...they serve me.

But you have chosen to serve your imaginary friend and if you don't do the right thing by Him, you will suffer eternal damnation....that's what I call slavery.

And you think that when you get to your promised land, you can put your feet up, suck on beers and watch sports all day forever?

No Siree, He has you slaves all sucked in....who do you think is going to do all the dirty work up there, cleaning toilets and picking up beer cans?

Before you know it, you'll be grafted into dropping Steinways onto the mortals below and, believe me they aren't light.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 2:49:16 PM
At 11/2/2016 1:08:32 PM, Willows wrote:

really who pays you??
what about the law...??
the tax man??

I am self-employed and work as I please, the tax department and the law don't have "masters" ...they serve me.

But you have chosen to serve your imaginary friend and if you don't do the right thing by Him, you will suffer eternal damnation....that's what I call slavery.

And you think that when you get to your promised land, you can put your feet up, suck on beers and watch sports all day forever?

No Siree, He has you slaves all sucked in....who do you think is going to do all the dirty work up there, cleaning toilets and picking up beer cans?

Before you know it, you'll be grafted into dropping Steinways onto the mortals below and, believe me they aren't light.

lol so no laws control you, no govt rules control you. no road rules control you, the money you earn from self employment, you can spend as you like and pay no tax...wow I like your world..

I have chosen to serve, is that slavery??

I don't think heaven will be quite like that but hey it won't be as hot as where some are going..

and of course you have it all sorted out here, do as you like, no slave to the system of things, my own man...lol bind as a bat ....
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 2:53:42 PM

It is horrible to think there are slaves here in the UK!

https://www.theguardian.com...
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 7:13:24 AM
At 11/2/2016 2:53:42 PM, tarantula wrote:

It is horrible to think there are slaves here in the UK!

https://www.theguardian.com...

That sort of thing goes on everywhere, prostitution is a dirty business.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 8:10:51 AM
At 11/2/2016 2:49:16 PM, graceofgod wrote:

really who pays you??
what about the law...??
the tax man??

lol so no laws control you, no govt rules control you. no road rules control you, the money you earn from self employment, you can spend as you like and pay no tax...wow I like your world..

I don't think heaven will be quite like that but hey it won't be as hot as where some are going..

and of course you have it all sorted out here, do as you like, no slave to the system of things, my own man...lol bind as a bat ....

Down there the beer may be warm and there may be nothing to eat but hot dogs and deviled wings but at least you know that things can't get any worse.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 3:25:31 PM

really who pays you??
what about the law...??
the tax man??

Funny how the only time you can make a point is when you dishonestly misrepresent facts.

Or stupidity, take your choice.

Aw, isn't that cute, you are compelled to toss out childish threats of the boogeyman in order to prop up your delusions.

Dumb as 2x4.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 6:29:32 PM
At 11/3/2016 8:10:51 AM, Willows wrote:

really who pays you??
what about the law...??
the tax man??

Down there the beer may be warm and there may be nothing to eat but hot dogs and deviled wings but at least you know that things can't get any worse.

eternal torment, what could get worse than that..
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 6:44:23 PM
At 11/3/2016 3:25:31 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

really who pays you??
what about the law...??
the tax man??

Funny how the only time you can make a point is when you dishonestly misrepresent facts.

Aw, isn't that cute, you are compelled to toss out childish threats of the boogeyman in order to prop up your delusions.

Dumb as 2x4.

he is a bit but give him chance...
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 7:49:53 PM
At 11/3/2016 6:44:23 PM, graceofgod wrote:

really who pays you??
what about the law...??
the tax man??

Dumb as 2x4.

You've had ample chances to be intelligent, but fail miserably each and every time.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 9:16:20 PM
At 11/3/2016 7:49:53 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 11/3/2016 6:44:23 PM, graceofgod wrote:

really who pays you??
what about the law...??
the tax man??

Dumb as 2x4.

You've had ample chances to be intelligent, but fail miserably each and every time.

I am intelligent, just so far ahead of you you don't comprehend what I say....