Total Posts:246|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

those who count themselves Agnostic...?

graceofgod
Posts: 5,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 12:04:11 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Do you simply believe God's existence cannot be proved so you don't believe??

Do you mean, you are waiting for further evidence to prove God exists??

or is it something else??

I do not understand agnosticism, if you can explain it I would be grateful..
Skeptical1
Posts: 696
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 12:15:30 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/2/2016 12:04:11 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Do you simply believe God's existence cannot be proved so you don't believe??

Do you mean, you are waiting for further evidence to prove God exists??

or is it something else??

I do not understand agnosticism, if you can explain it I would be grateful..

In my case, it was a truck stop along the way from Christianity to atheism. Once I decided I really didn't accept Christian dogma, I spent many years never giving it a thought. If you'd have asked me, I'd probably have said I neither believed nor disbelieved in a supernatural being, but I certainly didn't believe in the one peddled by orthodox Christianity. Then I met my current (long-term) partner, who is an atheist. And I think it was that which persuaded me I really should pick a side instead of sitting on the fence.
graceofgod
Posts: 5,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 12:19:58 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/2/2016 12:15:30 PM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:04:11 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Do you simply believe God's existence cannot be proved so you don't believe??

Do you mean, you are waiting for further evidence to prove God exists??

or is it something else??

I do not understand agnosticism, if you can explain it I would be grateful..

In my case, it was a truck stop along the way from Christianity to atheism. Once I decided I really didn't accept Christian dogma, I spent many years never giving it a thought. If you'd have asked me, I'd probably have said I neither believed nor disbelieved in a supernatural being, but I certainly didn't believe in the one peddled by orthodox Christianity. Then I met my current (long-term) partner, who is an atheist. And I think it was that which persuaded me I really should pick a side instead of sitting on the fence.

Thanks for your response... I have always assumed that agnostics were looking for more information to decide but someone I spoke to made me question that...

I in no way wish to sound disrespectful but in reality there is no fence...
Skeptical1
Posts: 696
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 12:21:27 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/2/2016 12:19:58 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:15:30 PM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:04:11 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Do you simply believe God's existence cannot be proved so you don't believe??

Do you mean, you are waiting for further evidence to prove God exists??

or is it something else??

I do not understand agnosticism, if you can explain it I would be grateful..

In my case, it was a truck stop along the way from Christianity to atheism. Once I decided I really didn't accept Christian dogma, I spent many years never giving it a thought. If you'd have asked me, I'd probably have said I neither believed nor disbelieved in a supernatural being, but I certainly didn't believe in the one peddled by orthodox Christianity. Then I met my current (long-term) partner, who is an atheist. And I think it was that which persuaded me I really should pick a side instead of sitting on the fence.

Thanks for your response... I have always assumed that agnostics were looking for more information to decide but someone I spoke to made me question that...

I in no way wish to sound disrespectful but in reality there is no fence...

"He who is not for me is against me" - yes, that's if you're talking about the Christian God. There are other versions.
graceofgod
Posts: 5,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 12:23:38 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/2/2016 12:21:27 PM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:19:58 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:15:30 PM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:04:11 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Do you simply believe God's existence cannot be proved so you don't believe??

Do you mean, you are waiting for further evidence to prove God exists??

or is it something else??

I do not understand agnosticism, if you can explain it I would be grateful..

In my case, it was a truck stop along the way from Christianity to atheism. Once I decided I really didn't accept Christian dogma, I spent many years never giving it a thought. If you'd have asked me, I'd probably have said I neither believed nor disbelieved in a supernatural being, but I certainly didn't believe in the one peddled by orthodox Christianity. Then I met my current (long-term) partner, who is an atheist. And I think it was that which persuaded me I really should pick a side instead of sitting on the fence.

Thanks for your response... I have always assumed that agnostics were looking for more information to decide but someone I spoke to made me question that...

I in no way wish to sound disrespectful but in reality there is no fence...

"He who is not for me is against me" - yes, that's if you're talking about the Christian God. There are other versions.

yes It is about the God of the bible..
what makes any other god more plausible...??
Skeptical1
Posts: 696
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 12:26:51 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/2/2016 12:23:38 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:21:27 PM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:19:58 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:15:30 PM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:04:11 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Do you simply believe God's existence cannot be proved so you don't believe??

Do you mean, you are waiting for further evidence to prove God exists??

or is it something else??

I do not understand agnosticism, if you can explain it I would be grateful..

In my case, it was a truck stop along the way from Christianity to atheism. Once I decided I really didn't accept Christian dogma, I spent many years never giving it a thought. If you'd have asked me, I'd probably have said I neither believed nor disbelieved in a supernatural being, but I certainly didn't believe in the one peddled by orthodox Christianity. Then I met my current (long-term) partner, who is an atheist. And I think it was that which persuaded me I really should pick a side instead of sitting on the fence.

Thanks for your response... I have always assumed that agnostics were looking for more information to decide but someone I spoke to made me question that...

I in no way wish to sound disrespectful but in reality there is no fence...

"He who is not for me is against me" - yes, that's if you're talking about the Christian God. There are other versions.

yes It is about the God of the bible..
what makes any other god more plausible...??

They're all equally implausible from where I stand. But what I meant was, in some people's version of God, he's not so fussy about whether you're on his "side" or not.
tarantula
Posts: 859
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 12:27:00 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/2/2016 12:04:11 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Do you simply believe God's existence cannot be proved so you don't believe??

Do you mean, you are waiting for further evidence to prove God exists??

or is it something else??

I do not understand agnosticism, if you can explain it I would be grateful..

A god could exist somewhere, but I don't believe the Biblical version of god is it as it doesn't appear a credible entity. It seems to be a very human creation along the lines of, 'my god is more powerful than yours, so there!'
graceofgod
Posts: 5,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 12:29:37 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/2/2016 12:26:51 PM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:23:38 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:21:27 PM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:19:58 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:15:30 PM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:04:11 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Do you simply believe God's existence cannot be proved so you don't believe??

Do you mean, you are waiting for further evidence to prove God exists??

or is it something else??

I do not understand agnosticism, if you can explain it I would be grateful..

In my case, it was a truck stop along the way from Christianity to atheism. Once I decided I really didn't accept Christian dogma, I spent many years never giving it a thought. If you'd have asked me, I'd probably have said I neither believed nor disbelieved in a supernatural being, but I certainly didn't believe in the one peddled by orthodox Christianity. Then I met my current (long-term) partner, who is an atheist. And I think it was that which persuaded me I really should pick a side instead of sitting on the fence.

Thanks for your response... I have always assumed that agnostics were looking for more information to decide but someone I spoke to made me question that...

I in no way wish to sound disrespectful but in reality there is no fence...

"He who is not for me is against me" - yes, that's if you're talking about the Christian God. There are other versions.

yes It is about the God of the bible..
what makes any other god more plausible...??

They're all equally implausible from where I stand. But what I meant was, in some people's version of God, he's not so fussy about whether you're on his "side" or not.

Oh I see, no problem, as far as I am concerned, with my understanding of scripture you are still saved, some I am sure would argue against that..
graceofgod
Posts: 5,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 12:32:00 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/2/2016 12:27:00 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:04:11 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Do you simply believe God's existence cannot be proved so you don't believe??

Do you mean, you are waiting for further evidence to prove God exists??

or is it something else??

I do not understand agnosticism, if you can explain it I would be grateful..

A god could exist somewhere, but I don't believe the Biblical version of god is it as it doesn't appear a credible entity. It seems to be a very human creation along the lines of, 'my god is more powerful than yours, so there!'

Think you for your response, as I said I don't really understand agnosticism, so thanks for helping me...

So you can believe there is a god just not the God of the bible..

could it be that perhaps, the information you have been given has been tainted, wrong or misunderstood??
Skeptical1
Posts: 696
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 12:32:39 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/2/2016 12:29:37 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:26:51 PM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:23:38 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:21:27 PM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:19:58 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:15:30 PM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:04:11 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Do you simply believe God's existence cannot be proved so you don't believe??

Do you mean, you are waiting for further evidence to prove God exists??

or is it something else??

I do not understand agnosticism, if you can explain it I would be grateful..

In my case, it was a truck stop along the way from Christianity to atheism. Once I decided I really didn't accept Christian dogma, I spent many years never giving it a thought. If you'd have asked me, I'd probably have said I neither believed nor disbelieved in a supernatural being, but I certainly didn't believe in the one peddled by orthodox Christianity. Then I met my current (long-term) partner, who is an atheist. And I think it was that which persuaded me I really should pick a side instead of sitting on the fence.

Thanks for your response... I have always assumed that agnostics were looking for more information to decide but someone I spoke to made me question that...

I in no way wish to sound disrespectful but in reality there is no fence...

"He who is not for me is against me" - yes, that's if you're talking about the Christian God. There are other versions.

yes It is about the God of the bible..
what makes any other god more plausible...??

They're all equally implausible from where I stand. But what I meant was, in some people's version of God, he's not so fussy about whether you're on his "side" or not.

Oh I see, no problem, as far as I am concerned, with my understanding of scripture you are still saved, some I am sure would argue against that..

No doubt, but I try not to lose sleep over that ;-)
graceofgod
Posts: 5,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 12:33:40 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/2/2016 12:32:39 PM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:29:37 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:26:51 PM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:23:38 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:21:27 PM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:19:58 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:15:30 PM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:04:11 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Do you simply believe God's existence cannot be proved so you don't believe??

Do you mean, you are waiting for further evidence to prove God exists??

or is it something else??

I do not understand agnosticism, if you can explain it I would be grateful..

In my case, it was a truck stop along the way from Christianity to atheism. Once I decided I really didn't accept Christian dogma, I spent many years never giving it a thought. If you'd have asked me, I'd probably have said I neither believed nor disbelieved in a supernatural being, but I certainly didn't believe in the one peddled by orthodox Christianity. Then I met my current (long-term) partner, who is an atheist. And I think it was that which persuaded me I really should pick a side instead of sitting on the fence.

Thanks for your response... I have always assumed that agnostics were looking for more information to decide but someone I spoke to made me question that...

I in no way wish to sound disrespectful but in reality there is no fence...

"He who is not for me is against me" - yes, that's if you're talking about the Christian God. There are other versions.

yes It is about the God of the bible..
what makes any other god more plausible...??

They're all equally implausible from where I stand. But what I meant was, in some people's version of God, he's not so fussy about whether you're on his "side" or not.

Oh I see, no problem, as far as I am concerned, with my understanding of scripture you are still saved, some I am sure would argue against that..

No doubt, but I try not to lose sleep over that ;-)

Bless you, lol
Quadrunner
Posts: 1,141
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 12:41:50 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/2/2016 12:04:11 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Do you simply believe God's existence cannot be proved so you don't believe??

Do you mean, you are waiting for further evidence to prove God exists??

or is it something else??

I do not understand agnosticism, if you can explain it I would be grateful..

I'd consider myself an agnostic sympathizer.

You believe what you believe. That's just how it is. If you don't happen to believe in the existence of a god, (between 0 and 100% sure) but acknowledge the possibility....That would be a form of agnosticism. You could reject, utilize, or even put faith in scripture and still be agnostic. If you have even an inkling of doubt, you are agnostic, which I believe is fairly common. Wanting to believe in God is not believing in God. Wanting to disbelieve in God, also, is not disbelieving in God.

Between 0% and 100% is agnosticism and atheism and theism are 'extremes' for lack of a better word. The belief itself is not a matter of logic, like one is better then the other. Its just how you feel.

Its hard for many people to relate, as your belief is literally describing your mental state. It is part of what you are, and can easily effect how you approach things.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Willows
Posts: 2,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 1:19:25 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/2/2016 12:32:00 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:27:00 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:04:11 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Do you simply believe God's existence cannot be proved so you don't believe??

Do you mean, you are waiting for further evidence to prove God exists??

or is it something else??

I do not understand agnosticism, if you can explain it I would be grateful..

A god could exist somewhere, but I don't believe the Biblical version of god is it as it doesn't appear a credible entity. It seems to be a very human creation along the lines of, 'my god is more powerful than yours, so there!'

Think you for your response, as I said I don't really understand agnosticism, so thanks for helping me...

So you can believe there is a god just not the God of the bible..

could it be that perhaps, the information you have been given has been tainted, wrong or misunderstood??

Could it be that whoever supplied the information was knocking some common sense into his head?
graceofgod
Posts: 5,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 2:44:02 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/2/2016 12:41:50 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:04:11 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Do you simply believe God's existence cannot be proved so you don't believe??

Do you mean, you are waiting for further evidence to prove God exists??

or is it something else??

I do not understand agnosticism, if you can explain it I would be grateful..

I'd consider myself an agnostic sympathizer.

You believe what you believe. That's just how it is. If you don't happen to believe in the existence of a god, (between 0 and 100% sure) but acknowledge the possibility....That would be a form of agnosticism. You could reject, utilize, or even put faith in scripture and still be agnostic. If you have even an inkling of doubt, you are agnostic, which I believe is fairly common. Wanting to believe in God is not believing in God. Wanting to disbelieve in God, also, is not disbelieving in God.

Between 0% and 100% is agnosticism and atheism and theism are 'extremes' for lack of a better word. The belief itself is not a matter of logic, like one is better then the other. Its just how you feel.

Its hard for many people to relate, as your belief is literally describing your mental state. It is part of what you are, and can easily effect how you approach things.

thanks, really interesting..
Do you think some people have belief in their genetic make up, while others have disbelief?? not trying to be funny or anything...
graceofgod
Posts: 5,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 2:52:29 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/2/2016 1:19:25 PM, Willows wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:32:00 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:27:00 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:04:11 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Do you simply believe God's existence cannot be proved so you don't believe??

Do you mean, you are waiting for further evidence to prove God exists??

or is it something else??

I do not understand agnosticism, if you can explain it I would be grateful..

A god could exist somewhere, but I don't believe the Biblical version of god is it as it doesn't appear a credible entity. It seems to be a very human creation along the lines of, 'my god is more powerful than yours, so there!'

Think you for your response, as I said I don't really understand agnosticism, so thanks for helping me...

So you can believe there is a god just not the God of the bible..

could it be that perhaps, the information you have been given has been tainted, wrong or misunderstood??

Could it be that whoever supplied the information was knocking some common sense into his head?

It could be but I was asking if the information they had gathered was from the source it should be from and given with understanding...
missmedic
Posts: 388
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 2:55:02 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/2/2016 12:04:11 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Do you simply believe God's existence cannot be proved so you don't believe??

Do you mean, you are waiting for further evidence to prove God exists??

or is it something else??

I do not understand agnosticism, if you can explain it I would be grateful..

There is no need to believe as there's no practical difference between believing and not believe in any gods. So there's no practical difference between the existence and non-existence of any gods.
Quadrunner
Posts: 1,141
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 2:55:17 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/2/2016 2:44:02 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:41:50 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:04:11 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Do you simply believe God's existence cannot be proved so you don't believe??

Do you mean, you are waiting for further evidence to prove God exists??

or is it something else??

I do not understand agnosticism, if you can explain it I would be grateful..

I'd consider myself an agnostic sympathizer.

You believe what you believe. That's just how it is. If you don't happen to believe in the existence of a god, (between 0 and 100% sure) but acknowledge the possibility....That would be a form of agnosticism. You could reject, utilize, or even put faith in scripture and still be agnostic. If you have even an inkling of doubt, you are agnostic, which I believe is fairly common. Wanting to believe in God is not believing in God. Wanting to disbelieve in God, also, is not disbelieving in God.

Between 0% and 100% is agnosticism and atheism and theism are 'extremes' for lack of a better word. The belief itself is not a matter of logic, like one is better then the other. Its just how you feel.

Its hard for many people to relate, as your belief is literally describing your mental state. It is part of what you are, and can easily effect how you approach things.

thanks, really interesting..
Do you think some people have belief in their genetic make up, while others have disbelief?? not trying to be funny or anything...

As in believing in God from birth? I believe, personally, there was only one person who could have possibly possessed that trait, and think its purely nurture related. Everyone has what is required to believe in God, but no one is born believing, hence we are born into sin.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
graceofgod
Posts: 5,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 3:00:01 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/2/2016 2:55:02 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:04:11 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Do you simply believe God's existence cannot be proved so you don't believe??

Do you mean, you are waiting for further evidence to prove God exists??

or is it something else??

I do not understand agnosticism, if you can explain it I would be grateful..



There is no need to believe as there's no practical difference between believing and not believe in any gods. So there's no practical difference between the existence and non-existence of any gods.

That is assuming you are right in not believing, if you are wrong and the God of the bible exists, the position of non belief is a vary precarious one...
graceofgod
Posts: 5,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 3:02:16 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/2/2016 2:55:17 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 11/2/2016 2:44:02 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:41:50 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:04:11 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Do you simply believe God's existence cannot be proved so you don't believe??

Do you mean, you are waiting for further evidence to prove God exists??

or is it something else??

I do not understand agnosticism, if you can explain it I would be grateful..

I'd consider myself an agnostic sympathizer.

You believe what you believe. That's just how it is. If you don't happen to believe in the existence of a god, (between 0 and 100% sure) but acknowledge the possibility....That would be a form of agnosticism. You could reject, utilize, or even put faith in scripture and still be agnostic. If you have even an inkling of doubt, you are agnostic, which I believe is fairly common. Wanting to believe in God is not believing in God. Wanting to disbelieve in God, also, is not disbelieving in God.

Between 0% and 100% is agnosticism and atheism and theism are 'extremes' for lack of a better word. The belief itself is not a matter of logic, like one is better then the other. Its just how you feel.

Its hard for many people to relate, as your belief is literally describing your mental state. It is part of what you are, and can easily effect how you approach things.

thanks, really interesting..
Do you think some people have belief in their genetic make up, while others have disbelief?? not trying to be funny or anything...

As in believing in God from birth? I believe, personally, there was only one person who could have possibly possessed that trait, and think its purely nurture related. Everyone has what is required to believe in God, but no one is born believing, hence we are born into sin.

Yet some Christians, like myself, find their faith later in life and are the only ones in their family to do so...

the biblical idea or predestination is an interesting conundrum..
tarantula
Posts: 859
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 3:03:58 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/2/2016 3:00:01 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 2:55:02 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:04:11 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Do you simply believe God's existence cannot be proved so you don't believe??

Do you mean, you are waiting for further evidence to prove God exists??

or is it something else??

I do not understand agnosticism, if you can explain it I would be grateful..



There is no need to believe as there's no practical difference between believing and not believe in any gods. So there's no practical difference between the existence and non-existence of any gods.

That is assuming you are right in not believing, if you are wrong and the God of the bible exists, the position of non belief is a vary precarious one...

Yep, I better invest in asbestos clothing for when I am confronted with the fires of hell, LOL!
graceofgod
Posts: 5,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 3:16:01 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/2/2016 3:03:58 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 11/2/2016 3:00:01 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 2:55:02 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:04:11 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Do you simply believe God's existence cannot be proved so you don't believe??

Do you mean, you are waiting for further evidence to prove God exists??

or is it something else??

I do not understand agnosticism, if you can explain it I would be grateful..



There is no need to believe as there's no practical difference between believing and not believe in any gods. So there's no practical difference between the existence and non-existence of any gods.

That is assuming you are right in not believing, if you are wrong and the God of the bible exists, the position of non belief is a vary precarious one...

Yep, I better invest in asbestos clothing for when I am confronted with the fires of hell, LOL!

I think you will need more than that but at least you realise you initial premise was flawed, which is good...
tarantula
Posts: 859
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 3:20:38 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/2/2016 3:16:01 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 3:03:58 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 11/2/2016 3:00:01 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 2:55:02 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:04:11 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Do you simply believe God's existence cannot be proved so you don't believe??

Do you mean, you are waiting for further evidence to prove God exists??

or is it something else??

I do not understand agnosticism, if you can explain it I would be grateful..



There is no need to believe as there's no practical difference between believing and not believe in any gods. So there's no practical difference between the existence and non-existence of any gods.

That is assuming you are right in not believing, if you are wrong and the God of the bible exists, the position of non belief is a vary precarious one...

Yep, I better invest in asbestos clothing for when I am confronted with the fires of hell, LOL!

I think you will need more than that but at least you realise you initial premise was flawed, which is good...

Of course I don't, it isn't credible. As I have said before some sort of god might exist, but the Biblical one is the stuff of fairy tales like those of the Brothers Grimm!
graceofgod
Posts: 5,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 3:27:05 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/2/2016 3:20:38 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 11/2/2016 3:16:01 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 3:03:58 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 11/2/2016 3:00:01 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 2:55:02 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:04:11 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Do you simply believe God's existence cannot be proved so you don't believe??

Do you mean, you are waiting for further evidence to prove God exists??

or is it something else??

I do not understand agnosticism, if you can explain it I would be grateful..



There is no need to believe as there's no practical difference between believing and not believe in any gods. So there's no practical difference between the existence and non-existence of any gods.

That is assuming you are right in not believing, if you are wrong and the God of the bible exists, the position of non belief is a vary precarious one...

Yep, I better invest in asbestos clothing for when I am confronted with the fires of hell, LOL!

I think you will need more than that but at least you realise you initial premise was flawed, which is good...

Of course I don't, it isn't credible. As I have said before some sort of god might exist, but the Biblical one is the stuff of fairy tales like those of the Brothers Grimm!

so what would make a different God more plausible???
tarantula
Posts: 859
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 3:31:00 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/2/2016 3:27:05 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 3:20:38 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 11/2/2016 3:16:01 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 3:03:58 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 11/2/2016 3:00:01 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 2:55:02 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:04:11 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Do you simply believe God's existence cannot be proved so you don't believe??

Do you mean, you are waiting for further evidence to prove God exists??

or is it something else??

I do not understand agnosticism, if you can explain it I would be grateful..



There is no need to believe as there's no practical difference between believing and not believe in any gods. So there's no practical difference between the existence and non-existence of any gods.

That is assuming you are right in not believing, if you are wrong and the God of the bible exists, the position of non belief is a vary precarious one...

Yep, I better invest in asbestos clothing for when I am confronted with the fires of hell, LOL!

I think you will need more than that but at least you realise you initial premise was flawed, which is good...

Of course I don't, it isn't credible. As I have said before some sort of god might exist, but the Biblical one is the stuff of fairy tales like those of the Brothers Grimm!

so what would make a different God more plausible???

One that didn't have all the worst of human failings like the Biblical god, for a start.
graceofgod
Posts: 5,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 3:34:46 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/2/2016 3:31:00 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 11/2/2016 3:27:05 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 3:20:38 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 11/2/2016 3:16:01 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 3:03:58 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 11/2/2016 3:00:01 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 2:55:02 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:04:11 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Do you simply believe God's existence cannot be proved so you don't believe??

Do you mean, you are waiting for further evidence to prove God exists??

or is it something else??

I do not understand agnosticism, if you can explain it I would be grateful..



There is no need to believe as there's no practical difference between believing and not believe in any gods. So there's no practical difference between the existence and non-existence of any gods.

That is assuming you are right in not believing, if you are wrong and the God of the bible exists, the position of non belief is a vary precarious one...

Yep, I better invest in asbestos clothing for when I am confronted with the fires of hell, LOL!

I think you will need more than that but at least you realise you initial premise was flawed, which is good...

Of course I don't, it isn't credible. As I have said before some sort of god might exist, but the Biblical one is the stuff of fairy tales like those of the Brothers Grimm!

so what would make a different God more plausible???

One that didn't have all the worst of human failings like the Biblical god, for a start.

such as??
missmedic
Posts: 388
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 3:39:28 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/2/2016 3:00:01 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 2:55:02 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:04:11 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Do you simply believe God's existence cannot be proved so you don't believe??

Do you mean, you are waiting for further evidence to prove God exists??

or is it something else??

I do not understand agnosticism, if you can explain it I would be grateful..



There is no need to believe as there's no practical difference between believing and not believe in any gods. So there's no practical difference between the existence and non-existence of any gods.

That is assuming you are right in not believing, if you are wrong and the God of the bible exists, the position of non belief is a vary precarious one...

Yes because your god says believe or burn. It's like Voodoo if you don't believe it does not work.
Also the chance of you picking the right Abrahamic god is one in three, if you include all the gods the odds are not in the believers favor.
graceofgod
Posts: 5,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 3:43:23 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/2/2016 3:39:28 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 11/2/2016 3:00:01 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 2:55:02 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:04:11 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Do you simply believe God's existence cannot be proved so you don't believe??

Do you mean, you are waiting for further evidence to prove God exists??

or is it something else??

I do not understand agnosticism, if you can explain it I would be grateful..



There is no need to believe as there's no practical difference between believing and not believe in any gods. So there's no practical difference between the existence and non-existence of any gods.

That is assuming you are right in not believing, if you are wrong and the God of the bible exists, the position of non belief is a vary precarious one...

Yes because your god says believe or burn. It's like Voodoo if you don't believe it does not work.
Also the chance of you picking the right Abrahamic god is one in three, if you include all the gods the odds are not in the believers favor.

Not at all God gives you a choice, spend eternity with him or eternity without him, you chose your destination..
Do you think God should make people spend eternity with him when they don't want to??

there is only one God of the bible really...
tarantula
Posts: 859
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 3:47:59 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/2/2016 3:34:46 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 3:31:00 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 11/2/2016 3:27:05 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 3:20:38 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 11/2/2016 3:16:01 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 3:03:58 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 11/2/2016 3:00:01 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 2:55:02 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:04:11 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Do you simply believe God's existence cannot be proved so you don't believe??

Do you mean, you are waiting for further evidence to prove God exists??

or is it something else??

I do not understand agnosticism, if you can explain it I would be grateful..



There is no need to believe as there's no practical difference between believing and not believe in any gods. So there's no practical difference between the existence and non-existence of any gods.

That is assuming you are right in not believing, if you are wrong and the God of the bible exists, the position of non belief is a vary precarious one...

Yep, I better invest in asbestos clothing for when I am confronted with the fires of hell, LOL!

I think you will need more than that but at least you realise you initial premise was flawed, which is good...

Of course I don't, it isn't credible. As I have said before some sort of god might exist, but the Biblical one is the stuff of fairy tales like those of the Brothers Grimm!

so what would make a different God more plausible???

One that didn't have all the worst of human failings like the Biblical god, for a start.

such as??

If you believe the Bible to be literally true, god created human nature so it could enjoy human suffering! It set Adam and Eve up. It flooded the world when having a temper tantrum, if all the humans were bad what had the animals done wrong? The Biblical heroes were pretty ghastly people like Abraham. God got a young girl pregnant and then had its supposed son killed in a ghastly way to 'save' the world from its screw ups! Surely a real god would be beyond all that nastiness?
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 3:48:14 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/2/2016 3:43:23 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 3:39:28 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 11/2/2016 3:00:01 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 2:55:02 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:04:11 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Do you simply believe God's existence cannot be proved so you don't believe??

Do you mean, you are waiting for further evidence to prove God exists??

or is it something else??

I do not understand agnosticism, if you can explain it I would be grateful..



There is no need to believe as there's no practical difference between believing and not believe in any gods. So there's no practical difference between the existence and non-existence of any gods.

That is assuming you are right in not believing, if you are wrong and the God of the bible exists, the position of non belief is a vary precarious one...

Yes because your god says believe or burn. It's like Voodoo if you don't believe it does not work.
Also the chance of you picking the right Abrahamic god is one in three, if you include all the gods the odds are not in the believers favor.

Not at all God gives you a choice, spend eternity with him or eternity without him, you chose your destination..

God has never offered that choice to me or anyone I know. In fact, he has probably never offered it to you, either.

Do you think God should make people spend eternity with him when they don't want to??

If God wants people to spend eternity with him, he is free to ask them.

there is only one God of the bible really...

Aw, isn't that cute.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Dogknox
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 3:50:23 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/2/2016 1:19:25 PM, Willows wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:32:00 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:27:00 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 11/2/2016 12:04:11 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Do you simply believe God's existence cannot be proved so you don't believe??

Do you mean, you are waiting for further evidence to prove God exists??

or is it something else??

I do not understand agnosticism, if you can explain it I would be grateful..

A god could exist somewhere, but I don't believe the Biblical version of god is it as it doesn't appear a credible entity. It seems to be a very human creation along the lines of, 'my god is more powerful than yours, so there!'

Think you for your response, as I said I don't really understand agnosticism, so thanks for helping me...

So you can believe there is a god just not the God of the bible..

could it be that perhaps, the information you have been given has been tainted, wrong or misunderstood??

Could it be that whoever supplied the information was knocking some common sense into his head?

I have said it many times... "It takes FAITH to be an Atheist"!
You BELIEVE there is NO God! That's all you GOT your own belief no PROOF!