Jump to topic:

Geography

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 3:06:50 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
I know it's been done before but it doesn't hurt to rub it in again.
At 11/2/2016 11:12:44 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

Your bias is so extreme you don't recognize it. If you had been bought up in Islamic society you would be an equally devout Muslim. That sums up religion. It's not based on critical thought but on geography, which religion you are taught by your parents, your school, your place of worship as well as the influences of wider society and what other people close to you in life believe.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
VirBinarus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 7:03:48 AM
At 11/3/2016 3:06:50 AM, bulproof wrote:

Your bias is so extreme you don't recognize it. If you had been bought up in Islamic society you would be an equally devout Muslim. That sums up religion. It's not based on critical thought but on geography, which religion you are taught by your parents, your school, your place of worship as well as the influences of wider society and what other people close to you in life believe.

go on, let's have some things that are based on critical thought.
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 7:13:02 AM
At 11/3/2016 7:03:48 AM, VirBinarus wrote:

Don't run away yelling back over your shoulder. Did mummy give birth to you in a Hindu environment?
VirBinarus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 7:28:49 AM
At 11/3/2016 7:13:02 AM, bulproof wrote:

Don't run away yelling back over your shoulder. Did mummy give birth to you in a Hindu environment?

can you give us some good examples of things that society considers "subjective" that are based on critical thought?
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 7:34:19 AM
At 11/3/2016 7:28:49 AM, VirBinarus wrote:
At 11/3/2016 7:13:02 AM, bulproof wrote:

can you give us some good examples of things that society considers "subjective" that are based on critical thought?
Is the OP to difficult for you? Go and find a thread that you might understand.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 8:27:24 AM

God gives us brain thereby everyone able to search the truth no matter where he she comes from. However it is the blessing if someone born in the divine society, therefore he she does no longer need to search the truth, he she merely need to improve his her belief quality.
oppositely, anyone who was born from other religious parents has to ponder and to examine again his her parent religions.
Some of us after finding the parent's religion is false, automatically take a conclusion that all religion is false yet they don't learn other religions outside their's.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 10:26:25 AM
At 11/3/2016 8:27:24 AM, uncung wrote:

God gives us brain thereby everyone able to search the truth no matter where he she comes from. However it is the blessing if someone born in the divine society, therefore he she does no longer need to search the truth, he she merely need to improve his her belief quality.
oppositely, anyone who was born from other religious parents has to ponder and to examine again his her parent religions.
Some of us after finding the parent's religion is false, automatically take a conclusion that all religion is false yet they don't learn other religions outside their's.
If you were born in Buenos Aires, you most certainly would not be a muslim. You would be preaching the truth of catholicism.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 10:59:44 AM
At 11/3/2016 10:26:25 AM, bulproof wrote:

If you were born in Buenos Aires, you most certainly would not be a muslim. You would be preaching the truth of catholicism.

If I were born in Buenos Aires the story would be different. However I am not a person who accept the belief blindly. If I found my religion was wrong then I would start an adventure to find the true faith.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 12:15:05 PM
At 11/3/2016 10:59:44 AM, uncung wrote:

If I were born in Buenos Aires the story would be different. However I am not a person who accept the belief blindly. If I found my religion was wrong then I would start an adventure to find the true faith.
You would conclude catholicism right just as you now conclude islam is right.
Silly_Billy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 12:17:59 PM

That is an interesting concept but how exactly would you go around determining that your religion is wrong when you are born to the false one? What criteria would you use to determine that?
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 12:51:57 PM
Here is just one of many links that prove the atheist agenda on this site will say anything at any time. The only thing these atheists ever get right, is everything they say is always wrong.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

This link shows the diverse geography to which Christianity has been spreading its wings. There are Christian churches spreading all over Asia as well.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 1:01:43 PM
At 11/3/2016 12:17:59 PM, Silly_Billy wrote:

That is an interesting concept but how exactly would you go around determining that your religion is wrong when you are born to the false one? What criteria would you use to determine that?

Dejavu.
how exactly would I go around determining it and What criteria would i use to determine that?

- by holy book
- facts
- science
- history
- miracles
- teaching
- the prophet
- universality
- preservation
- supernatural
- pilgrim
- logic
- irrefutable
and many else.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 1:02:50 PM
At 11/3/2016 12:15:05 PM, bulproof wrote:

Is Catholic right? (uh not again).
KwLm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 1:15:46 PM

BullSh*t.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 1:20:33 PM
At 11/3/2016 12:51:57 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
Here is just one of many links that prove the atheist agenda on this site will say anything at any time. The only thing these atheists ever get right, is everything they say is always wrong.

This link shows the diverse geography to which Christianity has been spreading its wings. There are Christian churches spreading all over Asia as well.
Oh duh.
The OP little blind one, the OP.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 1:22:36 PM
At 11/3/2016 1:02:50 PM, uncung wrote:

I see you don't understand what is being discussed. Off ya go.
Silly_Billy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 1:23:30 PM
At 11/3/2016 1:01:43 PM, uncung wrote:

Dejavu.
how exactly would I go around determining it and What criteria would i use to determine that?

- by holy book
- facts
- science
- history
- miracles
- teaching
- the prophet
- universality
- preservation
- supernatural
- pilgrim
- logic
- irrefutable
and many else.

And all of these are in large part determined by the culture that you are born in. If you had been born in Buenos Aires, you would have taken all of these from the Brazilian culture and therefor, you would not have been a Muslim and you would not have questioned that.

For instance, have you ever read the Bible?
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 1:26:46 PM
At 11/3/2016 1:23:30 PM, Silly_Billy wrote:

Dejavu.

- by holy book
- facts
- science
- history
- miracles
- teaching
- the prophet
- universality
- preservation
- supernatural
- pilgrim
- logic
- irrefutable
and many else.

And all of these are in large part determined by the culture that you are born in. If you had been born in Buenos Aires, you would have taken all of these from the Brazilian culture and therefor, you would not have been a Muslim and you would not have questioned that.

If any religion met those criteria then I would embrace it.
yes i have read the bible.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 1:27:28 PM
At 11/3/2016 1:22:36 PM, bulproof wrote:

which one?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 1:35:54 PM
At 11/3/2016 1:27:28 PM, uncung wrote:

which one?
Yes I know, that's why I said off ya go.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 1:40:50 PM
At 11/3/2016 1:20:33 PM, bulproof wrote:

Oh duh.

I think the crater of hypocrisy is the apocalypse of an absence that has become the sunken hole of the mindless atheist fallen deep outside, as their inner eyes have all gone blind.

DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 1:41:34 PM

Dejavu.

- by holy book
- facts
- science
- history
- miracles
- teaching
- the prophet
- universality
- preservation
- supernatural
- pilgrim
- logic
- irrefutable
and many else.

Facts, science and logic, while not showing any particular religion to be wrong, does not show any religions are correct, which includes Islam.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Silly_Billy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 1:42:42 PM
At 11/3/2016 1:26:46 PM, uncung wrote:
At 11/3/2016 1:23:30 PM, Silly_Billy wrote:

If you were born in Buenos Aires, you most certainly would not be a Muslim. You would be preaching the truth of catholicism.

Dejavu.
how exactly would I go around determining it and What criteria would I use to determine that?

- by holy book
- facts
- science
- history
- miracles
- teaching
- the prophet
- universality
- preservation
- supernatural
- pilgrim
- logic
- irrefutable
and many else.

And all of these are in large part determined by the culture that you are born in. If you had been born in Buenos Aires, you would have taken all of these from the Brazilian culture and therefore, you would not have been a Muslim and you would not have questioned that.

If any religion met those criteria then I would embrace it.
yes I have read the bible.

You have not stated any criteria, you have only made a list of the materials that you would use to study the validity of a religion using the criteria that you have not stated. The problem i suppose is that such a list is beyond the capacity of the written word just as is beyond the written word to accurately describe God.

I am certain though that you have not read the Bible with the same conviction on its righteousness as being the true word of God as you would the Koran. Don't get me wrong though, I don't believe in either book.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 1:45:26 PM
At 11/3/2016 1:35:54 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/3/2016 1:27:28 PM, uncung wrote:

which one?
Yes I know, that's why I said off ya go.
which one do you mean I don't understand?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 1:46:06 PM
At 11/3/2016 1:40:50 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Oh duh.

I think the crater of hypocrisy is the apocalypse of an absence that has become the sunken hole of the mindless atheist fallen deep outside, as their inner eyes have all gone blind.

On this astral plane you make no sense. Go and play with Kim il sung.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 1:49:20 PM
At 11/3/2016 1:41:34 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Dejavu.

- by holy book
- facts
- science
- history
- miracles
- teaching
- the prophet
- universality
- preservation
- supernatural
- pilgrim
- logic
- irrefutable
and many else.

Facts, science and logic, while not showing any particular religion to be wrong, does not show any religions are correct, which includes Islam.

Why is it incorrect? can you back your assertion up with evidence or proof.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 2:11:05 PM
At 11/3/2016 1:46:06 PM, bulproof wrote:

Oh duh.

The hypocrisy of the atheist never makes any sense. The terrorist Vladimir Putnin is trying to make it illegal to be a Christian. Christians are being arrested for talking about Christianity outside their churches in Russia. The terrorist Putnin wants only the gospel of the atheist spoken on every corner street. He wants a war. He is going to get a war. This war will be a civilian war inside and outside all nations. Christianity has a right to exist anywhere it wishes to exist. This is the basic right of the freedom of speech. If you don't like what I have to say, then you don't have to listen. But if you try to call me a terrorist, I will have no choice but to become that terrorist. Because you are now terrorizing me. You are threatening me. So I will protect myself. I will protect myself from the militant march of the atheists uncivilized nations. Obama has breached the separation of church and state to use his office as a podium for preaching hatred towards the Christians.
Silly_Billy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 2:31:58 PM
At 11/3/2016 2:11:05 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Oh duh.

The hypocrisy of the atheist never makes any sense. The terrorist Vladimir Putnin is trying to make it illegal to be a Christian. Christians are being arrested for talking about Christianity outside their churches in Russia. The terrorist Putnin wants only the gospel of the atheist spoken on every corner street. He wants a war. He is going to get a war. This war will be a civilian war inside and outside all nations. Christianity has a right to exist anywhere it wishes to exist. This is the basic right of the freedom of speech. If you don't like what I have to say, then you don't have to listen. But if you try to call me a terrorist, I will have no choice but to become that terrorist. Because you are now terrorizing me. You are threatening me. So I will protect myself. I will protect myself from the militant march of the atheists uncivilized nations. Obama has breached the separation of church and state to use his office as a podium for preaching hatred towards the Christians.

If you are a prime example of Christianity, then perhaps it ought to be outlawed. Here you are stating that you should have the basic right of the freedom of speech, but the simple truth is that you only want that freedom for those who say what you want to hear. Aren't you the one who wants for society to return to a time when Homosexuality was still seen as a disease and those who proclaimed themselfes to be homosexual were prosecuted as deviants? Aren't you one of those who would want for the law to be rewritten so that it becomes a crime to teach about homosexuality to children? Putin has done that you idiot! You want what Putin wants and if Putin proclaimed himself a Christian, you would follow him into hell because he is exactly the type of person who you would want to be ruled by!
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 2:37:29 PM
At 11/3/2016 2:31:58 PM, Silly_Billy wrote:
At 11/3/2016 2:11:05 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Oh duh.

If you are a prime example of Christianity, then perhaps it ought to be outlawed. Here you are stating that you should have the basic right of the freedom of speech, but the simple truth is that you only want that freedom for those who say what you want to hear. Aren't you the one who wants for society to return to a time when Homosexuality was still seen as a disease and those who proclaimed themselfes to be homosexual were prosecuted as deviants? Aren't you one of those who would want for the law to be rewritten so that it becomes a crime to teach about homosexuality to children? Putin has done that you idiot! You want what Putin wants and if Putin proclaimed himself a Christian, you would follow him into hell because he is exactly the type of person who you would want to be ruled by!

You have a bad habit of trying to tell me what I want. I have said none of those things. You are a scary guy with a scary mind. Go ahead and speak your mind, but allow me to speak for mine.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 2:37:37 PM
At 11/3/2016 1:49:20 PM, uncung wrote:
At 11/3/2016 1:41:34 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Dejavu.

- by holy book
- facts
- science
- history
- miracles
- teaching
- the prophet
- universality
- preservation
- supernatural
- pilgrim
- logic
- irrefutable
and many else.

Why is it incorrect? can you back your assertion up with evidence or proof.

Science logic and facts show only nature and the physical laws, no gods anywhere.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth