Total Posts:56|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

challenge: Jesus fullfilled a prophecy

Artur
Posts: 719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 2:25:33 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
just forward the messianic prophecy you think Jesus fullfilled.

Jesus of new testament did not fullfill any messianic prophecy.

do not cite a link that lists non-prophecies. Explain yourself and come with 1 prophecy only.
"I'm not as soft or as generous a person as I would be if the world hadn't changed me" Bobby Fischer
rosends
Posts: 56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 2:30:42 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/3/2016 2:25:33 PM, Artur wrote:
just forward the messianic prophecy you think Jesus fullfilled.

Jesus of new testament did not fullfill any messianic prophecy.


do not cite a link that lists non-prophecies. Explain yourself and come with 1 prophecy only.

Point of clarification:
Who gets to decide whether a particular verse/quote is a prophecy and who decides whether a prophecy is specifically messianic?

tia
Artur
Posts: 719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 2:38:43 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/3/2016 2:30:42 PM, rosends wrote:
At 11/3/2016 2:25:33 PM, Artur wrote:
just forward the messianic prophecy you think Jesus fullfilled.

Jesus of new testament did not fullfill any messianic prophecy.


do not cite a link that lists non-prophecies. Explain yourself and come with 1 prophecy only.

Point of clarification:
Who gets to decide whether a particular verse/quote is a prophecy and who decides whether a prophecy is specifically messianic?

tia
let those, who think Jesus fullfilled a prophecy, explain and demonstrate why the prophecy he thibks Jesus fullfilled is messianic. and if I think it is not I need to explain.

The context will be the judge
"I'm not as soft or as generous a person as I would be if the world hadn't changed me" Bobby Fischer
rosends
Posts: 56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 4:01:07 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/3/2016 2:38:43 PM, Artur wrote:
At 11/3/2016 2:30:42 PM, rosends wrote:
At 11/3/2016 2:25:33 PM, Artur wrote:
just forward the messianic prophecy you think Jesus fullfilled.

Jesus of new testament did not fullfill any messianic prophecy.


do not cite a link that lists non-prophecies. Explain yourself and come with 1 prophecy only.

Point of clarification:
Who gets to decide whether a particular verse/quote is a prophecy and who decides whether a prophecy is specifically messianic?

tia
let those, who think Jesus fullfilled a prophecy, explain and demonstrate why the prophecy he thibks Jesus fullfilled is messianic. and if I think it is not I need to explain.

The context will be the judge

So if someone were to raise Zech 9:9 and say that the prophecy is that a king will ride a donkey, and Jesus rode a donkey, would that count?
Artur
Posts: 719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 1:43:17 PM
Posted: 4 weeks ago
Point of clarification:
Who gets to decide whether a particular verse/quote is a prophecy and who decides whether a prophecy is specifically messianic?

tia
let those, who think Jesus fullfilled a prophecy, explain and demonstrate why the prophecy he thibks Jesus fullfilled is messianic. and if I think it is not I need to explain.

The context will be the judge

So if someone were to raise Zech 9:9 and say that the prophecy is that a king will ride a donkey, and Jesus rode a donkey, would that count?
good question but easy to debunk. first, let us misquote the verse out of context and see does jesus qualify for that as the author of Matthew tried to decieve us. NIV zech 9:9:

Rejoice greatly, Daughter Zion!
Shout, Daughter Jerusalem!
See, your king comes to you,
righteous and victorious,
lowly and riding on a donkey,
on a colt, the foal of a donkey

Jesus was not civtorious and was not lowly. He was not a king of Jerusalem. He was not righteous. a Jesus believer or a claimer that claims Jesus matched it then he must demonstrate:

Jesus was righteous,victorious and lowly king of Jerusalem. This all are valid if we take the verse out of context like Matthew's writer did. if we go to actual context:

God here tells about the time that king will come. Looking at context, that king was to destroy enemies of Israel (something Jesus never did). That king was to establish eternal peace, that is something Jesus could have probably done in his dream. He was unable to secure his own life let alone eternal piece.

so, misuse of Zech 9:9 is debunked easily.
"I'm not as soft or as generous a person as I would be if the world hadn't changed me" Bobby Fischer
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,006
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 7:03:06 PM
Posted: 4 weeks ago
At 11/3/2016 2:25:33 PM, Artur wrote:
just forward the messianic prophecy you think Jesus fullfilled.

Jesus of new testament did not fullfill any messianic prophecy.


do not cite a link that lists non-prophecies. Explain yourself and come with 1 prophecy only.

He shall be a Nazarene.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Artur
Posts: 719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 9:52:57 PM
Posted: 4 weeks ago
At 11/5/2016 7:03:06 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/3/2016 2:25:33 PM, Artur wrote:
just forward the messianic prophecy you think Jesus fullfilled.

Jesus of new testament did not fullfill any messianic prophecy.


do not cite a link that lists non-prophecies. Explain yourself and come with 1 prophecy only.

He shall be a Nazarene.
I have searched the old testament for such a "prophecy", could not find. Citation please
"I'm not as soft or as generous a person as I would be if the world hadn't changed me" Bobby Fischer
Artur
Posts: 719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 10:13:50 PM
Posted: 4 weeks ago
At 11/5/2016 9:52:57 PM, Artur wrote:
At 11/5/2016 7:03:06 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/3/2016 2:25:33 PM, Artur wrote:
just forward the messianic prophecy you think Jesus fullfilled.

Jesus of new testament did not fullfill any messianic prophecy.


do not cite a link that lists non-prophecies. Explain yourself and come with 1 prophecy only.

He shall be a Nazarene.
I have searched the old testament for such a "prophecy", could not find. Citation please
the prophecy was to be prophesied in the original testament.

To say "this prophecy exists becayse fake testamrnt says so" is nonsense. everyone can invent such prophecies if that sorks.
"I'm not as soft or as generous a person as I would be if the world hadn't changed me" Bobby Fischer
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,006
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 12:57:38 AM
Posted: 4 weeks ago
At 11/5/2016 9:52:57 PM, Artur wrote:
At 11/5/2016 7:03:06 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/3/2016 2:25:33 PM, Artur wrote:
just forward the messianic prophecy you think Jesus fullfilled.

Jesus of new testament did not fullfill any messianic prophecy.


do not cite a link that lists non-prophecies. Explain yourself and come with 1 prophecy only.

He shall be a Nazarene.
I have searched the old testament for such a "prophecy", could not find. Citation please

Who says all prophecy had to be written down in the Old Testament?? Where can I find that in the Old Testament??? Where can I find an early Christian saying "I've read Matthew 2:23, and this is the first time I've ever heard of this prophecy."?
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Artur
Posts: 719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 1:16:26 AM
Posted: 4 weeks ago
At 11/6/2016 12:57:38 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/5/2016 9:52:57 PM, Artur wrote:
At 11/5/2016 7:03:06 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/3/2016 2:25:33 PM, Artur wrote:
just forward the messianic prophecy you think Jesus fullfilled.

Jesus of new testament did not fullfill any messianic prophecy.


do not cite a link that lists non-prophecies. Explain yourself and come with 1 prophecy only.

He shall be a Nazarene.
I have searched the old testament for such a "prophecy", could not find. Citation please

Who says all prophecy had to be written down in the Old Testament??
as far as I know, no one. why did you ask me this question?
Where can I find that in the Old Testament???
why are you asking me ?
Where can I find an early Christian saying "I've read Matthew 2:23, and this is the first time I've ever heard of this prophecy."?
1. why r u asking me?
2. why early christian saying?
3. why "christian" saying?prophecies has nothing to do with christians
4. why the quote you wish to find has to be "I have tead matthew, first time I have heard it"?
"I'm not as soft or as generous a person as I would be if the world hadn't changed me" Bobby Fischer
Artur
Posts: 719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 1:18:01 AM
Posted: 4 weeks ago
At 11/5/2016 9:52:57 PM, Artur wrote:
At 11/5/2016 7:03:06 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/3/2016 2:25:33 PM, Artur wrote:
just forward the messianic prophecy you think Jesus fullfilled.

Jesus of new testament did not fullfill any messianic prophecy.


do not cite a link that lists non-prophecies. Explain yourself and come with 1 prophecy only.

He shall be a Nazarene.
I have searched the old testament for such a "prophecy", could not find. Citation please

by the way, no explanation is given which means failure. next please
"I'm not as soft or as generous a person as I would be if the world hadn't changed me" Bobby Fischer
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,006
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 2:38:44 AM
Posted: 4 weeks ago
At 11/6/2016 1:16:26 AM, Artur wrote:
At 11/6/2016 12:57:38 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/5/2016 9:52:57 PM, Artur wrote:
At 11/5/2016 7:03:06 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/3/2016 2:25:33 PM, Artur wrote:
just forward the messianic prophecy you think Jesus fullfilled.

Jesus of new testament did not fullfill any messianic prophecy.


do not cite a link that lists non-prophecies. Explain yourself and come with 1 prophecy only.

He shall be a Nazarene.
I have searched the old testament for such a "prophecy", could not find. Citation please

Who says all prophecy had to be written down in the Old Testament??
as far as I know, no one. why did you ask me this question?

Because it nullifies your question concerning "where in the Old Testament..."

Where can I find that in the Old Testament???
why are you asking me ?

See above.

Where can I find an early Christian saying "I've read Matthew 2:23, and this is the first time I've ever heard of this prophecy."?
1. why r u asking me?

See above.

2. why early christian saying?

Because if the prophecy never existed, you'd expect to see such a thing.

3. why "christian" saying?prophecies has nothing to do with christians

They would be aware of them.

4. why the quote you wish to find has to be "I have tead matthew, first time I have heard it"?

That's where we find "He shall be a Nazarene"
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Artur
Posts: 719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 9:48:59 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/6/2016 2:38:44 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/6/2016 1:16:26 AM, Artur wrote:
At 11/6/2016 12:57:38 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/5/2016 9:52:57 PM, Artur wrote:
At 11/5/2016 7:03:06 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/3/2016 2:25:33 PM, Artur wrote:
just forward the messianic prophecy you think Jesus fullfilled.

Jesus of new testament did not fullfill any messianic prophecy.


do not cite a link that lists non-prophecies. Explain yourself and come with 1 prophecy only.

He shall be a Nazarene.
I have searched the old testament for such a "prophecy", could not find. Citation please

Who says all prophecy had to be written down in the Old Testament??
as far as I know, no one. why did you ask me this question?

Because it nullifies your question concerning "where in the Old Testament..."
no, it does not and it has nothing to do with the question
Where can I find that in the Old Testament???
why are you asking me ?

See above.
saw the baseless speculation above. still no answrr
Where can I find an early Christian saying "I've read Matthew 2:23, and this is the first time I've ever heard of this prophecy."?
1. why r u asking me?

See above.
saw the baseless assumptipn. still no answrt
2. why early christian saying?

Because if the prophecy never existed, you'd expect to see such a thing.
no, I would not
3. why "christian" saying?prophecies has nothing to do with christians

They would be aware of them.
assumptioj whicy means nothing. (not even goinh to the fact that early christians were well brainwashed by the decieving writers)
4. why the quote yo wish to find has to be "I have tead matthew, first time I have heard it"?


That's where we find "He shall be a Nazarene"
which means nothing. Fake testament has no any credit concerning prophecies.

conclusion:

one more baseless assertion that jesus fullfilled a prophecy remains unexplained and remains baseless mere sentence. next please.

btw, explain and demonstrate how jesus fullfilled the prophecy
"I'm not as soft or as generous a person as I would be if the world hadn't changed me" Bobby Fischer
Bennett91
Posts: 4,199
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 10:01:22 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/5/2016 7:03:06 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/3/2016 2:25:33 PM, Artur wrote:
just forward the messianic prophecy you think Jesus fullfilled.

Jesus of new testament did not fullfill any messianic prophecy.


do not cite a link that lists non-prophecies. Explain yourself and come with 1 prophecy only.

He shall be a Nazarene.

Jesus was born in Bethlehem.
Artur
Posts: 719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 10:05:40 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/6/2016 10:01:22 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 11/5/2016 7:03:06 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/3/2016 2:25:33 PM, Artur wrote:
just forward the messianic prophecy you think Jesus fullfilled.

Jesus of new testament did not fullfill any messianic prophecy.


do not cite a link that lists non-prophecies. Explain yourself and come with 1 prophecy only.

He shall be a Nazarene.

Jesus was born in Bethlehem.
for the sake of objectivity, let us accept being born in X has nothing against being called a nazarene. but our claimant did not (and does not explain) why being a nazarene is a prophecy and how jesus fullfilled it.

There were and are many nazarenes in the world, even if that was the prophecy jesus fullfilled, there are millions (and may be billions) of messiahs.
"I'm not as soft or as generous a person as I would be if the world hadn't changed me" Bobby Fischer
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,006
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 11:12:06 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/6/2016 10:01:22 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 11/5/2016 7:03:06 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/3/2016 2:25:33 PM, Artur wrote:
just forward the messianic prophecy you think Jesus fullfilled.

Jesus of new testament did not fullfill any messianic prophecy.


do not cite a link that lists non-prophecies. Explain yourself and come with 1 prophecy only.

He shall be a Nazarene.

Jesus was born in Bethlehem.

And grew up in Nazareth.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,006
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 11:32:38 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/6/2016 9:48:59 AM, Artur wrote:
At 11/6/2016 2:38:44 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/6/2016 1:16:26 AM, Artur wrote:
At 11/6/2016 12:57:38 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/5/2016 9:52:57 PM, Artur wrote:
At 11/5/2016 7:03:06 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/3/2016 2:25:33 PM, Artur wrote:
just forward the messianic prophecy you think Jesus fullfilled.

Jesus of new testament did not fullfill any messianic prophecy.


do not cite a link that lists non-prophecies. Explain yourself and come with 1 prophecy only.

He shall be a Nazarene.
I have searched the old testament for such a "prophecy", could not find. Citation please

Who says all prophecy had to be written down in the Old Testament??
as far as I know, no one. why did you ask me this question?

Because it nullifies your question concerning "where in the Old Testament..."
no, it does not and it has nothing to do with the question

Sure it does. I'll explain it another way. The answer to your question is "nowhere in the Old Testament"., but that's irrelevant to the question "was there a prophecy concerning the messiah being a Nazarene?" The point is, it doesn't have to have been written down.

Where can I find that in the Old Testament???
why are you asking me ?

See above.
saw the baseless speculation above. still no answrr

See above.

Where can I find an early Christian saying "I've read Matthew 2:23, and this is the first time I've ever heard of this prophecy."?
1. why r u asking me?

See above.
saw the baseless assumptipn. still no answrt

See above.

2. why early christian saying?

Because if the prophecy never existed, you'd expect to see such a thing.
no, I would not

Yes you would, especially since the first Christians were former Jews. To say otherwise only shows oneself to be ignorant on the issue.

3. why "christian" saying?prophecies has nothing to do with christians

They would be aware of them.
assumptioj whicy means nothing. (not even goinh to the fact that early christians were well brainwashed by the decieving writers)

See above. Also, I challenge you to show me any evidence of "brainwashing". Funny how you complain about alleged baseless arguments (that I never offered), but then drop your own baseless claim.

4. why the quote yo wish to find has to be "I have tead matthew, first time I have heard it"?


That's where we find "He shall be a Nazarene"
which means nothing. Fake testament has no any credit concerning prophecies.

Sure it does. It shows that the Jews (Matthew's audience) were aware of this prophecy. Otherwise, he wouldn't have mentioned it.


conclusion:

one more baseless assertion that jesus fullfilled a prophecy remains unexplained and remains baseless mere sentence. next please.


Not baseless, see above. The quote is the evidence.

btw, explain and demonstrate how jesus fullfilled the prophecy

He grew up in Nazareth.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Artur
Posts: 719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 12:35:02 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
just forward the messianic prophecy you think Jesus fullfilled.

Jesus of new testament did not fullfill any messianic prophecy.


do not cite a link that lists non-prophecies. Explain yourself and come with 1 prophecy only.

He shall be a Nazarene.
I have searched the old testament for such a "prophecy", could not find. Citation please

Who says all prophecy had to be written down in the Old Testament??
as far as I know, no one. why did you ask me this question?

Because it nullifies your question concerning "where in the Old Testament..."
no, it does not and it has nothing to do with the question

Sure it does.
sure it does not
I'll explain it another way.
let us see
The answer to your question is "nowhere in the Old Testament".
well done
but that's irrelevant to the question "was there a prophecy concerning the messiah being a Nazarene?" The point is, it doesn't have to have been written down.
may be but how does it have something with my question?
I was asking to explain and demonsytaye and the expectation from oT was just one of the ways a person could have demonstrated
Where can I find that in the Old Testament???
why are you asking me ?

See above.
saw the baseless speculation above. still no answrr

See above.
saw. still nothing
Where can I find an early Christian saying "I've read Matthew 2:23, and this is the first time I've ever heard of this prophecy."?
1. why r u asking me?

See above.
saw the baseless assumptipn. still no answrt

See above.
saw, still nothing
2. why early christian saying?

Because if the prophecy never existed, you'd expect to see such a thing.
no, I would not

Yes you would
no I would not. I do not expect anything related to that book
especially since the first Christians were former Jews. To say otherwise only shows oneself to be ignorant on the issue.
has nothing to do with the point.
3. why "christian" saying?prophecies has nothing to do with christians

They would be aware of them.
assumptioj whicy means nothing. (not even goinh to the fact that early christians were well brainwashed by the decieving writers)

See above. Also, I challenge you to show me any evidence of "brainwashing".
do not change the goal post. first, demonstrate jesus fullfilled a prophecy and demonstrate that there was a prophecy like " he was a nazarene"
Funny how you complain about alleged baseless arguments (that I never offered)
funny how you complain about my astonishinh words in order to shift the burden and and try to put me under the burden
but then drop your own baseless claim.
you may throw as many red herrngs as you wish which I will simply laugh at and keep exposing.
4. why the quote yo wish to find has to be "I have tead matthew, first time I have heard it"?


That's where we find "He shall be a Nazarene"
which means nothing. Fake testament has no any credit concerning prophecies.

Sure it does. It shows that the Jews (Matthew's audience) were aware of this prophecy.
no, it does not. Matthew's auhor could hve just written somrthing like this.
if I write now " 21st century christians were aware of the fact that Jesus was a gigolo bastard" it does not show there was such a fact in 21st century and americans were aware of it if we look back from 25th century.
Otherwise, he wouldn't have mentioned it.
he would have just like any and every alleged prophecy that is in the book alleged to matthew's gospel
conclusion:

one more baseless assertion that jesus fullfilled a prophecy remains unexplained and remains baseless mere sentence. next please.


Not baseless, see above. The quote is the evidence.
is baseless. The quote is not evidence in anyway.
btw, explain and demonstrate how jesus fullfilled the prophecy


He grew up in Nazareth.
Growing up in Nazareth is not a fullfillment of any prophecy.
especially not if there is no suc prophecy and there is no such prophecy. if you claim there is, prove us.
"I'm not as soft or as generous a person as I would be if the world hadn't changed me" Bobby Fischer
Artur
Posts: 719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 12:42:26 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
concluion on djsp5's attempt:

just like any and every christian and just like any and every attempt of christians, one more allegaton of djsp5 that accuses Jesus of fullfiling a prophecy temains baseless accusation. just like any and every christian djsp5 fails to show evidence for the allegation "jesus fullfilled a prophecy". Just like every and christian, he too fails that there is a prophecy like "he shall be a nazarene" or the prophecies that Jesus are accused of fullfilling in the old testsment.

next attempt please.
"I'm not as soft or as generous a person as I would be if the world hadn't changed me" Bobby Fischer
Artur
Posts: 719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 12:45:51 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/6/2016 11:32:38 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/6/2016 9:48:59 AM, Artur wrote:
At 11/6/2016 2:38:44 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/6/2016 1:16:26 AM, Artur wrote:
At 11/6/2016 12:57:38 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/5/2016 9:52:57 PM, Artur wrote:
At 11/5/2016 7:03:06 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/3/2016 2:25:33 PM, Artur wrote:
just forward the messianic prophecy you think Jesus fullfilled.

Jesus of new testament did not fullfill any messianic prophecy.


do not cite a link that lists non-prophecies. Explain yourself and come with 1 prophecy only.

He shall be a Nazarene.
I have searched the old testament for such a "prophecy", could not find. Citation please

Who says all prophecy had to be written down in the Old Testament??
as far as I know, no one. why did you ask me this question?

Because it nullifies your question concerning "where in the Old Testament..."
no, it does not and it has nothing to do with the question

Sure it does. I'll explain it another way. The answer to your question is "nowhere in the Old Testament"., but that's irrelevant to the question "was there a prophecy concerning the messiah being a Nazarene?" The point is, it doesn't have to have been written down.

Where can I find that in the Old Testament???
why are you asking me ?

See above.
saw the baseless speculation above. still no answrr

See above.

Where can I find an early Christian saying "I've read Matthew 2:23, and this is the first time I've ever heard of this prophecy."?
1. why r u asking me?

See above.
saw the baseless assumptipn. still no answrt

See above.

2. why early christian saying?

Because if the prophecy never existed, you'd expect to see such a thing.
no, I would not

Yes you would, especially since the first Christians were former Jews. To say otherwise only shows oneself to be ignorant on the issue.

3. why "christian" saying?prophecies has nothing to do with christians

They would be aware of them.
assumptioj whicy means nothing. (not even goinh to the fact that early christians were well brainwashed by the decieving writers)

See above. Also, I challenge you to show me any evidence of "brainwashing". Funny how you complain about alleged baseless arguments (that I never offered), but then drop your own baseless claim.

4. why the quote yo wish to find has to be "I have tead matthew, first time I have heard it"?


That's where we find "He shall be a Nazarene"
which means nothing. Fake testament has no any credit concerning prophecies.

Sure it does. It shows that the Jews (Matthew's audience) were aware of this prophecy. Otherwise, he wouldn't have mentioned it.


conclusion:

one more baseless assertion that jesus fullfilled a prophecy remains unexplained and remains baseless mere sentence. next please.


Not baseless, see above. The quote is the evidence.

btw, explain and demonstrate how jesus fullfilled the prophecy


He grew up in Nazareth.
with post#18 I exposed and debunked all your accusation about Jesus regarding a prophecy that does not exist.

now, if you claim otherwise I ask you to demonstrate us, to give evidence for your accusation on Jesus with which you accuse him of fullfilling a prophecy that does not exist. Give evidence that such prophecy exists.

so far, concluion on djsp5's attempt:

just like any and every christian and just like any and every attempt of christians, one more allegaton of djsp5 that accuses Jesus of fullfiling a prophecy temains baseless accusation. just like any and every christian djsp5 fails to show evidence for the allegation "jesus fullfilled a prophecy". Just like every and christian, he too fails that there is a prophecy like "he shall be a nazarene" or the prophecies that Jesus are accused of fullfilling in the old testsment.

next attempt please.
"I'm not as soft or as generous a person as I would be if the world hadn't changed me" Bobby Fischer
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 1:04:17 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/6/2016 11:12:06 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/6/2016 10:01:22 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 11/5/2016 7:03:06 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/3/2016 2:25:33 PM, Artur wrote:
just forward the messianic prophecy you think Jesus fullfilled.

Jesus of new testament did not fullfill any messianic prophecy.


do not cite a link that lists non-prophecies. Explain yourself and come with 1 prophecy only.

He shall be a Nazarene.

Jesus was born in Bethlehem.


And grew up in Nazareth.
There is no prophesy that the messiah will be a Nazarene.
Give it up.
And just BTW, archaeologists have discovered that Nazareth wasn't occupied during the alleged lifetime of Jesus.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 1:11:52 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/6/2016 12:57:38 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/5/2016 9:52:57 PM, Artur wrote:
At 11/5/2016 7:03:06 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/3/2016 2:25:33 PM, Artur wrote:
just forward the messianic prophecy you think Jesus fullfilled.

Jesus of new testament did not fullfill any messianic prophecy.


do not cite a link that lists non-prophecies. Explain yourself and come with 1 prophecy only.

He shall be a Nazarene.
I have searched the old testament for such a "prophecy", could not find. Citation please

Who says all prophecy had to be written down in the Old Testament?? Where can I find that in the Old Testament??? Where can I find an early Christian saying "I've read Matthew 2:23, and this is the first time I've ever heard of this prophecy."?
You are aware I hope that Oscar Wilde prophesied that a man called Armstrong would walk on the moon in July 1969. Just because there is no record of that happening doesn't mean it didn't.
And his prophesy was spot on.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Artur
Posts: 719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 1:55:21 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/6/2016 1:11:52 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/6/2016 12:57:38 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/5/2016 9:52:57 PM, Artur wrote:
At 11/5/2016 7:03:06 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/3/2016 2:25:33 PM, Artur wrote:
just forward the messianic prophecy you think Jesus fullfilled.

Jesus of new testament did not fullfill any messianic prophecy.


do not cite a link that lists non-prophecies. Explain yourself and come with 1 prophecy only.

He shall be a Nazarene.
I have searched the old testament for such a "prophecy", could not find. Citation please

Who says all prophecy had to be written down in the Old Testament?? Where can I find that in the Old Testament??? Where can I find an early Christian saying "I've read Matthew 2:23, and this is the first time I've ever heard of this prophecy."?
You are aware I hope that Oscar Wilde prophesied that a man called Armstrong would walk on the moon in July 1969. Just because there is no record of that happening doesn't mean it didn't.
And his prophesy was spot on.
he says "matthew 2:4is evidence for the existence of such a prophecy" and he assumes " jews would have been aware of it"

first of all, Matthew 2:4 can not be evidence because he could have just invented it.
moreover, I guss his line of reasoning assumes "jews would have been aware of such prophecy, if there was no such prophecy they would have objected to it"

it includes too maby assumptions of which "jews (or first christians) did not object to it", with his logic with which he asked me "where can I find early christian saying this is the firsy time we see this prophecy" we can ask him "bring us a testimony, official document of each and every first christian in which they testified that there was such a prophecy and they are aware of it"
"I'm not as soft or as generous a person as I would be if the world hadn't changed me" Bobby Fischer
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,006
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 1:22:22 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/6/2016 12:42:26 PM, Artur wrote:
concluion on djsp5's attempt:

just like any and every christian and just like any and every attempt of christians, one more allegaton of djsp5 that accuses Jesus of fullfiling a prophecy temains baseless accusation. just like any and every christian djsp5 fails to show evidence for the allegation "jesus fullfilled a prophecy". Just like every and christian, he too fails that there is a prophecy like "he shall be a nazarene" or the prophecies that Jesus are accused of fullfilling in the old testsment.

next attempt please.

The Bible says so. That's enough for any other prophecy, so I don't know why you atheists keep moving the goalposts.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,006
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 1:29:29 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/6/2016 1:04:17 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/6/2016 11:12:06 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/6/2016 10:01:22 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 11/5/2016 7:03:06 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/3/2016 2:25:33 PM, Artur wrote:
just forward the messianic prophecy you think Jesus fullfilled.

Jesus of new testament did not fullfill any messianic prophecy.


do not cite a link that lists non-prophecies. Explain yourself and come with 1 prophecy only.

He shall be a Nazarene.

Jesus was born in Bethlehem.


And grew up in Nazareth.
There is no prophesy that the messiah will be a Nazarene.
Give it up.

Sure there is. Matthew wouldn't have written about it if there wasn't. He was writing to a Jewish audience.

And just BTW, archaeologists have discovered that Nazareth wasn't occupied during the alleged lifetime of Jesus.

Ummm.....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

Do you ever get tired of being proven wrong?
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,006
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 1:37:50 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/6/2016 1:11:52 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/6/2016 12:57:38 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/5/2016 9:52:57 PM, Artur wrote:
At 11/5/2016 7:03:06 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/3/2016 2:25:33 PM, Artur wrote:
just forward the messianic prophecy you think Jesus fullfilled.

Jesus of new testament did not fullfill any messianic prophecy.


do not cite a link that lists non-prophecies. Explain yourself and come with 1 prophecy only.

He shall be a Nazarene.
I have searched the old testament for such a "prophecy", could not find. Citation please

Who says all prophecy had to be written down in the Old Testament?? Where can I find that in the Old Testament??? Where can I find an early Christian saying "I've read Matthew 2:23, and this is the first time I've ever heard of this prophecy."?
You are aware I hope that Oscar Wilde prophesied that a man called Armstrong would walk on the moon in July 1969. Just because there is no record of that happening doesn't mean it didn't.
And his prophesy was spot on.

Jewish prophecy was a public revelation. This eliminates your Wilde comparison. Matthew wouldn't write about a false prophecy to a Jewish audience, because he would have known they'd call him out on it.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Artur
Posts: 719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 2:28:58 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/7/2016 1:22:22 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/6/2016 12:42:26 PM, Artur wrote:
concluion on djsp5's attempt:

just like any and every christian and just like any and every attempt of christians, one more allegaton of djsp5 that accuses Jesus of fullfiling a prophecy temains baseless accusation. just like any and every christian djsp5 fails to show evidence for the allegation "jesus fullfilled a prophecy". Just like every and christian, he too fails that there is a prophecy like "he shall be a nazarene" or the prophecies that Jesus are accused of fullfilling in the old testsment.

next attempt please.

The Bible says so. That's enough for any other prophecy so I don't know why you atheists keep moving the goalposts.

who says that is enough for any other prophecy? and why?
if you meant christian bible,which is combination of original testament and fake testamrnt, or no matter which bible you meant that is not enough. and there are many false accusations in the fake testament, they all accuse jesus of fullfilling prophecies that does either not exist or match the prohecy.
"I'm not as soft or as generous a person as I would be if the world hadn't changed me" Bobby Fischer
Artur
Posts: 719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 2:31:20 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/7/2016 1:29:29 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/6/2016 1:04:17 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/6/2016 11:12:06 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/6/2016 10:01:22 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 11/5/2016 7:03:06 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/3/2016 2:25:33 PM, Artur wrote:
just forward the messianic prophecy you think Jesus fullfilled.

Jesus of new testament did not fullfill any messianic prophecy.


do not cite a link that lists non-prophecies. Explain yourself and come with 1 prophecy only.

He shall be a Nazarene.

Jesus was born in Bethlehem.


And grew up in Nazareth.
There is no prophesy that the messiah will be a Nazarene.
Give it up.


Sure there is. Matthew wouldn't have written about it if there wasn't. He was writing to a Jewish audience.
sure there is not and author of scripturr that is misknoen as Matthew' gospel would have written whatever he could have lied with just like every other alleged prophecies of his.

And just BTW, archaeologists have discovered that Nazareth wasn't occupied during the alleged lifetime of Jesus.

Ummm.....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

Do you ever get tired of being proven wrong?
"I'm not as soft or as generous a person as I would be if the world hadn't changed me" Bobby Fischer
Artur
Posts: 719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 2:34:09 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/7/2016 1:37:50 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/6/2016 1:11:52 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/6/2016 12:57:38 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/5/2016 9:52:57 PM, Artur wrote:
At 11/5/2016 7:03:06 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/3/2016 2:25:33 PM, Artur wrote:
just forward the messianic prophecy you think Jesus fullfilled.

Jesus of new testament did not fullfill any messianic prophecy.


do not cite a link that lists non-prophecies. Explain yourself and come with 1 prophecy only.

He shall be a Nazarene.
I have searched the old testament for such a "prophecy", could not find. Citation please

Who says all prophecy had to be written down in the Old Testament?? Where can I find that in the Old Testament??? Where can I find an early Christian saying "I've read Matthew 2:23, and this is the first time I've ever heard of this prophecy."?
You are aware I hope that Oscar Wilde prophesied that a man called Armstrong would walk on the moon in July 1969. Just because there is no record of that happening doesn't mean it didn't.
And his prophesy was spot on.

Jewish prophecy was a public revelation. This eliminates your Wilde comparison. Matthew wouldn't write about a false prophecy to a Jewish audience, because he would have known they'd call him out on it.
author of the scripture Matthew is accused of being author of would have written and wrote about a false prophecy just like every and each accusations of his.

by the way, still no evidence is given for there is a prophecy like "he (the messiah) shall be a nazarene"
"I'm not as soft or as generous a person as I would be if the world hadn't changed me" Bobby Fischer
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 6:20:38 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/7/2016 1:29:29 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/6/2016 1:04:17 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/6/2016 11:12:06 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/6/2016 10:01:22 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 11/5/2016 7:03:06 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/3/2016 2:25:33 PM, Artur wrote:
just forward the messianic prophecy you think Jesus fullfilled.

Jesus of new testament did not fullfill any messianic prophecy.


do not cite a link that lists non-prophecies. Explain yourself and come with 1 prophecy only.

He shall be a Nazarene.

Jesus was born in Bethlehem.


And grew up in Nazareth.
There is no prophesy that the messiah will be a Nazarene.
Give it up.


Sure there is. Matthew wouldn't have written about it if there wasn't. He was writing to a Jewish audience.

And just BTW, archaeologists have discovered that Nazareth wasn't occupied during the alleged lifetime of Jesus.

Ummm.....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

Do you ever get tired of being proven wrong?
I haven't been proven wrong.
Fr. Bagatti uncovered pottery dating from the Middle Bronze Age (2200 to 1500 BC) and ceramics, silos and grinding mills from the Iron Age (1500 to 586 BC) which indicated substantial settlement in the Nazareth basin at that time. However, lack of archaeological evidence for Nazareth from Assyrian, Babylonian, Persian, Hellenistic or Early Roman times, at least in the major excavations between 1955 and 1990, shows that the settlement apparently came to an abrupt end about 720 BC, when the Assyrians destroyed many towns in the area. https://en.wikipedia.org...
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin