Jump to topic:

Would it be wrong...

SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2016 1:31:36 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
Let's say you die right now and go to hell.
Satan makes you an offer, you will be revived, brought back to life, but in exchange you have to spread the word of Satan and you will return to hell.

Would you do this? Why?
Would it be immoral? Why?
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Silly_Billy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2016 1:45:45 AM
At 11/4/2016 1:31:36 AM, SNP1 wrote:
Satan makes you an offer, you will be revived, brought back to life, but in exchange you have to spread the word of Satan and you will return to hell.

Would you do this? Why?

The answer is i wouldn't for one simple reason. I do not belief in God and I do not believe in the Devil, but if the Devil came to me and made me that offer, than I would know that God is real and therefor my choice would have been made.
Skeptical1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2016 1:46:25 AM

Would you do this? Why?

I don't see how accepting this offer would do me any good. How long do I get to spread the "bad news"? 20 years? Eternity - 20 years is still eternity, so once I'm back there, I'm no better off.

No more immoral than spreading the "good news". Sorry, couldn't resist.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2016 10:32:09 AM

Would you do this? Why?

No. Assuming that I was convinced that it really was Satan and I really was in Hell and Hell really was as bad as its reputation then I would be sending more humans to such a place for no great reward except a slight reprieve to my presumed premature death.

It would be immoral because I would be the cause of more suffering than otherwise would be the case.

Is there some point to this scenario?
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2016 11:52:28 AM

Would you do this? Why?

To state the obvious, that would be one hell of a dumb deal.

But I would go along with it. Since it would be obvious that God exists I would, of course, believe in God and go around spreading the word of God.

So, when the Steinway drops on my head, I will go to heaven and live happily ever after.

Wasn't that a lovely fairy tale?