Total Posts:19|Showing Posts:1-19
Jump to topic:

You all are so (insert derogatory adjective)

ReformedPresbyterian72598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2016 6:35:49 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
I don't understand why this all is SO fantastically important to you all. Bickering, fighting, whining, and pushing just seems so wonderfully important to get YOUR view across. Because, well, MY view is more consistent, logical, and practical omg.
Based on your set of beliefs, which are based of ONLY uncertain, unprovable truths(don't gimme that science bs. We all know that the dealio with science is that *nothing has been disproved*), do your minds operate.
Funny thing. You would think that if what you believed was true, you wouldn't have to flippin bite someone's arm off to get them to "convert." Golly, if you have to promote your truth to keep it alive, it's no wonder y'all are grumpy old computer junkies nipping at each other through a keyboard(obviously does not apply to all).

Hope this a good refresher that you're not solving world problems on here. The beginning of those lies within ourselves. Seek to cast the flippin beam from your own eye before addressing the mote in another's.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2016 7:30:30 AM
At 11/8/2016 6:35:49 AM, ReformedPresbyterian72598 wrote:
I don't understand why this all is SO fantastically important to you all. Bickering, fighting, whining, and pushing just seems so wonderfully important to get YOUR view across. Because, well, MY view is more consistent, logical, and practical omg.
Based on your set of beliefs, which are based of ONLY uncertain, unprovable truths(don't gimme that science bs. We all know that the dealio with science is that *nothing has been disproved*), do your minds operate.
Funny thing. You would think that if what you believed was true, you wouldn't have to flippin bite someone's arm off to get them to "convert." Golly, if you have to promote your truth to keep it alive, it's no wonder y'all are grumpy old computer junkies nipping at each other through a keyboard(obviously does not apply to all).

Hope this a good refresher that you're not solving world problems on here. The beginning of those lies within ourselves. Seek to cast the flippin beam from your own eye before addressing the mote in another's.
It's lovely when the children join in and demonstrate the indoctrinated ignorance they call life.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2016 8:01:21 PM

If You are the product of your Reformed Presbyterian beliefs. One can only wonder the raving lunatic you must have been before your church reformed itself.
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 4:40:34 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/8/2016 7:30:30 AM, bulproof wrote:

It's lovely when the children join in and demonstrate the indoctrinated ignorance they call life.

Interesting how the adult seems to revert to Ad hominem to feel better. Not sure how you can convert that into life and be a pleasant person. You've got some chances to behave a little less selfishly and do things for other people, but here you are.
Weird how what you believe gets you so frustrated with others. Just as a general fact, wouldn't knowing what's "correct" help you be a little more patient? You're going to have one heck of a time learning to love people with your current attitude.
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 4:43:04 PM
At 11/8/2016 8:01:21 PM, Harikrish wrote:

If You are the product of your Reformed Presbyterian beliefs. One can only wonder the raving lunatic you must have been before your church reformed itself.

We were unsystematic, but far less so now. Reforming was what made things better, and the theology is systematic.
But however you see it. Raving lunatic? Nah. A questioning non-conformist.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 4:54:17 PM
At 11/16/2016 4:43:04 PM, ReformedPresbyterian72598 wrote:

We were unsystematic, but far less so now. Reforming was what made things better, and the theology is systematic.

Jesus was viewed as a non-conformist blasphemous liar and a lunatic and crucified. Your Reformed Presbyterian woukd have reduced him to a raving lunatic. But then what?!!
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 8:34:05 PM
At 11/16/2016 4:54:17 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Jesus was viewed as a non-conformist blasphemous liar and a lunatic and crucified. Your Reformed Presbyterian woukd have reduced him to a raving lunatic. But then what?!!

C'mon bud.
You are truly suggesting you really don't know squat about theology. Best keep your mouth shut rather than blowing something you don't understand.
I don't even know what the point your trying to make is...
Put your comments through the three sieves of Socrates:
Is what you're going to say
True?
Good?
Or Necessary?

And then is it within proper respect, context, and wisdom?

If none at all, keep your mouth shut, open the ignorant part of your mind, and do some thorough research.
If you wish to know what I believe, Google Reformed Theology. You're welcome
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 9:41:43 PM
At 11/16/2016 8:34:05 PM, ReformedPresbyterian72598 wrote:

C'mon bud.
You are truly suggesting you really don't know squat about theology. Best keep your mouth shut rather than blowing something you don't understand.
True?
Good?
Or Necessary?

If none at all, keep your mouth shut, open the ignorant part of your mind, and do some thorough research.

Reform definition: make changes in (something, typically a social, political, or economic institution or practice) in order to improve it.

Your denomination believes Christian theology and Christian doctrines were wrong and needed to be reformed.
The simple question asked was: Jesus was viewed as a non-conformist blasphemous liar and a lunatic and crucified. Your Reformed Presbyterian woukd have reduced him to a raving lunatic (not a blasphemous liar). But then what?!!

Why Jesus was crucified.
http://www.debate.org...
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 5:09:49 AM
At 11/16/2016 9:41:43 PM, Harikrish wrote:

C'mon bud.
True?
Good?
Or Necessary?

Reform definition: make changes in (something, typically a social, political, or economic institution or practice) in order to improve it.

Your denomination believes Christian theology and Christian doctrines were wrong and needed to be reformed.
The simple question asked was: Jesus was viewed as a non-conformist blasphemous liar and a lunatic and crucified. Your Reformed Presbyterian woukd have reduced him to a raving lunatic (not a blasphemous liar). But then what?!!

Why Jesus was crucified.

http://www.wts.edu...

Christ I believe that God has redeemed His people unto Himself through Jesus Christ our Lord; who, though He was and ever continues to be the eternal Son of God, yet was born of a woman, born under the law, that He might redeem them that are under the law: I believe that He bore the penalty due to my sins in His own body on the tree, and fulfilled in His own person the obedience I owe to the righteousness of God, and now presents me to His Father as His purchased possession, to the praise of the glory of grace forever: wherefore renouncing all merit of my own, I put all my trust only in the blood and righteousness of Jesus Christ my Redeemer.

The Gospel I believe that God requires of me, under the gospel, first of all, that, out of a true sense of my sin and misery and apprehension of His mercy in Christ, I should turn with grief and hatred away from sin and receive and rest upon Jesus Christ alone for salvation: that, so being united to Him, I may receive pardon for my sins and be accepted as righteous in God's sight, only for the righteousness of Christ imputed to me and received by faith alone: and thus only do I believe I may be received into the number and have a right to all the privileges of the sons of God.

Read Romans 8. That shows why Christ died for us.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 5:14:43 AM
At 11/16/2016 4:40:34 PM, ReformedPresbyterian72598 wrote:

Interesting how the adult seems to revert to Ad hominem to feel better. Not sure how you can convert that into life and be a pleasant person. You've got some chances to behave a little less selfishly and do things for other people, but here you are.
Weird how what you believe gets you so frustrated with others. Just as a general fact, wouldn't knowing what's "correct" help you be a little more patient? You're going to have one heck of a time learning to love people with your current attitude.
Is that really how to suck eggs? Come back when you've had a life little child, why do all you godists consider my patronising ridicule to be hate and anger?
Something wrong in the head I think.
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 5:22:50 AM
At 11/17/2016 5:14:43 AM, bulproof wrote:

Is that really how to suck eggs? Come back when you've had a life little child, why do all you godists consider my patronising ridicule to be hate and anger?

In your's yes, and also in mine. Sin is a toxic thing in all of us.
I intend to live life and be prepared for it now. Experience is part of learning, and that is something we face each day for all of our lives. Ain't rocket science. Knowing how to live(code and creed) life can be taught at a young age and taken to heart. Understanding it comes from the example and affection of others, and slowly doing it yourself. I've been blessed in seeing and experiencing that.
If you haven't shown hate and anger, then what is it? What have you shown in how you have used your time on here? I see no profit.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 5:43:59 AM
At 11/17/2016 5:22:50 AM, ReformedPresbyterian72598 wrote:

I intend to live life and be prepared for it now. Experience is part of learning, and that is something we face each day for all of our lives. Ain't rocket science. Knowing how to live(code and creed) life can be taught at a young age and taken to heart. Understanding it comes from the example and affection of others, and slowly doing it yourself. I've been blessed in seeing and experiencing that.
If you haven't shown hate and anger, then what is it? What have you shown in how you have used your time on here? I see no profit.
Patronising, condescending ridicule, because I'v found that godists lack the intellectual integrity required for honest discussion and can't be bothered anymore attempting to engage them in such.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 5:53:20 AM

Well you've been a regular in the religion forum for a good 1 day now.
What do we do next ?
For the rest of the week I shall end my post with . XOXO
XOXO.
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 5:57:16 AM
At 11/17/2016 5:43:59 AM, bulproof wrote:

Patronising, condescending ridicule, because I'v found that godists lack the intellectual integrity required for honest discussion and can't be bothered anymore attempting to engage them in such.

So why are you bothering to do so at all? Why waste time with people that are irresponsibly unacquainted with what they believe? Go and find people that are! Honestly, life is much more pleasant when you can converse with wise men and women instead of children.
Don't engage fools. You will only find foolishness and be under the danger of being looked at as one yourself. Be patient and look for people with the same understanding and teachable spirit. You can learn to love far more easily with someone like that.

That was my original point! Don't waste your time...find people and things that are worth it.
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 5:59:08 AM
At 11/17/2016 5:53:20 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

Well you've been a regular in the religion forum for a good 1 day now.
What do we do next ?
For the rest of the week I shall end my post with . XOXO
XOXO.

Lol. If that makes you feel better and is a step towards you being more appreciative, go for it.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 2:11:09 PM
At 11/17/2016 5:09:49 AM, ReformedPresbyterian72598 wrote:

C'mon bud.
True?
Good?
Or Necessary?

Why Jesus was crucified.

Christ I believe that God has redeemed His people unto Himself through Jesus Christ our Lord; who, though He was and ever continues to be the eternal Son of God, yet was born of a woman, born under the law, that He might redeem them that are under the law: I believe that He bore the penalty due to my sins in His own body on the tree, and fulfilled in His own person the obedience I owe to the righteousness of God, and now presents me to His Father as His purchased possession, to the praise of the glory of grace forever: wherefore renouncing all merit of my own, I put all my trust only in the blood and righteousness of Jesus Christ my Redeemer.

The Gospel I believe that God requires of me, under the gospel, first of all, that, out of a true sense of my sin and misery and apprehension of His mercy in Christ, I should turn with grief and hatred away from sin and receive and rest upon Jesus Christ alone for salvation: that, so being united to Him, I may receive pardon for my sins and be accepted as righteous in God's sight, only for the righteousness of Christ imputed to me and received by faith alone: and thus only do I believe I may be received into the number and have a right to all the privileges of the sons of God.

The Pope leader of billion Christians declared Jesus was a failure of the cross.

"The cross shows us a different way of measuring success. Ours is to plant the seeds. God sees to the fruits of our labors. And if at times our efforts and works seem to fail and not produce fruit, we need to remember that we are followers of Jesus Christ and his life, humanly speaking, ended in failure, the failure of the cross."

Jesus on the cross declared something similar.

Matthew 27:46 About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?").
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 4:15:10 PM
At 11/17/2016 2:11:09 PM, Harikrish wrote:

C'mon bud.
True?
Good?
Or Necessary?

Why Jesus was crucified.

The Pope leader of billion Christians declared Jesus was a failure of the cross.

"The cross shows us a different way of measuring success. Ours is to plant the seeds. God sees to the fruits of our labors. And if at times our efforts and works seem to fail and not produce fruit, we need to remember that we are followers of Jesus Christ and his life, humanly speaking, ended in failure, the failure of the cross."

Matthew 27:46 About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?").

We do not recognize the pope's authority and neither does Scripture.

God's Word is the standard, and we as men and women must meet that and not what people say about it. Applies to the pope.
Matthew 16:23 - But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Something the Catholics miss in their pietistic dogma and blasphemy. They do not follow Scripture; they follow what they want to say about it.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 4:35:54 PM
At 11/17/2016 4:15:10 PM, ReformedPresbyterian72598 wrote:

C'mon bud.
True?
Good?
Or Necessary?

Why Jesus was crucified.

God's Word is the standard, and we as men and women must meet that and not what people say about it. Applies to the pope.
Matthew 16:23 - But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Something the Catholics miss in their pietistic dogma and blasphemy. They do not follow Scripture; they follow what they want to say about it.

The Romans crucified Jesus after mocking, beating and ridiculing him. They not only defied God/Christ/son of God they crucified him. They went on to destroy the temple (house of God) and slaughter the children of Israel. Then they established the Church of Rome called the Roman Catholic Church and put the Pope as its leader. The Roman Catholic Church has over a billion followers. Jesus never left Galilee and lasted just 3 years. Imagine the people rejecting God and sending him packing. The people rejected Jesus and cried out Crucify him! Crucify him! Over a billion Catholics loves the Pope. Get over it.

Deuteronomy 18:20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, is to be put to death."

Jesus was crucified. God tripped over his own commandment. That is why he had to stand by while justice was being carried out. Even Jesus lamented.

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 6:15:17 PM
At 11/17/2016 4:35:54 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 11/17/2016 4:15:10 PM, ReformedPresbyterian72598 wrote:
C'mon bud.
True?
Good?
Or Necessary?

Why Jesus was crucified.

The Romans crucified Jesus after mocking, beating and ridiculing him. They not only defied God/Christ/son of God they crucified him. They went on to destroy the temple (house of God) and slaughter the children of Israel. Then they established the Church of Rome called the Roman Catholic Church and put the Pope as its leader. The Roman Catholic Church has over a billion followers. Jesus never left Galilee and lasted just 3 years. Imagine the people rejecting God and sending him packing. The people rejected Jesus and cried out Crucify him! Crucify him! Over a billion Catholics loves the Pope. Get over it.

Ok yeah, and? This is something the reformers acknowledged...
They saw the corruption of Constantine and Rome in the visible Church and wanted to be things better*(reform).

Deuteronomy 18:20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, is to be put to death."

This passage refers to people like the pope.
Who cares if billions of Catholics like the pope? Since when does popular majority out rule truth?

Jesus was crucified. God tripped over his own commandment. That is why he had to stand by while justice was being carried out. Even Jesus lamented.

Again, what the heck is your point? God didn't trip over His commandment. He fulfilled His promise. He saw to it that justice was carried out on His son so we might be saved and be made righteous through His death. Again, read Romans 8.