Jump to topic:

The elusive 'truth'.

tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 11:49:58 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
We all have different experiences during our lives, and they are what a person makes of them, it doesn't mean they point to the elusive 'truth'." People who are convinced a god does exist have no more credibility than those of us who are non believers. My experience has convinced me the Biblical god is a human creation as it didn't provide any help or comfort when I needed it most, in spite of me pleading with it for assistance Without any evidence to support the existence, or non existence, of a god of any sort, you can only hold on to what seems to make sense to you personally.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 11:58:06 AM
At 11/9/2016 11:49:58 AM, tarantula wrote:
We all have different experiences during our lives, and they are what a person makes of them, it doesn't mean they point to the elusive 'truth'." People who are convinced a god does exist have no more credibility than those of us who are non believers. My experience has convinced me the Biblical god is a human creation as it didn't provide any help or comfort when I needed it most, in spite of me pleading with it for assistance Without any evidence to support the existence, or non existence, of a god of any sort, you can only hold on to what seems to make sense to you personally.

aww diddums just because God didn't answer you when you wanted and how you wanted, he doesn't exist, that is so grown up of you..lol
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 12:19:22 PM
At 11/9/2016 11:58:06 AM, graceofgod wrote:

aww diddums just because God didn't answer you when you wanted and how you wanted, he doesn't exist, that is so grown up of you..lol

And is your none questioning belief it does exist anymore adult?
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 12:24:31 PM
At 11/9/2016 12:19:22 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 11/9/2016 11:58:06 AM, graceofgod wrote:

And is your none questioning belief it does exist anymore adult?

Oh I questioned, ...
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 12:37:44 PM

That's right, personal strength comes from within.
Anyone who needs to think that they can seek it from some metaphorical outside presence is no better off than someone who resorts to a bottle or a pill.
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 2:27:40 PM

Our concepts of "God" still have to align with reality, or they will only lead us into insanity. Asking "God" to bring a dead loved one back to life obviously isn't going to work for us. But asking God to help us accept their loss and live on in joy and peace, will, if I will ask, honestly and earnestly.

Belief in God is a powerful tool. But it only works as well as our definition of "God" will allow. And as well as our practice of that belief enables it to.