Jump to topic:

Can an Atheist be a Freemason?

MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 10:22:47 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
I don't think they can, but what does that mean? It means Freemasons are stupid people because they believe in a fairy monster that lives in the skies, according to all the wisdoms of the atheists in DDO.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 10:31:21 PM
At 11/9/2016 10:22:47 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
I don't think they can, but what does that mean? It means Freemasons are stupid people because they believe in a fairy monster that lives in the skies, according to all the wisdoms of the atheists in DDO.
No, atheists cant be freemasons.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 10:40:20 PM

Are you a freemason?
Skeptical1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 10:52:27 PM

No, they're stupid because of the secret rituals, special handshakes, lofty titles and cloak and dagger stuff that generally entertains seven-year-olds. Is it true that you can pick and choose your fairy monster and your special book according to which country you live in?

Don't mind me, I'm just sore that Masons wont let me into their club. And I really, really want to know what happens at those secret meetings where everyone files in through the back door. I live for that stuff.

No wonder we poor atheists feel so besieged - look at all the people who want to keep us out - churches, masons, rotary, US House of Reps...

Almost enough to make a guy want to convert.
Silly_Billy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 10:59:56 PM
At 11/9/2016 10:52:27 PM, Skeptical1 wrote:

No, they're stupid because of the secret rituals, special handshakes, lofty titles and cloak and dagger stuff that generally entertains seven-year-olds. Is it true that you can pick and choose your fairy monster and your special book according to which country you live in?

Don't mind me, I'm just sore that Masons wont let me into their club. And I really, really want to know what happens at those secret meetings where everyone files in through the back door. I live for that stuff.

No wonder we poor atheists feel so besieged - look at all the people who want to keep us out - churches, masons, rotary, US House of Reps...

The Flying Spaghetti Monster would love to welcome you as one of his followers. All you need is a pirate suit and a sense of humour, no actual faith or grovelling required!
Skeptical1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 11:03:32 PM
At 11/9/2016 10:59:56 PM, Silly_Billy wrote:

The Flying Spaghetti Monster would love to welcome you as one of his followers. All you need is a pirate suit and a sense of humour, no actual faith or grovelling required!

I'm in! Do we get to sing cool songs? Or at least really lame songs that we think are cool?
Silly_Billy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 11:09:46 PM
At 11/9/2016 11:03:32 PM, Skeptical1 wrote:

I'm in! Do we get to sing cool songs? Or at least really lame songs that we think are cool?

Well... its not on the "I'd Really Rather You Didn't" list so i geuss we can sing whatever song we like aslong as the songs do not contradict the following:

1.I'd Really Rather You Didn't Act Like A Sanctimnious, Holier-Than-Thou Arss When Describing My Noodly Goodness. If some people don't believe in me, that's okay. Really. I'm not that vain. Besides, this isn't about them so don't change the subject. OK?

2.I'd Really Rather You Didn't Use My Existence As A Means To Kill, Oppress, Subjugate, Punish, Eviscerate, And/Or, You Know, Be Mean To Others. I don't require sacrifices, and purity is for drinking water; not people.

3.I'd Really Rather You Didn't Judge People For The Way They Look, Or How They Dress, Or The Way They Talk, Or, Well, Just Play Nice, Okay? Oh, and get this in your thick heads: Woman = Person. Man = Person. Samey-Samey. One is not better than the other, unless we're talking about fashion. Then, I'm sorry, but I gave that to women and some guys who know the difference between teal and fuchsia.

4.I'd Really Rather You Didn't Indulge In Conduct That Offends Yourself, Or Your Willing, Consenting Partner Of Legal Age AND Mental Maturity. As for anyone who might object, I think the expression is, " Go f*** yourself good on you," Unless they find that offensive in which case they can turn off the TV for once and go for a walk for a change.

5.I'd Really Rather You Didn't Challenge The Bigoted, Misogynist, Hateful Ideas Of Others On An Empty Stomach. Eat, Then, go after the B******

6.I'd Really Rather You Didn't Build Multimillion-Dollar Churches/ Temples/Mosques/Shrines To My Noodly Goodness When The Money Could Be Better Spent (take your pick) :

1.Ending Poverty,
2.Curing Diseases,
3.Living In Peace, Loving With Passion, And Lowering The Cost Of Cable

. I might be a complex-carbohydrate, omniscient being, But I enjoy the simple things in life. I ought to know. I AM the Creator.

7.I'd Really Rather You Didn't Go Around Telling People I Talk To You. You're not that interesting. Get over yourself. And, I told you to love your fellow man. Can't you take a hint?

8.I'd Really Rather You Didn't Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You If You Are Into, Um, Stuff That Uses A Lot Of Leather/Lubricant/Las Vegas. If the other person is into it, however (Pursuant To #4), then have at it. Take Pictures. But for the love of Mike, wear A CONDOM! Honestly, it's a piece of rubber. If I didn't want it to feel good when you did it, I would have added spikes or something.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 11:41:32 PM
At 11/9/2016 10:40:20 PM, janesix wrote:

Are you a freemason?

Nope. I don't know much about them, other than there appear to be great differences among them. I heard some rumors about them. And I have some questions about them. All few lodges in my neighborhood all have a sign outside that says " free and accepted masons". That's an interesting saying. What are they free from? Why are they accepted? If these are accepted masons, then it appears there might be another type of mason. Maybe you have to be born into a Masonic family. If that is true, then it can't be the only thing true. Given the increasing memberships, it stands to reason they would recruit anyone they deem fit enough. As far as I'm concerned, there are only a few real masons. The rest of the bunch are just posers. I've met some real ones.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 11:48:47 PM

The guy who wrote that book used to be a member on another debating site. I wouldn't be surprised if he also belonged here
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 11:50:40 PM
At 11/9/2016 11:41:32 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Are you a freemason?

Nope. I don't know much about them, other than there appear to be great differences among them. I heard some rumors about them. And I have some questions about them. All few lodges in my neighborhood all have a sign outside that says " free and accepted masons". That's an interesting saying. What are they free from? Why are they accepted? If these are accepted masons, then it appears there might be another type of mason. Maybe you have to be born into a Masonic family. If that is true, then it can't be the only thing true. Given the increasing memberships, it stands to reason they would recruit anyone they deem fit enough. As far as I'm concerned, there are only a few real masons. The rest of the bunch are just posers. I've met some real ones.

Ive heard membership has dramatically decreased since the sixties/ seventies. Where did you hear numbers were increasing?
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 12:00:19 AM
At 11/9/2016 11:50:40 PM, janesix wrote:

Are you a freemason?

Ive heard membership has dramatically decreased since the sixties/ seventies. Where did you hear numbers were increasing?

I didn't exactly. Maybe it just appears like that because of where I live. It's like everyone and their dog is a mason around here. But that doesn't mean they are real masons. To be a real mason takes a real challenge. So goes the rumor I've heard. Because I hear there are all kinds of different masons. If you are not an accepted mason, you could very well still be a mason. It seems there are bloodlines involved within the Masonic brotherhood. Maybe you could be born a mason, but not become accepted as a mason in whatever lodge. I honestly don't know. I'm just putting the pieces together.

But what if the rumor I heard was true. What if there was a circle inside the circle inside the circle? The game within the game, within the game. I think I believe it. I believe it because of the lesser characteristics I've seen displayed amongst the common mason. What if the original masons were in fact the true guardians of the Holy Spirit. What does the Holy Spirit even look like. Do you think it actually exists?
Skeptical1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 12:03:11 AM

OK, I have a serious question.

Why do you think it is that humans have (and seem to have had for as long as recorded history exists) a need for pomp, ceremony and ritual? Obviously, there are the religions, for the majority of which it is their life blood. But it doesn't end there. Worldwide, parliaments, legal systems, and various other organisations - not to mention secret societies - all go for these shows. What is it about humans that leads us to want this?
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 12:03:35 AM
At 11/10/2016 12:00:19 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Are you a freemason?

I didn't exactly. Maybe it just appears like that because of where I live. It's like everyone and their dog is a mason around here. But that doesn't mean they are real masons. To be a real mason takes a real challenge. So goes the rumor I've heard. Because I hear there are all kinds of different masons. If you are not an accepted mason, you could very well still be a mason. It seems there are bloodlines involved within the Masonic brotherhood. Maybe you could be born a mason, but not become accepted as a mason in whatever lodge. I honestly don't know. I'm just putting the pieces together.

But what if the rumor I heard was true. What if there was a circle inside the circle inside the circle? The game within the game, within the game. I think I believe it. I believe it because of the lesser characteristics I've seen displayed amongst the common mason. What if the original masons were in fact the true guardians of the Holy Spirit. What does the Holy Spirit even look like. Do you think it actually exists?

I dont know about holy spirits, but i do know they have esoteric knowledge. At least in the upper levels.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 12:11:14 AM
At 11/10/2016 12:03:11 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:

Why do you think it is that humans have (and seem to have had for as long as recorded history exists) a need for pomp, ceremony and ritual? Obviously, there are the religions, for the majority of which it is their life blood. But it doesn't end there. Worldwide, parliaments, legal systems, and various other organisations - not to mention secret societies - all go for these shows. What is it about humans that leads us to want this?

I suppose it depends on the ritual. I would think some rituals are just for tribute, and others may have something deeper going on inside the act of the ritual. The topic is too broad and I'm hardly an expert on rituals. It's not a good subject for me.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 12:14:09 AM

I dont know, but it might stem from our pattern-seeking nature.
Skeptical1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 12:21:22 AM
At 11/10/2016 12:14:09 AM, janesix wrote:

I dont know, but it might stem from our pattern-seeking nature.

Yes, that's a thought. I find it quite bizarre. Then I thought maybe there's some parallel in the behaviour of certain other animals - for example mating dances and displays of birds. But I think that's just attention getting. That doesn't mostly seem to be the case for us.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 12:23:02 AM
At 11/10/2016 12:03:35 AM, janesix wrote:

Are you a freemason?

I dont know about holy spirits, but i do know they have esoteric knowledge. At least in the upper levels.

There is only one Holy Spirit that was in the question of the rumor I heard. Considering the people I heard it from, considering how I heard the rumor, because I never actual heard the rumor, but considering how I know of this rumor, well it makes you wonder. It makes you wonder about the different forms of communication. All the best knowledge I've received in my life has never come from a book or from a verbal conversation. It's almost like some people can communicate from within some sort of astral existence. The existence of the Holy Spirit as I like to imagine it, would look something like an orb that radiates a bluish/white coloration. It would be a brilliant sight to see and feel. To feel the power of the love of the Holy Spirit, would be like a splash of warm sunshine was giving you a hug. What a beautiful thing.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 12:30:42 AM
At 11/10/2016 12:23:02 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Are you a freemason?

There is only one Holy Spirit that was in the question of the rumor I heard. Considering the people I heard it from, considering how I heard the rumor, because I never actual heard the rumor, but considering how I know of this rumor, well it makes you wonder. It makes you wonder about the different forms of communication. All the best knowledge I've received in my life has never come from a book or from a verbal conversation. It's almost like some people can communicate from within some sort of astral existence. The existence of the Holy Spirit as I like to imagine it, would look something like an orb that radiates a bluish/white coloration. It would be a brilliant sight to see and feel. To feel the power of the love of the Holy Spirit, would be like a splash of warm sunshine was giving you a hug. What a beautiful thing.

Some people can "intuit" information in the universe. Because we are a part of the universe. This is where i get numbers from. Im sure other people with more sensitivity can get other information. But this information is filtered through our subconscious. We then interpret ths information, and come up with different answers. But there are themes that run throughout.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 12:43:03 AM
At 11/10/2016 12:30:42 AM, janesix wrote:

Are you a freemason?

Some people can "intuit" information in the universe. Because we are a part of the universe. This is where i get numbers from. Im sure other people with more sensitivity can get other information. But this information is filtered through our subconscious. We then interpret ths information, and come up with different answers. But there are themes that run throughout.

But you think we are living in a simulated universe, correct? If we are living in a simulated universe, and this universe, as this world, can be harsh, can be mean, it can be outright savage and unfair, but it's still not real. It is like you've said, a simulation. So what does that mean? It could mean that God is too loving. It means, maybe God would never have for a moment put you in jeopardy. Life was just a learning experience. Consider the pilot. The pilot does not learn how to fly an alirliner by first flying. They learn to first fly from within a simulation. Perhaps God has created a simulation for you to learn the pitfalls of life without having to truly go through the actual miseries of mortal life.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 12:57:04 AM
And this raises new questions. If Gods simulated reality is to teach us lessons of hardships, are there people in the business of providing these hardships? If so, are they doing Gods work? Some people say this world cannot exist without good and evil, that they are dependent on each other. Is this dependence the necessity for the lessons we are to experience in life?
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 1:01:09 AM
At 11/10/2016 12:43:03 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Are you a freemason?

But you think we are living in a simulated universe, correct? If we are living in a simulated universe, and this universe, as this world, can be harsh, can be mean, it can be outright savage and unfair, but it's still not real. It is like you've said, a simulation. So what does that mean? It could mean that God is too loving. It means, maybe God would never have for a moment put you in jeopardy. Life was just a learning experience. Consider the pilot. The pilot does not learn how to fly an alirliner by first flying. They learn to first fly from within a simulation. Perhaps God has created a simulation for you to learn the pitfalls of life without having to truly go through the actual miseries of mortal life.

I am not so sure anymore. I had an intuition of something else. An epiphany. I saw everything forming through morphogenetic feilds. Mathematical formations. Evolution of the living universe. A-causal synchronistic formation.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 1:04:09 AM
At 11/10/2016 1:01:09 AM, janesix wrote:

Are you a freemason?

I am not so sure anymore. I had an intuition of something else. An epiphany. I saw everything forming through morphogenetic feilds. Mathematical formations. Evolution of the living universe. A-causal synchronistic formation.

Have you written them down?
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 1:08:33 AM
At 11/10/2016 1:04:09 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Are you a freemason?

No. I used to write everything down. I dont know why i stopped. It is becoming unclear. Im losing it. I know if i stopped taking meds it would come back again. But i dont know if i want to go down the rabbit hole again. It seems to be there is a price to pay for knowledge and i dont know if im willing to pay it.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 1:19:24 AM
At 11/10/2016 1:08:33 AM, janesix wrote:

Are you a freemason?

No. I used to write everything down. I dont know why i stopped. It is becoming unclear. Im losing it. I know if i stopped taking meds it would come back again. But i dont know if i want to go down the rabbit hole again. It seems to be there is a price to pay for knowledge and i dont know if im willing to pay it.

rabbitholes are exciting. You can find anything you want in a rabbithole. You just have to be willing to go there. I never road mine all the way to the end. Or maybe it hasn't ended yet. I think it has. My numbers have changed. 88 is now showing itself frequently. All rabbitholes are different for different people. Mine was about choosing a color, and about a girl or multiple girls, whatever the girl it never mattered to me. I found it insulting.

What happens in your rabbithole?
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 1:25:44 AM
At 11/10/2016 1:19:24 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Are you a freemason?

rabbitholes are exciting. You can find anything you want in a rabbithole. You just have to be willing to go there. I never road mine all the way to the end. Or maybe it hasn't ended yet. I think it has. My numbers have changed. 88 is now showing itself frequently. All rabbitholes are different for different people. Mine was about choosing a color, and about a girl or multiple girls, whatever the girl it never mattered to me. I found it insulting.

Visions. Dreams. Apocalyptic atmosphere. Entities communicating with me. A frenzy of esoteric information. And bad stuff like an entity trying to take control of me. When i refused to play the game it left. At least i think it left. Getting the information is not worth losing control.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 1:35:30 AM
At 11/10/2016 1:25:44 AM, janesix wrote:

Are you a freemason?

Visions. Dreams. Apocalyptic atmosphere. Entities communicating with me. A frenzy of esoteric information. And bad stuff like an entity trying to take control of me. When i refused to play the game it left. At least i think it left. Getting the information is not worth losing control.

I suppose you are right. It's never worth losing control. Sounds like you got some tricksters. It wouldn't be a rabbithole without them. The first trickster I encountered goes by the name Buggs Bunny. I don't know if that is his real name. It's the name I gave him because the frequency of sound needed to invoke him is literally the soundtrack on Looney Tunes. When you increase the vibrations of your pineal gland and listen to the Looney Tunes theme song, he will appear. He can appear as anything. For me he would appear as nothing but a series of flashing colors. Colors can be used to communicate telepathically. He told me a story. He then offered me a tour of the Underworld.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 1:39:16 AM
At 11/10/2016 1:35:30 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Are you a freemason?

I suppose you are right. It's never worth losing control. Sounds like you got some tricksters. It wouldn't be a rabbithole without them. The first trickster I encountered goes by the name Buggs Bunny. I don't know if that is his real name. It's the name I gave him because the frequency of sound needed to invoke him is literally the soundtrack on Looney Tunes. When you increase the vibrations of your pineal gland and listen to the Looney Tunes theme song, he will appear. He can appear as anything. For me he would appear as nothing but a series of flashing colors. Colors can be used to communicate telepathically. He told me a story. He then offered me a tour of the Underworld.
The trickster is in almost every religion/ mythology. I wonder if he is real. Or is he an archetype that lives in our subconscious? Its hard to tell.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 1:46:47 AM
At 11/10/2016 1:39:16 AM, janesix wrote:
At 11/10/2016 1:35:30 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Are you a freemason?

Nope. I don't know much about them, other than there appear to be great differences among them. I heard some rumors about them. And I have some questions about them. All few lodges in my neighborhood all have a sign outside that says " free and accepted masons". That's an interesting saying. What are they free from? Why are they accepted? If these are accepted masons, then it appears there might be another type of mason.

The trickster is in almost every religion/ mythology. I wonder if he is real. Or is he an archetype that lives in our subconscious? Its hard to tell.

Oh they are definitely real. I got my tour of the underworld. And then I was offered a job working in the underworld. It's definitely not your subconscious. If you do not want them to come back, there is something you can do. You must seek out the assistance of something more powerful than these tricksters. You can simply ask for the help of the most powerful of them all. Only this ent
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 1:48:45 AM
The power of the Holy Spirit can vanquish any unwanted annoyance. All you have to do is ask for the help
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 1:52:30 AM
At 11/10/2016 1:48:45 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
The power of the Holy Spirit can vanquish any unwanted annoyance. All you have to do is ask for the help
I did. It took a while for him to go away though. Like two days.