Total Posts:97|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Where is God's power?

dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 3:57:10 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
This is an old challenge but I'll repeat it here and see if anyone can provide me with a valid answer.

Challenge: Name one disease that religion has cured because science could not.
Conditions: The cure must be transferrable, universal, and demonstrable on the entire population.

Go.
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 4:50:32 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/11/2016 3:57:10 PM, dhardage wrote:
This is an old challenge but I'll repeat it here and see if anyone can provide me with a valid answer.

Challenge: Name one disease that religion has cured because science could not.
Conditions: The cure must be transferrable, universal, and demonstrable on the entire population.

Go.

It's a ridiculous argument to compare religion to science. But if you are insisting that religion must become a medical science or gtfo, well check this out playa. Edgar Cayce. What up now fool. The proof is in the library. Do you have a library created after you to record all your humanitarian achievements? I didn't think so.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 4:53:54 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/11/2016 4:50:32 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 11/11/2016 3:57:10 PM, dhardage wrote:
This is an old challenge but I'll repeat it here and see if anyone can provide me with a valid answer.

Challenge: Name one disease that religion has cured because science could not.
Conditions: The cure must be transferrable, universal, and demonstrable on the entire population.

Go.

It's a ridiculous argument to compare religion to science.

You should be telling that to the believers who compare religion to science.

But if you are insisting that religion must become a medical science or gtfo, well check this out playa. Edgar Cayce. What up now fool. The proof is in the library. Do you have a library created after you to record all your humanitarian achievements? I didn't think so.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 4:56:48 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/11/2016 4:50:32 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 11/11/2016 3:57:10 PM, dhardage wrote:
This is an old challenge but I'll repeat it here and see if anyone can provide me with a valid answer.

Challenge: Name one disease that religion has cured because science could not.
Conditions: The cure must be transferrable, universal, and demonstrable on the entire population.

Go.

It's a ridiculous argument to compare religion to science. But if you are insisting that religion must become a medical science or gtfo, well check this out playa. Edgar Cayce. What up now fool. The proof is in the library. Do you have a library created after you to record all your humanitarian achievements? I didn't think so.

Evidence, please, not anecdotes, and the challenge specified a disease cured by religion for the entire population, not singular incidents. Try again.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 5:27:14 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/11/2016 3:57:10 PM, dhardage wrote:
This is an old challenge but I'll repeat it here and see if anyone can provide me with a valid answer.

Challenge: Name one disease that religion has cured because science could not.
Conditions: The cure must be transferrable, universal, and demonstrable on the entire population.

Arianism.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 5:41:28 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/11/2016 5:27:14 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 11/11/2016 3:57:10 PM, dhardage wrote:
This is an old challenge but I'll repeat it here and see if anyone can provide me with a valid answer.

Challenge: Name one disease that religion has cured because science could not.
Conditions: The cure must be transferrable, universal, and demonstrable on the entire population.

Arianism.

Not a disease.
PureX
Posts: 1,515
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 6:24:39 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/11/2016 3:57:10 PM, dhardage wrote:
This is an old challenge but I'll repeat it here and see if anyone can provide me with a valid answer.

Challenge: Name one disease that religion has cured because science could not.
Conditions: The cure must be transferrable, universal, and demonstrable on the entire population.

Go.

What if the purpose of religion is not to cure disease? But something else.

What if religion could cure disease, but is just not being practiced correctly?

Many cures are not "transferable, universal, or demonstrable on the entire population". So why must a religious cure be held to such conditions?

Instead of just picking some task out of the air, at random, and demanding that religion fulfill it, why don't you ask yourself what religion does succeed in doing for people, to help improve the quality of their lives?

Also, what does religion have to do with "God's power"? Religion is not God, and God is not religion. So the power of religion is not a valid consideration.
Casten
Posts: 391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 6:25:38 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
Practical theists believe God acts through science and human achievement. You really shouldn't pay attention to those theists who deny modern medicine and whatnot because they think God is going to literally directly heal them like magic, even if they refuse life saving treatment.
graceofgod
Posts: 5,032
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 6:33:56 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/11/2016 3:57:10 PM, dhardage wrote:
This is an old challenge but I'll repeat it here and see if anyone can provide me with a valid answer.

Challenge: Name one disease that religion has cured because science could not.
Conditions: The cure must be transferrable, universal, and demonstrable on the entire population.

Go.

eternal damnation...
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 6:35:45 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/11/2016 6:24:39 PM, PureX wrote:
At 11/11/2016 3:57:10 PM, dhardage wrote:
This is an old challenge but I'll repeat it here and see if anyone can provide me with a valid answer.

Challenge: Name one disease that religion has cured because science could not.
Conditions: The cure must be transferrable, universal, and demonstrable on the entire population.

Go.

What if the purpose of religion is not to cure disease? But something else.

What if religion could cure disease, but is just not being practiced correctly?

Many cures are not "transferable, universal, or demonstrable on the entire population". So why must a religious cure be held to such conditions?

Instead of just picking some task out of the air, at random, and demanding that religion fulfill it, why don't you ask yourself what religion does succeed in doing for people, to help improve the quality of their lives?

Also, what does religion have to do with "God's power"? Religion is not God, and God is not religion. So the power of religion is not a valid consideration.

In other words, you can't name one. Thanks.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 6:38:15 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/11/2016 6:25:38 PM, Casten wrote:
Practical theists believe God acts through science and human achievement. You really shouldn't pay attention to those theists who deny modern medicine and whatnot because they think God is going to literally directly heal them like magic, even if they refuse life saving treatment.

Unfortunately many theists are not practical and decry science in general. My point here is that science has real effects while religion can provide none. If all Christians believed as you say, there would be no 'faith healing' or 'prayer circles' called on when someone is ill. Children die because parents believe God will cure them if its his will. That is unacceptable.
PureX
Posts: 1,515
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 6:53:44 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/11/2016 6:38:15 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/11/2016 6:25:38 PM, Casten wrote:
Practical theists believe God acts through science and human achievement. You really shouldn't pay attention to those theists who deny modern medicine and whatnot because they think God is going to literally directly heal them like magic, even if they refuse life saving treatment.

Unfortunately many theists are not practical and decry science in general. My point here is that science has real effects while religion can provide none. If all Christians believed as you say, there would be no 'faith healing' or 'prayer circles' called on when someone is ill. Children die because parents believe God will cure them if its his will. That is unacceptable.

Your bias is blinding you.

Most theists are not anti-science. In fact, almost none, are. But you ignore them and focus solely on the few extremists that do deny science, imagining that they represent all the others. That's just dishonest thinking, to the point of slander. Do you really need to be 'right' that badly?
Casten
Posts: 391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 7:15:03 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/11/2016 6:38:15 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/11/2016 6:25:38 PM, Casten wrote:
Practical theists believe God acts through science and human achievement. You really shouldn't pay attention to those theists who deny modern medicine and whatnot because they think God is going to literally directly heal them like magic, even if they refuse life saving treatment.

Unfortunately many theists are not practical and decry science in general. My point here is that science has real effects while religion can provide none. If all Christians believed as you say, there would be no 'faith healing' or 'prayer circles' called on when someone is ill. Children die because parents believe God will cure them if its his will. That is unacceptable.

I agree. I think it's criminal to let a child die for the parents' beliefs. Luckily the theists I live around are paramedics and firefighters and nurses, and appreciate the value of medicine and science.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 8:07:48 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/11/2016 6:33:56 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/11/2016 3:57:10 PM, dhardage wrote:
This is an old challenge but I'll repeat it here and see if anyone can provide me with a valid answer.

Challenge: Name one disease that religion has cured because science could not.
Conditions: The cure must be transferrable, universal, and demonstrable on the entire population.

Go.

eternal damnation...

Not a disease and impossible to demonstrate factually. Try again.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 8:08:20 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/11/2016 7:15:03 PM, Casten wrote:
At 11/11/2016 6:38:15 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/11/2016 6:25:38 PM, Casten wrote:
Practical theists believe God acts through science and human achievement. You really shouldn't pay attention to those theists who deny modern medicine and whatnot because they think God is going to literally directly heal them like magic, even if they refuse life saving treatment.

Unfortunately many theists are not practical and decry science in general. My point here is that science has real effects while religion can provide none. If all Christians believed as you say, there would be no 'faith healing' or 'prayer circles' called on when someone is ill. Children die because parents believe God will cure them if its his will. That is unacceptable.

I agree. I think it's criminal to let a child die for the parents' beliefs. Luckily the theists I live around are paramedics and firefighters and nurses, and appreciate the value of medicine and science.

That is encouraging.
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 8:14:58 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/11/2016 4:56:48 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/11/2016 4:50:32 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 11/11/2016 3:57:10 PM, dhardage wrote:
This is an old challenge but I'll repeat it here and see if anyone can provide me with a valid answer.

Challenge: Name one disease that religion has cured because science could not.
Conditions: The cure must be transferrable, universal, and demonstrable on the entire population.

Go.

It's a ridiculous argument to compare religion to science. But if you are insisting that religion must become a medical science or gtfo, well check this out playa. Edgar Cayce. What up now fool. The proof is in the library. Do you have a library created after you to record all your humanitarian achievements? I didn't think so.

Evidence, please, not anecdotes, and the challenge specified a disease cured by religion for the entire population, not singular incidents. Try again.

Here you go sport. Edgar Cayce is irrefutable evidence for the powers of the metaphysical experience. Quick recap in case you've never heard of him. People would come from all over the world to visit him. He was Christian BTW. That's important to know. Why? Because when he would go into a trance to search the collective consciousness for informations regarding the entire set of knowledge stored in all the brains current and former to medical informations, he would only be able to do so because of his unwillingness to accept payment for his discovered cures. Shall I continue? Or can you do this research on your own?

Why am I the only person around here that knows everything about everything? Edgar Cayce was informed by the high powers that if he used his new found powers for profit, these powers would then be taken from him. His achievements cannot be denied. But I know you'll deny it. Do yourself a favor, before you deny him and everything good in the world, take a minute to fully understand what you are refusing to believe.

Welcome to the helpful world of Edgar Cayce

https://caycelibrary.com...
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 8:18:36 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/11/2016 8:14:58 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 11/11/2016 4:56:48 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/11/2016 4:50:32 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 11/11/2016 3:57:10 PM, dhardage wrote:
This is an old challenge but I'll repeat it here and see if anyone can provide me with a valid answer.

Challenge: Name one disease that religion has cured because science could not.
Conditions: The cure must be transferrable, universal, and demonstrable on the entire population.

Go.

It's a ridiculous argument to compare religion to science. But if you are insisting that religion must become a medical science or gtfo, well check this out playa. Edgar Cayce. What up now fool. The proof is in the library. Do you have a library created after you to record all your humanitarian achievements? I didn't think so.

Evidence, please, not anecdotes, and the challenge specified a disease cured by religion for the entire population, not singular incidents. Try again.

Here you go sport. Edgar Cayce is irrefutable evidence for the powers of the metaphysical experience. Quick recap in case you've never heard of him. People would come from all over the world to visit him. He was Christian BTW. That's important to know. Why? Because when he would go into a trance to search the collective consciousness for informations regarding the entire set of knowledge stored in all the brains current and former to medical informations, he would only be able to do so because of his unwillingness to accept payment for his discovered cures. Shall I continue? Or can you do this research on your own?

Why am I the only person around here that knows everything about everything? Edgar Cayce was informed by the high powers that if he used his new found powers for profit, these powers would then be taken from him. His achievements cannot be denied. But I know you'll deny it. Do yourself a favor, before you deny him and everything good in the world, take a minute to fully understand what you are refusing to believe.

Welcome to the helpful world of Edgar Cayce

https://caycelibrary.com...

He did not stop any particular disease and you still haven't given me one that fits the criteria. I"ve heard of Cayce but still have not seen a fact. Names, Dates, Diagnoses? Something that can be verified by outside sources.
KwLm
Posts: 471
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 8:21:52 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/11/2016 8:14:58 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 11/11/2016 4:56:48 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/11/2016 4:50:32 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 11/11/2016 3:57:10 PM, dhardage wrote:
This is an old challenge but I'll repeat it here and see if anyone can provide me with a valid answer.

Challenge: Name one disease that religion has cured because science could not.
Conditions: The cure must be transferrable, universal, and demonstrable on the entire population.

Go.

It's a ridiculous argument to compare religion to science. But if you are insisting that religion must become a medical science or gtfo, well check this out playa. Edgar Cayce. What up now fool. The proof is in the library. Do you have a library created after you to record all your humanitarian achievements? I didn't think so.

Evidence, please, not anecdotes, and the challenge specified a disease cured by religion for the entire population, not singular incidents. Try again.

Here you go sport. Edgar Cayce is irrefutable evidence for the powers of the metaphysical experience. Quick recap in case you've never heard of him. People would come from all over the world to visit him. He was Christian BTW. That's important to know. Why? Because when he would go into a trance to search the collective consciousness for informations regarding the entire set of knowledge stored in all the brains current and former to medical informations, he would only be able to do so because of his unwillingness to accept payment for his discovered cures. Shall I continue? Or can you do this research on your own?

Why am I the only person around here that knows everything about everything? Edgar Cayce was informed by the high powers that if he used his new found powers for profit, these powers would then be taken from him. His achievements cannot be denied. But I know you'll deny it. Do yourself a favor, before you deny him and everything good in the world, take a minute to fully understand what you are refusing to believe.

Welcome to the helpful world of Edgar Cayce

https://caycelibrary.com...

Seriously, you need to get help and stop being so gullible
12_13
Posts: 1,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 8:30:33 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/11/2016 3:57:10 PM, dhardage wrote:
Where is God's power?... ...:Challenge: Name one disease that religion has cured because science could not....

First I want to say, religion is not God, at least not for me. I have no reason to claim that religion cures anything

Secondly, it is not possible to prove what cures diseases. Even in the case of medicines, the reason for cure can really be something else, people just believe it is the medicine.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 8:33:55 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/11/2016 8:30:33 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 11/11/2016 3:57:10 PM, dhardage wrote:
Where is God's power?... ...:Challenge: Name one disease that religion has cured because science could not....

First I want to say, religion is not God, at least not for me. I have no reason to claim that religion cures anything

Secondly, it is not possible to prove what cures diseases. Even in the case of medicines, the reason for cure can really be something else, people just believe it is the medicine.

You are wrong. There are very specific causes for most diseases and we have very specific cures for many of them. It's demonstrable, repeatable, and very, very well documented. Please stop trying to avoid the question.
Casten
Posts: 391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 8:34:40 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/11/2016 8:14:58 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Why am I the only person around here that knows everything about everything?

Can't breathe. Laughter killing me. Call ambulance.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 8:41:24 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/11/2016 8:14:58 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Welcome to the helpful world of Edgar Cayce

"Cayce declared the Piltdown man to be genuine, claiming he was an Atlantean colonizer who had travelled to Britain. However, the Piltdown man was exposed as a hoax in 1953.

Many say that the evidence for Cayce's powers comes from contemporaneous newspaper articles, affidavits, anecdotes, testimonials, and books. Martin Gardner, for example, wrote that while Cayce's trances did happen, most of the information from his trances was derived from books that Cayce had been reading by authors such as Carl Jung, P. D. Ouspensky, and Helena Blavatsky. Gardner's hypothesis was that the trance readings of Cayce contain, "little bits of information gleaned from here and there in the occult literature, spiced with occasional novelties from Cayce's unconscious." wiki
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 9:14:24 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/11/2016 8:21:52 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 11/11/2016 8:14:58 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 11/11/2016 4:56:48 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/11/2016 4:50:32 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 11/11/2016 3:57:10 PM, dhardage wrote:
This is an old challenge but I'll repeat it here and see if anyone can provide me with a valid answer.

Challenge: Name one disease that religion has cured because science could not.
Conditions: The cure must be transferrable, universal, and demonstrable on the entire population.

Go.

It's a ridiculous argument to compare religion to science. But if you are insisting that religion must become a medical science or gtfo, well check this out playa. Edgar Cayce. What up now fool. The proof is in the library. Do you have a library created after you to record all your humanitarian achievements? I didn't think so.

Evidence, please, not anecdotes, and the challenge specified a disease cured by religion for the entire population, not singular incidents. Try again.

Here you go sport. Edgar Cayce is irrefutable evidence for the powers of the metaphysical experience. Quick recap in case you've never heard of him. People would come from all over the world to visit him. He was Christian BTW. That's important to know. Why? Because when he would go into a trance to search the collective consciousness for informations regarding the entire set of knowledge stored in all the brains current and former to medical informations, he would only be able to do so because of his unwillingness to accept payment for his discovered cures. Shall I continue? Or can you do this research on your own?

Why am I the only person around here that knows everything about everything? Edgar Cayce was informed by the high powers that if he used his new found powers for profit, these powers would then be taken from him. His achievements cannot be denied. But I know you'll deny it. Do yourself a favor, before you deny him and everything good in the world, take a minute to fully understand what you are refusing to believe.

Welcome to the helpful world of Edgar Cayce

https://caycelibrary.com...

Seriously, you need to get help and stop being so gullible

This coming from the guy who thinks a Freemason can be an atheist. Don't you remember? Can you remember reading any one of the 70,000 official documents of actual recordings of Edgar Cayce's transcendent recipes for healing sick people that real doctors could not heal? Maybe it's you the gullible one, kid.
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 9:17:39 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/11/2016 8:34:40 PM, Casten wrote:
At 11/11/2016 8:14:58 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Why am I the only person around here that knows everything about everything?

Can't breathe. Laughter killing me. Call ambulance.

Better call Edgar Cayce. No doctor can help the ignorant. Better get spiritual. Better get Cayce.
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 9:21:09 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/11/2016 8:41:24 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 11/11/2016 8:14:58 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Welcome to the helpful world of Edgar Cayce

"Cayce declared the Piltdown man to be genuine, claiming he was an Atlantean colonizer who had travelled to Britain. However, the Piltdown man was exposed as a hoax in 1953.

Many say that the evidence for Cayce's powers comes from contemporaneous newspaper articles, affidavits, anecdotes, testimonials, and books. Martin Gardner, for example, wrote that while Cayce's trances did happen, most of the information from his trances was derived from books that Cayce had been reading by authors such as Carl Jung, P. D. Ouspensky, and Helena Blavatsky. Gardner's hypothesis was that the trance readings of Cayce contain, "little bits of information gleaned from here and there in the occult literature, spiced with occasional novelties from Cayce's unconscious." wiki

Cayce was practically illerterate. He could barely read, let alone read anything written on the phychodynamics of the PHD of Carl Jung.
janesix
Posts: 3,437
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 9:21:33 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/11/2016 9:17:39 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 11/11/2016 8:34:40 PM, Casten wrote:
At 11/11/2016 8:14:58 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Why am I the only person around here that knows everything about everything?

Can't breathe. Laughter killing me. Call ambulance.

Better call Edgar Cayce. No doctor can help the ignorant. Better get spiritual. Better get Cayce.

You will have to call his reincarnation, David Wilcock.
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 9:40:48 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/11/2016 9:21:33 PM, janesix wrote:
At 11/11/2016 9:17:39 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 11/11/2016 8:34:40 PM, Casten wrote:
At 11/11/2016 8:14:58 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Why am I the only person around here that knows everything about everything?

Can't breathe. Laughter killing me. Call ambulance.

Better call Edgar Cayce. No doctor can help the ignorant. Better get spiritual. Better get Cayce.

You will have to call his reincarnation, David Wilcock.

I don't know who that is other than a suspicion he is no good. And being no good is the reason you would like to associate his character with the character of Cayce. There is no doubt that Cayce helped heal people that doctors could not. And he never did this for money. Cayce was a good man.
graceofgod
Posts: 5,032
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 9:44:09 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/11/2016 8:07:48 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/11/2016 6:33:56 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/11/2016 3:57:10 PM, dhardage wrote:
This is an old challenge but I'll repeat it here and see if anyone can provide me with a valid answer.

Challenge: Name one disease that religion has cured because science could not.
Conditions: The cure must be transferrable, universal, and demonstrable on the entire population.

Go.

eternal damnation...

Not a disease and impossible to demonstrate factually. Try again.

a particular quality or disposition regarded as adversely affecting a person or group of people.

by that definition it is a disease...

it is demonstrable by believers of the past who are now in heaven...
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 9:47:42 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/11/2016 9:21:09 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 11/11/2016 8:41:24 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 11/11/2016 8:14:58 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Welcome to the helpful world of Edgar Cayce

"Cayce declared the Piltdown man to be genuine, claiming he was an Atlantean colonizer who had travelled to Britain. However, the Piltdown man was exposed as a hoax in 1953.

Many say that the evidence for Cayce's powers comes from contemporaneous newspaper articles, affidavits, anecdotes, testimonials, and books. Martin Gardner, for example, wrote that while Cayce's trances did happen, most of the information from his trances was derived from books that Cayce had been reading by authors such as Carl Jung, P. D. Ouspensky, and Helena Blavatsky. Gardner's hypothesis was that the trance readings of Cayce contain, "little bits of information gleaned from here and there in the occult literature, spiced with occasional novelties from Cayce's unconscious." wiki

Cayce was practically illerterate. He could barely read, let alone read anything written on the phychodynamics of the PHD of Carl Jung.

Citations required. Cayce had a grade nine education, was considered the teachers best student and gave over 14000 readings. He read his entire life.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
KwLm
Posts: 471
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 10:07:31 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/11/2016 9:14:24 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 11/11/2016 8:21:52 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 11/11/2016 8:14:58 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 11/11/2016 4:56:48 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/11/2016 4:50:32 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 11/11/2016 3:57:10 PM, dhardage wrote:
This is an old challenge but I'll repeat it here and see if anyone can provide me with a valid answer.

Challenge: Name one disease that religion has cured because science could not.
Conditions: The cure must be transferrable, universal, and demonstrable on the entire population.

Go.

It's a ridiculous argument to compare religion to science. But if you are insisting that religion must become a medical science or gtfo, well check this out playa. Edgar Cayce. What up now fool. The proof is in the library. Do you have a library created after you to record all your humanitarian achievements? I didn't think so.

Evidence, please, not anecdotes, and the challenge specified a disease cured by religion for the entire population, not singular incidents. Try again.

Here you go sport. Edgar Cayce is irrefutable evidence for the powers of the metaphysical experience. Quick recap in case you've never heard of him. People would come from all over the world to visit him. He was Christian BTW. That's important to know. Why? Because when he would go into a trance to search the collective consciousness for informations regarding the entire set of knowledge stored in all the brains current and former to medical informations, he would only be able to do so because of his unwillingness to accept payment for his discovered cures. Shall I continue? Or can you do this research on your own?

Why am I the only person around here that knows everything about everything? Edgar Cayce was informed by the high powers that if he used his new found powers for profit, these powers would then be taken from him. His achievements cannot be denied. But I know you'll deny it. Do yourself a favor, before you deny him and everything good in the world, take a minute to fully understand what you are refusing to believe.

Welcome to the helpful world of Edgar Cayce

https://caycelibrary.com...

Seriously, you need to get help and stop being so gullible

This coming from the guy who thinks a Freemason can be an atheist. Don't you remember? Can you remember reading any one of the 70,000 official documents of actual recordings of Edgar Cayce's transcendent recipes for healing sick people that real doctors could not heal? Maybe it's you the gullible one, kid.

An atheist can indeed be a freemason, it's surprisingly easy to act like an idiotic theist.