Jump to topic:

Link between your IQ and religiosity

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 9:31:47 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
Research suggests a clear link between level of religiosity and intelligence. More intelligent people are more likely to notice flaws in the claims of religions while less intelligent people are more likely to be tricked into thinking whatever religion they are exposed to as a young child is true.

http://www.asanet.org...

Take this 60 question IQ test to find out your IQ! It's accurate to 99.14% based on answers from 621, 000 people. Despite the name of the website I found out after spending the full 48 minutes allowed doing the test you actually have to pay! I felt I nailed the test and after all that thinking couldn't turn down the chance to know my result for 6.50 US dollars. I was delighted to see that I scored 130! A significant increase on my previous paid for internet IQ test taken around a year ago where I scored 122.

https://www.iqtestforfree.net......

Post your results here if you take the test, I would be interested to see what scores members here get, especially those I frequently argue with (who often call me an idiot haha). I expect most people here to have above average IQ scores and it would be interesting to compare the relative intelligence of the theists and non theists who frequently post in this forum.

Also if you have an accurate IQ already it would be interesting to know your score as well as what test you used to determine it.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 9:39:08 PM
At 11/15/2016 9:31:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Research suggests a clear link between level of religiosity and intelligence. More intelligent people are more likely to notice flaws in the claims of religions while less intelligent people are more likely to be tricked into thinking whatever religion they are exposed to as a young child is true.

Take this 60 question IQ test to find out your IQ! It's accurate to 99.14% based on answers from 621, 000 people. Despite the name of the website I found out after spending the full 48 minutes allowed doing the test you actually have to pay! I felt I nailed the test and after all that thinking couldn't turn down the chance to know my result for 6.50 US dollars. I was delighted to see that I scored 130! A significant increase on my previous paid for internet IQ test taken around a year ago where I scored 122.

Post your results here if you take the test, I would be interested to see what scores members here get, especially those I frequently argue with (who often call me an idiot haha). I expect most people here to have above average IQ scores and it would be interesting to compare the relative intelligence of the theists and non theists who frequently post in this forum.

Also if you have an accurate IQ already it would be interesting to know your score as well as what test you used to determine it.

I scored 107 on the raven's matrixes test (Or something like that, I can't remember).
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 9:41:58 PM

Response: That makes no sense. Denying that God exist is the most unintelligent claim imaginable. So it is illogical to say non-religious people are more intellectual when they hold as their belief the most unintelligent claim.
KwLm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 9:45:04 PM

The Irish equivalent is the Mensa testing, took it back in secondary school, had a score of 139
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 9:46:14 PM
At 11/15/2016 9:41:58 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: That makes no sense. Denying that God exist is the most unintelligent claim imaginable. So it is illogical to say non-religious people are more intellectual when they hold as their belief the most unintelligent claim.

Of course it makes no sense to you.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 9:47:21 PM
At 11/15/2016 9:46:14 PM, janesix wrote:

Of course it makes no sense to you.

Response: Of course it makes sense to you.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 9:59:54 PM
At 11/15/2016 9:45:04 PM, KwLm wrote:

The Irish equivalent is the Mensa testing, took it back in secondary school, had a score of 139

That's a very impressive score. It only took 13 minutes for someone to beat me haha!

At least your an atheist which supports my argument in this thread that the non religious are more intelligent.
Would you consider taking the test I linked in the OP?
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 10:03:46 PM
At 11/15/2016 9:39:08 PM, janesix wrote:

I scored 107 on the raven's matrixes test (Or something like that, I can't remember).

Interesting, thanks for posting.

KwLm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 10:12:04 PM
At 11/15/2016 9:59:54 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

That's a very impressive score. It only took 13 minutes for someone to beat me haha!

At least your an atheist which supports my argument in this thread that the non religious are more intelligent.

Ah, now, I wouldn't say I beat you as the marking standard for the Mensa is more than likely different to the one you took, I'd say we'd be quite similar in our way of thinking. I've taken a number of those tests over the years, getting the lowest of 128 to my highest of 142 but I might just take that one too when I get a chance.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 10:13:50 PM

I'm not surprised this makes no sense to you. You probably haven't noticed but you have taken the bait in this thread. You would have looked better just not responding at all as you simply display ignorance and denial of (or perhaps inability to understand) factual information in your post combined with the insistence without evidence a god exists so such a position would indicate intelligence. Why don't you take the IQ test I linked and see if my theory is correct that high levels of religiosity are linked to below average intelligence? I challenge you to prove me wrong.

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 10:26:09 PM
At 11/15/2016 10:12:04 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 11/15/2016 9:59:54 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

Ah, now, I wouldn't say I beat you as the marking standard for the Mensa is more than likely different to the one you took, I'd say we'd be quite similar in our way of thinking. I've taken a number of those tests over the years, getting the lowest of 128 to my highest of 142 but I might just take that one too when I get a chance.

As I stated in the OP I scored 122 in a previous test so I would say your almost certainly the one with the higher IQ. It's important to be mentally sharp and motivated when taking an IQ test. If you fail to fully engage your mind to the questions your score would be a lot lower so if your going to motivate yourself to take one (and pay) it's best pick a good time when your able to use the full potential of your mind. Maybe not doing so due to mitigating circumstances could partly explain your lowest score of 128 as well as the expected variation between different types of tests. I think my mind was operating at it's full potential when I took that test yesterday.

Benshapiro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 10:44:14 PM

Shave some points off of your IQ for getting suckered into paying for a "free" IQ test.

Studies have shown a negative correlation between *IQ* and religiosity, not *intelligence* and religiosity. Let's assume for a moment that "IQ" is synonymous with "level of intelligence." If this is true, someone with an IQ of 100 objectively has a lower level of intelligence than someone with an IQ of 101 does. It's a quantitative measure of your level of intelligence. All we need to do is look to whoever has the highest IQ. 1 billion theists with an IQ of 150 objectively have a lower level of intelligence than one atheist with an IQ of 151 (or so the logic goes). The person who has the highest IQ whose beliefs are currently known is a theist. Therefore, the "relative intelligence" of the theistic position is superior to that of the atheistic position, objectively.

I should note that:

(1) I do not believe "IQ" and "intelligence" is synonymous.

(2) your level of IQ has no bearing on the truth of the proposition "God exists."

(3) bringing up IQ averages in support of the atheistic position is misguided when IQ is quantitative measure and therefore any IQ which is 1 point greater is objectively superior.

(4) Theism is mutually exclusive with religiosity. I myself am a irreligious theist.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 11:10:43 PM
I design IQ test scores and was not surprised to find high score averages among those with less religiosity. It feeds the narrative atheists are more intelligent than religious believers. What surprised me was the correlation between said members with high score averages and very modest stated incomes.
I was incredulous when I compared the high test scores with the low stated earning of these members and much as these tests are not designed to reflect earning potentials. It hardly helps to measure the intelligence of low wave earners and then justify crediting them with high intelligence.
I am sure the converse might be true when looking at the low IQ scores of high wage earners and see in it a correlation associated with religiosity and divine compensation.
No offence intended. Just an observation of IQ test scores gone horribly wrong. I apologize to all those misled by these results.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 2:42:47 AM

Here is all the proof anyone could need.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
imperialchimp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 3:55:04 AM

IQ tests don't ever measure intelligence (well maybe a little).

"More intelligent people are more likely to notice flaws in the claims of religions while less intelligent people are more likely to be tricked into thinking whatever religion they are exposed to as a young child is true. "
this is true though.
Ape Lives Matter (ALM)

What if I were to tell you that humans have false logic? Prepare for confusion.

-.-- --- ..- / ... .... --- ..- .-.. -.. / .... .- ...- . / -. --- - / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . -.. / - .... .. ... .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.-
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 4:06:33 AM
At 11/15/2016 11:10:43 PM, Harikrish wrote:
I design IQ test scores and was not surprised to find high score averages among those with less religiosity. It feeds the narrative atheists are more intelligent than religious believers. What surprised me was the correlation between said members with high score averages and very modest stated incomes.
I was incredulous when I compared the high test scores with the low stated earning of these members and much as these tests are not designed to reflect earning potentials. It hardly helps to measure the intelligence of low wave earners and then justify crediting them with high intelligence.
Yeah, there is something called emotional intelligence that should be considered on the tests. Trump would be a good sample of what emotional intelligence really is.

I am sure the converse might be true when looking at the low IQ scores of high wage earners and see in it a correlation associated with religiosity and divine compensation.
No offence intended. Just an observation of IQ test scores gone horribly wrong. I apologize to all those misled by these results.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 5:30:04 AM
At 11/15/2016 10:13:50 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

I'm not surprised this makes no sense to you. You probably haven't noticed but you have taken the bait in this thread. You would have looked better just not responding at all as you simply display ignorance and denial of (or perhaps inability to understand) factual information in your post combined with the insistence without evidence a god exists so such a position would indicate intelligence. Why don't you take the IQ test I linked and see if my theory is correct that high levels of religiosity are linked to below average intelligence? I challenge you to prove me wrong.

Response: Amusing. I've taken the bait, yet here you are telling us your score with no proof? This is too amusing. As usual, you debunk yourself. This is the problem with deluded atheists. So deluded that in your weak attempts to expose others, you expose yourself. Post your own score!!

Secondly, You do realize that your own test actually PROVES everything I ever stated. Elise Tan Roberts has an IQ of 154, 4 points shy from Albert Einstein...AND SHE'S ONLY 2 YEARS OLD!!!! So according to your logic, you're dumber than a two year old!!!

See how easily you delusion is exposed.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 6:18:43 AM
At 11/16/2016 5:30:04 AM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: Amusing. I've taken the bait, yet here you are telling us your score with no proof? This is too amusing. As usual, you debunk yourself. This is the problem with deluded atheists. So deluded that in your weak attempts to expose others, you expose yourself. Post your own score!!

Secondly, You do realize that your own test actually PROVES everything I ever stated. Elise Tan Roberts has an IQ of 154, 4 points shy from Albert Einstein...AND SHE'S ONLY 2 YEARS OLD!!!! So according to your logic, you're dumber than a two year old!!!

And you prove every time you post that you are dumber than the two year olds turd.
Go you rabid book worshiper.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 10:01:36 AM

If Fati tried taking such a test he would probably answer a question with,"prove that one of the objects is the odd one out".

Or perhaps, "God is the answer".
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 12:42:26 PM
At 11/16/2016 4:06:33 AM, Archaholic wrote:
At 11/15/2016 11:10:43 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Yeah, there is something called emotional intelligence that should be considered on the tests. Trump would be a good sample of what emotional intelligence really is.

Trump beat 16 republican candidates and defeated the denmocratic nominee Hillary. In short he beat both the establishment parties Republucan and Democratic single handedly to win. Now that is what one would call highly intelligent and correlate that with very rich and successful. Test scores that one could take to the bank.

Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 12:58:39 PM

Aside from that study, what makes you think that the IQ test site is legit?

You do a test that says it's free, but find out a small fee is needed in the end. AFTER you have done your work. Not wanting to waste the time, and since the fee is small, you pay....and to your delight, you hear that your IQ is well above average (An answer you want to hear). Sounds like you're just paying to hear a comforting lie (I think you're intelligent, so let's call it a dishonest truth).

I can't find anything about how they've supposedly collected 621,000 people and then measured the accuracy. The whole thing seems like a lie :/
Meh!
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 1:08:44 PM

Come on, Fatihah, resorting to insults is beneath you :/

By the way, she did post her score? Unless you mean something else.

IQ scores are scaled for age if I'm not mistaken.

Meh!
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 1:12:58 PM
At 11/16/2016 6:18:43 AM, bulproof wrote:

And you prove every time you post that you are dumber than the two year olds turd.

"My posts are full of ridicule and pity not hate.
Here's an exercise for you, go through some of my posts and repeat here anything you find is hateful and we can discuss it."

If this is pity, I'd not want to see what hate looks like
Meh!
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 1:21:06 PM

The study you used seems really biased, and has a few other things that look a bit dodgy :/

I would reference this study as it seems a bit more academic: http://m.psr.sagepub.com...
Meh!
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 1:22:46 PM
At 11/16/2016 1:08:44 PM, Axonly wrote:

Come on, Fatihah, resorting to insults is beneath you :/

By the way, she did post her score? Unless you mean something else.

IQ scores are scaled for age if I'm not mistaken.

Response: She said her score. She didn't post it and a 2 year old scored higher than her. So she insulted herself.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 1:48:11 PM
At 11/16/2016 1:12:58 PM, Axonly wrote:
At 11/16/2016 6:18:43 AM, bulproof wrote:

Here's an exercise for you, go through some of my posts and repeat here anything you find is hateful and we can discuss it."

If this is pity, I'd not want to see what hate looks like
Let me see if I've got this right? You are claiming that this:
Is hate. This is your response? Are you really that stupid? Excuse me while my ribs break from laughing.
Oh dear!!!
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 2:56:11 PM
At 11/15/2016 10:44:14 PM, Benshapiro wrote:

Shave some points off of your IQ for getting suckered into paying for a "free" IQ test.

Studies have shown a negative correlation between *IQ* and religiosity, not *intelligence* and religiosity. Let's assume for a moment that "IQ" is synonymous with "level of intelligence." If this is true, someone with an IQ of 100 objectively has a lower level of intelligence than someone with an IQ of 101 does. It's a quantitative measure of your level of intelligence. All we need to do is look to whoever has the highest IQ. 1 billion theists with an IQ of 150 objectively have a lower level of intelligence than one atheist with an IQ of 151 (or so the logic goes). The person who has the highest IQ whose beliefs are currently known is a theist. Therefore, the "relative intelligence" of the theistic position is superior to that of the atheistic position, objectively.

I should note that:

(2) your level of IQ has no bearing on the truth of the proposition "God exists."

(3) bringing up IQ averages in support of the atheistic position is misguided when IQ is quantitative measure and therefore any IQ which is 1 point greater is objectively superior.

(4) Theism is mutually exclusive with religiosity. I myself am a irreligious theist.

Exactly, they have drawn the wrong conclusion from the study, in favor of atheists of course. Not being religious is not synonymous of being atheist.

The most brilliant minds I have ever met consider themselves agnostics or a kind of theists without any affiliation to a church. About the atheists I once met, they were distinguished not precisely by their intelligence but by their religious hatred.

BR
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 4:20:27 PM

I should note that:

You are wrong. IQ by any definition is a measure of intelligence.

"The IQ test consists of a number of tasks measuring various measures of intelligence including short-term memory, analytical thinking, mathematical ability and spatial recognition. Like all IQ tests it does not attempt to measure the amount of information you have learned but rather your capacity to learn."

"The IQ test consists of a number of tasks measuring various measures of intelligence including short-term memory, analytical thinking, mathematical ability and spatial recognition. Like all IQ tests it does not attempt to measure the amount of information you have learned but rather your capacity to learn."

Again you are wrong. Your IQ affects your religiosity as well as your earning capacity.
I gave you real life examples in my post#13

You are repeating yourself. Read post#13. You will start feeling better about your low IQ.

All that means is you lack a belief system associated with God, that you believe in a God in isolation.
In most cases the connection between theism and religion are so strong they are almost inseparable. Simply put you believe in a God without the richness of religion to show your appreciation. Motivation is a strong component of intelligence. Religion provides that motivation which apparently you lack. This lack of motivation would affect your intelligence probably more than your irreligiousuty which I would factor in as the missing third rail to explain your low scores.
Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 4:25:42 PM

I remember back in my Christian days near a college campus actually being told that high intelligence often gets in the way of a person attaining salvation.
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 5:09:48 PM
At 11/16/2016 2:56:11 PM, Archaholic wrote:

I should note that:

Exactly, they have drawn the wrong conclusion from the study, in favor of atheists of course. Not being religious is not synonymous of being atheist.

The most brilliant minds I have ever met consider themselves agnostics or a kind of theists without any affiliation to a church. About the atheists I once met, they were distinguished not precisely by their intelligence but by their religious hatred.

BR

Just because one is intelligent does not mean he is devoid of emotions. Christians don't spend all that time in church to develop intelligence. They do it to strengthen their faith. Atheists don't spend any time in church so one would assume they spend more time developing their intelligence. But what we learn about atheists on DDO is the inordinate amount of time atheists spend venting out their hatred for religion. Which is even more counterproductive and reflected in their low stated incomes.