Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 3:20:49 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/17/2016 3:16:34 PM, bulproof wrote:
That's the question.
Anyone care to answer?

Depending on yours and your family/friends wealth, you'll (your body) have big lavish funeral with a nice shiny coffin lowered softly into the earth to become worm food, thrown in a ditch, cremated or stuffed in a small crate and buried.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 3:47:03 PM
At 11/17/2016 3:20:49 PM, KwLm wrote:
That's the question.
Anyone care to answer?

Depending on yours and your family/friends wealth, you'll (your body) have big lavish funeral with a nice shiny coffin lowered softly into the earth to become worm food, thrown in a ditch, cremated or stuffed in a small crate and buried.

Why is it that I always attract the realists and never the godists with my questions, oh that's right because my questions are always too frightening for godists. The honest answers will gain them a ticket to their mythical hell.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 3:53:29 PM
That's the question.
Anyone care to answer?

Pass.
It's not a question.

I'm guessing that whatever happens to a Muslim happens the me and also to a Christian.
I also believe if a person kills 10 kids, when he dies he will be where the 10 kids are/ or in.
To think something slightly different happens to a certain different type of person. Is nothing short of Rediculous.
Forgive me for saying this but what ever happens to the pope after death , happens to bulproof .

But , but . Of course we can never know the answer.
Actually you could probably use this to your advantage. And " invent something " that promises a life after death. And if you do as the something asks when your alive. The something will have you covered when you die.
People can't be that silly but could they ?
Silly_Billy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 4:33:06 PM
That's the question.
Anyone care to answer?

Sure, after i die i will take a small break from life, see the sights of afterlife and all and perhaps do a little bit of reflecting while i am at it. Once i get bored of Death, i am determined to re-apply for reincarnation and to see what the 23rd century has to offer.
Welfare-Worker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 4:39:25 PM
I believe that in the NT Jesus indicates there is no persistence of personal identity.
He is asked, in the resurrection, who will be the husband to a woman who was married several times.
Jesus replies that in the resurrection she will have no husband, for when the dead rise, they will not be married.
This is a key element of personal identity.
I take this to mean that Jesus advised that Christians should not expect a persistence of personal identity after death.

Mark 12
[18] Then come unto him the Sadducees, which say there is no resurrection; and they asked him, saying,
[19] Master, Moses wrote unto us, If a man's brother die, and leave his wife behind him, and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.
[20] Now there were seven brethren: and the first took a wife, and dying left no seed.
[21] And the second took her, and died, neither left he any seed: and the third likewise.
[22] And the seven had her, and left no seed: last of all the woman died also.
[23] In the resurrection therefore, when they shall rise, whose wife shall she be of them? for the seven had her to wife.
[24] And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?
[25] For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.

In Zen there is a description of how to view our persistence of being.
A candle is lit.
The flame of that candle is used to light another candle.
And another.
And another.
And so on, for one hundred candles.
Is that last flame the same as the first, or different.
That is how it is with our being.

A persistence of being, without a persistence of self.
KwLm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 4:40:32 PM
At 11/17/2016 3:47:03 PM, bulproof wrote:
That's the question.
Anyone care to answer?

Why is it that I always attract the realists and never the godists with my questions, oh that's right because my questions are always too frightening for godists. The honest answers will gain them a ticket to their mythical hell.

Or the moment they say anything about their mythical hell or afterlife, we'll of course ask for proof of knowledge,the bible comes out and kicks chuck norris in the nutz
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 6:35:54 PM
At 11/17/2016 4:33:06 PM, Silly_Billy wrote:
That's the question.
Anyone care to answer?

Sure, after i die i will take a small break from life, see the sights of afterlife and all and perhaps do a little bit of reflecting while i am at it. Once i get bored of Death, i am determined to re-apply for reincarnation and to see what the 23rd century has to offer.
Does that keep the inside of your wet suit warm?
KwLm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 6:53:13 PM
At 11/17/2016 4:39:25 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
I believe that in the NT Jesus indicates there is no persistence of personal identity.
He is asked, in the resurrection, who will be the husband to a woman who was married several times.
Jesus replies that in the resurrection she will have no husband, for when the dead rise, they will not be married.
This is a key element of personal identity.
I take this to mean that Jesus advised that Christians should not expect a persistence of personal identity after death.

Mark 12
[18] Then come unto him the Sadducees, which say there is no resurrection; and they asked him, saying,
[19] Master, Moses wrote unto us, If a man's brother die, and leave his wife behind him, and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.
[20] Now there were seven brethren: and the first took a wife, and dying left no seed.
[21] And the second took her, and died, neither left he any seed: and the third likewise.
[22] And the seven had her, and left no seed: last of all the woman died also.
[23] In the resurrection therefore, when they shall rise, whose wife shall she be of them? for the seven had her to wife.
[24] And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?
[25] For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.

In Zen there is a description of how to view our persistence of being.
A candle is lit.
The flame of that candle is used to light another candle.
And another.
And another.
And so on, for one hundred candles.
Is that last flame the same as the first, or different.
That is how it is with our being.

A persistence of being, without a persistence of self.

Nice story, too bad it's hog-wash
Silly_Billy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 7:01:09 PM
At 11/17/2016 6:35:54 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/17/2016 4:33:06 PM, Silly_Billy wrote:
That's the question.
Anyone care to answer?

Does that keep the inside of your wet suit warm?

I dont think you have a wet suit in death.
WFTL
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 7:32:25 PM
That's the question.
Anyone care to answer?

Your body dies, but your spirit doesn't. I'm referring to after you are declared biologically dead, unable to be revived. Your soul goes to the Hadeam realm, which part of the Hadeam realm is up to you, which is either paradise or a place of torment.

You have a choice to either obey or not in becoming a child of God by immersion and being added to the one and only church on this planet that the saved are added to by God, which is the church of Christ, non instrumental, Romans 16;16, Acts 2;38-47, Mark 16;16.
KwLm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 8:09:50 PM
At 11/17/2016 7:32:25 PM, WFTL wrote:
That's the question.
Anyone care to answer?

Your body dies, but your spirit doesn't. I'm referring to after you are declared biologically dead, unable to be revived. Your soul goes to the Hadeam realm, which part of the Hadeam realm is up to you, which is either paradise or a place of torment.

You have a choice to either obey or not in becoming a child of God by immersion and being added to the one and only church on this planet that the saved are added to by God, which is the church of Christ, non instrumental, Romans 16;16, Acts 2;38-47, Mark 16;16.

ooh, here's the first one, Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, so bub, How do you know it's real?

And I think you mean Hadean, which would be very much hell if you had to be there.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 9:08:30 PM
That's the question.
Anyone care to answer?

Absolute nothingness. is that a word?
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 11:32:15 PM
That's the question.
Anyone care to answer?

I get to live again through another mortal experience... just not here. Possibly try an anime world out... haven't decided yet. You are invited if that is your thing too. We can type to each other there or maybe actually meet.
WFTL
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 11:56:39 PM
At 11/17/2016 8:09:50 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 11/17/2016 7:32:25 PM, WFTL wrote:
That's the question.
Anyone care to answer?

ooh, here's the first one, Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, so bub, How do you know it's real?

And I think you mean Hadean, which would be very much hell if you had to be there.

Are you an atheist by chance? Most people I see correcting someone's spelling is almost always an atheist, not that I'm not thankful, as I am, and have to admit that I have learned quite a lot from atheist correcting my grammar in the past, just saying.
joopy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 2:23:00 AM
That's the question.
Anyone care to answer?

1. Knowledge of what happens after death cannot be scientifically verified. Most people who die don't come back to talk about it; and even the claims of those who are revived and have some recollection of their time being dead can't be verified as they, for obvious reasons, cannot be peer reviewed.
2. Therefore, if you believe no knowledge can be found except through science, there can be no knowledge of what happens after death.
3. However, if you recognise not all knowledge comes through human science, the possibility of knowledge of what happens after death reopens.
4. Some, if not all, knowledge is attained through interactions with other people. For example, my own knowledge that New York exists comes from meeting people who have been there, and can tell me about it. This is not scientific; I take it on faith that the people I talk to are honest and New York is in fact a real place. This principle applies to much of the knowledge we attain throughout our lives; unable to prove it to ourselves, we consider the likelihood of the person who tells us about it being honest, and then choose to believe their statements or not.
5. In order to attain knowledge of life after death, we must communicate with someone or something who has this knowledge.
6. The only being who could possibly have intimate knowledge of what happens after death, and could be willing to communicate this accurately to us is God.
7. Knowledge of life after death can therefore come through communication with God firsthand, or through communication with someone who has communicated with God (secondhand), and so on to third, fourth, fifthhand etc. Naturally, the principle of "Telephone" applies; the more times information is copied, the higher the likelihood of an error.
8. Therefore, knowledge of life after death must come through religion. Judging by your signature at the base of your posts, you're not going to be very open to this concept, but to conclude, the only knowledge of life after death that the human race has available to it comes from various religions.
9. Furthermore, because various religions differ on their portrayal of life after death, some must be more accurate than others.
10. The person seeking knowledge of life after death must therefore consider which religion is most likely to be honest about what it is teaching.
11. If you want the question that serves as the title of this forum answered, find yourself a religion.
All blessings,
Joopy
I don't rant, I debate
imperialchimp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 5:46:11 AM
That's the question.
Anyone care to answer?

More than likely, you'll be in a dreamless sleep forever. So no heaven, just complete and eternal unconsciousness.

Or possibly you may meet the ape god Semos...
Ape Lives Matter (ALM)

What if I were to tell you that humans have false logic? Prepare for confusion.

-.-- --- ..- / ... .... --- ..- .-.. -.. / .... .- ...- . / -. --- - / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . -.. / - .... .. ... .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.-

Don't waste your time trying to find truth...you pleb!
imperialchimp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 5:50:04 AM
That's the question.
Anyone care to answer?

or mummified
Ape Lives Matter (ALM)

What if I were to tell you that humans have false logic? Prepare for confusion.

-.-- --- ..- / ... .... --- ..- .-.. -.. / .... .- ...- . / -. --- - / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . -.. / - .... .. ... .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.-

Don't waste your time trying to find truth...you pleb!
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 2:05:12 PM
At 11/18/2016 2:23:00 AM, joopy wrote:
That's the question.
Anyone care to answer?

1. Knowledge of what happens after death cannot be scientifically verified. Most people who die don't come back to talk about it; and even the claims of those who are revived and have some recollection of their time being dead can't be verified as they, for obvious reasons, cannot be peer reviewed.
2. Therefore, if you believe no knowledge can be found except through science, there can be no knowledge of what happens after death.
3. However, if you recognise not all knowledge comes through human science, the possibility of knowledge of what happens after death reopens.
4. Some, if not all, knowledge is attained through interactions with other people. For example, my own knowledge that New York exists comes from meeting people who have been there, and can tell me about it. This is not scientific; I take it on faith that the people I talk to are honest and New York is in fact a real place. This principle applies to much of the knowledge we attain throughout our lives; unable to prove it to ourselves, we consider the likelihood of the person who tells us about it being honest, and then choose to believe their statements or not.
5. In order to attain knowledge of life after death, we must communicate with someone or something who has this knowledge.
6. The only being who could possibly have intimate knowledge of what happens after death, and could be willing to communicate this accurately to us is God.
7. Knowledge of life after death can therefore come through communication with God firsthand, or through communication with someone who has communicated with God (secondhand), and so on to third, fourth, fifthhand etc. Naturally, the principle of "Telephone" applies; the more times information is copied, the higher the likelihood of an error.
8. Therefore, knowledge of life after death must come through religion. Judging by your signature at the base of your posts, you're not going to be very open to this concept, but to conclude, the only knowledge of life after death that the human race has available to it comes from various religions.
9. Furthermore, because various religions differ on their portrayal of life after death, some must be more accurate than others.
10. The person seeking knowledge of life after death must therefore consider which religion is most likely to be honest about what it is teaching.
11. If you want the question that serves as the title of this forum answered, find yourself a religion.
All blessings,
Joopy
Way back in the time of human existence, when humans were living in caves and being afraid of all of the much bigger and more dangerous predators, humans had no idea why they ceased to be, especially why their offspring ceased to be. It was a painful conundrum to them.
It was the women who developed an explanation, because the women were devastated by the loss of their offspring. They needed a belief that they would eventually reunite with their babies and so they invented one, an afterlife where they could hold their loved ones again, it was a comfort to them when they or their cavemate lost an offspring.
It is even to this day, it's just that 21st century cavewomen don't understand where their beliefs originate.
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 2:11:38 PM
That's the question.
Anyone care to answer?

My body can be used for medical science or fed to animals in the zoo, for all I care. I have no wish for a funeral or wake.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 2:23:06 PM
At 11/18/2016 2:11:38 PM, tarantula wrote:
That's the question.
Anyone care to answer?

My body can be used for medical science or fed to animals in the zoo, for all I care. I have no wish for a funeral or wake.
Go you good thing!
joopy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 8:15:14 PM
At 11/18/2016 2:05:12 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/18/2016 2:23:00 AM, joopy wrote:
That's the question.
Anyone care to answer?

All blessings,
Joopy
Way back in the time of human existence, when humans were living in caves and being afraid of all of the much bigger and more dangerous predators, humans had no idea why they ceased to be, especially why their offspring ceased to be. It was a painful conundrum to them.
It was the women who developed an explanation, because the women were devastated by the loss of their offspring. They needed a belief that they would eventually reunite with their babies and so they invented one, an afterlife where they could hold their loved ones again, it was a comfort to them when they or their cavemate lost an offspring.
It is even to this day, it's just that 21st century cavewomen don't understand where their beliefs originate.
Righto, but you can't just make a whole load of statements and then fail to back them up with evidence. You've made a passable theory about how religions form and the accuracy of their teachings, but you've provided absolutely no evidence to support your theory. I thought it was religious folk who were supposed to believe in things without evidence?
Secondly, if you genuinely want your question about life after death answered, religions are the ONLY source of knowledge about it. As I described above, the only type of being that could possibly have this knowledge about what happens after death is a God, or some other supernatural being. This is regardless of whether they are in fact real or not; there is no other type of being, real or imagined, that could possibly be able to share this knowledge. Therefore, it is only the people who may have communicated with this kind of being that could possibly have this knowledge. Because God has yet to be proven or disproven, there is some chance that some religion could have an accurate point of view on this subject.
Thirdly, even if God isn't real, what right do you have to be condescending to religious folk? Even if God and the afterlife is a figment of the imagination, if that helps people to deal with the pain of loss, or gives them comfort in their final hours, what right to you have to criticise this? By and large, these beliefs do not harm other people; in many cases religion inspires its followers to do good. I therefore think that anyone who sets out to judge people based purely on their beliefs, rather than their words or actions is acting immorally.
In any case, bless you.
Joopy
I don't rant, I debate