How We Got The Books of The New Testament

Jonathan1976
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2016 3:57:49 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
How We Got The Books of the New Testament

Now modern scholars such as Bart Ehrman, James White and Daniel Wallace has offered views
on this very subject, not to mention the current prevailing worldview that has come in over the last 300 years.

Despite prevailing views, we have witness testimony from Ireneaus of Lyons and Tertullian of Carthage on the criterion used by the apostolic churches in determining what was counted as the canonical books of the New Testament, and how the apostolic churches ensured the safeguarding of the scriptures.

Remember both these second century witnesses were responding to the claims of the gnostics who were introducing claims of a secret teaching, and apocrphal writings that were not received of the apostolic churches

I have created two short 3-5 minutes videos (you love the custom artwork) that forms the basis of my argument.

https://www.youtube.com...

Please share your thoughts. Thank you

Jonathan
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2016 4:10:44 PM
At 11/19/2016 3:57:49 PM, Jonathan1976 wrote:

Now modern scholars such as Bart Ehrman, James White and Daniel Wallace has offered views
on this very subject, not to mention the current prevailing worldview that has come in over the last 300 years.

Despite prevailing views, we have witness testimony from Ireneaus of Lyons and Tertullian of Carthage on the criterion used by the apostolic churches in determining what was counted as the canonical books of the New Testament, and how the apostolic churches ensured the safeguarding of the scriptures.

Remember both these second century witnesses were responding to the claims of the gnostics who were introducing claims of a secret teaching, and apocrphal writings that were not received of the apostolic churches

I have created two short 3-5 minutes videos (you love the custom artwork) that forms the basis of my argument.

Jonathan

Read the Quran, it was given to Jesus by Allah.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Jonathan1976
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2016 4:14:29 PM

Jonathan

Bulproof
It only missed Jesus by 600 years, so I think it was a little late.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2016 4:29:49 PM
At 11/19/2016 4:14:29 PM, Jonathan1976 wrote:

Jonathan

Bulproof
It only missed Jesus by 600 years, so I think it was a little late.
You need to read the book.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 2:06:24 AM

What is "witness testimony" and why should people with a vested interest in pushing their views be trusted to be truthful?

Jonathan

We should trust the same Irenaeus who fictionalised accounts of of Jesus?

"The Thirty aeons are not typified by the fact that Christ was baptized in his 30th year: He did not suffer in the twelfth month after his baptism, but was more than fifty years old when he died."
--- Against Heresies, II, 22.

Irenaeus tells us that Jesus's public ministry continued at least 10 years, and that he was seen alive in Asia, with his disciple John and others, up to the time of the Emperor Trajan.

"From the 40th and 50th year a man begins to decline towards old age, which our Lord possessed while He still fulfilled the office of a Teacher, even as the Gospel and all the elders testify; those who were conversant in Asia with John, the disciple of the Lord, affirming that John conveyed to them that information. And he remained among them up to the times of Trajan."

Trajan's reign began in 98 AD, by which time Jesus would have already been just over 100 years old! Thus according to the venerated saint Irenaeus, Jesus was crucified as a very old man! Some variants of the story even suggest an age of 120!

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com...

Not a very reliable "witness" you have there. He makes a liar out of Paul who never met a human Jesus, only having a vision of a resurrected JC.
Artur
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 2:20:29 AM

Despite prevailing views, we have witness testimony from Ireneaus of Lyons
Irenaous is predicted to be born in 120 which means:
127~ years after Jesus birth
87~ years after Jesus' death

let us say he was able to recognise right and wrong at 5 years old and was intelligent enough to be withess at 5. Then to count him as valid witness requires us to believe that the gospels are written at least in 125 which means 92~ years after the death of Jesus.

it is almost like I write a book about a soldier that died in world war 2 and my account is valid now?

and Tertullian of Carthage on the criterion used by the apostolic churches in determining what was counted as the canonical books of the New Testament, and how the apostolic churches ensured the safeguarding of the scriptures.

Remember both these second century witnesses
witness? if he is a witness in anyway, you and I are witnesses to the world war 1 events. are you?
were responding to the claims of the gnostics who were introducing claims of a secret teaching, and apocrphal writings that were not received of the apostolic churches

"I'm not as soft or as generous a person as I would be if the world hadn't changed me" Bobby Fischer