Jump to topic:

What is the Ultimate Fate of Humanity?

Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 6:08:35 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
It seems God has a habit of resetting the playing field when it comes to humanity and its failures.

God created Adam and Eve, perfect and ready to fulfill God's plan. They ate the apple and where kicked out.

Fast forward, the children of Adam and Eve are great sinners prompting God to enact the Flood wiping out all sin sparing the righteous family of Noah.

Eventually under Moses the Jews find the correct path and establish themselves. Only later to be shown false by the coming of Jesus.

I won't even bother bringing up the supposed final prophet Muhammad.

Today Sin is rampant, it seems neither the flood nor the sacrifice of Jesus cleansed away our sins. It seems as long as humanity persists so will sin.

As we know the end of the Bible is Revelations, the final war of good and evil.

So tell me, given this time line what is the point of humanity in God's eyes given its fate?
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 6:24:05 AM
At 11/20/2016 6:08:35 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
It seems God has a habit of resetting the playing field when it comes to humanity and its failures.

God created Adam and Eve, perfect and ready to fulfill God's plan. They ate the apple and where kicked out.

Fast forward, the children of Adam and Eve are great sinners prompting God to enact the Flood wiping out all sin sparing the righteous family of Noah.

Eventually under Moses the Jews find the correct path and establish themselves. Only later to be shown false by the coming of Jesus.

Today Sin is rampant, it seems neither the flood nor the sacrifice of Jesus cleansed away our sins. It seems as long as humanity persists so will sin.

So tell me, given this time line what is the point of humanity in God's eyes given its fate?

Nice question.
We're like a TV show for God.
A class experiment. Like SeaMonkeys , you can get a packet of Adam and Eve's , just water them every so often.
Osmium
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 6:53:25 AM

Why would God need to hit the reset button or play field if God made a perfect universe to begin with?

How do we even know that's what really happened? I'm guessing that Eve didn't keep a diary. And of they were perfect why would God kick them to the curb? They wouldn't have messed up to start with had they been perfect. No serpent could have tricked a perfect person.

How did perfect Adam and Eve make corrupt children? And how long after this happened was it actually recorded as history?

Why not?

The execution of Jesus was very political. People still do terrible things even after his sacrifice. How could his death be connected to the "sins" of humanity other than the fact he was snuffed because he posed a threat to the establishment in power?

Fortune telling is slippery business. Untrustworthy.

Given this timeline, there is no telling. There is no telling the future, period. Humanity will continue until it ends and no one knows when that will be.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 7:13:59 AM
At 11/20/2016 6:53:25 AM, Osmium wrote:

I can tell you're not a Christian. But the Peacocks eye, it haunts me. Who are you?
Osmium
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 7:42:19 AM
At 11/20/2016 7:13:59 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

I can tell you're not a Christian. But the Peacocks eye, it haunts me. Who are you?

Who am I? Bold question. It took less time for that to come up than I thought it would.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 8:00:42 AM
At 11/20/2016 7:42:19 AM, Osmium wrote:

Who am I? Bold question. It took less time for that to come up than I thought it would.

Your profile is new and says nothing about you.
I started the thread as an older member quick with splendor toward arguments past
but nothing will alast.

The eye it haunts me
An idiot savant, it ought be
me
The thousand eye of truth it could be
should be
is you?
No.
It isn't.
Skeptical1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 8:05:18 AM
At 11/20/2016 8:00:42 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

I started the thread as an older member quick with splendor toward arguments past
but nothing will alast.

The eye it haunts me
me
should be
is you?
No.
It isn't.

The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy him forever. - Shorter Catechism, Q1.

I know, I can't think of anything more tiresome or boring either.
Osmium
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 8:22:44 AM

but nothing will alast.

The eye it haunts me
me
should be
is you?
No.
It isn't.

Maybe I'll fill out my profile one day. There isn't a rule that I have to is there? I'm too honest. Past is past.

I'm not sure why they wouldn't comment. Perhaps you should start the thread with "only high IQ can answer this". That seems to be the theme these days. When did that happen?
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 8:45:21 AM
At 11/20/2016 8:22:44 AM, Osmium wrote:

but nothing will alast.

The eye it haunts me
me
should be
is you?
No.
It isn't.

Maybe I'll fill out my profile one day. There isn't a rule that I have to is there? I'm too honest. Past is past.

There's no rules, only time can reveal what there's to be filled. But being so new, you have room to make yourself noticeable.

I'm not sure why they wouldn't comment. Perhaps you should start the thread with "only high IQ can answer this". That seems to be the theme these days. When did that happen?

Ha. I can't say you're not funny. I hope the theme of my OP isn't in line with what you see as common.
Skeptical1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 8:56:37 AM

but nothing will alast.

The eye it haunts me
me
should be
is you?
No.
It isn't.

Yes, I'm afraid you must (fill out your profile). There are people here who find it deeply offensive that you shouldn't put all your deepest, darkest secrets out there for all to know. In fact, they even started a thread about it, it's that important. Check out "My thoughts on members".
Osmium
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 5:43:16 PM
At 11/20/2016 8:56:37 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:

but nothing will alast.

The eye it haunts me
me
should be
is you?
No.
It isn't.

Yes, I'm afraid you must (fill out your profile). There are people here who find it deeply offensive that you shouldn't put all your deepest, darkest secrets out there for all to know. In fact, they even started a thread about it, it's that important. Check out "My thoughts on members".

Yes. I saw that thread. I'm not worried about what he thinks.
Osmium
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 5:48:35 PM
At 11/20/2016 8:45:21 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

but nothing will alast.

The eye it haunts me
me
should be
is you?
No.
It isn't.

There's no rules, only time can reveal what there's to be filled. But being so new, you have room to make yourself noticeable.

Ha. I can't say you're not funny. I hope the theme of my OP isn't in line with what you see as common.

No, not common at all and it's a legitimate question.
Dirty.Harry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 5:59:36 PM

Nowhere in Genesis or the Bible does it state that God created mankind as "perfect".

This is because the time has not yet arrived when God will judge mankind as even a cursory reading of scripture will attest (whether one believes it or not).

For sentient beings with free will to live in peace and harmony and thus happiness and joyful existence. The Bible shows how despite God physically intervening even with miracles and other acts, mankind has habitually chosen his own path, his own ideas of what is good and bad, right and wrong.

So long as mankind makes up his own rules we will have what we see, misery and turmoil, decay, violence, brutality and death.

This is why God must rescue us, we must be rescued from ourselves, our way is doomed, had Adam and Eve listened to God back in Eden they could have received from the tree of life (eternal life) but they CHOSE not to, they had free will and refused to listen or consider God's directions just as the human race is doing today.
Silly_Billy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 6:12:01 PM
At 11/20/2016 5:59:36 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:

Nowhere in Genesis or the Bible does it state that God created mankind as "perfect".

This is because the time has not yet arrived when God will judge mankind as even a cursory reading of scripture will attest (whether one believes it or not).

For sentient beings with free will to live in peace and harmony and thus happiness and joyful existence. The Bible shows how despite God physically intervening even with miracles and other acts, mankind has habitually chosen his own path, his own ideas of what is good and bad, right and wrong.

So long as mankind makes up his own rules we will have what we see, misery and turmoil, decay, violence, brutality and death.

This is why God must rescue us, we must be rescued from ourselves, our way is doomed, had Adam and Eve listened to God back in Eden they could have received from the tree of life (eternal life) but they CHOSE not to, they had free will and refused to listen or consider God's directions just as the human race is doing today.

I BLAME THE PARENTS!!! O wait, that's God.
missmedic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 6:13:49 PM

Given man's relentless technological progress and the advent of artificial intelligence, we will in fact create a real God.

https://www.ted.com...
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 7:30:16 PM
At 11/20/2016 6:13:49 PM, missmedic wrote:

Given man's relentless technological progress and the advent of artificial intelligence, we will in fact create a real God.

A monkey could be considered a god, if that monkey were standing next to you. And I would be the God of that monkey. God creating gods, the gods creating me, me creating the monkey, and the monkey feeds you bananas. The banana could probably be the god of you since both are literally indistinguishable. But we'll have to draw the line somewhere to find yourself a place within this world that you believe could never have been created by another world.

https://www.ted.com...
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 8:08:57 PM

By what the Bible tells, the point of this life seems to be that we have chance to learn what good and evil really means. And then those, who love more good than evil and become righteous, have chance to get eternal life as a gift.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 7:54:42 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/20/2016 5:59:36 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:

Made in his own image.

Habitually, almost as if designed.

Pretty sure religion has had it's fair share of death. Oh I know I know not really Christians etc etc.

So God created us to save us. That doesn't really make sense. Had Adam and Eve listened to God then they wouldn't need saving. Again it's as if God created us knowing that we'd stray - knowing Adam and Eve would disobey. And God created these disobedient creatures.

Also, being told to be fruitful and multiple when you're immortal doesn't really make sense because you'll have an immortal population exponentially expanding. What would be the point of that?
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 8:50:12 AM

God's ultimate goal has never changed, he wants people to chose to be with him...
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 8:55:36 AM
At 11/23/2016 8:50:12 AM, graceofgod wrote:

God's ultimate goal has never changed, he wants people to chose to be with him...

Despite the obvious contradiction that he knowingly designed us to reject him - why does he want us to be with him? Why separate humanity in the first place?
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 5:12:22 PM
At 11/23/2016 8:55:36 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

Despite the obvious contradiction that he knowingly designed us to reject him - why does he want us to be with him? Why separate humanity in the first place?

he did not make us to reject him he made us with a choice...
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 11:37:51 PM
At 11/23/2016 5:12:22 PM, graceofgod wrote:

If a watchmaker makes a watch and it tells time - does that mean the watch was designed to tell time?
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2016 4:59:26 PM
At 11/23/2016 11:37:51 PM, Bennett91 wrote:

If a watchmaker makes a watch and it tells time - does that mean the watch was designed to tell time?

lol the watch is not sentient, it is merely a tool designed for a single purpose, clearly humans are not...
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2016 8:18:43 PM

This is a different question that the title so I will answer both.

Point of humans: To know, love, and serve God in this world and the next.

Fate of humans: Death, Judgement, Heaven or Hell.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2016 11:15:46 PM
At 11/25/2016 8:18:43 PM, Geogeer wrote:

Point of humans: pass.
That's a good question hey ?

Fate of humans : I'm not sure.
Wow 2 great questions .
If I believed in God I could probably answer both .
BUT I don't believe . And these two questions are annoying me .
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2016 11:59:03 PM
At 11/25/2016 11:15:46 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

Point of humans: pass.
That's a good question hey ?

Fate of humans : I'm not sure.
Wow 2 great questions .
If I believed in God I could probably answer both .
BUT I don't believe . And these two questions are annoying me .

If there is no God there is no point and the fate is nothingness.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2016 1:26:47 AM
At 11/25/2016 4:59:26 PM, graceofgod wrote:

lol the watch is not sentient, it is merely a tool designed for a single purpose, clearly humans are not...

What makes that so clear? What is the purpose of humanity?

You said it was "He wants people to chose to be with him..."

That seems like a singular purpose. But he designed us, yet many seem to reject him, roughly 5.5 billion people have chosen a different path. If he wants us to choose him that seems like a real design flaw.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2016 1:27:58 AM

What is the overall point of this exercise of humanity? Does God need servants?
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2016 4:50:52 PM
At 11/26/2016 1:26:47 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 11/25/2016 4:59:26 PM, graceofgod wrote:

What makes that so clear? What is the purpose of humanity?

You said it was "He wants people to chose to be with him..."

That seems like a singular purpose. But he designed us, yet many seem to reject him, roughly 5.5 billion people have chosen a different path. If he wants us to choose him that seems like a real design flaw.

that is their choice but he never designed us to have to believe as I said it is always a choice...
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2016 6:48:28 PM
At 11/26/2016 4:50:52 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/26/2016 1:26:47 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

that is their choice but he never designed us to have to believe as I said it is always a choice...

So he designed us to choose knowing how we'd choose in advance - and he must occasionally wipe us out to start again because of how we choose - as designed.