Total Posts:34|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Handy Tips For Aspiring Christians

Willows
Posts: 2,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 12:23:48 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
Maybe you are "religion-curious" and thinking of joining a church and becoming a Christian. Perhaps friends have told you about their "wonderful journey" being a Christian. What they don't tell you, of course, is the bad side of Christianity and what really goes on in churches.

Following are just a few brief pointers to consider. There are many more and I shall make regular updates so that you can make a more informed choice before taking a step that has proven to be detrimental to many individuals and wrecked many families.

1. Christianity, like all other religions, is based on the mistaken belief that there is a God who created all life and that "he" is our master to behold and to fear. There is absolutely no viable evidence whatsoever as to the existence of God or of Jesus Christ. The Bible is a collection of ancient recollections over 2000 years old, written by unknown authors and most of its content is inaccurate, ambiguous and outright mythological tales. The church will tell you all sorts of illogical rhetoric and analogies to try and convince you that what they preach is right. The trouble is there are so many denominations saying completely different things. They can't all be right, therefore it makes sense that none of them is.

2. Make no mistake about it. Churches are profit-making organisations and their goal is to take money from it's followers in return for providing a service historically steeped in ignorance, abuse, discrimination and outright preaching of lies. What churches call "donations" is money enticed from congregations to pay for the clergy and the ever-growing portfolio of real estate.

3. Churches explain that they are family orientated and welcome families to their fold. This is because they know they can entice more members at once and family members reinforce each others' belief.

4. You are told that you are special and that God has a plan for you. That is because Christianity promotes elitism amongst its fold and will instruct you, in subtle ways, to despise all other minority groups in society.

5. The church encourages you to mix only amongst its members, do business with fellow members and to ignore "negative talk from outsiders". This is designed to stop well-balanced and caring people trying to turn you away from their organisation.

Stay tuned in for further handy tips and don't be afraid in your own mind to question what you are told before forming a conclusion.
12_13
Posts: 1,365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 8:09:06 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/20/2016 12:23:48 PM, Willows wrote:
1. Christianity, like all other religions, is based on the mistaken belief that there is a God who created all life and that "he" is our master to behold and to fear. There is absolutely no viable evidence whatsoever as to the existence of God or of Jesus Christ. The Bible is a collection of ancient recollections over 2000 years old, written by unknown authors and most of its content is inaccurate, ambiguous and outright mythological tales. ...

Bible and this worlds existence as the Bible describes it, is evidence for God, you just don"t accept it. If you don"t understand something, it doesn"t mean the book is wrong. And if you don"t accept something as evidence, it doesn"t mean that there is no evidence.

Evidence = broadly construed, is anything presented in support of an assertion.
https://en.wikipedia.org...

2. Make no mistake about it. Churches are profit-making organisations and their goal is to take money from it's followers in return for providing a service historically steeped in ignorance, abuse, discrimination and outright preaching of lies. What churches call "donations" is money enticed from congregations to pay for the clergy and the ever-growing portfolio of real estate.

Make no mistake, Church is not necessary, one can believe in God without Church, or religion.

4. You are told that you are special and that God has a plan for you. That is because Christianity promotes elitism amongst its fold and will instruct you, in subtle ways, to despise all other minority groups in society.

I hope people would understand what the Bible tells. Perhaps you have never read or understood it.

5. The church encourages you to mix only amongst its members, do business with fellow members and to ignore "negative talk from outsiders". This is designed to stop well-balanced and caring people trying to turn you away from their organisation.

Who are those "well-balanced and caring people"? Do you mean people who insult others by saying they are not special? Or people that are against love (Bible God is love, http://www.kolumbus.fi...)?
Dirty.Harry
Posts: 1,585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 8:36:06 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/20/2016 12:23:48 PM, Willows wrote:
Maybe you are "religion-curious" and thinking of joining a church and becoming a Christian. Perhaps friends have told you about their "wonderful journey" being a Christian. What they don't tell you, of course, is the bad side of Christianity and what really goes on in churches.

Following are just a few brief pointers to consider. There are many more and I shall make regular updates so that you can make a more informed choice before taking a step that has proven to be detrimental to many individuals and wrecked many families.

1. Christianity, like all other religions, is based on the mistaken belief that there is a God who created all life and that "he" is our master to behold and to fear. There is absolutely no viable evidence whatsoever as to the existence of God or of Jesus Christ. The Bible is a collection of ancient recollections over 2000 years old, written by unknown authors and most of its content is inaccurate, ambiguous and outright mythological tales. The church will tell you all sorts of illogical rhetoric and analogies to try and convince you that what they preach is right. The trouble is there are so many denominations saying completely different things. They can't all be right, therefore it makes sense that none of them is.

2. Make no mistake about it. Churches are profit-making organisations and their goal is to take money from it's followers in return for providing a service historically steeped in ignorance, abuse, discrimination and outright preaching of lies. What churches call "donations" is money enticed from congregations to pay for the clergy and the ever-growing portfolio of real estate.

3. Churches explain that they are family orientated and welcome families to their fold. This is because they know they can entice more members at once and family members reinforce each others' belief.

4. You are told that you are special and that God has a plan for you. That is because Christianity promotes elitism amongst its fold and will instruct you, in subtle ways, to despise all other minority groups in society.

5. The church encourages you to mix only amongst its members, do business with fellow members and to ignore "negative talk from outsiders". This is designed to stop well-balanced and caring people trying to turn you away from their organisation.

Stay tuned in for further handy tips and don't be afraid in your own mind to question what you are told before forming a conclusion.

We get it, you hate all forms of religion and all forms are bad, all religious people are a threat etc etc - but why are you so obsessed? why are you always hanging around complaining about this? I mean it's not like anyone really pays any attention to your endless lectures.
Willows
Posts: 2,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 8:44:01 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/20/2016 8:36:06 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 11/20/2016 12:23:48 PM, Willows wrote:
Maybe you are "religion-curious" and thinking of joining a church and becoming a Christian. Perhaps friends have told you about their "wonderful journey" being a Christian. What they don't tell you, of course, is the bad side of Christianity and what really goes on in churches.

Following are just a few brief pointers to consider. There are many more and I shall make regular updates so that you can make a more informed choice before taking a step that has proven to be detrimental to many individuals and wrecked many families.

1. Christianity, like all other religions, is based on the mistaken belief that there is a God who created all life and that "he" is our master to behold and to fear. There is absolutely no viable evidence whatsoever as to the existence of God or of Jesus Christ. The Bible is a collection of ancient recollections over 2000 years old, written by unknown authors and most of its content is inaccurate, ambiguous and outright mythological tales. The church will tell you all sorts of illogical rhetoric and analogies to try and convince you that what they preach is right. The trouble is there are so many denominations saying completely different things. They can't all be right, therefore it makes sense that none of them is.

2. Make no mistake about it. Churches are profit-making organisations and their goal is to take money from it's followers in return for providing a service historically steeped in ignorance, abuse, discrimination and outright preaching of lies. What churches call "donations" is money enticed from congregations to pay for the clergy and the ever-growing portfolio of real estate.

3. Churches explain that they are family orientated and welcome families to their fold. This is because they know they can entice more members at once and family members reinforce each others' belief.

4. You are told that you are special and that God has a plan for you. That is because Christianity promotes elitism amongst its fold and will instruct you, in subtle ways, to despise all other minority groups in society.

5. The church encourages you to mix only amongst its members, do business with fellow members and to ignore "negative talk from outsiders". This is designed to stop well-balanced and caring people trying to turn you away from their organisation.

Stay tuned in for further handy tips and don't be afraid in your own mind to question what you are told before forming a conclusion.

We get it, you hate all forms of religion and all forms are bad, all religious people are a threat etc etc - but why are you so obsessed? why are you always hanging around complaining about this? I mean it's not like anyone really pays any attention to your endless lectures.

I am not obsessed, unlike many religious followers who are obsessed to the point that they actually believe the nonsense that their hierarchy tells them.

I have a right to express my views in this forum, just because you disagree it doesn't mean you have to get vitriolic and make erroneous conclusions.
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 8:45:59 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/20/2016 8:09:06 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 11/20/2016 12:23:48 PM, Willows wrote:
1. Christianity, like all other religions, is based on the mistaken belief that there is a God who created all life and that "he" is our master to behold and to fear. There is absolutely no viable evidence whatsoever as to the existence of God or of Jesus Christ. The Bible is a collection of ancient recollections over 2000 years old, written by unknown authors and most of its content is inaccurate, ambiguous and outright mythological tales. ...


Bible and this worlds existence as the Bible describes it, is evidence for God, you just don"t accept it. If you don"t understand something, it doesn"t mean the book is wrong. And if you don"t accept something as evidence, it doesn"t mean that there is no evidence.
The world is nothing that is NOTHING like the bible describes, you are deluded.

Evidence = broadly construed, is anything presented in support of an assertion.
https://en.wikipedia.org...

2. Make no mistake about it. Churches are profit-making organisations and their goal is to take money from it's followers in return for providing a service historically steeped in ignorance, abuse, discrimination and outright preaching of lies. What churches call "donations" is money enticed from congregations to pay for the clergy and the ever-growing portfolio of real estate.

Make no mistake, Church is not necessary, one can believe in God without Church, or religion.
And you would still be believing in caveman fairytales.

4. You are told that you are special and that God has a plan for you. That is because Christianity promotes elitism amongst its fold and will instruct you, in subtle ways, to despise all other minority groups in society.

I hope people would understand what the Bible tells. Perhaps you have never read or understood it.
The bible tells stories written by ignorant frightened bronze age goatherds. Grow up.

5. The church encourages you to mix only amongst its members, do business with fellow members and to ignore "negative talk from outsiders". This is designed to stop well-balanced and caring people trying to turn you away from their organisation.

Who are those "well-balanced and caring people"? Do you mean people who insult others by saying they are not special? Or people that are against love (Bible God is love, http://www.kolumbus.fi...)?
Ooh yes now we get down to it, you have to be special don't you? If you're not special you will die just like everything else and you so desperately want to live forever, why can't mummy make you live forever? You are so special. hahahahahaha.
Willows
Posts: 2,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 9:03:35 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/20/2016 8:09:06 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 11/20/2016 12:23:48 PM, Willows wrote:
1. Christianity, like all other religions, is based on the mistaken belief that there is a God who created all life and that "he" is our master to behold and to fear. There is absolutely no viable evidence whatsoever as to the existence of God or of Jesus Christ. The Bible is a collection of ancient recollections over 2000 years old, written by unknown authors and most of its content is inaccurate, ambiguous and outright mythological tales. ...


Bible and this worlds existence as the Bible describes it, is evidence for God, you just don"t accept it. If you don"t understand something, it doesn"t mean the book is wrong. And if you don"t accept something as evidence, it doesn"t mean that there is no evidence.

Nonsense, there is absolutely nothing in the bible that presents as evidence of God.
Where, in the bible is there anything that proves the existence of God?

2. Make no mistake about it. Churches are profit-making organisations and their goal is to take money from it's followers in return for providing a service historically steeped in ignorance, abuse, discrimination and outright preaching of lies. What churches call "donations" is money enticed from congregations to pay for the clergy and the ever-growing portfolio of real estate.

Make no mistake, Church is not necessary, one can believe in God without Church, or religion.

If someone wants to believe whatever they want, that is their business.
To institutionalise an ill-conceived belief and actively recruit followers through fear and guilt is what I vehemently oppose.

You appear to be jumping on the latest God without religion bandwagon. Come on, that's about as stupid as it gets.

4. You are told that you are special and that God has a plan for you. That is because Christianity promotes elitism amongst its fold and will instruct you, in subtle ways, to despise all other minority groups in society.

I hope people would understand what the Bible tells. Perhaps you have never read or understood it.

I have fully read it and completely understand it, for what it is, not what I want it to mean or others telling me what it means.

5. The church encourages you to mix only amongst its members, do business with fellow members and to ignore "negative talk from outsiders". This is designed to stop well-balanced and caring people trying to turn you away from their organisation.

Who are those "well-balanced and caring people"? Do you mean people who insult others by saying they are not special? Or people that are against love (Bible God is love, http://www.kolumbus.fi...)?

People who do not walk around with artificial smiles on their dials pretending to care but have ulterior motives and definitely have a kangaroo loose in the top paddock.
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 9:22:59 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/20/2016 12:23:48 PM, Willows wrote:
Maybe you are "religion-curious" and thinking of joining a church and becoming a Christian. Perhaps friends have told you about their "wonderful journey" being a Christian. What they don't tell you, of course, is the bad side of Christianity and what really goes on in churches.

Following are just a few brief pointers to consider. There are many more and I shall make regular updates so that you can make a more informed choice before taking a step that has proven to be detrimental to many individuals and wrecked many families.

1. Christianity, like all other religions, is based on the mistaken belief that there is a God who created all life and that "he" is our master to behold and to fear. There is absolutely no viable evidence whatsoever as to the existence of God or of Jesus Christ. The Bible is a collection of ancient recollections over 2000 years old, written by unknown authors and most of its content is inaccurate, ambiguous and outright mythological tales. The church will tell you all sorts of illogical rhetoric and analogies to try and convince you that what they preach is right. The trouble is there are so many denominations saying completely different things. They can't all be right, therefore it makes sense that none of them is.

2. Make no mistake about it. Churches are profit-making organisations and their goal is to take money from it's followers in return for providing a service historically steeped in ignorance, abuse, discrimination and outright preaching of lies. What churches call "donations" is money enticed from congregations to pay for the clergy and the ever-growing portfolio of real estate.

3. Churches explain that they are family orientated and welcome families to their fold. This is because they know they can entice more members at once and family members reinforce each others' belief.

4. You are told that you are special and that God has a plan for you. That is because Christianity promotes elitism amongst its fold and will instruct you, in subtle ways, to despise all other minority groups in society.

5. The church encourages you to mix only amongst its members, do business with fellow members and to ignore "negative talk from outsiders". This is designed to stop well-balanced and caring people trying to turn you away from their organisation.

Stay tuned in for further handy tips and don't be afraid in your own mind to question what you are told before forming a conclusion.
At what point in your life did you assume everyone's head was up their azz just because yours is?
Stay tuned for another idiot who thinks thousands of different places are all the same. Did your daddy and mommy not show you or were incapable of love?.....so sorry.
Willows
Posts: 2,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 12:16:03 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/21/2016 9:22:59 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 11/20/2016 12:23:48 PM, Willows wrote:
Maybe you are "religion-curious" and thinking of joining a church and becoming a Christian. Perhaps friends have told you about their "wonderful journey" being a Christian. What they don't tell you, of course, is the bad side of Christianity and what really goes on in churches.

Following are just a few brief pointers to consider. There are many more and I shall make regular updates so that you can make a more informed choice before taking a step that has proven to be detrimental to many individuals and wrecked many families.

1. Christianity, like all other religions, is based on the mistaken belief that there is a God who created all life and that "he" is our master to behold and to fear. There is absolutely no viable evidence whatsoever as to the existence of God or of Jesus Christ. The Bible is a collection of ancient recollections over 2000 years old, written by unknown authors and most of its content is inaccurate, ambiguous and outright mythological tales. The church will tell you all sorts of illogical rhetoric and analogies to try and convince you that what they preach is right. The trouble is there are so many denominations saying completely different things. They can't all be right, therefore it makes sense that none of them is.

2. Make no mistake about it. Churches are profit-making organisations and their goal is to take money from it's followers in return for providing a service historically steeped in ignorance, abuse, discrimination and outright preaching of lies. What churches call "donations" is money enticed from congregations to pay for the clergy and the ever-growing portfolio of real estate.

3. Churches explain that they are family orientated and welcome families to their fold. This is because they know they can entice more members at once and family members reinforce each others' belief.

4. You are told that you are special and that God has a plan for you. That is because Christianity promotes elitism amongst its fold and will instruct you, in subtle ways, to despise all other minority groups in society.

5. The church encourages you to mix only amongst its members, do business with fellow members and to ignore "negative talk from outsiders". This is designed to stop well-balanced and caring people trying to turn you away from their organisation.

Stay tuned in for further handy tips and don't be afraid in your own mind to question what you are told before forming a conclusion.
At what point in your life did you assume everyone's head was up their azz just because yours is?
Stay tuned for another idiot who thinks thousands of different places are all the same. Did your daddy and mommy not show you or were incapable of love?.....so sorry.

Would you care to translate what you mean into coherent English?
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 3:56:43 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/21/2016 12:16:03 PM, Willows wrote:
At 11/21/2016 9:22:59 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 11/20/2016 12:23:48 PM, Willows wrote:
Maybe you are "religion-curious" and thinking of joining a church and becoming a Christian. Perhaps friends have told you about their "wonderful journey" being a Christian. What they don't tell you, of course, is the bad side of Christianity and what really goes on in churches.

Following are just a few brief pointers to consider. There are many more and I shall make regular updates so that you can make a more informed choice before taking a step that has proven to be detrimental to many individuals and wrecked many families.

1. Christianity, like all other religions, is based on the mistaken belief that there is a God who created all life and that "he" is our master to behold and to fear. There is absolutely no viable evidence whatsoever as to the existence of God or of Jesus Christ. The Bible is a collection of ancient recollections over 2000 years old, written by unknown authors and most of its content is inaccurate, ambiguous and outright mythological tales. The church will tell you all sorts of illogical rhetoric and analogies to try and convince you that what they preach is right. The trouble is there are so many denominations saying completely different things. They can't all be right, therefore it makes sense that none of them is.

2. Make no mistake about it. Churches are profit-making organisations and their goal is to take money from it's followers in return for providing a service historically steeped in ignorance, abuse, discrimination and outright preaching of lies. What churches call "donations" is money enticed from congregations to pay for the clergy and the ever-growing portfolio of real estate.

3. Churches explain that they are family orientated and welcome families to their fold. This is because they know they can entice more members at once and family members reinforce each others' belief.

4. You are told that you are special and that God has a plan for you. That is because Christianity promotes elitism amongst its fold and will instruct you, in subtle ways, to despise all other minority groups in society.

5. The church encourages you to mix only amongst its members, do business with fellow members and to ignore "negative talk from outsiders". This is designed to stop well-balanced and caring people trying to turn you away from their organisation.

Stay tuned in for further handy tips and don't be afraid in your own mind to question what you are told before forming a conclusion.
At what point in your life did you assume everyone's head was up their azz just because yours is?
Stay tuned for another idiot who thinks thousands of different places are all the same. Did your daddy and mommy not show you or were incapable of love?.....so sorry.

Would you care to translate what you mean into coherent English?

Don't waste your time. It will still come out as all noise, no signal.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 7:27:46 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/21/2016 8:44:01 AM, Willows wrote:
At 11/20/2016 8:36:06 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 11/20/2016 12:23:48 PM, Willows wrote:
Maybe you are "religion-curious" and thinking of joining a church and becoming a Christian. Perhaps friends have told you about their "wonderful journey" being a Christian. What they don't tell you, of course, is the bad side of Christianity and what really goes on in churches.

Following are just a few brief pointers to consider. There are many more and I shall make regular updates so that you can make a more informed choice before taking a step that has proven to be detrimental to many individuals and wrecked many families.

1. Christianity, like all other religions, is based on the mistaken belief that there is a God who created all life and that "he" is our master to behold and to fear. There is absolutely no viable evidence whatsoever as to the existence of God or of Jesus Christ. The Bible is a collection of ancient recollections over 2000 years old, written by unknown authors and most of its content is inaccurate, ambiguous and outright mythological tales. The church will tell you all sorts of illogical rhetoric and analogies to try and convince you that what they preach is right. The trouble is there are so many denominations saying completely different things. They can't all be right, therefore it makes sense that none of them is.

2. Make no mistake about it. Churches are profit-making organisations and their goal is to take money from it's followers in return for providing a service historically steeped in ignorance, abuse, discrimination and outright preaching of lies. What churches call "donations" is money enticed from congregations to pay for the clergy and the ever-growing portfolio of real estate.

3. Churches explain that they are family orientated and welcome families to their fold. This is because they know they can entice more members at once and family members reinforce each others' belief.

4. You are told that you are special and that God has a plan for you. That is because Christianity promotes elitism amongst its fold and will instruct you, in subtle ways, to despise all other minority groups in society.

5. The church encourages you to mix only amongst its members, do business with fellow members and to ignore "negative talk from outsiders". This is designed to stop well-balanced and caring people trying to turn you away from their organisation.

Stay tuned in for further handy tips and don't be afraid in your own mind to question what you are told before forming a conclusion.

We get it, you hate all forms of religion and all forms are bad, all religious people are a threat etc etc - but why are you so obsessed? why are you always hanging around complaining about this? I mean it's not like anyone really pays any attention to your endless lectures.

I am not obsessed, unlike many religious followers who are obsessed to the point that they actually believe the nonsense that their hierarchy tells them.

Actually you are obsessed. You believe that there is no God and that you have a brief few decades of precious existence before you disappear into oblivion, and yet you waste a great deal of that existence on here. That is really, really sad.
cameron339
Posts: 72
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 7:39:11 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
Actually you are obsessed. You believe that there is no God and that you have a brief few decades of precious existence before you disappear into oblivion, and yet you waste a great deal of that existence on here. That is really, really sad.

You as a Christian are wasting your time here. If you believe there is an eternal paradise waiting for you after you die, this life becomes meaningless. Earth becomes a place for you to wipe your feet for a few years before the "real living" begins in Heaven with your Jewish master.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 7:41:16 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/21/2016 7:39:11 PM, cameron339 wrote:
Actually you are obsessed. You believe that there is no God and that you have a brief few decades of precious existence before you disappear into oblivion, and yet you waste a great deal of that existence on here. That is really, really sad.

You as a Christian are wasting your time here. If you believe there is an eternal paradise waiting for you after you die, this life becomes meaningless. Earth becomes a place for you to wipe your feet for a few years before the "real living" begins in Heaven with your Jewish master.

Yup you too! I have a vested interest that as many people as possible join me in the eternal paradise. You just waste your measly existence here.
12_13
Posts: 1,365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 8:15:59 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/21/2016 8:45:59 AM, bulproof wrote:
The bible tells stories written by ignorant frightened bronze age goatherds. Grow up.

Why should anyone believe your unsupported claims?
12_13
Posts: 1,365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 8:16:04 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/21/2016 9:03:35 AM, Willows wrote:
Nonsense, there is absolutely nothing in the bible that presents as evidence of God.
Where, in the bible is there anything that proves the existence of God?

Bible itself is the evidence for God, because it is not reasonable to assume people would have written it without God"s influence. It has knowledge and teaching that people would not have without God.
Willows
Posts: 2,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 8:41:41 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/21/2016 8:15:59 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 11/21/2016 8:45:59 AM, bulproof wrote:
The bible tells stories written by ignorant frightened bronze age goatherds. Grow up.

Why should anyone believe your unsupported claims?

What unsupported claims? I made none.
Willows
Posts: 2,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 8:43:57 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/21/2016 7:27:46 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/21/2016 8:44:01 AM, Willows wrote:
At 11/20/2016 8:36:06 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 11/20/2016 12:23:48 PM, Willows wrote:
Maybe you are "religion-curious" and thinking of joining a church and becoming a Christian. Perhaps friends have told you about their "wonderful journey" being a Christian. What they don't tell you, of course, is the bad side of Christianity and what really goes on in churches.

Following are just a few brief pointers to consider. There are many more and I shall make regular updates so that you can make a more informed choice before taking a step that has proven to be detrimental to many individuals and wrecked many families.

1. Christianity, like all other religions, is based on the mistaken belief that there is a God who created all life and that "he" is our master to behold and to fear. There is absolutely no viable evidence whatsoever as to the existence of God or of Jesus Christ. The Bible is a collection of ancient recollections over 2000 years old, written by unknown authors and most of its content is inaccurate, ambiguous and outright mythological tales. The church will tell you all sorts of illogical rhetoric and analogies to try and convince you that what they preach is right. The trouble is there are so many denominations saying completely different things. They can't all be right, therefore it makes sense that none of them is.

2. Make no mistake about it. Churches are profit-making organisations and their goal is to take money from it's followers in return for providing a service historically steeped in ignorance, abuse, discrimination and outright preaching of lies. What churches call "donations" is money enticed from congregations to pay for the clergy and the ever-growing portfolio of real estate.

3. Churches explain that they are family orientated and welcome families to their fold. This is because they know they can entice more members at once and family members reinforce each others' belief.

4. You are told that you are special and that God has a plan for you. That is because Christianity promotes elitism amongst its fold and will instruct you, in subtle ways, to despise all other minority groups in society.

5. The church encourages you to mix only amongst its members, do business with fellow members and to ignore "negative talk from outsiders". This is designed to stop well-balanced and caring people trying to turn you away from their organisation.

Stay tuned in for further handy tips and don't be afraid in your own mind to question what you are told before forming a conclusion.

We get it, you hate all forms of religion and all forms are bad, all religious people are a threat etc etc - but why are you so obsessed? why are you always hanging around complaining about this? I mean it's not like anyone really pays any attention to your endless lectures.

I am not obsessed, unlike many religious followers who are obsessed to the point that they actually believe the nonsense that their hierarchy tells them.


Actually you are obsessed. You believe that there is no God and that you have a brief few decades of precious existence before you disappear into oblivion, and yet you waste a great deal of that existence on here. That is really, really sad.

All part of being a Christian.....the guilt trip.
cameron339
Posts: 72
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 8:57:38 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/21/2016 7:41:16 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/21/2016 7:39:11 PM, cameron339 wrote:
Actually you are obsessed. You believe that there is no God and that you have a brief few decades of precious existence before you disappear into oblivion, and yet you waste a great deal of that existence on here. That is really, really sad.

You as a Christian are wasting your time here. If you believe there is an eternal paradise waiting for you after you die, this life becomes meaningless. Earth becomes a place for you to wipe your feet for a few years before the "real living" begins in Heaven with your Jewish master.

Yup you too! I have a vested interest that as many people as possible join me in the eternal paradise. You just waste your measly existence here.

"Yup you too?" What are you talking about. I don't believe there life is after death. You on the other hand want to take as many people to Jonestown with you ( Jim Jones). Don't drink the kool-aid!
cameron339
Posts: 72
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 9:01:00 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/21/2016 8:16:04 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 11/21/2016 9:03:35 AM, Willows wrote:
Nonsense, there is absolutely nothing in the bible that presents as evidence of God.
Where, in the bible is there anything that proves the existence of God?

Bible itself is the evidence for God, because it is not reasonable to assume people would have written it without God"s influence. It has knowledge and teaching that people would not have without God.

No it's not. You can't use the Bible to prove the Bible. That's called circular reasoning, a logical fallacy. That would be like me trying to prove the existence of Spiderman using old Spiderman comic books.
cameron339
Posts: 72
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 9:04:45 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
Yup you too! I have a vested interest that as many people as possible join me in the eternal paradise. You just waste your measly existence here.

Human beings are the only species on this planet that think they deserve a reward after they die (ego). You feel you deserve a reward (eternal paradise), just like a dog feels it deserves a treat for behaving good.
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 9:07:14 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/21/2016 12:16:03 PM, Willows wrote:
At 11/21/2016 9:22:59 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 11/20/2016 12:23:48 PM, Willows wrote:
Maybe you are "religion-curious" and thinking of joining a church and becoming a Christian. Perhaps friends have told you about their "wonderful journey" being a Christian. What they don't tell you, of course, is the bad side of Christianity and what really goes on in churches.

Following are just a few brief pointers to consider. There are many more and I shall make regular updates so that you can make a more informed choice before taking a step that has proven to be detrimental to many individuals and wrecked many families.

1. Christianity, like all other religions, is based on the mistaken belief that there is a God who created all life and that "he" is our master to behold and to fear. There is absolutely no viable evidence whatsoever as to the existence of God or of Jesus Christ. The Bible is a collection of ancient recollections over 2000 years old, written by unknown authors and most of its content is inaccurate, ambiguous and outright mythological tales. The church will tell you all sorts of illogical rhetoric and analogies to try and convince you that what they preach is right. The trouble is there are so many denominations saying completely different things. They can't all be right, therefore it makes sense that none of them is.

2. Make no mistake about it. Churches are profit-making organisations and their goal is to take money from it's followers in return for providing a service historically steeped in ignorance, abuse, discrimination and outright preaching of lies. What churches call "donations" is money enticed from congregations to pay for the clergy and the ever-growing portfolio of real estate.

3. Churches explain that they are family orientated and welcome families to their fold. This is because they know they can entice more members at once and family members reinforce each others' belief.

4. You are told that you are special and that God has a plan for you. That is because Christianity promotes elitism amongst its fold and will instruct you, in subtle ways, to despise all other minority groups in society.

5. The church encourages you to mix only amongst its members, do business with fellow members and to ignore "negative talk from outsiders". This is designed to stop well-balanced and caring people trying to turn you away from their organisation.

Stay tuned in for further handy tips and don't be afraid in your own mind to question what you are told before forming a conclusion.
At what point in your life did you assume everyone's head was up their azz just because yours is?
Stay tuned for another idiot who thinks thousands of different places are all the same. Did your daddy and mommy not show you or were incapable of love?.....so sorry.

Would you care to translate what you mean into coherent English?
Why, your attempts at denial are humorous.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 6:14:17 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/22/2016 8:43:57 AM, Willows wrote:
At 11/21/2016 7:27:46 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/21/2016 8:44:01 AM, Willows wrote:
At 11/20/2016 8:36:06 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 11/20/2016 12:23:48 PM, Willows wrote:
Maybe you are "religion-curious" and thinking of joining a church and becoming a Christian. Perhaps friends have told you about their "wonderful journey" being a Christian. What they don't tell you, of course, is the bad side of Christianity and what really goes on in churches.

Following are just a few brief pointers to consider. There are many more and I shall make regular updates so that you can make a more informed choice before taking a step that has proven to be detrimental to many individuals and wrecked many families.

1. Christianity, like all other religions, is based on the mistaken belief that there is a God who created all life and that "he" is our master to behold and to fear. There is absolutely no viable evidence whatsoever as to the existence of God or of Jesus Christ. The Bible is a collection of ancient recollections over 2000 years old, written by unknown authors and most of its content is inaccurate, ambiguous and outright mythological tales. The church will tell you all sorts of illogical rhetoric and analogies to try and convince you that what they preach is right. The trouble is there are so many denominations saying completely different things. They can't all be right, therefore it makes sense that none of them is.

2. Make no mistake about it. Churches are profit-making organisations and their goal is to take money from it's followers in return for providing a service historically steeped in ignorance, abuse, discrimination and outright preaching of lies. What churches call "donations" is money enticed from congregations to pay for the clergy and the ever-growing portfolio of real estate.

3. Churches explain that they are family orientated and welcome families to their fold. This is because they know they can entice more members at once and family members reinforce each others' belief.

4. You are told that you are special and that God has a plan for you. That is because Christianity promotes elitism amongst its fold and will instruct you, in subtle ways, to despise all other minority groups in society.

5. The church encourages you to mix only amongst its members, do business with fellow members and to ignore "negative talk from outsiders". This is designed to stop well-balanced and caring people trying to turn you away from their organisation.

Stay tuned in for further handy tips and don't be afraid in your own mind to question what you are told before forming a conclusion.

We get it, you hate all forms of religion and all forms are bad, all religious people are a threat etc etc - but why are you so obsessed? why are you always hanging around complaining about this? I mean it's not like anyone really pays any attention to your endless lectures.

I am not obsessed, unlike many religious followers who are obsessed to the point that they actually believe the nonsense that their hierarchy tells them.


Actually you are obsessed. You believe that there is no God and that you have a brief few decades of precious existence before you disappear into oblivion, and yet you waste a great deal of that existence on here. That is really, really sad.

All part of being a Christian.....the guilt trip.

Why would you have a Christian "guilt trip?"

I have no guilt trip. I do have a conscience that informs me when I do something wrong... maybe you lack one?
Geogeer
Posts: 4,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 6:22:43 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/22/2016 8:57:38 AM, cameron339 wrote:
At 11/21/2016 7:41:16 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/21/2016 7:39:11 PM, cameron339 wrote:
Actually you are obsessed. You believe that there is no God and that you have a brief few decades of precious existence before you disappear into oblivion, and yet you waste a great deal of that existence on here. That is really, really sad.

You as a Christian are wasting your time here. If you believe there is an eternal paradise waiting for you after you die, this life becomes meaningless. Earth becomes a place for you to wipe your feet for a few years before the "real living" begins in Heaven with your Jewish master.

Yup you too! I have a vested interest that as many people as possible join me in the eternal paradise. You just waste your measly existence here.

"Yup you too?" What are you talking about. I don't believe there life is after death. You on the other hand want to take as many people to Jonestown with you ( Jim Jones). Don't drink the kool-aid!

you too - wasting your time here. On the other my life is infinitely meaningful because it will determine where I reside for eternity.
cameron339
Posts: 72
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 7:45:05 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
you too - wasting your time here. On the other my life is infinitely meaningful because it will determine where I reside for eternity.

Well have fun residing for eternity in a celestial North Korea. Just praising the celestial dictator forever, sounds fun!
Geogeer
Posts: 4,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 8:36:53 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/22/2016 7:45:05 PM, cameron339 wrote:
you too - wasting your time here. On the other my life is infinitely meaningful because it will determine where I reside for eternity.

Well have fun residing for eternity in a celestial North Korea. Just praising the celestial dictator forever, sounds fun!

If eternal contentment and joy occurs in North Korea, sign me up. It'll be significantly more enjoyable than the alternative.
12_13
Posts: 1,365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 12:48:57 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/22/2016 9:01:00 AM, cameron339 wrote:
You can't use the Bible to prove the Bible.

Yes, I didn"t do that, I say it is evidence for God, because it gives reason to think that maybe Bible God is real, because we have this testimony of Him. It is a sign for God. Similarly, as, if you get this message, you have reason to think that there is some other person in this world than you.
cameron339
Posts: 72
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 1:35:47 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/23/2016 12:48:57 AM, 12_13 wrote:
At 11/22/2016 9:01:00 AM, cameron339 wrote:
You can't use the Bible to prove the Bible.

Yes, I didn"t do that, I say it is evidence for God, because it gives reason to think that maybe Bible God is real, because we have this testimony of Him. It is a sign for God. Similarly, as, if you get this message, you have reason to think that there is some other person in this world than you.

Yes you did in fact do that. You don't have testimony of "Him." You have people pretending to belive they have testimony of him. This is just another fallacy of special pleading. I mean, do you think the Baghadvad Gita is testimony of Lord Krishna? Of course you don't. You see through that bullsh** right away. But you make an exception for the Bible as if though it's different or somehow better. Nope, still just a collection of ramblings of desert dwelling screw heads, who thought the earth rests upon four pillars (Thessalonians).

Hypothetically speaking, let's just say there was a God and he somehow "spoke" through or "inspired" these New Testament anonymous authors. What makes you think they got the message correct? If you claim God is perfect and man is fallible, then it is like pouring clean water through a dirty filter. The water is still going to come out dirty on the other end.
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 5:17:19 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/22/2016 6:14:17 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/22/2016 8:43:57 AM, Willows wrote:
At 11/21/2016 7:27:46 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/21/2016 8:44:01 AM, Willows wrote:
At 11/20/2016 8:36:06 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 11/20/2016 12:23:48 PM, Willows wrote:
Maybe you are "religion-curious" and thinking of joining a church and becoming a Christian. Perhaps friends have told you about their "wonderful journey" being a Christian. What they don't tell you, of course, is the bad side of Christianity and what really goes on in churches.

Following are just a few brief pointers to consider. There are many more and I shall make regular updates so that you can make a more informed choice before taking a step that has proven to be detrimental to many individuals and wrecked many families.

1. Christianity, like all other religions, is based on the mistaken belief that there is a God who created all life and that "he" is our master to behold and to fear. There is absolutely no viable evidence whatsoever as to the existence of God or of Jesus Christ. The Bible is a collection of ancient recollections over 2000 years old, written by unknown authors and most of its content is inaccurate, ambiguous and outright mythological tales. The church will tell you all sorts of illogical rhetoric and analogies to try and convince you that what they preach is right. The trouble is there are so many denominations saying completely different things. They can't all be right, therefore it makes sense that none of them is.

2. Make no mistake about it. Churches are profit-making organisations and their goal is to take money from it's followers in return for providing a service historically steeped in ignorance, abuse, discrimination and outright preaching of lies. What churches call "donations" is money enticed from congregations to pay for the clergy and the ever-growing portfolio of real estate.

3. Churches explain that they are family orientated and welcome families to their fold. This is because they know they can entice more members at once and family members reinforce each others' belief.

4. You are told that you are special and that God has a plan for you. That is because Christianity promotes elitism amongst its fold and will instruct you, in subtle ways, to despise all other minority groups in society.

5. The church encourages you to mix only amongst its members, do business with fellow members and to ignore "negative talk from outsiders". This is designed to stop well-balanced and caring people trying to turn you away from their organisation.

Stay tuned in for further handy tips and don't be afraid in your own mind to question what you are told before forming a conclusion.

We get it, you hate all forms of religion and all forms are bad, all religious people are a threat etc etc - but why are you so obsessed? why are you always hanging around complaining about this? I mean it's not like anyone really pays any attention to your endless lectures.

I am not obsessed, unlike many religious followers who are obsessed to the point that they actually believe the nonsense that their hierarchy tells them.


Actually you are obsessed. You believe that there is no God and that you have a brief few decades of precious existence before you disappear into oblivion, and yet you waste a great deal of that existence on here. That is really, really sad.

All part of being a Christian.....the guilt trip.

Why would you have a Christian "guilt trip?"

I have no guilt trip. I do have a conscience that informs me when I do something wrong... maybe you lack one?
You are usurping your god with your conscience, sinner, sinner you're no winner.
Willows
Posts: 2,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 9:37:28 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/22/2016 6:14:17 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/22/2016 8:43:57 AM, Willows wrote:
At 11/21/2016 7:27:46 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/21/2016 8:44:01 AM, Willows wrote:
At 11/20/2016 8:36:06 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 11/20/2016 12:23:48 PM, Willows wrote:
Maybe you are "religion-curious" and thinking of joining a church and becoming a Christian. Perhaps friends have told you about their "wonderful journey" being a Christian. What they don't tell you, of course, is the bad side of Christianity and what really goes on in churches.

Following are just a few brief pointers to consider. There are many more and I shall make regular updates so that you can make a more informed choice before taking a step that has proven to be detrimental to many individuals and wrecked many families.

1. Christianity, like all other religions, is based on the mistaken belief that there is a God who created all life and that "he" is our master to behold and to fear. There is absolutely no viable evidence whatsoever as to the existence of God or of Jesus Christ. The Bible is a collection of ancient recollections over 2000 years old, written by unknown authors and most of its content is inaccurate, ambiguous and outright mythological tales. The church will tell you all sorts of illogical rhetoric and analogies to try and convince you that what they preach is right. The trouble is there are so many denominations saying completely different things. They can't all be right, therefore it makes sense that none of them is.

2. Make no mistake about it. Churches are profit-making organisations and their goal is to take money from it's followers in return for providing a service historically steeped in ignorance, abuse, discrimination and outright preaching of lies. What churches call "donations" is money enticed from congregations to pay for the clergy and the ever-growing portfolio of real estate.

3. Churches explain that they are family orientated and welcome families to their fold. This is because they know they can entice more members at once and family members reinforce each others' belief.

4. You are told that you are special and that God has a plan for you. That is because Christianity promotes elitism amongst its fold and will instruct you, in subtle ways, to despise all other minority groups in society.

5. The church encourages you to mix only amongst its members, do business with fellow members and to ignore "negative talk from outsiders". This is designed to stop well-balanced and caring people trying to turn you away from their organisation.

Stay tuned in for further handy tips and don't be afraid in your own mind to question what you are told before forming a conclusion.

We get it, you hate all forms of religion and all forms are bad, all religious people are a threat etc etc - but why are you so obsessed? why are you always hanging around complaining about this? I mean it's not like anyone really pays any attention to your endless lectures.

I am not obsessed, unlike many religious followers who are obsessed to the point that they actually believe the nonsense that their hierarchy tells them.


Actually you are obsessed. You believe that there is no God and that you have a brief few decades of precious existence before you disappear into oblivion, and yet you waste a great deal of that existence on here. That is really, really sad.

All part of being a Christian.....the guilt trip.

Why would you have a Christian "guilt trip?"

I have no guilt trip. I do have a conscience that informs me when I do something wrong... maybe you lack one?

Playing innocent gains nobody favour does it?

"you disappear into oblivion, and yet you waste a great deal of that existence on here. That is really, really sad."....is what people in the real world call a guilt trip and what people who have their heads stuck in the La La Land of religion seem to take great delight with imparting on others who do not share their absurd belief.

Is it any wonder, though?.......adhering to a doctrine that instills its own followers with fear, guilt, and hatred.
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 4:05:04 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/21/2016 12:16:03 PM, Willows wrote:
At 11/21/2016 9:22:59 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 11/20/2016 12:23:48 PM, Willows wrote:
Maybe you are "religion-curious" and thinking of joining a church and becoming a Christian. Perhaps friends have told you about their "wonderful journey" being a Christian. What they don't tell you, of course, is the bad side of Christianity and what really goes on in churches.

Following are just a few brief pointers to consider. There are many more and I shall make regular updates so that you can make a more informed choice before taking a step that has proven to be detrimental to many individuals and wrecked many families.


Would you care to translate what you mean into coherent English?

Your post got the deserving response. An emotionalist who has a breakdown and actually posts it as a thread disallows any inclination on my part to make an effort
You are a blatherskite wasting space. I assume you have a plethora of juvenila saved In your diary but this isn't the place to voice it. I'm thinking a psychologist will be more helpful. Don't be a cunctater. No time for indecision because time flies. This thread is a nudnik.
Thoughts?
Geogeer
Posts: 4,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 7:47:25 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/23/2016 9:37:28 AM, Willows wrote:
At 11/22/2016 6:14:17 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/22/2016 8:43:57 AM, Willows wrote:
At 11/21/2016 7:27:46 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/21/2016 8:44:01 AM, Willows wrote:
At 11/20/2016 8:36:06 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 11/20/2016 12:23:48 PM, Willows wrote:
Maybe you are "religion-curious" and thinking of joining a church and becoming a Christian. Perhaps friends have told you about their "wonderful journey" being a Christian. What they don't tell you, of course, is the bad side of Christianity and what really goes on in churches.

Following are just a few brief pointers to consider. There are many more and I shall make regular updates so that you can make a more informed choice before taking a step that has proven to be detrimental to many individuals and wrecked many families.

1. Christianity, like all other religions, is based on the mistaken belief that there is a God who created all life and that "he" is our master to behold and to fear. There is absolutely no viable evidence whatsoever as to the existence of God or of Jesus Christ. The Bible is a collection of ancient recollections over 2000 years old, written by unknown authors and most of its content is inaccurate, ambiguous and outright mythological tales. The church will tell you all sorts of illogical rhetoric and analogies to try and convince you that what they preach is right. The trouble is there are so many denominations saying completely different things. They can't all be right, therefore it makes sense that none of them is.

2. Make no mistake about it. Churches are profit-making organisations and their goal is to take money from it's followers in return for providing a service historically steeped in ignorance, abuse, discrimination and outright preaching of lies. What churches call "donations" is money enticed from congregations to pay for the clergy and the ever-growing portfolio of real estate.

3. Churches explain that they are family orientated and welcome families to their fold. This is because they know they can entice more members at once and family members reinforce each others' belief.

4. You are told that you are special and that God has a plan for you. That is because Christianity promotes elitism amongst its fold and will instruct you, in subtle ways, to despise all other minority groups in society.

5. The church encourages you to mix only amongst its members, do business with fellow members and to ignore "negative talk from outsiders". This is designed to stop well-balanced and caring people trying to turn you away from their organisation.

Stay tuned in for further handy tips and don't be afraid in your own mind to question what you are told before forming a conclusion.

We get it, you hate all forms of religion and all forms are bad, all religious people are a threat etc etc - but why are you so obsessed? why are you always hanging around complaining about this? I mean it's not like anyone really pays any attention to your endless lectures.

I am not obsessed, unlike many religious followers who are obsessed to the point that they actually believe the nonsense that their hierarchy tells them.


Actually you are obsessed. You believe that there is no God and that you have a brief few decades of precious existence before you disappear into oblivion, and yet you waste a great deal of that existence on here. That is really, really sad.

All part of being a Christian.....the guilt trip.

Why would you have a Christian "guilt trip?"

I have no guilt trip. I do have a conscience that informs me when I do something wrong... maybe you lack one?

Playing innocent gains nobody favour does it?

Where am I playing innocent?

"you disappear into oblivion, and yet you waste a great deal of that existence on here. That is really, really sad."....is what people in the real world call a guilt trip and what people who have their heads stuck in the La La Land of religion seem to take great delight with imparting on others who do not share their absurd belief.

So speaking the truth of what someone believes is now a guilt trip. Please describe the error in what I said. Or is it merely too truthful?

Is it any wonder, though?.......adhering to a doctrine that instills its own followers with fear, guilt, and hatred.

Care to elaborate? It is easy to generalize and pander to the masses here.