Jump to topic:

God vs Religion

KaulDeva
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 9:20:32 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
I see a conflict between the God and Religion . 21st century Humans are in less conflict with the Idea of God than they are in conflict with the Idea of Religious God . God can pretty much be a scientific phenomena beyond the grasp of 21st century Humans mind .

Have Religions made a mockery of God ? Using God as a Bait to bind Humans in the Past .
Using God as means to political , economic and Social gains .
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 9:22:36 AM
At 11/22/2016 9:20:32 AM, KaulDeva wrote:
I see a conflict between the God and Religion . 21st century Humans are in less conflict with the Idea of God than they are in conflict with the Idea of Religious God . God can pretty much be a scientific phenomena beyond the grasp of 21st century Humans mind .

Have Religions made a mockery of God ? Using God as a Bait to bind Humans in the Past .

Gods are human creations, imo, as there is no evidence to support the existence of any them.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 9:31:00 AM

From an atheist point of view, I see theists separating God and religion as just another episode in the continuing struggle to explain a contrived belief.
KaulDeva
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 9:41:37 AM
At 11/22/2016 9:31:00 AM, Willows wrote:

From an atheist point of view, I see theists separating God and religion as just another episode in the continuing struggle to explain a contrived belief.

I mean God isn't someone , who one day decides he want to meet a random Human and inspire him to right about him , which only ends up in a book of Dogmas .

Nature and Consciousness can pretty much be the creation of God . Don't imagine him as a Man , Spirit or a being without form . Think of him as a Principle or COSMOS itself .
KaulDeva
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 9:46:23 AM
At 11/22/2016 9:22:36 AM, tarantula wrote:

Gods are human creations, imo, as there is no evidence to support the existence of any them.

Yup Gods are Mans creation but we forget that , If God created Universe which happens to be eternal , How are we supposed to study such a being , when all we have is 100 years of life and possible 300-250 million years of existence , after which we die .
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 11:33:17 AM
At 11/22/2016 9:46:23 AM, KaulDeva wrote:

Yup Gods are Mans creation but we forget that , If God created Universe which happens to be eternal , How are we supposed to study such a being , when all we have is 100 years of life and possible 300-250 million years of existence , after which we die .
Men claim that the gods they invented created the universe they can't understand, just like Thor was invented to explain thunder.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
KwLm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 12:16:47 PM

"If"
KwLm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 12:17:33 PM

I agree, seeing as america is filling up with different sects of the same religion
KaulDeva
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 12:18:22 PM
At 11/22/2016 12:16:47 PM, KwLm wrote:

"If"

^_^ I know how big this "IF" is . But it doesn't hurt to be speculative once in a while <>_<>
KwLm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 12:18:45 PM
At 11/22/2016 9:41:37 AM, KaulDeva wrote:

I mean God isn't someone , who one day decides he want to meet a random Human and inspire him to right about him , which only ends up in a book of Dogmas .

Nature and Consciousness can pretty much be the creation of God . Don't imagine him as a Man , Spirit or a being without form . Think of him as a Principle or COSMOS itself .

Or, imagine, there is no God, and think of the cosmos as it is, same goes for principles (what a shocker, god doesn't need to push into any of it)
KaulDeva
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 12:20:33 PM
At 11/22/2016 12:18:45 PM, KwLm wrote:

Or, imagine, there is no God, and think of the cosmos as it is, same goes for principles (what a shocker, god doesn't need to push into any of it)

^_^ For me COSMOS is God and its Laws are how it works instead of the Supernatural bla bla ^_^
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 12:29:16 PM
At 11/22/2016 12:20:33 PM, KaulDeva wrote:

^_^ For me COSMOS is God and its Laws are how it works instead of the Supernatural bla bla ^_^
Same shiit different shirt. So what?
Gods are the invention of ignorent men attempting to explain what they can't understand or refuse to understand.
Man created Thor to explain thunder, I hope you still believe in Thor?
Man created Yahweh to explain their existence and you still believe in Yahweh.
See what happened there?
KaulDeva
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 12:33:03 PM
At 11/22/2016 12:29:16 PM, bulproof wrote:

Gods are the invention of ignorent men attempting to explain what they can't understand or refuse to understand.
See what happened there?

What we know of Gods are those who walked on Planet earth . They were Humans of great wisdom and some Magic tricks up their sleeves which peole of that time couldn't understand .

So Gods were none other than Mighty rulers and Wisest Fools on Earth ^_^

Human imagination and Consciousness is so powerful , that our thoughts can turn into a reality in other planes of existence .
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 12:44:02 PM
At 11/22/2016 12:33:03 PM, KaulDeva wrote:

See what happened there?

What we know of Gods are those who walked on Planet earth . They were Humans of great wisdom and some Magic tricks up their sleeves which peole of that time couldn't understand .
You're takin' the piss outa me, aren't ya? You're playing the opposites game, I certainly hope so cos if your serious you are a loony toons.

Well that's who the model for the gods were. The people with power. It's all the poor cavemen knew to base their gods on. Gods are made in the image of man.

Human imagination and Consciousness is so powerful , that our thoughts can turn into a reality in other planes of existence .
Now you've jumped the shark and I realise that you are serious, oh well it was fun while it lasted.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 12:45:25 PM

Just as there have been many different religions and sub-groups it seems to be the thing now to keep changing what God is. All of the definitions cannot be right so it is reasonable to accept that none of them is right.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 12:49:02 PM
At 11/22/2016 12:45:25 PM, Willows wrote:

Just as there have been many different religions and sub-groups it seems to be the thing now to keep changing what God is. All of the definitions cannot be right so it is reasonable to accept that none of them is right.
Now Willy are you forgetting Thor? Thor provided evidence of his existence, I hope you see my point.
KaulDeva
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 1:58:49 PM
At 11/22/2016 12:44:02 PM, bulproof wrote:

See what happened there?

You're takin' the piss outa me, aren't ya? You're playing the opposites game, I certainly hope so cos if your serious you are a loony toons.

Well that's who the model for the gods were. The people with power. It's all the poor cavemen knew to base their gods on. Gods are made in the image of man.

Now you've jumped the shark and I realise that you are serious, oh well it was fun while it lasted.

I don't know why , about Atheists and SJW's look at the word from the Point of view of Anti Abrahmic religions . Only Monotheistic God . Please at least study the ones from east and you will find these ideas dating back 3500 years .

Then even nothingness was not, nor existence,
There was no air then, nor the heavens beyond it.
What covered it? Where was it? In whose keeping?
Was there then cosmic water, in depths unfathomed?

Then there was neither death nor immortality
nor was there then the torch of night and day.
The One breathed windlessly and self-sustaining.
There was that One then, and there was no other.

At first there was only darkness wrapped in darkness.
All this was only unillumined water.
That One which came to be, enclosed in nothing,
arose at last, born of the power of heat.

In the beginning desire descended on it -
that was the primal seed, born of the mind.
The sages who have searched their hearts with wisdom
know that which is kin to that which is not.

And they have stretched their cord across the void,
and know what was above, and what below.
Seminal powers made fertile mighty forces.
Below was strength, and over it was impulse.

But, after all, who knows, and who can say
Whence it all came, and how creation happened?
the gods themselves are later than creation,
so who knows truly whence it has arisen?

Whence all creation had its origin,
he, whether he fashioned it or whether he did not,
he, who surveys it all from highest heaven,
he knows - or maybe even he does not know.
KaulDeva
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 2:04:01 PM
At 11/22/2016 12:45:25 PM, Willows wrote:

In Hindu monotheism, the concept of God varies from one sect to another. Hinduism (by its nature as a regional rather than a doctrinal religious category) is not exclusively monotheistic, and has been described as spanning a wide range of henotheism, monotheism, polytheism, panentheism, pantheism, pandeism, monism, atheism and nontheism etc

See there are many versions of God .
Just like there are many versions of Multiverse and other Science theories .
KaulDeva
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 2:10:53 PM
At 11/22/2016 12:44:02 PM, bulproof wrote:

See what happened there?

In Hinduism, Brahman is the one supreme, universal Spirit that is the origin and support of the phenomenal universe. Brahman is sometimes referred to as the Absolute or Godhead. Brahman is conceived as personal ("with qualities"), impersonal ("without qualities") and/or supreme depending on the philosophical school.

The Isha Upanishad says:

Aum " That supreme Brahman is infinite, and this conditioned Brahman is infinite. The infinite proceeds from infinite. If you subtract the infinite from the infinite, the infinite remains alone.

Brahman is a Vedic Sanskrit word, and is conceptualized in Hinduism, states Paul Deussen, as the "creative principle which lies realized in the whole world"

In the Upanishads, it has been variously described asbeing-consciousness-bliss and as the unchanging, permanent, highest reality .
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 3:16:11 PM

Response: Some religions fit that description but not all. Allah (God) has prescribed a way of life and a religion to follow, which is Islam.
KaulDeva
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 3:25:45 PM
At 11/22/2016 3:16:11 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: Some religions fit that description but not all. Allah (God) has prescribed a way of life and a religion to follow, which is Islam.

Do you agree to this notion that :

2 types of Islam exist in modern world :

Allah's Islam , which is pure ,
Mullah's Islam which is impure and cruel .

<>_<>
Silly_Billy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 3:31:11 PM

Damn, you are proof of KaulDeva's point. I submit that your responses are evidence of religion (in your case the Islam) making a mockery of God. Your responses are the pinnacle of that mockery as the logic of your responses are generally so twisted and insane that they are an insult to intelligence which, by the fact that God is intelligence supreme, is a supreme insult to God and thus a mockery to what God is, namely intelligence. And the fact that you proclaim to be doing this in his name is adding injury to insult!
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 3:47:52 PM

Try telling the truth, it was Muhammad who prescribed Islam.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 3:54:59 PM

Have religions made a mockery of God? Almost undoubtedly

Have [religious leaders] used God as bait to bind humans to [old ideas]? Undoubtedly

Using God as a means to political, economic, and social gains...Undoubtedly.

This is the reason for many of the protestant faiths we see today in Christianity. Can't speak for any others.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 5:16:01 PM
At 11/22/2016 3:25:45 PM, KaulDeva wrote:

Do you agree to this notion that :

2 types of Islam exist in modern world :

Allah's Islam , which is pure ,
Mullah's Islam which is impure and cruel .

<>_<>
Response: I agree that there is only one Islam from Allah, which is pure but people interpret it many ways and distort it. Just like they do with all religions.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 5:20:54 PM
At 11/22/2016 3:31:11 PM, Silly_Billy wrote:

Damn, you are proof of KaulDeva's point. I submit that your responses are evidence of religion (in your case the Islam) making a mockery of God. Your responses are the pinnacle of that mockery as the logic of your responses are generally so twisted and insane that they are an insult to intelligence which, by the fact that God is intelligence supreme, is a supreme insult to God and thus a mockery to what God is, namely intelligence. And the fact that you proclaim to be doing this in his name is adding injury to insult!

Response: And yet we find the delusion in your posts and not the other way around.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 5:23:32 PM

Can we call Santa Clause a GOD?
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 5:24:14 PM
At 11/22/2016 3:47:52 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Try telling the truth, it was Muhammad who prescribed Islam.

Response: Try presenting evidence. other than the fact that you have none for anything you claim.
Silly_Billy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 5:38:02 PM
At 11/22/2016 5:20:54 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 11/22/2016 3:31:11 PM, Silly_Billy wrote:

Response: And yet we find the delusion in your posts and not the other way around.

Thank you for proving my point once again.
KaulDeva
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 5:40:39 PM
At 11/22/2016 5:23:32 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Can we call Santa Clause a GOD?

Good question and one which is being raised in my Society .

There is a Guy called Sai , who is revered as Deity Saint by Muslims , Hindus , Sikhs etc . But his organization is printing books and showing him as incarnation of Vishnu and Creator himself . This has made Hindu Vedic and Puranic saints angry .

https://en.wikipedia.org...

But rationalists and liberals Hindus say , Let them believe in it . If one has faith in Stone , then that Stone carries an essence of God . Faith is personal . No third party is allowed to interfere in matters of Deity and his Devotee .