Jump to topic:

Is religion for the weak?

FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 5:18:15 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
It seems to me that the poorer the country, the more religious the people of that country are. Science has advanced us to the moon and beyond while religion has kept us oppressed for hundreds of years. I believe religion is a crutch, a support for people who don't have much, the poor, people with mental illness, people with depression, people who can't cope with issues in their lives. They fall back on religion for support. Science has shown us things that are documented, space atoms, nuclear technology, computers, where the religious person it's all about the belief.

The weak all seem to be religious
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 5:21:38 PM
At 11/22/2016 5:18:15 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
It seems to me that the poorer the country, the more religious the people of that country are. Science has advanced us to the moon and beyond while religion has kept us oppressed for hundreds of years. I believe religion is a crutch, a support for people who don't have much, the poor, people with mental illness, people with depression, people who can't cope with issues in their lives. They fall back on religion for support. Science has shown us things that are documented, space atoms, nuclear technology, computers, where the religious person it's all about the belief.

For everyone who requires salvation and paradise in hereafter. The poor people tend to be not arrogant, that's why they are easier to accept the religion.
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 5:30:39 PM

I'm puzzled by what you think this observation implies. Yes, religion is often the last refuge for the weak and the hopeless. But if science is such a fountain of strength and wisdom, then why are there still so many weak and oppressed people in the world? Why hasn't science taught us to stop exploiting and abusing each other? Why hasn't logic shown us that selfishness is ultimately counterproductive, even for ourselves? If the ungodly are so wise, why are they so often the oppressors? Do you think the members of the global 'billionaires club' are religious? I'll wager not a one of them is, and yet they are directly responsible for the suffering of millions of their fellow human beings.

So what is the point of your observation, here? To blame the weak for being weak? And the ignorant for being ignorant? And thereby to glorify the clever and ungodly exploiters and abusers of the world?
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 5:41:20 PM
For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble; but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are, But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption,so that, just as it is written, "LET HIM WHO BOASTS, BOAST IN THE LORD." (1 Corinthians: 26-31 (NASB)

* God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise*

It seems the OP is only doing what he knows how to do. A frivolous conformity lacking of benevolence and etiquette, becomes the character of the arrogant atheist.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 6:38:41 PM
At 11/22/2016 5:41:20 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble; but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are, But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption,so that, just as it is written, "LET HIM WHO BOASTS, BOAST IN THE LORD." (1 Corinthians: 26-31 (NASB)

It seems the OP is only doing what he knows how to do. A frivolous conformity lacking of benevolence and etiquette, becomes the character of the arrogant atheist.

Unfortunately the world is run by money and greed. That is the human nature. But the atheists at least can recognize that and find viable solutions to global problems instead of praying to nothing on their knees.
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 7:39:29 PM
To me, you could broaden this question to, "Are coping resources for the weak?"

Religion is a coping resource. It's not one I use, but I have plenty of my own. Profanity, wine, obsessive playing of videogames, and of course, addiction to the internet, which includes typing away on a debate forum that the productive world would consider a time waste.

Am I weak for leaning on these?
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 8:11:46 PM
At 11/22/2016 7:39:29 PM, Casten wrote:
To me, you could broaden this question to, "Are coping resources for the weak?"

Religion is a coping resource. It's not one I use, but I have plenty of my own. Profanity, wine, obsessive playing of videogames, and of course, addiction to the internet, which includes typing away on a debate forum that the productive world would consider a time waste.

Am I weak for leaning on these?

You make a very valid point there, I rely on the same coping skills, I guess I'm weak also
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 8:22:01 PM

What are space atoms?
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 8:27:35 PM
At 11/22/2016 6:38:41 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Unfortunately the world is run by money and greed. That is the human nature. But the atheists at least can recognize that and find viable solutions to global problems instead of praying to nothing on their knees.

It has never been the nature of humanity to be run by money and greed. There was a time when the monetary system did not exist. It exists today as a means for control by the greedy powers that be. It came into control as all means for control comes to be. You must first see the false flags that deceive people into needing control. They do not need control. The controllers need the control. They want to control you so they initiated the monetary system as a means for control. They purposely hijacked pilgrimages on their religious voyages to confound their false needs for protection.

If you truly think it is in human nature to be greedy, explain to be the innocence of a child. Babies are not born greedy, they are turned into these material monsters by the various cultures of brainwashing.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 8:37:39 PM
It"s Matthew 18:3 and Jesus says, "Assuredly, I say to you, unless you change and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."

Human nature is not greedy. Human nature becomes greedy when living under the rules of the devil.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 8:43:06 PM
At 11/22/2016 8:27:35 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

It has never been the nature of humanity to be run by money and greed. There was a time when the monetary system did not exist. It exists today as a means for control by the greedy powers that be. It came into control as all means for control comes to be. You must first see the false flags that deceive people into needing control. They do not need control. The controllers need the control. They want to control you so they initiated the monetary system as a means for control. They purposely hijacked pilgrimages on their religious voyages to confound their false needs for protection.

If you truly think it is in human nature to be greedy, explain to be the innocence of a child. Babies are not born greedy, they are turned into these material monsters by the various cultures of brainwashing.

Before the monetary system, if you want to go way back to the stone age, we had colonies and they would invade other colonies, Vikings, they would rape and pillage other places for material things and power, today you can't kill without punishment but you can use corporate greed to get power. Everyone has a price, I flash enough money in front of your face I can make you do anything. Children learn greed and lying at an early age from the environment around them, also lying is a form of survival because they know they will be in trouble if they get caught, it starts at an early age.

Speaking of hijacking pilgrimages, what about the Salem witch hunt where innocent women were burned and drowned because they went against religion, why did great scholars in the middle ages have to hide because the church would prosecute them and kill them because they believed in science not religion, why are priests raping alter boys? Religious people are hypocrites, they pray on Sunday and then do their sins the rest of the week and then it's ok, you went to confession
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 8:45:08 PM
At 11/22/2016 8:37:39 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
It"s Matthew 18:3 and Jesus says, "Assuredly, I say to you, unless you change and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."

Human nature is not greedy. Human nature becomes greedy when living under the rules of the devil.

Who is the devil, does he know the Tooth Fairy, have you seen him before, or is it just another name for your bi-polar disorder
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 8:56:43 PM
At 11/22/2016 8:43:06 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Before the monetary system, if you want to go way back to the stone age, we had colonies and they would invade other colonies, Vikings, they would rape and pillage other places for material things and power, today you can't kill without punishment but you can use corporate greed to get power. Everyone has a price, I flash enough money in front of your face I can make you do anything. Children learn greed and lying at an early age from the environment around them, also lying is a form of survival because they know they will be in trouble if they get caught, it starts at an early age.

You cannot tempt me with money. I have never been motivated by money. When I get something I like, I have a tendency to give it away because I would like others to share in in its enjoyment.

Yes. Children learn greed. Children are not born with greed. Greed becomes the product of environment. The environment we live in has been cultivated by the devil.

Speaking of hijacking pilgrimages, what about the Salem witch hunt where innocent women were burned and drowned because they went against religion, why did great scholars in the middle ages have to hide because the church would prosecute them and kill them because they believed in science not religion, why are priests raping alter boys? Religious people are hypocrites, they pray on Sunday and then do their sins the rest of the week and then it's ok, you went to confession

Too many generalizations judging the virtues based on individual acts of man. Live according to the words and actions of Jesus, not by the masses of failures of others. Do not let these others set the standard. Jesus set the standard. Strive to be like the Lord.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 8:58:57 PM

Response: To the contrary, if it was not for religion, there would be no civility or advancement in science. For those who have made advancements in science base it on the foundations on discoveries and philosophies of religious people.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 8:59:13 PM
At 11/22/2016 8:45:08 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Who is the devil, does he know the Tooth Fairy, have you seen him before, or is it just another name for your bi-polar disorder

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist"
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 9:05:42 PM
At 11/22/2016 8:59:13 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist"

Seems like God did the same. You have to wonder why.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 9:16:42 PM
At 11/22/2016 9:05:42 PM, janesix wrote:

I have met the Holy Spirit, to have witnessed the inspiration of the overwhelming radiance love. And I have become freed from the aseptic virus that impinges from the entrancing stares of the one that glares, from all colors the rainbow.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 9:19:00 PM
At 11/22/2016 9:16:42 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

I have met the Holy Spirit, to have witnessed the inspiration of the overwhelming radiance love. And I have become freed from the aseptic virus that impinges from the entrancing stares of the one that glares, from all colors the rainbow.

Why doesn't the holy spirit present itself to everyone? What makes you special?
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 9:24:03 PM
At 11/22/2016 8:56:43 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

You cannot tempt me with money. I have never been motivated by money. When I get something I like, I have a tendency to give it away because I would like others to share in in its enjoyment.

Yes. Children learn greed. Children are not born with greed. Greed becomes the product of environment. The environment we live in has been cultivated by the devil.

Too many generalizations judging the virtues based on individual acts of man. Live according to the words and actions of Jesus, not by the masses of failures of others. Do not let these others set the standard. Jesus set the standard. Strive to be like the Lord.

Hey Masonic Slayer, I have a one million dollar wire transfer right here with your name on it, which I'm willing to transfer to any of your bank institutions all you have to do is say there is no God or Jesus, tempted I bet you are, everyone has a price, what is yours 2 million dollars hahaha.

I can make people dance in the middle of the street naked for enough money hahaha

Let's not fool ourselves, the world runs on money not religion, that is why the religious countries are all poor. didn't you hear, they are shutting the Vatican down because of too many scandals, something to do with molesting priests, aren't these your representatives?
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 9:29:27 PM
At 11/22/2016 9:19:00 PM, janesix wrote:

Excellent question....I think I know the answer, because delusional people with mental illness do see apparitions, I believe Son of Sam heard voices of Jesus talking to him, I don't know if he saw him, Jeffry Dahmer also did hear voices, so did Ed Gein and Bundy, notice a pattern here.......Serial Killers
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 9:30:36 PM
At 11/22/2016 9:19:00 PM, janesix wrote:

There is nothing special about me. The first time I witnessed the Holy Spirit was at time when I was under attack from some things. The second time was different. The second time was a challenge to seek out the Holy Spirit. It was a test, I suppose. The one that glares then put me through a series of tests of his own. I heard he wants me to come back and see him. Easy enough. He is easy to find. I can bring guests with me. I don't think I would do that anymore. I'm not particularly interested in going back to see him. I know he has been stippling my surroundings to regain my attention.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 9:38:01 PM
At 11/22/2016 9:24:03 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Hey Masonic Slayer, I have a one million dollar wire transfer right here with your name on it, which I'm willing to transfer to any of your bank institutions all you have to do is say there is no God or Jesus, tempted I bet you are, everyone has a price, what is yours 2 million dollars hahaha.

I can make people dance in the middle of the street naked for enough money hahaha

Let's not fool ourselves, the world runs on money not religion, that is why the religious countries are all poor. didn't you hear, they are shutting the Vatican down because of too many scandals, something to do with molesting priests, aren't these your representatives?

No they are not representative of Christianity. Jesus is Christianity. The Pope is nothing but the symbol for gold. Greedy pagan bastards
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 9:50:47 PM
At 11/22/2016 9:38:01 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

No they are not representative of Christianity. Jesus is Christianity. The Pope is nothing but the symbol for gold. Greedy pagan bastards

Care to take that to a debate?
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 9:53:19 PM
At 11/22/2016 9:50:47 PM, Geogeer wrote:

Take what to a debate?
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 10:07:53 PM
At 11/22/2016 9:53:19 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Take what to a debate?

That the Catholic Church is not representative of Christianity.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 10:18:51 PM
At 11/22/2016 10:07:53 PM, Geogeer wrote:

Take what to a debate?

You don't think the Vatican is nothing but a bunch of pagans piling up stacks of gold? I would destroy this debate kid. Have you been to the Vatican? The pagan symbols are everywhere oh unenlightened one.

https://ivarfjeld.com...

The colors red and purple are significant. These colors mean something. My colors are green and yellow. I put my colors to the test at the begining of this years test. I reached into the gumball machine that had all the seven colors present. I reached into this gumball machine twice blinded. Each time I drew out two gumball. Each time I drew one green and one yellow. My sadistic pagan friend also took the test. Twice he pulled out blinded one gumball. Both times his color came out purple. I know this means nothing to you, but that doesn't mean it doesn't mean something.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 10:21:33 PM
At 11/22/2016 10:18:51 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Take what to a debate?

You don't think the Vatican is nothing but a bunch of pagans piling up stacks of gold? I would destroy this debate kid. Have you been to the Vatican? The pagan symbols are everywhere oh unenlightened one.

The colors red and purple are significant. These colors mean something. My colors are green and yellow. I put my colors to the test at the begining of this years test. I reached into the gumball machine that had all the seven colors present. I reached into this gumball machine twice blinded. Each time I drew out two gumball. Each time I drew one green and one yellow. My sadistic pagan friend also took the test. Twice he pulled out blinded one gumball. Both times his color came out purple. I know this means nothing to you, but that doesn't mean it doesn't mean something.

Red and purple are the high and the low. The highest chakra and the lowest. It is the divide.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 10:29:14 PM
At 11/22/2016 10:21:33 PM, janesix wrote:

Take what to a debate?

Red and purple are the high and the low. The highest chakra and the lowest. It is the divide.

These colors are the colors of the marbled palace that the devil lives in.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 10:30:00 PM

Take what to a debate?

Nope I believe they are the a the successors of Peter and Paul who died there, and who preserve the teachings of Christ under the protection of the Holy Spirit.

Now I know why people think theists are superstitious.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 10:32:15 PM
At 11/22/2016 10:29:14 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 11/22/2016 10:21:33 PM, janesix wrote:

Take what to a debate?

These colors are the colors of the marbled palace that the devil lives in.

Like everything else, colors are neutral. They can represent something, but they don't belong to the thing. And representations can change.