Jump to topic:

You are a GOD

FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 8:55:40 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
Each and everyone one of us is a GOD in their universe, every decision you make is your choice and you are where you are because of it, don't blame anyone else, we all have decisions and choices to make, everything that has happened in your life is because of you and the choices you made. You are your own GOD, there is no imaginary GOD, Jesus or whatever other identity you want to call or pray to. Nobody is going to save you, there are no miracles, things don't just appear, you can't cure cancer because you prayed, things will not get better because you read a special book aka bible, you yourself need to get the will to do things, you want it you go for it, people sometimes recover from disease or accidents other times they don't, it has nothing to do with any religion or praying. I can kneel down and pray to the Tooth Fairy and things will still not change unless I make the change.

You are your own GOD, there is no other. You choose to be good or bad. You can create life or you can take it away by killing. Believe in yourself not some imaginary false hope.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 9:05:45 PM
For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble; but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are, But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption,so that, just as it is written, "LET HIM WHO BOASTS, BOAST IN THE LORD." (1 Corinthians: 26-31 (NASB)
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 9:17:27 PM
At 11/22/2016 8:55:40 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Each and everyone one of us is a GOD in their universe, every decision you make is your choice and you are where you are because of it, don't blame anyone else, we all have decisions and choices to make, everything that has happened in your life is because of you and the choices you made. You are your own GOD, there is no imaginary GOD, Jesus or whatever other identity you want to call or pray to. Nobody is going to save you, there are no miracles, things don't just appear, you can't cure cancer because you prayed, things will not get better because you read a special book aka bible, you yourself need to get the will to do things, you want it you go for it, people sometimes recover from disease or accidents other times they don't, it has nothing to do with any religion or praying. I can kneel down and pray to the Tooth Fairy and things will still not change unless I make the change.

You are your own GOD, there is no other. You choose to be good or bad. You can create life or you can take it away by killing. Believe in yourself not some imaginary false hope.

If everybody took responsibility for their own actions, this world would be a much better place.
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 10:17:20 PM

Wait. What does "don't blame anyone else" and "everything that's happened to you is because of your choices" mean, exactly? How far does that go? I mean, kids born to crack addicted parents who pimp them out for drug money aren't really in that predicament as a result of their own choices. And I hardly think they should be discouraged from holding their parents responsible. Not everything is under our control, and that's true of anyone's life. Sometimes other people's choices dictate what happens to you.

Otherwise, I agree with your whole self-empowerment, "take responsibility" thing.
cameron339
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 1:21:45 AM

I agree with you almost entirely. I prefer to use the word Authority instead of God though. I am my own authority. In other words, I own me, you own you, there is no external authority. The Christians here will have a problem understanding this though. They'll say, "you mean to tell me you think you're Yahweh?" As they have to filter everything through their religious belief system, and can never step outside of it for more than two seconds to consider another way. No I don't think I'm fu**in Yahweh, he doesn't exist. Also it is an insult to be compared to a Babylonian war god, who is the worst villain in all of literature.

Christians and theists alike can't fathom that there isn't anyone above them looking out for them, protecting them, guiding them, etc. To accept that we are on our own is too scary for them.

Just watch the Jesus freaks flood in here with all their comments about how we don't know what we are talking about, and how Jesus has done this and done that for me. Even though they can never demonstrate it to any degree. Just because you can point out things that have gone right in your life or your fellow Christians' life does not mean it is the result of answered prayer or divine intervention. It's not possible to make a connection between these happenings and God. At best you would have a correlation (huge stretch), not causation.