Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

This Forum Starves Brian Cells

Osmium
Posts: 75
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 7:15:57 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
What is wrong with you people? Can anyone not come up with something that isn't ridiculous, childish, antagonistic, or petty?

Why doesn't someone post about the possible moral implications of cryo-preserving (freezing) children so that they can (maybe) wake up in a hundred years cured of cancer, but with possible brain damage? Aren't theists worried about scientists playing God and where their souls are while they're dead popsicle children? Aren't atheists willing to defend that it doesn't matter because they have no souls and science will be able to revive them?

Are you all lying about your age and I'm actually talking to adolescents? Not that I didn't lie about my age, but I can assure you I'm old enough to have adolescent children of my own. If your a bunch of children then I'm in the wrong place. I have enough kids in my life already.

So, what the hell is even going on here?
Skeptical1
Posts: 656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 7:22:12 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/23/2016 7:15:57 AM, Osmium wrote:
What is wrong with you people? Can anyone not come up with something that isn't ridiculous, childish, antagonistic, or petty?

Why doesn't someone post about the possible moral implications of cryo-preserving (freezing) children so that they can (maybe) wake up in a hundred years cured of cancer, but with possible brain damage? Aren't theists worried about scientists playing God and where their souls are while they're dead popsicle children? Aren't atheists willing to defend that it doesn't matter because they have no souls and science will be able to revive them?

Are you all lying about your age and I'm actually talking to adolescents? Not that I didn't lie about my age, but I can assure you I'm old enough to have adolescent children of my own. If your a bunch of children then I'm in the wrong place. I have enough kids in my life already.

So, what the hell is even going on here?

I would say what the hell's going on here is someone is trying to make themselves feel smarter by belittling the intelligence of everyone else.

A couple of tips:

There are also science and philosophy forums. If you wish to discuss the ethics of science, one of those might be more appropriate.

Also, it's "you're", not "your".
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 7:23:59 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/23/2016 7:15:57 AM, Osmium wrote:
What is wrong with you people? Can anyone not come up with something that isn't ridiculous, childish, antagonistic, or petty?

Why doesn't someone post about the possible moral implications of cryo-preserving (freezing) children so that they can (maybe) wake up in a hundred years cured of cancer, but with possible brain damage? Aren't theists worried about scientists playing God and where their souls are while they're dead popsicle children? Aren't atheists willing to defend that it doesn't matter because they have no souls and science will be able to revive them?

Are you all lying about your age and I'm actually talking to adolescents? Not that I didn't lie about my age, but I can assure you I'm old enough to have adolescent children of my own. If your a bunch of children then I'm in the wrong place. I have enough kids in my life already.

So, what the hell is even going on here?
Anyone who thinks they are going to be revived has the mental faculties of a godist and should be praying 24/7 for the eventuality.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 7:25:31 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/23/2016 7:22:12 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 11/23/2016 7:15:57 AM, Osmium wrote:
What is wrong with you people? Can anyone not come up with something that isn't ridiculous, childish, antagonistic, or petty?

Why doesn't someone post about the possible moral implications of cryo-preserving (freezing) children so that they can (maybe) wake up in a hundred years cured of cancer, but with possible brain damage? Aren't theists worried about scientists playing God and where their souls are while they're dead popsicle children? Aren't atheists willing to defend that it doesn't matter because they have no souls and science will be able to revive them?

Are you all lying about your age and I'm actually talking to adolescents? Not that I didn't lie about my age, but I can assure you I'm old enough to have adolescent children of my own. If your a bunch of children then I'm in the wrong place. I have enough kids in my life already.

So, what the hell is even going on here?

I would say what the hell's going on here is someone is trying to make themselves feel smarter by belittling the intelligence of everyone else.

A couple of tips:

There are also science and philosophy forums. If you wish to discuss the ethics of science, one of those might be more appropriate.

Also, it's "you're", not "your".

And he shouldn't starve any part of Brian.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Osmium
Posts: 75
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 7:40:16 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/23/2016 7:22:12 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 11/23/2016 7:15:57 AM, Osmium wrote:
What is wrong with you people? Can anyone not come up with something that isn't ridiculous, childish, antagonistic, or petty?

Why doesn't someone post about the possible moral implications of cryo-preserving (freezing) children so that they can (maybe) wake up in a hundred years cured of cancer, but with possible brain damage? Aren't theists worried about scientists playing God and where their souls are while they're dead popsicle children? Aren't atheists willing to defend that it doesn't matter because they have no souls and science will be able to revive them?

Are you all lying about your age and I'm actually talking to adolescents? Not that I didn't lie about my age, but I can assure you I'm old enough to have adolescent children of my own. If your a bunch of children then I'm in the wrong place. I have enough kids in my life already.

So, what the hell is even going on here?

I would say what the hell's going on here is someone is trying to make themselves feel smarter by belittling the intelligence of everyone else.

A couple of tips:

There are also science and philosophy forums. If you wish to discuss the ethics of science, one of those might be more appropriate.

Also, it's "you're", not "your".

The last time I visited this forum there were intellectual atheists. A few of you are still here. But what happened? Did the children finally get their way? Or were all of theists who could actually stand up to logic get run off?

I'm very sorry if you think I tried to belittle your intelligence. That wasn't the point of my post.

And it was a damn typo. Grow up.
Skeptical1
Posts: 656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 7:47:02 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/23/2016 7:40:16 AM, Osmium wrote:
At 11/23/2016 7:22:12 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 11/23/2016 7:15:57 AM, Osmium wrote:
What is wrong with you people? Can anyone not come up with something that isn't ridiculous, childish, antagonistic, or petty?

Why doesn't someone post about the possible moral implications of cryo-preserving (freezing) children so that they can (maybe) wake up in a hundred years cured of cancer, but with possible brain damage? Aren't theists worried about scientists playing God and where their souls are while they're dead popsicle children? Aren't atheists willing to defend that it doesn't matter because they have no souls and science will be able to revive them?

Are you all lying about your age and I'm actually talking to adolescents? Not that I didn't lie about my age, but I can assure you I'm old enough to have adolescent children of my own. If your a bunch of children then I'm in the wrong place. I have enough kids in my life already.

So, what the hell is even going on here?

I would say what the hell's going on here is someone is trying to make themselves feel smarter by belittling the intelligence of everyone else.

A couple of tips:

There are also science and philosophy forums. If you wish to discuss the ethics of science, one of those might be more appropriate.

Also, it's "you're", not "your".

The last time I visited this forum there were intellectual atheists. A few of you are still here. But what happened? Did the children finally get their way? Or were all of theists who could actually stand up to logic get run off?

I'm very sorry if you think I tried to belittle your intelligence. That wasn't the point of my post.

And it was a damn typo. Grow up.

Really? You apologise and then offer another insult in the next sentence?

Yes, you'll find name calling and personal insults here. It would be better without it. The way to fix it is not with name calling and personal insults.

You're welcome.
Osmium
Posts: 75
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 8:16:35 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/23/2016 7:47:02 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 11/23/2016 7:40:16 AM, Osmium wrote:
At 11/23/2016 7:22:12 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 11/23/2016 7:15:57 AM, Osmium wrote:
What is wrong with you people? Can anyone not come up with something that isn't ridiculous, childish, antagonistic, or petty?

Why doesn't someone post about the possible moral implications of cryo-preserving (freezing) children so that they can (maybe) wake up in a hundred years cured of cancer, but with possible brain damage? Aren't theists worried about scientists playing God and where their souls are while they're dead popsicle children? Aren't atheists willing to defend that it doesn't matter because they have no souls and science will be able to revive them?

Are you all lying about your age and I'm actually talking to adolescents? Not that I didn't lie about my age, but I can assure you I'm old enough to have adolescent children of my own. If your a bunch of children then I'm in the wrong place. I have enough kids in my life already.

So, what the hell is even going on here?

I would say what the hell's going on here is someone is trying to make themselves feel smarter by belittling the intelligence of everyone else.

A couple of tips:

There are also science and philosophy forums. If you wish to discuss the ethics of science, one of those might be more appropriate.

Also, it's "you're", not "your".

The last time I visited this forum there were intellectual atheists. A few of you are still here. But what happened? Did the children finally get their way? Or were all of theists who could actually stand up to logic get run off?

I'm very sorry if you think I tried to belittle your intelligence. That wasn't the point of my post.

And it was a damn typo. Grow up.

Really? You apologise and then offer another insult in the next sentence?

Yes, you'll find name calling and personal insults here. It would be better without it. The way to fix it is not with name calling and personal insults.

You're welcome.

The first day I was on this forum a long time ago, beastt and bulproof treated me like garbage. Later, bulproof was my one true friend. I'm back, and what do I get the first week I'm here? More personal attacks. I expected it from ethang. But not you. I was actually glad to see you were still here.

I can tell you honestly... it's changed here. It's literally close to putting me to sleep. And yes, a lot of the posts are juvenile.
Skeptical1
Posts: 656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 8:27:46 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/23/2016 8:16:35 AM, Osmium wrote:
At 11/23/2016 7:47:02 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 11/23/2016 7:40:16 AM, Osmium wrote:
At 11/23/2016 7:22:12 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 11/23/2016 7:15:57 AM, Osmium wrote:
What is wrong with you people? Can anyone not come up with something that isn't ridiculous, childish, antagonistic, or petty?

Why doesn't someone post about the possible moral implications of cryo-preserving (freezing) children so that they can (maybe) wake up in a hundred years cured of cancer, but with possible brain damage? Aren't theists worried about scientists playing God and where their souls are while they're dead popsicle children? Aren't atheists willing to defend that it doesn't matter because they have no souls and science will be able to revive them?

Are you all lying about your age and I'm actually talking to adolescents? Not that I didn't lie about my age, but I can assure you I'm old enough to have adolescent children of my own. If your a bunch of children then I'm in the wrong place. I have enough kids in my life already.

So, what the hell is even going on here?

I would say what the hell's going on here is someone is trying to make themselves feel smarter by belittling the intelligence of everyone else.

A couple of tips:

There are also science and philosophy forums. If you wish to discuss the ethics of science, one of those might be more appropriate.

Also, it's "you're", not "your".

The last time I visited this forum there were intellectual atheists. A few of you are still here. But what happened? Did the children finally get their way? Or were all of theists who could actually stand up to logic get run off?

I'm very sorry if you think I tried to belittle your intelligence. That wasn't the point of my post.

And it was a damn typo. Grow up.

Really? You apologise and then offer another insult in the next sentence?

Yes, you'll find name calling and personal insults here. It would be better without it. The way to fix it is not with name calling and personal insults.

You're welcome.

The first day I was on this forum a long time ago, beastt and bulproof treated me like garbage. Later, bulproof was my one true friend. I'm back, and what do I get the first week I'm here? More personal attacks. I expected it from ethang. But not you. I was actually glad to see you were still here.

I can tell you honestly... it's changed here. It's literally close to putting me to sleep. And yes, a lot of the posts are juvenile.

Pointing out it's not nice to tar everyone with the same broad brush of "adolescents" and "children" is not exactly a personal attack. I don't have any desire to fight with you.
janesix
Posts: 3,443
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 8:50:35 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/23/2016 7:15:57 AM, Osmium wrote:
What is wrong with you people? Can anyone not come up with something that isn't ridiculous, childish, antagonistic, or petty?

Why doesn't someone post about the possible moral implications of cryo-preserving (freezing) children so that they can (maybe) wake up in a hundred years cured of cancer, but with possible brain damage? Aren't theists worried about scientists playing God and where their souls are while they're dead popsicle children? Aren't atheists willing to defend that it doesn't matter because they have no souls and science will be able to revive them?

Are you all lying about your age and I'm actually talking to adolescents? Not that I didn't lie about my age, but I can assure you I'm old enough kto have adolescent children of my own. If your a bunch of children then I'm in the wrong place. I have enough kids in my life already.

So, what the hell is even going on here?
When you feel your brain cells dying, go lie down for a half hour to an hour. The horizontal position will make the oxygenated blood get to your brain easier.
dee-em
Posts: 6,451
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 12:06:07 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/23/2016 8:16:35 AM, Osmium wrote:

The first day I was on this forum a long time ago, beastt and bulproof treated me like garbage. Later, bulproof was my one true friend. I'm back, and what do I get the first week I'm here? More personal attacks. I expected it from ethang. But not you. I was actually glad to see you were still here.

I can tell you honestly... it's changed here. It's literally close to putting me to sleep. And yes, a lot of the posts are juvenile.

Is that you jodybirdy?
Silly_Billy
Posts: 641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 12:19:13 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/23/2016 7:15:57 AM, Osmium wrote:
What is wrong with you people? Can anyone not come up with something that isn't ridiculous, childish, antagonistic, or petty?

Why doesn't someone post about the possible moral implications of cryo-preserving (freezing) children so that they can (maybe) wake up in a hundred years cured of cancer, but with possible brain damage? Aren't theists worried about scientists playing God and where their souls are while they're dead popsicle children? Aren't atheists willing to defend that it doesn't matter because they have no souls and science will be able to revive them?

I dont realy see what moral implications there would be considering that the child in question chose for this procedure herself AND would have died if she had not chosen for this procedure. Why would it matter that she was still a child? If she had been an adult, would that have changed the moral implications of the choice she made?


Are you all lying about your age and I'm actually talking to adolescents? Not that I didn't lie about my age, but I can assure you I'm old enough to have adolescent children of my own. If your a bunch of children then I'm in the wrong place. I have enough kids in my life already.

So, what the hell is even going on here?

Good question. I think that there had been a Theist vs Atheist uprising in which the two worldviews colided in such a way that it spiraled downwards to brawling into the gutters. The cause of this i think is not only that there are two opposing worldviews, but also two differend incompatible styles of thinking with both sides argueing the issues from their own style, which causes additional friction and the misguided belief (on both sided) that they are winning the arguments because they would be winning according to the style that they are using. And this causes even more friction because it is very irritating to win an argument while the opposing side keeps on insisting that you lost.
tarantula
Posts: 850
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 12:26:15 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/23/2016 7:15:57 AM, Osmium wrote:
What is wrong with you people? Can anyone not come up with something that isn't ridiculous, childish, antagonistic, or petty?

Why doesn't someone post about the possible moral implications of cryo-preserving (freezing) children so that they can (maybe) wake up in a hundred years cured of cancer, but with possible brain damage? Aren't theists worried about scientists playing God and where their souls are while they're dead popsicle children? Aren't atheists willing to defend that it doesn't matter because they have no souls and science will be able to revive them?

Are you all lying about your age and I'm actually talking to adolescents? Not that I didn't lie about my age, but I can assure you I'm old enough to have adolescent children of my own. If your a bunch of children then I'm in the wrong place. I have enough kids in my life already.

So, what the hell is even going on here?

Temper, temper, LOL!
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 12:44:46 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/23/2016 8:16:35 AM, Osmium wrote:
At 11/23/2016 7:47:02 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 11/23/2016 7:40:16 AM, Osmium wrote:
At 11/23/2016 7:22:12 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 11/23/2016 7:15:57 AM, Osmium wrote:
What is wrong with you people? Can anyone not come up with something that isn't ridiculous, childish, antagonistic, or petty?

Why doesn't someone post about the possible moral implications of cryo-preserving (freezing) children so that they can (maybe) wake up in a hundred years cured of cancer, but with possible brain damage? Aren't theists worried about scientists playing God and where their souls are while they're dead popsicle children? Aren't atheists willing to defend that it doesn't matter because they have no souls and science will be able to revive them?

Are you all lying about your age and I'm actually talking to adolescents? Not that I didn't lie about my age, but I can assure you I'm old enough to have adolescent children of my own. If your a bunch of children then I'm in the wrong place. I have enough kids in my life already.

So, what the hell is even going on here?

I would say what the hell's going on here is someone is trying to make themselves feel smarter by belittling the intelligence of everyone else.

A couple of tips:

There are also science and philosophy forums. If you wish to discuss the ethics of science, one of those might be more appropriate.

Also, it's "you're", not "your".

The last time I visited this forum there were intellectual atheists. A few of you are still here. But what happened? Did the children finally get their way? Or were all of theists who could actually stand up to logic get run off?

I'm very sorry if you think I tried to belittle your intelligence. That wasn't the point of my post.

And it was a damn typo. Grow up.

Really? You apologise and then offer another insult in the next sentence?

Yes, you'll find name calling and personal insults here. It would be better without it. The way to fix it is not with name calling and personal insults.

You're welcome.

The first day I was on this forum a long time ago, beastt and bulproof treated me like garbage. Later, bulproof was my one true friend. I'm back, and what do I get the first week I'm here? More personal attacks. I expected it from ethang. But not you. I was actually glad to see you were still here.

I can tell you honestly... it's changed here. It's literally close to putting me to sleep. And yes, a lot of the posts are juvenile.
I see I owe you another apology "J" for my attitude of see a head and kick it, forgive me?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Osmium
Posts: 75
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 6:28:48 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/23/2016 7:25:31 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/23/2016 7:22:12 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 11/23/2016 7:15:57 AM, Osmium wrote:
What is wrong with you people? Can anyone not come up with something that isn't ridiculous, childish, antagonistic, or petty?

Why doesn't someone post about the possible moral implications of cryo-preserving (freezing) children so that they can (maybe) wake up in a hundred years cured of cancer, but with possible brain damage? Aren't theists worried about scientists playing God and where their souls are while they're dead popsicle children? Aren't atheists willing to defend that it doesn't matter because they have no souls and science will be able to revive them?

Are you all lying about your age and I'm actually talking to adolescents? Not that I didn't lie about my age, but I can assure you I'm old enough to have adolescent children of my own. If your a bunch of children then I'm in the wrong place. I have enough kids in my life already.

So, what the hell is even going on here?

I would say what the hell's going on here is someone is trying to make themselves feel smarter by belittling the intelligence of everyone else.

A couple of tips:

There are also science and philosophy forums. If you wish to discuss the ethics of science, one of those might be more appropriate.

Also, it's "you're", not "your".

And he shouldn't starve any part of Brian.

Point in case. Haha!
Osmium
Posts: 75
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 6:34:59 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/23/2016 12:44:46 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/23/2016 8:16:35 AM, Osmium wrote:
At 11/23/2016 7:47:02 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 11/23/2016 7:40:16 AM, Osmium wrote:
At 11/23/2016 7:22:12 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 11/23/2016 7:15:57 AM, Osmium wrote:
What is wrong with you people? Can anyone not come up with something that isn't ridiculous, childish, antagonistic, or petty?

Why doesn't someone post about the possible moral implications of cryo-preserving (freezing) children so that they can (maybe) wake up in a hundred years cured of cancer, but with possible brain damage? Aren't theists worried about scientists playing God and where their souls are while they're dead popsicle children? Aren't atheists willing to defend that it doesn't matter because they have no souls and science will be able to revive them?

Are you all lying about your age and I'm actually talking to adolescents? Not that I didn't lie about my age, but I can assure you I'm old enough to have adolescent children of my own. If your a bunch of children then I'm in the wrong place. I have enough kids in my life already.

So, what the hell is even going on here?

I would say what the hell's going on here is someone is trying to make themselves feel smarter by belittling the intelligence of everyone else.

A couple of tips:

There are also science and philosophy forums. If you wish to discuss the ethics of science, one of those might be more appropriate.

Also, it's "you're", not "your".

The last time I visited this forum there were intellectual atheists. A few of you are still here. But what happened? Did the children finally get their way? Or were all of theists who could actually stand up to logic get run off?

I'm very sorry if you think I tried to belittle your intelligence. That wasn't the point of my post.

And it was a damn typo. Grow up.

Really? You apologise and then offer another insult in the next sentence?

Yes, you'll find name calling and personal insults here. It would be better without it. The way to fix it is not with name calling and personal insults.

You're welcome.

The first day I was on this forum a long time ago, beastt and bulproof treated me like garbage. Later, bulproof was my one true friend. I'm back, and what do I get the first week I'm here? More personal attacks. I expected it from ethang. But not you. I was actually glad to see you were still here.

I can tell you honestly... it's changed here. It's literally close to putting me to sleep. And yes, a lot of the posts are juvenile.
I see I owe you another apology "J" for my attitude of see a head and kick it, forgive me?

I'll always forgive you.
Osmium
Posts: 75
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 6:44:57 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/23/2016 12:06:07 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 11/23/2016 8:16:35 AM, Osmium wrote:

The first day I was on this forum a long time ago, beastt and bulproof treated me like garbage. Later, bulproof was my one true friend. I'm back, and what do I get the first week I'm here? More personal attacks. I expected it from ethang. But not you. I was actually glad to see you were still here.

I can tell you honestly... it's changed here. It's literally close to putting me to sleep. And yes, a lot of the posts are juvenile.

Is that you jodybirdy?

I'm a terrible liar. Never use a spam email account that you forgot your password to for a site you might want to visit again.
Benshapiro
Posts: 3,952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 6:53:49 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
I'm sorry, I just can't help but point out the comic irony in misspelling "brain" cells.
mrsatan
Posts: 418
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 7:37:58 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/23/2016 7:15:57 AM, Osmium wrote:
What is wrong with you people? Can anyone not come up with something that isn't ridiculous, childish, antagonistic, or petty?

Why doesn't someone post about the possible moral implications of cryo-preserving (freezing) children so that they can (maybe) wake up in a hundred years cured of cancer, but with possible brain damage? Aren't theists worried about scientists playing God and where their souls are while they're dead popsicle children? Aren't atheists willing to defend that it doesn't matter because they have no souls and science will be able to revive them?

Are you all lying about your age and I'm actually talking to adolescents? Not that I didn't lie about my age, but I can assure you I'm old enough to have adolescent children of my own. If your a bunch of children then I'm in the wrong place. I have enough kids in my life already.

So, what the hell is even going on here?

You're someone, aren't you? Where does a thread complaining about the quality of threads get anybody? It falls into the same categories as all the threads you're complaining about. Very self-defeating.

If you're unsatisfied with the threads in this forum, then be proactive about it and start your own.
To say one has free will, to have chosen other than they did, is to say they have will over their will... Will over the will they have over their will... Will over the will they have over the will they have over their will, etc... It's utter nonsense.
Osmium
Posts: 75
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 8:35:19 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/23/2016 7:37:58 PM, mrsatan wrote:
At 11/23/2016 7:15:57 AM, Osmium wrote:
What is wrong with you people? Can anyone not come up with something that isn't ridiculous, childish, antagonistic, or petty?

Why doesn't someone post about the possible moral implications of cryo-preserving (freezing) children so that they can (maybe) wake up in a hundred years cured of cancer, but with possible brain damage? Aren't theists worried about scientists playing God and where their souls are while they're dead popsicle children? Aren't atheists willing to defend that it doesn't matter because they have no souls and science will be able to revive them?

Are you all lying about your age and I'm actually talking to adolescents? Not that I didn't lie about my age, but I can assure you I'm old enough to have adolescent children of my own. If your a bunch of children then I'm in the wrong place. I have enough kids in my life already.

So, what the hell is even going on here?

You're someone, aren't you? Where does a thread complaining about the quality of threads get anybody? It falls into the same categories as all the threads you're complaining about. Very self-defeating.

I can't argue with that.

If you're unsatisfied with the threads in this forum, then be proactive about it and start your own.
dee-em
Posts: 6,451
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 9:49:26 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/23/2016 6:44:57 PM, Osmium wrote:
At 11/23/2016 12:06:07 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 11/23/2016 8:16:35 AM, Osmium wrote:

The first day I was on this forum a long time ago, beastt and bulproof treated me like garbage. Later, bulproof was my one true friend. I'm back, and what do I get the first week I'm here? More personal attacks. I expected it from ethang. But not you. I was actually glad to see you were still here.

I can tell you honestly... it's changed here. It's literally close to putting me to sleep. And yes, a lot of the posts are juvenile.

Is that you jodybirdy?

I'm a terrible liar. Never use a spam email account that you forgot your password to for a site you might want to visit again.

It probably doesn't matter. When I click on your old account I get a site error. It seems to be corrupted. Welcome back Jody.
ethang5
Posts: 4,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 12:01:15 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/23/2016 7:15:57 AM, Osmium wrote:
What is wrong with you people? Can anyone not come up with something that isn't ridiculous, childish, antagonistic, or petty?

Why doesn't someone post about the possible moral implications of cryo-preserving (freezing) children so that they can (maybe) wake up in a hundred years cured of cancer, but with possible brain damage? Aren't theists worried about scientists playing God and where their souls are while they're dead popsicle children? Aren't atheists willing to defend that it doesn't matter because they have no souls and science will be able to revive them?

Are you all lying about your age and I'm actually talking to adolescents? Not that I didn't lie about my age, but I can assure you I'm old enough to have adolescent children of my own. If your a bunch of children then I'm in the wrong place. I have enough kids in my life already.

So, what the hell is even going on here?

So you came here, got attacked by atheists straight away, but you will forgave them? You says bully attacked you the first time you came here, he attacked you again now, he explains it as, "see a head, kick it". But he's ok?

Hasn't he repeatedly shown the exact behavior you're complaining about? But as soon as he found out you're an atheist, he apologized and you forgave. So obviously it was not your argument or the content of your post he first objected to.

You are the problem with the board. Your behavior encourages, condones, and enables the behavior your post seemingly condemns. Trolls ruin the board, but if the troll is your pal, well then, you pull him up on your moral high horse with you.

"You expected it from Ethang" - Why? Ethan never attacks first. Ethan never uses vulgarity. Ethan doesn't bully. Bully does, but yet you did not "expect" it from bully. Though he has done it to you before. You probably won't see the blatant bias in play there but that is the answer to the question in your post.

What's going on here?

You are.
Osmium
Posts: 75
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2016 8:53:42 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/24/2016 12:01:15 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 11/23/2016 7:15:57 AM, Osmium wrote:
What is wrong with you people? Can anyone not come up with something that isn't ridiculous, childish, antagonistic, or petty?

Why doesn't someone post about the possible moral implications of cryo-preserving (freezing) children so that they can (maybe) wake up in a hundred years cured of cancer, but with possible brain damage? Aren't theists worried about scientists playing God and where their souls are while they're dead popsicle children? Aren't atheists willing to defend that it doesn't matter because they have no souls and science will be able to revive them?

Are you all lying about your age and I'm actually talking to adolescents? Not that I didn't lie about my age, but I can assure you I'm old enough to have adolescent children of my own. If your a bunch of children then I'm in the wrong place. I have enough kids in my life already.

So, what the hell is even going on here?

So you came here, got attacked by atheists straight away, but you will forgave them? You says bully attacked you the first time you came here, he attacked you again now, he explains it as, "see a head, kick it". But he's ok?

Hasn't he repeatedly shown the exact behavior you're complaining about? But as soon as he found out you're an atheist, he apologized and you forgave. So obviously it was not your argument or the content of your post he first objected to.

You are the problem with the board. Your behavior encourages, condones, and enables the behavior your post seemingly condemns. Trolls ruin the board, but if the troll is your pal, well then, you pull him up on your moral high horse with you.

"You expected it from Ethang" - Why? Ethan never attacks first. Ethan never uses vulgarity. Ethan doesn't bully. Bully does, but yet you did not "expect" it from bully. Though he has done it to you before. You probably won't see the blatant bias in play there but that is the answer to the question in your post.

What's going on here?

You are.

No, I DID expect it from bulproof. He can be rough. I like him for that. I actually have respect for you as well, Ethan.

I always forgive. Holding grudges for what people say here gets me nowhere but bitter.

So what do you think about freezing children so that they can be thawed out later, hopefully brought back from the dead, and healed of cancer? Most scientists believe they will likely have brain damage and have no memory even if they succeed in reviving them. Their families will probably be dead. Do you think it's moral? If they have souls, where do they go? Surely not in the freezer with their bodies.