Total Posts:5|Showing Posts:1-5
Jump to topic:

How to find nearby atheist churches/groups?

Stupidape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 11:49:05 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
I miss the sense of community that a church can bring, yet there doesn't seem to be anywhere near the amount of atheist churches/groups as main stream religion. Any advice?
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 12:20:12 AM
At 11/23/2016 11:49:05 PM, Stupidape wrote:
I miss the sense of community that a church can bring, yet there doesn't seem to be anywhere near the amount of atheist churches/groups as main stream religion. Any advice?

As far as I can tell your in one on this board.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 12:31:49 AM

Google atheists groups for your area. I found 8 in a couple seconds for my area. But i live in the pacific northwest where there are a lot of atheists.
Osmium
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 7:26:45 AM

I just learned something new. Wow. I Googled it and there really are atheist churches. I find this wildly strange. I can't believe I've never searched this before. Now I have questions. Please don't take this wrong. I'm an agnostic. I'm not here to discredit anyone for their beliefs. I just have to know why a group of atheists call themselves a church? Doesn't that go against a fundamental part of being atheist?
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 1:23:32 PM

Once again.....atheism is not a belief and atheists do not hang out with each other revelling in the glow of atheism.

That said, what's wrong with sports groups, charity groups and plain old, going down to the pub?

It sure beats going to church where everyone stands around with a cup of tea with forced smiles on their faces telling each other how self-righteous they are.
Sense of community?.....the only sense that church-goers have is a sense of themselves and how wonderfully the sun shines out of them.