Jump to topic:

can God create another God?

lightseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 9:35:21 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
Okay. I've tried to answer this question as good as I can. give your opinions if you have something to add.

1- If a being is created, it will be a creature, and what is a creature, is not God. therefor the assumption of a created God has a contradiction in itself.

So the meaning of this question, is whether God can created a God which is not a God? and it's obvious that this question itself is contradictory.

2 God is pure existence. So this question means whether a pure existence, can create another pure existence so that there are two pure existences simultaneously.

But the assumption of having two pure existence, is a contradictory assumption. Because when two pure existences is assumed, the existence of each one will be bound to another. And being bound, is contradictory to being pure. therefor the assumption of two Gods, requires assuming that each one of them are then pure (absolute) and at the same time bound together.

3 God means unlimited existence. And the realization of two unlimited existence leads to a contradiction. if both of them superpose completely, then they are only one, and if they don't, then it means there is a boundary between them; and something that's bound and limited is not unlimited. Therefore, the assumption of two unlimited existence existing simultaneously is contradictory.

4 God is existence and other things are manifestations. and to create means to give existence. so, for God to create another God, means for existence to give existence to existence, which is meaningless. it's the manifestations which can exist and not exist, and therefor can be given existence to.
Silly_Billy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 9:41:39 PM
At 11/24/2016 9:35:21 PM, lightseeker wrote:
Okay. I've tried to answer this question as good as I can. give your opinions if you have something to add.

1- If a being is created, it will be a creature, and what is a creature, is not God. therefor the assumption of a created God has a contradiction in itself.

So the meaning of this question, is whether God can created a God which is not a God? and it's obvious that this question itself is contradictory.

2 God is pure existence. So this question means whether a pure existence, can create another pure existence so that there are two pure existences simultaneously.

But the assumption of having two pure existence, is a contradictory assumption. Because when two pure existences is assumed, the existence of each one will be bound to another. And being bound, is contradictory to being pure. therefor the assumption of two Gods, requires assuming that each one of them are then pure (absolute) and at the same time bound together.

3 God means unlimited existence. And the realization of two unlimited existence leads to a contradiction. if both of them superpose completely, then they are only one, and if they don't, then it means there is a boundary between them; and something that's bound and limited is not unlimited. Therefore, the assumption of two unlimited existence existing simultaneously is contradictory.

4 God is existence and other things are manifestations. and to create means to give existence. so, for God to create another God, means for existence to give existence to existence, which is meaningless. it's the manifestations which can exist and not exist, and therefor can be given existence to.

I would say yes for one simple reason, if God exists, then he himself was created by an even earlier God who in turn was created by an earlier God who in turn was created by earlier etc etc etc, for all eternity. The God that exists today (if any) would be the pinacle of the previous universe's evolution just as mankind or some species in our universe will eventually evolve to become the pinacle of this Universe's evolution and the next Universe's creator God.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2016 5:25:41 AM
At 11/24/2016 9:35:21 PM, lightseeker wrote:

With some sleight of hand, you went from creating a god to creating a creature. There is no contradiction, only one you have artificially manufactured by corrupting the original question. If God can only create non-god creatures then the question is moot and it makes God impotent not omnipotent.

What? A god which is not a god? You make no sense.

No, that is you springing on us an esoteric definition for God which someone may or may not accept. I don't accept it.

See above. No-one accepts your self-serving definition of God as "pure existence", whatever that means.

3 God means unlimited existence.

Same trick as in 2.

And the realization of two unlimited existence leads to a contradiction. if both of them superpose completely, then they are only one, and if they don't, then it means there is a boundary between them; and something that's bound and limited is not unlimited. Therefore, the assumption of two unlimited existence existing simultaneously is contradictory.

All based on contrived definitions and attributes for God. I suggest you try again and this time start by defining God in a clear and concise way. You need to get agreement that your definition is acceptable and then you can proceed, only once your premise has approval.