strongest person

lightseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 8:11:11 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
who is the strongest?

according to our teachings, the strongest is he who overcomes his sinful lust and anger.

if you can say no to adultery, to misplaced rage, to stealing, to drinking alcohol, to smoking ... when you can do them and no one but you can know about it, then you are strong.

if you can calm your anger when dealing with those weaker than you and not abuse your power or authority, then you're strong.

if you can forgive while having power over the one who has caused you harm, then you are strong.

otherwise ...

we have a saying that goes like this:

God knew donkey, and therefor didn't give it horns.
Silly_Billy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 8:27:58 PM
At 11/29/2016 8:11:11 PM, lightseeker wrote:
who is the strongest?

according to our teachings, the strongest is he who overcomes his sinful lust and anger.

if you can say no to adultery, to misplaced rage, to stealing, to drinking alcohol, to smoking ... when you can do them and no one but you can know about it, then you are strong.

if you can calm your anger when dealing with those weaker than you and not abuse your power or authority, then you're strong.

if you can forgive while having power over the one who has caused you harm, then you are strong.

otherwise ...

The strongest person is the person who can be the best of us without there being a need for the punishment/reward system provided by religion.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 8:30:09 PM
who is the strongest?

otherwise ...

But God did give the donkey horns.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 8:47:24 PM
who is the strongest?

Agreed.

Disagree. I don't believe in marriage. "Misplaced rage" agreed. Stealing to live is okay. Drinking and doing other substances is okay as long as you remain the one in control. You are actually stronger for tasting the magic and keeping it under your control over never trying it and staying away.

Agreed.

Agreed.

otherwise ...

MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 9:04:02 PM
who is the strongest?

otherwise ...

I know people who have never had a drink in their lives. They would say they are stronger than those that drink. I see this as their weakness. They are too afraid of having a drink because they fear becoming an alcoholic. Perhaps their parents were alcoholics. Yet drinking occasional wine is healthy for you. I can drink a glass of wine and stop before I get drunk. I don't like to become drunk. I haven't been drunk since my army days. Should I consider my self weak because I enjoy the benefits of wine that also enhance the flavors of foods? when the proper wine for the meal is associated. I do not think so. Instead I think anyone unable to venture past the borders of mundane restrictions because they feel this becomes the plight to no return, should now reexamine what a weakness truly is. If you live in a society that keeps women covered head to toes because showing skin incited an apocalypse of lust, maybe it's because you live in a weakened society of horny toads that cannot suppress their desires. On the flip, if you are a woman whom needs to show skin to make you appear more attractive, perhaps you've become as weak as the guys flexing beach muscles in front of the mirror. A person's mind can overcome anything. You just have to put it to the test before you can judge the weakness of others.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 5:25:23 AM
At 11/29/2016 9:04:02 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
who is the strongest?

otherwise ...

I know people who have never had a drink in their lives. They would say they are stronger than those that drink. I see this as their weakness. They are too afraid of having a drink because they fear becoming an alcoholic. Perhaps their parents were alcoholics. Yet drinking occasional wine is healthy for you. I can drink a glass of wine and stop before I get drunk. I don't like to become drunk. I haven't been drunk since my army days. Should I consider my self weak because I enjoy the benefits of wine that also enhance the flavors of foods? when the proper wine for the meal is associated. I do not think so. Instead I think anyone unable to venture past the borders of mundane restrictions because they feel this becomes the plight to no return, should now reexamine what a weakness truly is. If you live in a society that keeps women covered head to toes because showing skin incited an apocalypse of lust, maybe it's because you live in a weakened society of horny toads that cannot suppress their desires. On the flip, if you are a woman whom needs to show skin to make you appear more attractive, perhaps you've become as weak as the guys flexing beach muscles in front of the mirror. A person's mind can overcome anything. You just have to put it to the test before you can judge the weakness of others.

Well said!
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 3:55:43 PM
who is the strongest?

Those who don't follow barbaric, uncivilized ancient myths and superstitions that teach people to lie and kill in order to defend the very same myths and superstitions.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth