Jump to topic:

Sexual abuse perpetrated by theists!

tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 11:47:03 AM
Posted: 1 day ago
Here in the UK sexual abuse perpetrated by famous people has been headline news for a few years now. The latest revelations are about young footballers (soccer) being abused. I think it a subject worth discussing on this forum with emphasis on abusers who claim to be religious. The Catholic church is of course in the forefront where sexual abuse is concerned, but sexual abuse is rife among other Christian denominations too.

I won't pretend my story has left me with any lasting damage, as it isn't nearly as serious as that of many, but it wasn't pleasant at the time. The pastor of the Pentecostal church I attended when young, would stroke my upper thigh when driving me home from the mid week youth meeting when I was 14!

When I was 18 ( still under the age of majority then) an uncle by marriage (a 'born again' Christian) stripped naked, and dragged me to his bed, and tried to have sex with me. I reckon all these years later his bits still tingle after the kicking I gave him.

I wonder if any posters on this forum have been abused when young, and would be willing to share their stories with us?
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2016 3:18:47 PM
Posted: 20 hours ago
I am just bumping this topic up in case there is anyone who would like to reply to it, if not I will let it die.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2016 2:37:58 AM
Posted: 9 hours ago
At 12/2/2016 3:18:47 PM, tarantula wrote:
I am just bumping this topic up in case there is anyone who would like to reply to it, if not I will let it die.

People like that come from all walks of life and belief systems. The world is a far more F^cked up place than any of us can imagine. Often people of that ilk try to quell their desires by grabbing on to religion in some manner, Maybe they believe it will stop or suppress them.
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2016 8:53:39 AM
Posted: 2 hours ago
At 12/3/2016 2:37:58 AM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 12/2/2016 3:18:47 PM, tarantula wrote:

People like that come from all walks of life and belief systems. The world is a far more F^cked up place than any of us can imagine. Often people of that ilk try to quell their desires by grabbing on to religion in some manner, Maybe they believe it will stop or suppress them.

The perverts who are clergy find their occupation gives them many opportunities to exercise their sick perversion!
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2016 10:32:45 AM
Posted: 1 hour ago
At 12/1/2016 11:47:03 AM, tarantula wrote:
Here in the UK sexual abuse perpetrated by famous people has been headline news for a few years now. The latest revelations are about young footballers (soccer) being abused. I think it a subject worth discussing on this forum with emphasis on abusers who claim to be religious. The Catholic church is of course in the forefront where sexual abuse is concerned, but sexual abuse is rife among other Christian denominations too.

I won't pretend my story has left me with any lasting damage, as it isn't nearly as serious as that of many, but it wasn't pleasant at the time. The pastor of the Pentecostal church I attended when young, would stroke my upper thigh when driving me home from the mid week youth meeting when I was 14!

When I was 18 ( still under the age of majority then) an uncle by marriage (a 'born again' Christian) stripped naked, and dragged me to his bed, and tried to have sex with me. I reckon all these years later his bits still tingle after the kicking I gave him.

I wonder if any posters on this forum have been abused when young, and would be willing to share their stories with us?

I think that many catholic priests in particular are attracted to the church like a kid in a candy shop.

They know that they can command control over their victims and their behavior would not be detected or reported, at least, up until now where all this sordid business is coming to the fore.
But here is a high and mighty, disgusting organisation that enforces a life of abstinence upon its priests......totally absurd.